the peaceful Tennyson

By PiratePhox4

When an elderly man and his three grandkids go on a summer road trip, they encounter mysterious, and other wo... More

BIO|information
S1E1: And then there were ten
S1E2: Washington B.C.
S1E3: The Krakken
S1E4: Permanent Retirement
S1E5: Hunted
S1E6: Tourist Trap
S1E7: Kevin 11
S1E8: The alliance
S1E9: Last laugh
S1E10: Lucky girl
S1E11: A small problem
S1E12: Side effects
S1E13: Secrets
S2E1: Truth
Updates (+Q&A)

S2E2: The big tick

415 18 2
By PiratePhox4

It begins on the gorgeous landscapes of Yellowstone National Park.

Waterfalls flow, a geyser named "Old Faithful" blows, and various wildlife is thriving among the lakes and trees. The Rust Bucket is parked next to one of these lakes. An elk drinking nearby gets spooked, as y/n(bubble gum in hand) Gwen and Grandpa Max walk up to the edge and observe the nature around them.

Max: "Nothing like finally relaxing in the peace and quiet of the great outdoors"

Ben: "Darn it, darn it! I hate this stupid thing!"

Gwen: "Or not..."

Lagging behind them is Ben, angrily fiddling with the Omnitrix and wearing headphones connected to a radio at the same time. He takes the headphones off, just as a broadcast starts playing on the radio. Only y/n was able to hear it.

Radio Announcer: "Astronomers at Mount Hamilton have caught a glimpse of a small meteor, and it appears to be headed toward the northwest part of the state"

Max: "What's the matter, Ben?"

Ben: "I figured I'd go XLR8 and hit that burger place in Casper, to pick up a double cheeseburger with pickles, but it looks like I'm stuck here"

Gwen: "Ben, Yellowstone happens to be one of the coolest places around! Just hang out and appreciate it"

Y/n: "mhm. Mhm"

Max: "Gwen's right. And we can live right off the land"

Max walks up to a log and pushes it back, revealing worms wriggling underneath.

Max: "Mmmm! Grub worms! Full of protein!"

He picks up a worm and gobbles it up.

Ben|Gwen: "Ewww!"

Y/n: "it's better when you grill then. They don't wiggle as much"

Gwen quickly joins Ben in the fiddling.

Gwen: "Maybe I can help! I'll take my burger with chili"

Ben: "I can appreciate that"

As Ben presses the activation button, the dial pops up and suddenly transforms him.

Ben: "Huh? Woah!"

Ben loses his balance in this new body, falling on his back. He opens his eyes and sees two white chubby arms with black claws.

Ben: "Guys, what am I?!"

The three walk up to him; this white and black, yellow armor-plated, panda-like alien...lying flat on his back.

Gwen: "Now that's a heroic pose"

Ben: "Real funny"

Y/n: "it is an interesting body shape"

Ben: "yeah, yeah. Can you help me up now?"

Y/n nods, and walks behind Ben, transforming into slam bam. Using his upper arms, he helps Ben up to his feet.

Ben: "I can't believe I'm a new hero!'

Max: "And where there's one more, who knows, there could be a hundred more"

Slam bam: "perhaps you will get enough to match me in numbers"

Ben: "Well, as long as they're not as worthless as this one is! So what do you think he does?"

They step back as he takes a big breath in and.... Breaths.

Ben: "So much for breathing fire. Hmm, maybe I can fire freeze rays from my eyes!"

He squints his eyes really hard. Max and Gwen look at each other, as slam bam sits down on the ground.

Ben: "...Magnetic blasts?"

He tries moving his four fat fingers in different hand signs.

Slam bam: "perhaps you have some sort of invulnerability? It does seem like you have armor"

Ben looks at the yellow parts on his arms.

Ben: "I guess so"

Suddenly...

Gwen: "Duck!"

Gwen and max run away, as slam bam and Ben turn around, seeing a meteor flying towards them. Slam bam quickly jumps away, as Ben's new form was too slow to move.

Ben: "AAHH!"

The meteor flies just over him, crashing a short distance deep in the forest. As Max, slam bam, and Gwen stare at the damaged trees, Ben falls on his back again.

Ben: "This alien's gotta go-"

He tries to curl up, but his armor plates suddenly lock into place and curl with him, transforming him into a yellow-plated ball. He accidentally starts rolling forward.

Gwen: "Don't you mean "gotta roll"?"

Max: "Look on the bright side: you're headed in the direction of the meteor"

Slam bam: "I suppose I was close when thinking of this forms abilities"

Slam bam grabs his cousin and Grandpa, and rushes after the rollaway Ben.

As the smoke clears from the crash site, Ben rolls right up to it. He manages to uncurl, sitting down and looking up at the gigantic thing that crashed down. It seems to be an enormous red cocoon-like structure.

Ben: "Woah, it's huge!"

A tremor suddenly trips ben, just as he was getting up. The others arrived. Slam bam puts down the other two, and helps Ben up once again. Gwen notices cracks forming in the cocoon.

Gwen: "And alive!"

The cocoon starts cracking some more, with multiple cracks converging into one spot that a solid blue spike finally pierces open. The four run (and roll) away as the spike plunges into the ground. More and more spikes come out. The four watch as the creature emerging from this container dwarf them with its shadow alone. It reveals itself: a creature resembling an Earth tick the size of a building; with blue steel-shining legs; a large abdomen covered in pink armor; a mouth with tentacles; and four blue spouts made of clenched muscle tissue. It shoves its mouth and legs into the earth and relaxes its spouts, spewing out a green mist that makes the four recoil.

Max: "Whoo! And quite aromatic"

Gwen: "I just thought that was Ben not taking a shower for three days"

Ben: "Four! And counting!"

Slam bam: "not helping"

An alien spaceship suddenly arrives above them. It has a sharp bow with a round center hull, which detaches and floats down. Standing on the platform are three aliens, all of different species.

Leader Alien: "Rejoice. He's arrived, in all His glorious glory"

They each float up on even smaller hovering platforms, now only as wide as their stance. The shortest alien floats directly to the tick and puts his "ear" to it.

Interpreter Alien: "I await His proclamation"

Max: "Who are you guys?"

Leader Alien: "Relax. We come in peace"

Gwen: "That's what they always say- right before they blow you to bits!"

Enforcer Alien: "Hmmm, an earthling with attitude. I've heard they exist here in large numbers. Or should I say "did"?"

The leader notices ben sitting.

Leader Alien: "And an Arburian Pelarota to boot"

Slam bam: "it seems we know what Ben is now"

Leader Alien: "His presence here must be a sign provided by The Great One. Is He not tremendous?"

All Three Aliens: "Tremendous... All hail The Tremendous One!"

Enforcer: "But you're a little far away from home, aren't you?"

Ben: "Actually, closer than you think-"

Enforcer Alien: "Unfortunately, there's nothing to go back to. The Great One purified your planet last week"

Interpreter Alien: "Shhh! Everyone quiet down! He's- speaking to me..."

Silence...

Gwen: "I don't hear anything"

Interpreter Alien: "Only I speak His language!.... The Great One says...your planet will be purified before the next moon. You are quite lucky!"

As he hugs the repulsive thing, its legs start darkening the ground around it. The darkness quickly spreads across the entire forest.

Max: "I don't think so"

Leader Alien"No, it's actually quite the experience. Let me show you!"

Enforcer Alien: "Not the audiovisual thing again..."

The Leader Alien shoots him a puzzled look and presses a button on his headgear, which creates a pink holographic image of a solar system.

Leader Alien: "We followed The Great One from planet to planet, galaxy to galaxy, after He paid a visit to each and every one of our planets"

On one of the planets is the tick. It starts to plunge its legs and tentacles into the ground.

Leader Alien: "Notice His technique, the deep burrowing of the appendages into the core of the planet"

The tentacles lengthen until it has spread into every part of the core.

Leader alien: "rotting it from the inside and then ingesting it"

The planet turns black and explodes.

Gwen: "THAT'S what he's going to do here?!"

Leader Alien: "Of course"

Leader Alien: "Your cities will be laid to waste, your oceans will dry up, your mountains will crumble..."

Enforcer Alien: "It will be the end of the world as you know it"

All Three Aliens: "Rejoice! Rejoice! Rejoice!"

Ben: "I don't think so!"

Ben curls up into a ball and starts speeding into the Leader Alien. The Enforcer makes a well-timed strike at him with his axe, sending ben back into the dense forest.

Slam bam: "I won't allow you to harm my home!"

Slam bam leaps at the enforcer, and grabs his axe before he could swing it. Slam bam lands on his floating platform, wrestling with the alien for the axe. The alien overpowers slam bam for just a moment, and pulls his axe back, and swings it at slam bam, leaving a scar across his chest, and send him flying back down to the ground.

Slam bam struggles to stand, using three arms to hold himself up, as his forth one touched the scar. He looks at his hand, as what seems like water was covering his hand. Slam bam looked at the aliens, before running after his family, a bit scared.

As he caught up to them, max and Gwen are suddenly hit by Ben, as all three of them are sent tumbling down a hill. Just as they reach the bottom, Ben returns to his human self, and slam bam slides down behind them, panting.

Ben: "Aw, man. This watch gives me a new alien out of the blue and all I can do is roll around! Totally no fair!"

Gwen: "Oho, that's right. Don't worry about the fact some giant planet-sucker is about to wipe Earth off the face of the universe! Because that's fair"

Max: "or how your cousin isn't doing too well.."

Ben and Gwen look over to slam bam, as he collapsed to his back, as max was checking out the injury.

Ben: "is.. he ok?"

Max: "he will be. Just give him a second"

At that moment, slam bam reverts back to y/n, no injury visible, but the pain was still very much there. Sitting up with a groan, y/n looks down at his amulet, as it was dull, and colorless.

Y/n: "I... After taking a hit like that, I'll be out out of commission for a while..."

Gwen: "how long is "a while"?"

Y/n looks at his amulet again, before looking back up at his cousins.

Y/n: "about twelve hours..."

Ben: "are you serious?! Now's the worse time for this to happen!"

Suddenly, the four notice leaves falling off the nearby trees, which start inflating with grey tumors and turning into paste. The sky starts turning brown.

Ben: "The trees are changing.."

Max: "We have to get back up that hill and destroy it"

The paste starts spreading.

Y/n: "before it destroys us, and everything else..."

They quickly climb back up the hill, max helping y/n, only to be greeted by long spotted tentacles wiggling up from the ground.

Ben: "Woah! These weren't here when we rolled down the hill, were they?"

Gwen: "No, I think we would've remembered them!"

Max: "That big tick's poison is mutating that landscape!"

A few tentacles move their ends, which seem to end in mouths, towards Gwen.

Gwen: "Ugh! Get your slimy whatever-they-are away from me!"

She bats one away. They get angry and coil around the four, dragging them down into the mucky ground that they sprang from. Ben's watch is still in the red.

Gwen: "I'm sinking! Ben! Don't you think now might be a good time to go hero?!"

Ben: "I'm trying! What if I turn into something else that's useless?"

Gwen screams as they all approach the muck. Ben is the first to be dragged down.

Ben: "Ugh, come on! GO HERO-!"

Gwen: "Ben!"

Y/n: "n-no..!"

Just underneath the muck, she, y/n and Max see a flash of green light. Stinkfly erupts from the ground and flies in the air. He snatches Max, y/n and Gwen from the tentacles' grip and carries them.

Stinkfly: "Going uuuup!"

Gwen: "We really need to get you some underwing deodorant. Ugh!"

A group of tentacles shoot up from the ground; two of them manage to latch on to Max's leg, stopping them in the air and pulling them back.

Max: "Never was much for Tug of War..."

Max kicks the two around his leg until they let go.

Stinkfly: "Time to tick off a tick!"

Stinkfly flies into the rotten forest, next to a dirty waterfall. More tentacles sprout from the mutated trees and shoot themselves after them.

Stinkfly: "Hold on!"

He bobs and weaves out of the way.

Meanwhile, The ticks abdomen starts growing. The three aliens feel a tremor.

Enforcer Alien: "What was that?"

The Leader Alien investigates. The "Old Faithful" geyser is now enormously backed up and pulsating.

Leader Alien: "It appears part of this planet is about to be liberated"

The interpreter alien, well... Interpretes the tick.

Interpreter Alien: "Ah, yes. Yes. I understand.."

Enforcer Alien: "What did He say?"

Interpreter Alien: "He wishes us to see the effects of His greatness, and go witness His supreme and ultimate power"

The three float over to the geyser.

Back with the tennysons.

Max: "Yellowstone's becoming more and more poisoned!"

The geyser starts pulsating so loud its "heartbeat" reaches the trio in the sky.

Gwen: "What was that noise?"

Max: "Sounds like Old Faithful's ready to blow. And I don't know what that tick's poison could do to it when it does"

Stinkfly: "One detour, coming up!"

Stinkfly starts flying over to the geyser. Just above its spout are the three aliens.

Leader Alien: "I have visual recognition on the elderly man and prepubescent female, but what are they riding on?"

Stinkfly: "Two tons of putrid power! Now move it or LOSE IT!"

Stinkfly zooms past them.

Leader Alien: "Not until we witness the eruption of the Great One's power"

Stinkfly: "Sorry, but that's not gonna happen! Hold on! I'm gonna goop it up!"

He flies back on over to the spout, shooting goop from his eye stocks. It covers the hole and stops the pulsating. The aliens are angered. Stinkfly flies away to drop Gwen, y/n and Max on safe ground.

Max: "What are you doing?"

StinkflyLetting you off. This fly's flying solo! It's usually a duo, but my partner's in critical condition"

Y/n: "you stole that from a comic book"

Stinkfly: "...maybe-"

Stinkfly immediately is met with energy beams from the Enforcer's axe. He manages to dodge every swipe and spits goop in the Enforcer's face, flying past the three. The enforcer then rips the good off his face.

Enforcer Alien: "Get him!"

They fly after Stinkfly, but lose him in a brown cloud.

Enforcer Alien: "Where did he disappear to?"

As they look around, Stinkfly triumphantly comes out of a cloud above them, getting ready to dive-bomb them.

Stinkfly: "Oh yeah! Who's bad? Oh yeah!"

The Omnitrix starts to times out.

Stinkfly: "OH NO!"

He transformed back to Ben, and starts plummeting towards the ground.

Ben: "Help!"

Max: "Ben!"

Ben manages to land on the Interpreter Alien's hovering platform, knocking him off it. He screams and lands in a mutated tree, creating a crater of blue goop. Ben climbs on the device, flying in all sorts of directions.

Ben: "Man, where's an instruction manual when you need it?"

He zigzags away. The other two aliens angrily follow after him.

Ben: "Come on..."

Keeping the device level, Ben manages to slowly stand up and keep his balance. He's now riding it! The two aliens suddenly catch up on both sides. Ben watches as the Enforcer raises his axe and the Leader prepares a head blast. Ben quickly grabs the rim of his platform and pulls it up. The two end up hitting each other.

Ben climbs up high and levels out, moving out of the way of the Enforcer's swings and the Leader's blasts. He can't keep this up, but he notices something on the ground.

Ben: "Coming in for a landing!"

Ben starts diving straight down into the spout of the geyser.

Gwen: "What's he doing?"

Y/n: "it's Ben. We won't know until he does it"

With a smile on his face, Ben keeps diving, holding onto the rim of the platform. When he finally reaches the bottom, he quickly brings it up, bouncing back upwards, passing the aliens on their way down.

The aliens are too late. They crash into the spout, creating a wonderful splash of sticky goop and muck.

Max: "Never seen an intergalactic fender-bender like that before!"

Ben hovers above them.

Ben: "Anyone need a lift?"

The four make it back to the tick. It's now more massive than before.

Max: "It's getting bigger as it feeds"

Ben: "Then it's time it went on the Four Arms diet!"

He turns on the Omnitrix and slams it down, transforming into the red behemoth. Four Arms punches the tick in every-which-way, but one toss from its legs sends him flying backwards. Ben sits stunned in Four Arms' crater

Y/n: "this will be harder than we thought..."

The dial's on Heatblast.

Ben: "Okay... One down, nine to go!"

Heatblast starts shooting fire at the shell of the big tick. It...wasn't affected at all.

On to Wildmutt! He takes a mighty swipe. Ineffective.

Maybe XLR8? He tries to pierce it with his claws. Ineffective.

Surely, Diamondhead! The crystals break on its armor...

What about Ghostfreak? Scaring it doesn't work...

Upgrade? Its shell burns him off its body.

...Ripjaws. He bites it...

Ben: "OK, I give. This thing's indestructible!"

Y/n: "if I didn't attack them before... Maybe I could've helped.."

By now, the three aliens have arrived back.

Leader Alien: "Reverse beam flow"

The Enforcer shoots a beam from his axe, this time creating a pink dome around the Tennysons. Max tries to hit it, but it shocks him.

Enforcer Alien: "It's time for the final purification of your planet, and you three along with it"

Gwen: "Please tell me we have a 'Plan B'...?"

By this point, the sky has thinned out into white, the trees have started to finally wilt, and the ground is breaking. The Enforcer raises the Tennyson's bubble in the sky and releases it, dropping them on the ground. As they get up, the Leader puts sponges in their hands.

Gwen: "What are we supposed to do with these?"

Leader Alien: "Before the Great One can cleanse your planet forever, He must be cleansed"

He points out the tick's ground-level hide, dripping and pulsating with goop. Ben throws his sponge to the ground.

Ben"No way! I am not scrubbing that thing's feet!"

The Enforcer swings an axe beam at the ground below them, knocking them back.

Max: "Do what they say. For now..."

Reluctantly, the four grabbed the sponges, and walked towards the tick.

Interpreter Alien: "He says.. He missed us. It was not our fault, oh Great One. Please forgive us"

All Three Aliens: "Forgiveness... Forgiveness... Forgiveness..."

The Tennysons scrub away blue goop at the base of the tick.

Gwen: "Ugh, could this get any nastier?"

Just as she says that, tiny insects use her sponge to crawl up her arms.

Gwen: "Gross! Space lice!"

The trees continue to wilt behind them.

Max: "We're running out of time!"

Ben: "And aliens. I went everybody!"

Y/n: "while I may not be able to use my amulet... There is still one chance"

He looks at Ben.

Ben: "No way! I am not turning into that ball thing again. Plus, I don't even know if I could!"

Gwen: "Don't try, and Earth turns into a giant cesspool"

They only need to look back to see the world falling apart around them.

Ben: "..I hate it when you're right!"

Suddenly, the pink shell of the tick cracks open in one spot, a fragment almost squashing the Tennysons.

Gwen: "It's.. shedding?"

Max: "More like transforming into something!"

Y/n: "that's... Never a good sign.."

Leader Alien: "His beauty"

Enforcer Alien: "His power"

Interpreter Alien: "His pus"

The aliens pray as the tick palpitates. Ben then activates the omnitrix, before looking at y/n, who nods.

Ben: "Here goes nothing..."
He slams it down, successfully turning into the ball alien. Which will eventually be named Cannonbolt.

CannonboltIt worked!"

He slips and falls on his back again.

Cannonbolt: "Uh, now what do I do?"

Leader Alien: "Destroy them all!"

The Leader starts shooting at Max, y/n and Gwen. Max dodges near the tick, and sees a wayward beam bouncing off the pink shell and hitting the ground.

Max: "The scales will deflect their beams!"

He grabs Gwen and y/n and runs from another beam. As they run, they all lift a piece of broken shell out of the ground. It shields the Enforcer's axe perfectly.

Y/n: "split up!"

Gwen: "bad idea!"

It was too late, y/n was already running away, the enforcer chasing him, as the other two aliens chased Gwen and max.

The enforcer swings his axe, as y/n goes the block it, but due to his still present pain, he's sent flying back, dropping the scale. The enforcer Alien got closer, and raises his axe, ready to swing.

However, it's blocked. A hammer like weapon blocks the attack, as the weilder was a figure basically made of stars. The figure grabs the enforcer's axe, and yoinks it from his hands, before hitting him into the sky with its hammer. It then throws the axe away, and turns to y/n.

Y/n: "w-who-"

The figure puts up a hand, before running up, and picking him up, and jumping away from the crumbling ground. After getting y/n to safety, the figure disappears.

Y/n quickly gets up, feeling his pain slowly subside, as he looks on, seeing Ben allowing himself to be eaten by the tick.

Y/n: "Ben... Your an idiot. But I trust you"

Meanwhile, Cannonbolt starts bouncing inside the tick's body, plowing through organs, breaking the skeleton, and tearing apart the insides of this creature. Its new shell starts to break apart and its insides fill up with goop.

The tick pulses and pulses with more goop cracking its shell, until only a mass of it is left to explode for miles across. The aliens watch. Max and Gwen find shells just before the goop reaches the ground. And y/n, suddenly gaining a surge of energy, transformed into chop chop, and lifts his shield above his head. But only for a moment, as he falls back down as y/n.

Gwen: "Uhh, "ultimate yuck"! It's raining tick goop!"

A steaming ribcage is all that's left of "The Great One". Cannonbolt emerges from it, covered in its fluids.

Cannonbolt: "Okay, NOW I need a shower"

The Interpreter Alien puts his "ear" to a piece of shell.

Interpreter Alien: "...Nothing. The Great One has been silenced forever"

Leader Alien: "You destroyed Him!"

The aliens float to Cannonbolt, trying to clean himself.

Leader Alien: "Hail to the new Great One!"

Interpreter Alien: "Hail! Hail!"

Enforcer Alien: "Whatever..."

The Leader and Interpreter start to kowtow to Cannonbolt. As the other three arrived.

Gwen: "Not too loyal are they?"

Cannonbolt: "Huh, I could get used to this!"

The Omnitrix suddenly times out.

Leader Alien: "That's right. I forgot. You're just an underdeveloped human specimen"

Ben: "Well, when you put it that way..."

The Leader and Enforcer float away.

Interpreter Alien: "Enjoy the rest of your day"

The Interpreter joins them on their ship, which promptly flies away.

Max: "Actually, it looks like there will be many days to come"

A wave of energy pulses out, as national park is returned to its lush state.

Gwen: "It looks like everything's going back to normal"

Ben: "Hate to break it to you, Gwen, but nothing we ever do is normal"

Max: "Nice job, Ben"

Ben: "Yep. I'm the kid who saved the Earth! I think my work here is done"

Ben falls on the grass and kicks his feet up. Max and Gwen smile, and y/n sighed.

Soon after, Ben finds himself having to wash goop off the Rust Bucket. Max and Gwen sit under a parasol and enjoy a cool drink, as y/n sat on the ground meditating.

Ben: "Me and my big mouth..."

Max: "Uh, Ben? You missed some tick goop over there"

Ben: "Aw man!"

Max points out a very large pile of goop on the roof of the RV. Meanwhile, the geysers burst and the birds return to the healthy sky.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 100 3
Y/N L/N, a normal 13 year old boy, who's the best friend of Ben Tennyson and also the boyfriend of Gwen Tennyson. He was asked by Max Tennyson, the g...
3.3K 70 4
When an alien device came crashing down in the middle of the woods, A boy named Y/n who found the device was then cursed and blessed with now gaining...
198K 6.4K 23
Y/N was just an ordinary unlucky boy. He has lived in Bellwood for years being about 3 years older than Ben. They grew up together often having a bro...
12.3K 157 9
After losing his family, friends and even his home world, Ben Tennyson, hero of the universe gets transported to another world after defeating his gr...