FLAMES

By DivineInkWell

In the halls of The Almighty School in London, picture a diverse group. There's a Muslim girl, recently arriv... More

WRITER'S NOTE
MEET THE CHARACTERS
PROLOGUE.
EPISODE ONE 1:HER NEW LIFE.
EPISODE TWO 2:KINGS AND QUEENS HIGH.
EPISODE THREE 3:BEGINNINGS
EPISODE FOUR 4 : CONNECTIONS
EPISODE FIVE 5:ENTANGLED
EPISODE SIX:BODY SHAMING
EPISODE SEVEN:EQUIPMENTS
EPISODE EIGHT 8:CAMPING
EPISODE NINE 9:TWILIGHT
EPISODE TEN 10: STIRRED.
EPISODE ELEVEN 11 :AWAKENING
EPISODE THIRTEEN 13:SICO
EPISODE FORTEEN 14 :REVELATIONS
EPISODE FIFTEEN 15:JAY!!!
NEW CHARACTERS ALERT !!!
EPISODE SIXTEEN 16:FEELINGS
COVER AND TITLE CHANGE.
EPISODE SEVENTEEN 17: FINALLY
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN 18:OUTCAST

EPISODE TWELVE : REVELATIONS.

61 13 2
By DivineInkWell

CHAPTER TWELVE 12

"Hey, Nick," he said with his million dollar smile, "Oh we are in London so it's a million pounds smile. Sheesh why do I keep bumping into this guy.

"Hi," I never thought I would see you again, I said.

"Neither did I," he said.

"Anyways, I need to head back to my classmates, so I'll leave now,"I said and I turned my back to leave, I felt his hand on my forearms, hey that sounded like four arms from Benten, OK back to business, I felt this thing that I never wanted to let go off, but either way it was still haram because he is not my mahram. I really need to stop making these puns.

"Julian, I don't really appreciate being touched OK, it would be so nice and cool if you could abide by that," I said in the nicest way possible.

"That's new, girls literally throw themselves at me and you don't like it, are you I'm not supposed to you know like, start a ritual or something, you know just to be safe from you cause you are way too unique for a human,"he said.

"I'm sorry I didn't realize it sooner, I was hoping to get your phone number,"he said.

"I don't have a phone number yet, but who knows we might not need a phone to keep in touch. We met here without a phone remember,"I said.

"Oh, I've never heard of that one before, you are really weird," he said with something Ava calls a smirk.

"Anyways, bye see you in the near future," I said.

OK, bye he said and I turned my back to leave, something told me he was staring at me.

But I knew that I didn't dare to look back those eyes of his staring down at me I know that I am definitely going to melt right on this freaking spot, no lie, makes me remember Dua Lipa, I like some of her songs.

I headed back to the conference room, the man hadn't said much since I left, great cause I might actually fail the upcoming tests, Ya Allah please help a servant.

We went to the giftshop to get gifts for our friends. I didn't have anyone except Ava and Capri. God those two are my saviors, I'll just get something for my mom instead.

"Damn, I just want to go lay down in my camper, when does this dumb Castle trip end,"Ava said.

"Wait I thought you liked Castles and princess stuff and your prince charming," I said.

"Me, why would you think that, I just love reading books about them, I live my life based on reality and I'm not going to live my life thinking it's going to end up like something someone thought of and published and one more thing I'm not interested in anybody as of now and you know my brother's words might actually come true cause, he said I'll never get a husband at this rate,"she said like it was no big deal.

"Don't be silly, your brother is just joking, you'll get your prince charming one day from now,"I said.

"Shit, subhanallah,"she said stumbling on a rock.

"Are you OK,"I asked her.

Wait what did she just say.

"Ava, what did you just say, I thought you were Christian the other day you asked if you could both religions," I asked in disbelief.

"Point of correction, I only said I could do both I did not say that I was Christian,"she said, playing with ring on her finger.

"That's true, you didn't actually say you were Christian,"I said.

"I know it sounds weird, but I'm Muslim, I only found out a few years ago, I have a complicated life so, when I found out that the person that has the probability of becoming my best friend is Muslim, I decided to learn more about the religion,"she said.

What the heck, I thought.

I don't mean to judge but a Muslim not knowing that women in Islam wear hijab that is definitely entering the Guinness books of records.

"So I'm guessing your brother helped,"I asked in a give me an answer and .

"Well, in a way or two he did help, at least I stole books from him. I didn't take the ones that were written in Arabic though, I know I'll just curse the entire world, so I'm starting with translation and transliteration," she said.

"I'll help you every step of the way,"I said it is finally good to have a fellow Muslim in school I won't be lonely, I need to rub a good impact on her.

We arranged back into the car and we went back to our camping base.

This has been one hell of a trip and it is finally our last night here, I can't wait to see my mum again, I've missed her so much.

Later in the night we all sat around campfire and I was feeling a bit chilly I felt a warm cloth around me, it was Michael.

"Wait, did you just act nice to me," I asked with the fire reflecting on his eyes.

"No, I didn't act nice, Miss Melissa asked me to share blankets for everyone and I happened to give you yours, sorry to burst your bubble,"he said with no emotions.

Come to think of it, I've never seen this guy smile or laugh or even force a grin since I got to this school.

"Didn't think you would do that either," I said with my voice falling.

Silence fell, everyone was quiet only the sound of burning fire and the animals in the woods. It was actually creepy but a place filled with teenagers can never be quiet for long. Someone broke the silence.

"When I had my phone, I wasn't in the mood to listen to music but now I need the vibe," one student said.

"Michael please just do one rap for us," Ashley practically begged.

"No, please I don't do raps anymore and besides, I can't rap without any beat," he said.

"Bryan can drum,"Ethan said.

"I'm sorry I can't drum without no sticks,"he said in a sassy voice.

"I can drum at least a bit for whatever he wants to do,"I said.

In Islam drumming is actually for women and in my former school, I learnt drumming.

"If your heads aren't blocked onion nobody wants to listen to a lullaby,"Rose said.

"Hey that's not nice," Ethan said.

"Whatever,"she said.

By now I've already gotten used to Rose's words, I don't think I should let them get to me again, I should just act like the mature one since she is obviously still a child.

I need to do a little warm up for the, you know drumming, at least not to get nervous in front of this thousands of eyes piercing through me at this point if eyes could kill, I would have probably been mourned by now.

"Hey, you ready," he asked in his black American thick accent.

"Hmmmm hmmm, " I said , taking a deep breath.

"I was born ready,"I finally said sounding confident.

He started off by beat boxing.

He stared rapping and I in turn gave the beat.

It was so beautiful, so elegant, just a wow. He's got talent but why keep it to himself is his more like that incarnate of 2pac.

Immediately he was done, he didn't even smile or look happy he just stood up and went to the water side, he should get better.

By 10 we left for our tents I had a very long add deep sleep and it was worthwhile it lasted.

⏲️THE NEXT MORNING ⏲️

"Lina, come out there are still more actives before we go back the city, can't your skin care routine wait till later," Ethan asked.

"No, definitely not, I can't look like a clown even though I'm in the forest, she said and almost heard her giggle," she did have a cute laugh.

OK fine, I'm a bit jealous everybody knew Rose was a goddess incarnate, everything about her is perfect, just that she can be a really bad witch sometimes.

The next thing, Ethan was at the front of my camper.

"What's up,"he asked in his thick Scottish accent.

"I don't know the trees, because that is all I've been seeing since I got here," I said and I giggled a bit.

He giggled a bit.

"I wanted to come give you this if you could come to my concert next week you can bring Ava along,"he said.

He said giving me a ticket to his concert. Wait he has a boy band

"You have a band and I can't believe I didn't know I'll definitely be there since it is on the school's grounds,"I said.

"Thanks, it'll be nice if you can be there,"he said.

"I'll be sure to come, please leave.I don't want Rose's issues, I've had enough problems with her that is if it's not much to ask,"I asked with a serious face on.

"If you get to know her you'll know she is not a bad person, she is just, you know insecure,"he said taking her side.

"If you ask me she just doesn't trust you, cause she did she wouldn't have thought I was throwing myself at you when all we were just having was a friendly conversation,"I said letting everything go.

"It's her again,"I heard that voice say, I'm pretty sure I don't need to remind you of who that is.

"Here comes the sneaky girlfriend," I said.

"Who the hell do you think you are talking to,"she asked with her teeth gritted.

"I thought my hijab blocked my ears, but it turns out you are just plain deaf,"I said.

"What the," she stumbled on her own words, "I don't think anyone ever stood up to her before, well feels good to break a record.

"Ethan you better tame your rogue girlfriend, before she becomes wild, it will be hard, but trust me it's worth it in the end,"I said walking into my camper.

That did feel good, they both had mixed emotions written on their faces.

The bus came in exactly an hour, I love the smell of the forest but trust me it can get very I don't know, OK fine I'll just say it, it's very embolden.

We got into the car in our three's and I'm with Mr Loner again. He barely talks, never laughs, he is just existing, does he even talk to his parents.

Sometimes I wonder if people can actually fit in other people's shoes. I had a perfect life in Nigeria and now I can't ask about my dad and everything sucks. Then there is this upcoming exam, which I'm not sure I'm going to pass. At this rate it's only Allah that can help.

************************************************

"Hey sleepy head, wake up,"I said gently, tapping Ava.

Ava would have been mistaken for Aurora in sleeping beauty, she can sleep on water, she loves and talking in her sleep as well.

"OK, I'm up," she said, rubbing her eyes and letting out a yawn.

We got down from the bus and boy was I happy to be back home not really home but it is still home in a way or two.

"OKI just wish I could lay on my bed right now,"Ava said.

"After sleeping for five good hours,"I said in disbelief.

"More like five minutes,I just can't wait for my driver,"she said.

"I'll just wait for the school bus, I do not think my mum knows we are going to be back today,"I said with my head hanging down.

"Don't worry she would have gotten it from the school's app for parents, she'll come don't worry," she said.

"Are you sure,"I asked.

"I know she will, OK,"she said, rubbing my shoulder a bit. It was soothing and I loved it, as if she was giving me a massage.

Ava is like the sister I never had, she is always there for me, I just pray she grows to love Islam, I know she will make a good Muslimah.

"Don't worry I'll wait till your mum gets here and if she doesn't come, I'll drop you with my car,"she said.

"Oh, thank you very much I won't be lonely,"I said.

I'll be there through the highs and lows, Give you mine when your heart gets broke

By your side when your all alone,

I'll beee there.

The song totally matched the moment, more like Ava was listening to music, but she was just scrolling through tiktok.

I could feel Ava's eyes on me and I finally broke the silence.

"Why do you keep staring at me,"I asked.

"Nothing,"she said.

I knew that that was definitely not nothing.

"Spill it,"I said.

"OK fine you might feel uncomfortable by this question but do you like Ethan," she asked.

"That same question as been bothering me as well, did I like Ethan, well I did think I liked him at first but it was just a feeling of two weeks, then I thought about it for a night during camping, Ethan was nice and all, but he wasn't what I wanted in someone I more than liked, he his a gentleman but I don't see myself as being more that a friend to him, trust me when I say, Ethan is head over heels for Rose, I can see it in his eyes, so my answer is no I don't like Ethan, he is just a gentle man and a handsome one at that, thanks for asking,"I said.

"Alhamdulillah, (all praise and thanks is due to Allah) I thought you liked him,"she said like she had just won a war.

"Wait, I thought you wanted me to like him," I asked, confused.

"At first I did but I have someone else in mind now,"she said.

"And who could that be,"I asked.

"It's a secret," she said.

"Please, pretty please," I said in the cutest way ever, but trust me when she says no,then it's a no.

"It doesn't work on me, sorry,"she said.

"OK fine I give up,"I said.

I don't think I want to like anybody again. It takes energy and I'm done so let's move on.

Thirty minutes later, I heard a familiar car horn.

Wait, I know that car horn it's my mum, I thought.

My mum's Rav 4 sped into the building, she has to back at a special parking lot, if she doesn't she will have to pay five thousand pounds to the school's account, trust me that is a lot of money.

I ran into the parking lot, my hijab immediately became loose, but it didn't fall off don't jump to conclusions.

I barely let her come down from the car before I gave her a crushing hug.

"(Ma pami) don't kill me,"she said smiling.

"I've missed you so much, mum do you know what it's like living in the forest, there are actually fun times and sometimes the other way around, but then......,"I said and my mum cut me off in the middle.

"You will give me the full gist later on, first let's get home and get you all cleaned up, look at your chapped lips, hmm my poor baby,"my mum said.

You might be wondering, not all Nigerian mothers are like that. Not that they are bad but they don't show love like the white parents do, but they care a lot. it's just one of the advantages of being the only girl I get the special treatment.

"Girl, have you ever tried out for the track team? You are faster than Hussein Bolt," she said trying to catch her breath.

"I'm sorry I left you hanging, meet my mum Mrs Damilare, mum meet Ava," I said, motioning them to get to know each other better.

"Hi, Mrs Damilare it's finally nice to meet you, it's such an honor," she said.

Ava can be cheeky and official at the same time,what a girl.

"If it isn't the girl that my daughter wouldn't stop talking about and a future Barrister at that, when you need help on law I'll just be a ride away, my mum said.

"No problem, I'll be sure to exhaust my coupon,"she said smiling.

"OK, no problem, do you mind if I drop you off,"she said.

"No thanks but my driver should be here any minute from now, I'm good thank you very much for your offer,"she said in the nicest way possible.

"Bye see you,"I said, hugging her goodbye.

"Stop acting like you are going to war, we will still see each other on Monday," she said and I still buried my head into her white blonde.

I got into the front seat and my mum sped off.

AVA'S POV.

I tied my hair into a ponytail but I'm a bone straight type of girl.

I've been waiting for this driver since forever, I'm totally tired.

At this rate I'll end up walking home. I found a familiar car enter the parking lot, I just minded my own business and kept on waiting for my driver.

The person I saw next shocked me.

"Dad," I shouted.

He took his sunglasses off and I gave him the hug that I've been meaning to give.

"Whoa,"can't breathe he said playfully.

"Glad you have your inhaler with you, so you are not dying anytime soon," I said into my dad's shoulder.

"How have you been princess,"he asked.

"I've been.....good dad,"I said.

"Looks like my little flower has blossomed a lot since I left,"he said.

Dad knows I hate it when he calls me his little flower. My countenance changed immediately.

So let me tell you guys a little story.

Once upon a time there was somebody called my mum and she ran away when I was six and she is the only one that calls me her little flower, the end.

Dad saw that my whole facial expression had changed.

"I'm sorry princess, it was a slip of tongue,"he said.

"It's fine dad,"I said.

"Where is Avery," he asked.

"Who cares,"I retorted.

"He is still your brother and he doesn't even know why you are angry at him and it's his right to know,"dad said.

"I know, but he has to deserve my explanation,"I said, feeling full of myself.

"OK, if you insist, he'll just meet us at home, it will be a surprise for him,"dad said.

"Like I care,"I whispered.

"Get in the car,"he ordered.

I got into the front seat and he drove off.

"So how is your new school,"he asked.

"It's cool, there are a bunch of douchebags and spoiled brat, how I wish you could have met my friend, she is literally the best human being on earth,"I said.

"Let me guess, I'm the worst,"he asked jokingly.

"No silly you are my dad and nobody can change that,"I said.

"You too pumpkin," he said.

"And my friend's name is Hadizah, she is cool and smart.

And.

Writers Note:

That is the end.

Who has missed this book let's get to five hundred reads.

QOTD :would rather have a child at fifteen or at fifty.

I want to see my grandchildren before I die so 15 wins and I would also like to be strong to see my children not when I'm weak. Not that I'm giving birth anytime soon. Bye don't forget to comment and vote.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

FATE By Zahra Sarki

General Fiction

811 59 16
You know what they say about fate, predestination and or destiny right? Life is not a bed of roses, it sure is full of surprises. Sometimes goo...
4.6K 79 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
2K 280 35
Life in USA was great for Miskiyyah and her family. She and her siblings, Dhikratullah and Dhikrullah(twins) was born over there. Work brought her pa...
33K 9.3K 55
Demi wanted to be away from all the demons in high school as soon as possible till he met her... Oluwademilade Oriladewa is the finest of them all wi...