The Dark Lady (Severus x OC)

By nesseire

Lord Voldemort has decided to reveal his secret weapon to win the second magical war. It is his daughter, who... More

1. The Lady arrives at Hogwarts
2. The organization of the Resistance
3. The attack
4. Freedom plans
5. Vaitiare
6. The beach
7. The spreading of the runes
8. The search
9. Infiltrated enemy
10. Under coercion
11. A strange alliance
12. Snape's secret
13. The beginning of something else
14. Taking risks
16. Risky decisions
17. Cards on the table
18. The last clue
19. The fight in the cave
Epilogue

15. Mixed feelings

24 3 7
By nesseire

They had only spent a few days together, but that changed everything. Now the letters followed one another more frequently, and their content was neither short nor disappointing.

Win traveled all the time, crossing to the other side of the world, trying to be discreet and silent, while delivering the messages that were so eagerly awaited.

Hellen had completely fallen in love. She felt happy at all hours, and a renewed energy filled her chest and gave a new rhythm to her steps.

She couldn't help it, she loved him. She didn't know how or why she had developed those feelings, but she didn't want to feel any other way either.

Win had assured her that she was not under the influence of any spell or potion, but that also didn't explain the sudden appearance and strength of her emotions. After all, she barely knew him. She didn't know how much she could trust him.

But every time she remembered the days they had spent together she smiled like a fool, and when she received a letter from him, her chest burst with happiness. She had never felt anything like that for anyone, but she didn't want it to stop. His name and his memory filled her mind and heart.

For his part, Severus was also baffled. He didn't understand what had happened to him. Why had he been so worried after reading her letter? Why had he gone to see her? Why had he stayed at her house, wishing time wouldn't pass so quickly? Why was he planning how to see her again? Why did letters never seem enough?

Since he had returned from Hawaii, the image of Hellen filled all his thoughts and caused him immense happiness. Every time he closed his eyes he saw her eyes and her smile, and he could remember her salty smell as if his nose was still buried in her neck.

It was very difficult for him to hide that feeling of euphoria in front of his students and the other teachers, and even Dumbledore had joked about his sudden good mood.

But how deep and real were those new feelings? He couldn't deny the physical attraction he felt towards Hellen, but was there something more?

Unable to contain his curiosity, he had invoked his Patronus to resolve his doubts. To his bewilderment, the silver doe continued to run gracefully around him, without having changed any of her features.

Which was the meaning of that? Did Lily and Hellen mean the same thing to him? Was it possible to love two different people that way? Or perhaps the doe simply represented him?

His questions had no easy answers, and he had no one to share his dilemma with. Of course, he was not going to tell anyone about Hellen, not even Dumbledore, because he was afraid that someone would discover her true identity and hurt her. The thought that something bad could happen to her caused a painful queasiness in the pit of his stomach.

For now, perhaps he should enjoy that feeling, however fleeting, and stop wondering why fate had granted him this opportunity.

They continued to write to each other throughout the year, and when summer came, Severus again crossed half the world to see her. This time he didn't need to rent a room.

The summer months passed without them realizing it, and the first moment in which their happiness was tarnished was when they were forced to say goodbye.

This time, the distance became harder, and the letters failed to fill the emptiness they felt. Unfortunately for them, they had fallen in love with a person who lived on the other side of the world.

But they still persevered. They wouldn't let something as trivial as distance separate them.

***

Ginny was planning how to escape. The longer they spent doing nothing, the more dangerous the situation would become.

She had managed to get close to Parvatil without being prevented by her captors and was speaking to her in hurried whispers.

"There are only five guards, and they don't watch us too closely. Since we don't have wands, they must think that we are not going to do anything."

"And what do you propose?"

"There are only two doors. We already know that the first one has no way out, it is where we have arrived. We must try to escape through the second."

Hermione had given her that idea. She had seen how Fretzu left through that door with the parchment where he wrote everything down. It was also where the selected girls were taken. If there was an exit, it had to be through there, and if not, at least they would find a method to communicate with the outside world.

"But how are we going to defend ourselves if they attack us? They are very strong," Parvatil looked at the creatures with fear.

"We can take Eily with us. She can do wandless magic."

"There is a girl... a witch, who can do magic without a wand," Ginny hesitated, since Eily was very young. "At the very least, she is capable of summoning protective shields."

Parvatil didn't seem very convinced, but they had no other options.

A little later, Ginny managed to crawl close to the girl, who was still hugging her stuffed seal. Eily's blue eyes lit up at the sight of Ginny. The young woman tried to explain the plan quickly and simply.

"We are going to need your help. Do you think you can cover us with your shield?" the girl was thoughtful.

"I think so. I have practiced with mom."

"It will have to do."

"Hermione, I can't believe we're going to use a five-year-old to protect us."

"We have no other options. Now we have to wait for our chance to come."

The moment came sooner than they imagined. A rune illuminated at the entrance door, indicating that a new victim had been trapped. As usual, the five captors walked through the door, and Ginny waited for them to disappear before taking action.

She took Eily by the hand and motioned to Parvatil and Susan. The four of them ran towards the exit door, but as expected, it was closed. Ginny felt through her hair with her hands, grabbing a pair of bobby pins.

"Parvatil, I need your hair ornament," the other girl handed her the long, pointed hairpin that kept her long hair up, and Ginny began to fumble with the lock.

"What are you doing?"

"I learned this from Fred and George. But this lock is more complicated than the one on the broom closet."

The minutes passed by, and Ginny still couldn't open the door. Her sweaty hands were shaking. From the entrance room they heard horrendous screams very far away. It looked like a woman was being tortured. Ginny tried to ignore it, while she worked.

"They're coming back," Parvatil moaned, taking Susan by the hand. The screams had fallen silent, but Ginny didn't give up, she couldn't leave it now.

"They don't bring anyone with them, but they seem stronger. It's as if they have more energy."

Ginny growled, not taking her eyes off the lock. Fretzu was approaching her with large strides. Then, Eily crossed her arms, closed her eyes, and a magical force came out of her, striking and knocking down the nearest captors.

"Do it again!" Parvatil shouted at her, retreating with Susan. Eily repeated the spell, and this time, something changed in the men. They no longer looked human, and their skin became gray and cracked.

Fretzu continued to approach, and Eily tried with all her might to push him back. But she was very tired, and she couldn't do it.

With a scream of rage, Ginny stepped in front of the girl, and threw herself at the creature. She stabbed him in the neck with Parvatil's pin, but the man did not flinch. He didn't even bleed. The creature grabbed Ginny by the wrist and neck, immobilizing her.

"Excellent specimen," he commented, looking at Eily. "Put them back in their place. Don't let them move."

Parvatil, Susan and Eily were dragged away by the captors. The girl resisted, screaming, and with her hand touched the skin of the creature that held her. The man began to burn, as if he were made of straw, and fell to the ground, screaming. The girl stumbled, dizzy, and collapsed.

"Tie her up," Fretzu did not seem concerned about the fortune of his companion, who had been reduced to ashes in a matter of seconds. The others also showed no emotion or hesitation and obeyed their leader. Little Eily could no longer resist. She had lost consciousness.

"How did she do that? It looks like dark magic."

"What do we do with her?" asked one of the creatures, referring to Ginny. Fretzu still hadn't let go of her.

"She's too troublesome, but her magic is strong. She will decide."

"Why does she have to be for her? We could have her, like that witch from before," the creature licked its lips. "Her power was delicious."

Fretzu evaluated Ginny carefully, just as he had done with Parvatil.

"Yes... her power is useful," he finally hissed. Ginny felt horrified how the man dragged her as if she weighed nothing, towards the exit door. She was thrown to the other side, without hesitation.

Ginny stumbled and fell to the ground, a short distance from an octagonal pool, filled with blood.

***

The members of the DA crowded into Dumbledore's office. Harry had also been summoned, after a brief visit to the infirmary.

The headmaster drilled everyone with his blue eyes. He was very angry, and no longer showed the kind and friendly expression that characterized him. The heads of the four houses were equally tense and did not seem to want to come to the defense of their students.

"Are you aware of the risk you have taken? You have put the school in danger again."

"Do you mean that we were safe before, Professor?" Harry remained at the front of the group, without cowering. Behind the headmaster, Snape grimaced.

"You speak without thinking, as always, Potter, how do you think the Dark Lord will react when he receives the news?"

"What news? That one of his followers has fallen down the stairs?"

"Enough," Dumbledore interrupted them. "I want you to be aware of the seriousness of the situation. This event cannot go unpunished."

"Are you going to punish us for what happened to that death eater?" Ron clenched his fists tightly, angry. "They have taken my sister. They have made our friends disappear, why should we stand by and do nothing?"

"A person has died, Mr. Weasley," Dumbledore stared at him. "That should not be taken lightly. You will receive a punishment according to the situation. For the moment, you will remain locked in your Common Rooms. You will only leave to go to class. I don't want to hear your protests," he raised his voice to silence the students' complaints. "Your teachers will take you back," he added, looking at his colleagues. "Severus, wait a moment," the headmaster waited in silence for the students and teachers to leave the office.

"You are being very benevolent with them. They have caused the death of a death eater."

"I don't need to hear your protests now, Severus," but Snape was too angry to listen.

"What am I supposed to say to the Dark Lord? How am I going to explain Alecto's death?"

"You will tell him the truth," Dumbledore declared. Snape looked at him with wide eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"You will say that she was involved in an altercation among the students and ended up being trapped by the runes," Dumbledore paced around the office, with his hands behind his back. "In your words, Voldemort has nothing to do with the disappearances. This event will let him know that he has a new enemy. Maybe that will distract him enough from what's going on at Hogwarts."

"It won't work," the professor protested angrily. "The Dark Lord is convinced that the runes are a lie created by you to distract and weaken him. Not even Hellen... not even the Lady has managed to convince him otherwise."

Dumbledore stared at him in surprise. Snape must have been very nervous to have made that mistake. That was unusual of the stoic professor. Studying him more closely, Dumbledore realized that the Potions Master was scared.

"Is there something else you haven't told me?" he asked softly. For a second, Snape seemed to hesitate, before assuming his usual mask of cold indifference.

"Nothing important."

Before Dumbledore could insist, one of the portraits in his office interrupted him.

"Headmaster, the Minister has just arrived at Hogwarts."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 54 17
Edited- MAY CONTAIN GRAPHIC STUFF Rumor Belladonna Riddle is the sole child of Lord Voldemort- a tag that she quickly learns turns people away from h...
11.7K 361 66
"His last promise to me was the first one he's ever broken..." What if Severus Snape had a daughter? What if he also survived the war? The only catch...
9.6K 207 13
Molly Black is on the run. Voldemort is at his strongest, Dumbledore is dead, and Severus Snape, the man she had grown to trust, was a traitor. It is...
151K 6.3K 64
(Best Ranking: #1 in SNILY, #3 in VOLDEMORT, #6 in ALBUSDUMBLEDORE and #30 in SEVERUS) 2nd place in the Magical Book Awards Severus Snape thought h...