daylight | percy jackson

By gracieloveslana

"you had a dream about me?" "it was a prophecy, dont get too cocky" "did i look really handsome and talented... More

synopsis ೀ
aria has a type
boy meets (demigod) world
battle of the gym squad
are last names reserved for enemies?
zeus pooks is a lil paranoid
justice for percy's hair
running away from the orphanage
gladiola my king
percy hates on architecture
jumping off a monument (date idea)
luke gets in aria's bad books
the group becomes walking advertisements
truck travels
the home alone guys in an alternate universe
percy goes pearl diving
charon confirmed aria stan
if the era's tour was in the underworld
trip down...tartarus lane?
real or not real?
is this the end of all the endings?
BOOK TWO.
who tf is andy?
no red flags here
camp rock prepares for war
here comes the goat, all dressed in white
tyson meets fish ponies
group therapy
where is the nearest wingstop
more like hurricane tortilla
bro think he a guinea pig
the group meets fawn
high school musical 3
lukie pookie returns
tree comes back from the dead
BOOK THREE.
movie night...without tyson
percy meets the family
percy no no wanna
grover is joe goldberg
pinot noir makes a comeback
simba? is that you?
distance distance distance
lord of da wild
say that shi w yo chest
hair ties and dragons
voice of an angel
youre not dead?
fam reunions #awkies
look at the stars
a little party never killed nobody
kid(napping)
BOOK FOUR.
fooled you cant get fooled again
stork story
said i love you. you say nothing back.
i normally love gingers but
taxi driver, be my shrink for the hour

did ya miss me

1.1K 41 244
By gracieloveslana

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

BOOK THREE

CHAPTER TWO.

❝ you're stupid! ❞

THE FRIDAY before winter break, Aria, Annabeth, and Thalia stood patiently outside the Jackson's apartment, waiting for Sally to be able to drive them to Bar Harbour. Percy opened the door to his apartment complex and stepped outside, backpack in hand. 

He nodded his head as a greeting to Thalia who simply gave him the middle finger. 

"Hey, Annabeth," he said, moving on from that encounter. 

Annabeth leaned in to give him a small sideways hug. "Hey, Percy."

The two pulled apart and Percy turned to look at Aria. "Hi, Silvers."

The girl gave him a lopsided grin, although, didn't make any move to hug him like Annabeth had. "Long time no see, Jackson."

Percy smirked. "You miss me?"

"Not at all," Aria replied, fixing the loose strap on her bag. 

Annabeth clapped. "Should we get in the car?"

Everyone gave a collective nod and piled on into the car, Percy in passenger seat, Aria on the far left, Annabeth in the middle, and Thalia on the far right. 

It was an eight-hour drive from New York to Bar Harbour, Maine. Sleet and snow pounded on the highway. Between the blizzard and the thought of what they were about to do, the group was too nervous to talk all that much. Except for Percy's mom. She seemed to talk more when she was nervous. By the time they finally got to Westover Hall, it was getting dark, and she'd told the three girls every embarrassing baby story there was to tell about Percy.

Thalia wiped the fog off the car window and peered outside. "Oh, yeah. This'll be fun."

Westover Hall looked like an evil knight's castle. It was all black stone, with towers and slit windows and a big set of wooden double doors. It stood on a snowy cliff overlooking this big frosty forest on one side and the grey churning ocean on the other. 

"Are you sure you don't want me to wait?" Sally asked. 

"No, thanks, Mom," Percy said. "I don't know how long it will take. We'll be okay."

"But how will you get back? I'm worried, Percy."

Percy's cheeks tinted red, and Aria had to fight back the urge to laugh at his discomfort. The boy did not look too thrilled about the fact that his mother was driving them around. 

"It's okay, Ms Jackson." Annabeth smiled reassuringly, her braids tucked into a ski cap. "We'll keep everyone out of trouble." 

Sally seemed to relax at Annabeth's words. The daughter of Athena had that effect on people. "All right, dears," she announced. "Do you have everything you need?"

"Yes, Ms. Jackson," Thalia said. "Thanks for the ride."

"Extra sweaters? Percy, do you remember my phone num-"

"Mom!" 

Sally was not deterred. "Your ambrosia and nectar, Percy? And a golden drachma in case you need to contact camp?"

"Mom, seriously! We'll be fine. Come on, guys."

She looked a little hurt, and Aria felt the sudden urge to just embrace the older woman and assure her it was going to be okay. She didn't. However, she did say. "Jackson doesn't mean to be rude. I think he just feels that people will take him less seriously if they see his mother driving him around. He doesn't really mean it." 

Sally turned around to face her, fixing up her jacket with tender hands. "Percy is lucky to have you," she said, smiling at the younger girl, who was now the only one in the car.

"I'll take care of him," Aria assured. "I promise."

Sally patted her jacket two times as a sign she was ready. "I know you will."

And with that, Aria exited the car, the group giving her quizzical looks as to why she was in the vehicle for so long. She ignored them all, shrugging her shoulders. 

Once the car was out of sight, Thalia said. "Your mom is cool, Percy."

"I would die for Sally," Aria added on. 

"She's pretty okay," Percy admitted. "What about you, Thalia? You ever get in touch with your mom?"

Aria felt herself internally sigh. 

Thalia was great at giving evil looks, what with the punk clothes she always wears--the ripped up army jacket, black trousers and chain jewellery, the black eyeliner and those intense blue eyes. But the look she gave Percy now was a perfect evil ten. "If that was any of your business, Percy--"

"We'd better get inside," Annabeth intervened. "Grover will be waiting."

The oak doors groaned open, and the four of them stepped into the entry hall in a swirl of snow. 

"Holy shi-"

The place was massive. The walls were lined with battle flags and weapon displays: antique rifles, battle-axes, and a bunch of other stuff. Aria knew Westover was a military school and all, but the decorations seemed like overkill. Literally. 

Annabeth started to speak, "I wonder where-"

The doors slammed shut behind them.

"Oo-kay," Percy grumbled. "Guess we'll stay awhile."

She could hear music echoing from the other end of the hall. It sounded like dance music. 

The group stashed their backpacks behind a pillar and started down the hall. They hadn't gone very far when Aria heard footsteps on the stone floor, and a man and woman marched out of the shadows to intercept them.

They both had short grey hair and black military-style uniforms with red trim. The woman had a wispy moustache, and the guy was clean-shaven. They both walked stiffly, like they had broomsticks strapped to their backs.

"Well?" the woman demanded. "What are you doing here?"

"Well.." Percy started. Aria realised they hadn't planned for this. They had been so focused on getting Grover and finding out what was wrong, she hadn't considered that someone might question four kids sneaking into the school at night. 

Aria continued the lie, like she always seemed to do. "Ma'am we were just practicing...rifle shooting."

Percy nodded. "Yup. We killed a squirrel and stuff."

Aria gave him a look. Squirrel? Really? "Love this country!" she exclaimed weakly. 

The man interrupted. "Visitors are not allowed at the dance! You shall be eee-jected!"

He had an accent--French, maybe. He pronounced his J like in Jacques. He was tall, with a hawkish face and his nostrils flared when he spoke, which made it really hard not to stare up his nose. His eyes were two different colours--one brown, one blue--like an alley cat's. 

Aria gave a subtle glance at Thalia, motioning her head towards the two Army teachers. Thalia nodded in return, and stepped forward, snapping her fingers.

The sound was sharp and loud, and the whole room felt a gust of wind ripple out from her hand. Even the banners on the walls seemed to rustle. 

"Oh, but we're not visitors, sir," Thalia said. "We go to school here. You remember: I'm Thalia, and this is Annabeth, Aria, and Percy. We're in ninth grade."

The male teacher narrowed his two-coloured eyes. He looked at his colleague. "Ms Gottschalk, do you know these students?"

Despite the danger they were in, Aria had to bite her tongue to keep herself from laughing. A teacher named 'Got Chalk?" He had to be kidding. 

The woman blinked, like someone had woken her up from a trance. "I...yes. I believe I do, sir." He frowned at them. "Annabeth. Thalia. Percy. Aria. What are you doing away from the gymnasium?"

Before they could answer, they heard more footsteps, and Grover ran up, breathless. "You made it! You--"

He stopped short when he saw the teachers. "Oh, Mrs Gottschalk. Dr Thorn! I, uh--"

"What is it, Mr Underwood?" said the man. His tone made it clear that he despised Grover. "What do you mean they made it? These students live here."

Grover swallowed. "Yes, sir. Of course, Dr Thorn. I just meant I'm so glad they made the...the punch for the dance! The punch is great. And they made it!"

Dr. Thorn glared at them. He looked like he wanted to pitch them off the castle's highest tower, but then Mrs Gottschalk said dreamily, "Yes, the punch is excellent. Now run along, all of you. You are not to leave the gymnasium again!"

The didn't need to be told twice. They left with a lot of 'Yes, ma'ams' and 'Yes, sirs' and a couple of rifle actions from Aria and Percy, still trying to convince the teachers that they knew how to shoot. 

Grover hustled them down the hall in the direction of the music. Percy asked Thalia in a low voice, "How did you do that finger-snap thing?"

"You mean the mist? Hasn't Chiron shown you how to do that yet?"

Grover hurried them to a door that had gym written on the glass. 

"That was close!" Grover said. "Thank the gods you got here!"

Aria, Annabeth and Thalia greeted the satyr with a hug, however, Percy, being the teenage boy that he is, gave the boy a weird handshake that consisted of a half-fist pump and half rubbing their hands together. 

"Are we greeting each other or making a fire?" Aria quipped and Percy stuck out his tongue at the girl.

"You're just mad you don't have a cool handshake," he retorted, pulling away from Grover.

"Absolutely furious."

Aria looked back at Grover. He had gotten a little taller and had sprouted a few more whiskers, but otherwise he looked like he always did when he passed for a human--a red cap on his curly brown hair to hide his goat horns, baggy jeans and sneakers with fake feet to hide his furry legs and hooves. He was wearing a black T-shirt that took Aria a few seconds to read. It said WESTOVER HALL: GRUNT. Aria wasn't sure whether that was Grover's rank or maybe just the school motto. 

"So what's the emergency?" Percy asked.

Grover took a deep breath. "I found two."

"Two half-bloods?" Thalia asked, amazed. "Here?"

Grover nodded.

Finding one half-blood was rare enough. This year, Chiron had put the satyrs on emergency overtime and sent them all over the country scouring schools from fourth grade through high school for possible recruits. These were desperate times. They were losing campers. They needed all the new fighters they could find. 

"A brother and a sister," Grover explained. "They're ten and twelve. I don't know their parentage, but they're strong. We're running out of time, though. I need help."

"Monsters?" Annabeth asked.

"One." Grover looked nervous. "He suspects. I don't think he's positive yet, but this is the last day of term. I'm sure he won't let them leave campus without finding out. It may be our last chance! Every time I try to get close to them, he's always there, blocking me. I don't know what to do!"

Grover looked at Thalia desperately. 

"Right," she said. "These half-bloods are at the dance?"

Grover nodded.

"Then let's dance," Thalia put simply. 

"Who's the monster?" Aria asked, nervously checking the area.

"Oh," Grover said, and he looked around. "You just met him. The vice principal, Dr. Thorn."

Weird thing about military schools: the kids go nuts when there's a special event and they get to be out of uniform. Aria guessed it's because everything's so strict the rest of the time, they feel like they've got to overcompensate or something. 

There were black and red balloons all over the gym floor, and guys were kicking them in each other's faces, or trying to strangle each other with the crepe-paper streamers taped to the walls. Girls moved around in football huddles, the way they always do, wearing their best makeup, extravagant clothes and heels. It was a typical awkward middle school dance. 

"There they are," Grover nodded towards a couple of younger kids arguing in the bleachers. "Bianca and Nico Di Angelo."

The girl wore a floppy green cap, like she was trying to hide her face. The boy was obviously her younger brother. They both had dark silky hair and olive skin, and they used their hands a lot as they talked. The boy was shuffling what Aria recognised as Mythomagic cards, something that Percy had taught her at his house. His sister seemed to be scolding him about something. She kept looking around like she sensed something was wrong.

The boy looked awfully familiar, though Aria couldn't place where she had seen him.

Annabeth said, "Do they...I mean, have you told them?"

Grover shook his head. "You know how it is. That could put them in more danger. Once they realise who the are, their scent becomes stronger."

"So let's grab them and get out of here," Percy said. He started forward, but Thalia put her hand on his shoulder.

The vice-principal, Dr Thorn, had slipped out of a doorway near the bleachers and was standing near the di Angelo siblings. He nodded coldly in their direction. His blue eyes seemed to glow.

Judging from his expression, Aria guessed Thorn hadn't been fooled by Thalia's trick with the Mist after all. He suspected who they were. He was just waiting to see why they were here.

"Don't look at the kids," Thalia ordered. "We have to wait for a chance to get them. We need to pretend we're not interested in them. Throw him off the scent."

"How?" Percy asked.

"We're four powerful half-bloods. Our presence should confuse him. Mingle. Act natural. Do some dancing. But keep an eye on those kids."

"Dancing?" Annabeth said. 

Thalia nodded. She cocked her ear to the music and made a face. "Ugh. Who chose the Jesse McCartney?"

Grover looked hurt. "I did."

"Oh my gods, Grover. That is so lame. Can't you play, like, Green day or something?"

Grover was still lost. "Green who?"

Thalia let out a groan of annoyance. "Never mind. Let's dance," she said. 

"But I can't dance!" 

"You can if I'm leading," Thalia countered. "Come on, goat boy. Annabeth, join us."

Grover and Annabeth were led away by Thalia, the trio interlocking hands. 

Aria and Percy were left to stand by themselves.

The daughter of Apollo looked out over the gym, trying to look busy in order to break the awkwardness. She noticed a bunch of boys stealing glances at her, and her stomach curled into uncomfortable knots. For some reason, she only wanted one particular boy to ask her to dance. And currently, he wasn't making any moves. 

Why did she want to dance with him?

・ ゜ ʚɞ ゜ ・ ゜

PERCY DREW a sharp, short, intake of breath, trying to steady his irregular breathing and his heart that was beating at double the amount it should have. Aria stood next to him, tapping her foot as she anxiously looked out at all the people in the gym. 

Ask her. Ask her. Ask her. 

Why was it so hard to talk to her now? If you had told 13 year old Percy that he liked Aria Silvers, he would have laughed in your face, but now...things were different. He wasn't sure how to act around her. Something had changed, and he wasn't sure if he liked it. 

Aria's sweet voice broke his restless thoughts. "Which boy should I ask to dance?"

The way she phrased it sounded like a test, and for once, Percy passed. 

"Me."

Aria cocked her head at him, a little bit confused. "What?"

Why was he so bad at this? 

"Umm," he said, trying to concoct an excuse. "Well...the other boys might be...monsters! Yep! They could be bad guys. So I think it's safer if you dance with me."

"The only monstrous thing about those boys are their buzzcuts," Aria said while grimacing. 

Percy furrowed his brows. "I thought you said you liked boy's with buzzcuts?"

They made eye contact, Aria's shorter figure having to look up to Percy. "I changed my mind."

"Hey!" Thalia called to them. She was slow dancing with Annabeth and Grover, all three of them in a cult-like circle. Grover was tripping all over himself, kicking Thalia in the shins, and looking like he wanted to die. At least his feet were fake.

"Dance you guys!" Thalia ordered. "You look stupid just standing there."

"You look stupid!" Aria yelled back, and a couple of the other school kids turned to look at her. 

Percy stepped in front of her. "Can I have this dance?" 

Aria's mouth seemed to drop, a large grin appearing on her face. "DID YOU JUST QUOTE HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL THREE ON ME." 

Percy shrugged. "You impressed?" he said with a small smirk.

"Very."

He outstretched his hand in what he hoped was a gentleman-like manner. The girl feebly took it, and her skin felt as warm as Percy's cheeks. 

Walking into the middle of the hall, Percy dropped Aria's hand. "I'm gonna be honest. I don't know how to dance."

Aria gave him a soft smile, and Percy could practically feel himself melt. Grover was definitely snickering in the other corner of the hall.

"S'okay. I'll teach you," she said, placing her arms around his neck gently, as if afraid to touch him.

"We don't have to actually dance like this if you don't want to," Percy assured. "I don't wanna make you uncomfortable."

Aria shook her head, her arms remaining steady on his shoulders. "You don't make me uncomfortable, it's alright."

"If I did, you would tell me? Right?" Percy asked nervously. 

Aria nodded firmly. "I would tell you."

"May I uh-..." Percy started, motioning his hands to her waist. 

"If you want," Aria breezily said, although Percy noticed her cheeks were a little pink. It was probably because it was so hot in the gym. 

Percy fought back the urge to say, 'Yes. I want to.', but he didn't want to sound like a creepy forty year old man. So he just simply put his shaking hands onto her waist, the action so simple, yet so hard to do. 

This girl was messing with his brain. 

"Take my hand," Aria ordered. She didn't need to ask him twice. He carefully took her hand in his. 

"What's next?" he asked, his voice a little rugged.

"Pull me close," she said. 

"Are you just singing the song from high school musical..." 

"Maybe."

He pulled her closer into him anyway. 

"I forgot the rest of the song. What do we do now?" Percy asked.

"Take one step," the girl said, and the boy complied, taking one step back. 

The duo continued stepping backwards and forwards, Percy being extra careful not to step on her feet. 

"How's Ms Roberts?" Percy asked her, trying to break the silence that had now taken over. 

"She's good," Aria replied, looking at him straight in the eye. "Doing lot's of mechanical things and whatnot. I don't know what they are, I failed tech."

"Just like you failed every other subject?" Percy joked. 

"Hey!" the girl protested. "I got A's in all my other classes thank you very much." 

"Apologies."

"Apology not accepted," Aria said with a smile, and Percy couldn't help but grin back. 

There was silence for a moment before Aria spoke again, her voice a little quieter this time. "I did miss you. If you were wondering."

Percy felt his brain go numb. Was his mind normally meant to feel this...light? He tried to play it cool.

"You mean you missed having someone to make fun of."

Aria chuckled. "Partly."

"I missed-"

Aria froze, cutting him off. "They're gone."

"What?" 

Percy followed her gaze towards the bleachers. The two half-bloods, Bianca and Nico, were no longer in sight. The door next to the bleachers was wide open. Dr. Thorn was nowhere in sight. 

"Let's go look for the other's," Percy said while Aria extracted her hands from his neck. 

"Where the fuck are they?" Aria asked, her frantic eyes scanning the gym. 

She started to weave her way through the oncoming crowd. Percy began to follow her when a stampede of buzzcut boys trampled their way in front of him. The son of Poseidon anxiously played with the brown hair tie on his wrist, flicking it up and down. Once the mob of young Coriolanus Snow's had disappeared, Aria was no where to be seen. 

He swivelled around, desperate to find the girl, but instead, he found a floppy green cap and a couple of Mythomagic cards scattered on the floor. 

He caught a glimpse of Dr. Thorn hurrying out a door at the opposite side of the gym, steering the di Angelo kids by the scruffs of their necks. 

Percy was still unable to spot the brunette, and a part of him wanted to just go back and continue looking. But then he thought of Thalia. 

The daughter of Zeus, with her electrifying presence and glow of new-found importance, seemed to cast a weary shadow over the son of Poseidon. It was as if he was a forgotten melody, drowned out by the allure of a new, more captivating song. 

The fear crept in that everyone, including Chiron back at camp, would leave him behind like an old relic. Like a fable with a meaning that wasn't all that relevant anymore. 

With each step, Percy felt like he was racing against time, desperately trying to catch up with a version of himself that might no longer be needed. The haunting thought lingered--would he be discarded and replaced, like an old hero overshadowed by the dawn of a new legend? 

Percy took Riptide out of his pocket and raced after Dr. Thorn.

The door led into a dark hallway. Percy heard sounds of scuffling up ahead, and then a painful grunt. He jogged down the corridor, but when he got to the other end, no one was there. He opened a door and found himself back in the main entry hall. He didn't see Dr. Thorn anywhere, but there, on the opposite end of the room, were the di Angelo kids. They stood frozen in horror, staring right at Percy. 

He approached them slowly, lowering the tip of his sword. "It's okay. I won't hurt you."

They didn't answer, their eyes filled with fear. Where was Dr. Thorn? Maybe he had sensed the presence of Riptide and retreated. 

"I'm Percy," he said, trying to maintain a regular breathing pattern, which lately, had been hard for him. "I'm going to take you out of here, get you somewhere safe."

Bianca's eyes widened, and her fists clenched at her side. Only too late did Percy realise what her look meant. She wasn't afraid of him. She was trying to warn him. 

camp notes 🪼⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

gimme some ideas for this book

what do you guys wanna see?

- gracie 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

311K 8.7K 200
If I was you, I'd wanna be me, too But you probably won't, you think that you're cooler than me
4.5K 253 15
𝐚𝐮•𝐠𝐮•𝐫𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐧: 𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐲; 𝐩𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐧: 𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ★ 𝐚 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟�...
243K 8.8K 114
All's Fair in Love and War The Lightning Thief: Complete The Sea of Monsters: Complete The Titans Curse: Complete The Battle of the Labyrinth: Compl...
24.2K 1K 12
❝ you're really beautiful, annie, you know that? ❞ ❝ shut your fucking face, castellan. ❞ ━━━━━━ 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 . . . 𖥔 ݁ ˖ִ ━━━━━━ 𝗿𝗵𝗶𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗼...