OUTERBANKS SEASON4

By Millyboo92

☆Riara☆ I'm going to write this story really slow as I will be writing two stories at the same time (one bei... More

Chapter One; Part 1: The Jump
Chapter 1: Part2: "Bring it back in one piece"
Chapter 1: Part 3: She shouldn't be here
Chapter 1: Part 4: Is she crazy?
Chapter2:Part1: Memories
Chapter 2: Part 2: Rafe at Barrys'
Chapter 2: Part 2: Drama
Chapter 2: Part 3: A Kiss in the Swamp
Chapter 3: Part 1: Dinner at Carreras'
Chapter 3: Part 2: To Barbados We go
Chapter 3: Part 3: Set Sail
Chapter 3: Part 2: The First Day
Chapter 4: Part 1: Day Two
Chapter 4: Part 2: Collide
Chapter 5: Part 1: The Way You Make Me Feel
Chapter 5: Part 2: Fishing
Chapter 5: Part 3: The Stormy Night
Chapter 6: Part 1: Last Night was Rocky
Chapter 6: Part 2: Buzzcut Season
Chapter 7: Part 1: Should I Stay
Chapter 7: Part 2: Invader
Chapter 7: Part 3: The Night Market
Chapter 8: Part 1: What They'd Been Waiting For
Chapter 8: Part 2: Final Chapter
Additional Chapter: FIVE WEEKS LATER
Additional Chapters: Part 2 (FIVE WEEKS EARLIER)
Additonal Chapters- Part 3: The Figure on His Bike
Additional Chapters: Part 4: Feelings Not Lost
Additional Part: Part 5: Kook Kiara
Additional Part 6: Hi Again
Additional Part: Part 7: What was she thinking?
Additional Part 8: The Dinner
Additional Part 9: Two bold lines
Additional Part 10: Subtle signs
Additional Part 11: The Stall
Additional Part 12: Break In
Maya and Jude
Additional Part 13: The Pendant
Additiontal Part 14: Kiara's Secret
Additional Part 15: Hungover
Additional Part 16: Troubles
Additional Part 17: Girl Talk
Additional Part 18: Playing with Pirates
Additiontal Part 19: Keeping Afloat
Additional Part 20: Red Rose Petals
Additional Part 21: Messages
Additional Part 22: Barry and Rafe's Talk
Additional Part 23: Unexpected Allies
Additional Part 24: Sibling Disputes
Additional Part 25: The Rescue

Final Chapter: Atlas

238 8 10
By Millyboo92

Hey guys!! My final final last chapter!!! Guys, hope I did ok, may have a look at it tomorrow, I have been insanely busy and I was supposed to have two more parts, but had to bring down to one just so I could give us an ending... I was supposed to have a part about how they got away from Jude, Pierra and his men, and what happened next... but we know they were all ok and made it back once on American waters lol Shoupe made sure lol Anyways guys, this is my final chapter and I'd wanted to say so many thanks to you all for reading my story... I'm so grateful for you all! Thank you guys for sticking around, for every single comment, every single vote, and just for everyone that hyped me up to get me to make it to the end of the story! Sending you all so many thanks, hugs, everything!! Guys, take care, and hope you guys enjoy!!!

Last Chapter song: Is This Love (Kaya 40 Mix) by Bob Marley and The Wailers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...Two and a half years later...

"Atlas!"

His feet scuffles along the grainy sand, abruptly stopping at the water's edge. The waves gently roll, lapping onto the shore, over his tiny toes, the sand felt veverty against his skin. His eyes latch onto the sparkly object that had lured him here. It had been partially buried beneath the wet smooth sand. It glistened and shimmered as the waves ran over its smooth surface... he'd seen it from way up where he'd stood with his aunt just moments ago, on top of her back lawn that overlooked the private area of beach. It was an alluring bright color- a mesmerizing emerald green- and this small stone gleamed, peeking out from beneath the beige wet sand. It was glistening at him as he stood over it, gazing down at what he'd wanted to pick up. The sea water washing up over it again, polishing it over and over. He squishes his little toes into the wet sand with anticipation, then reaches down, scooping up the small stone with his chubby little fingers, and clasps it tightly into his palm. Atlas watches as the water laps over his feet gently again, mesmerized at how it washes the sand away.

"Atlas!" Sarah calls again, bringing his attention slightly back to her.

She groans. She'd only taken her eyes off him for just a second and now he'd somehow managed to find himself standing by the shore.

Atlas finally glances over to his aunty who stood, in her beautiful pale pink summer dress, holding down her wide brimmed summer hat from flapping away into the warm breeze. His lips curl into a mischievous smile, eyes twinkling with excitement as he starts off again, flicking water as it sprays from beneath his feet as they meet the rolling soft waves, running over onto the shore line.

He giggles as Sarah chases him over the line were the water laces with sand gently, her hair whipping around wildly as she nears him and slows down. She had easily caught up to the small little boy, who had scuttled off quicker than she'd anticipated- she swoops him up off his feet, and into her arms, swaying him around like he were an airplane, his little chuckles growing into bubbles of laughter. "You're a cheeky little one, you know that?" She says between breaths, then chuckles. "Just like your dad was when he was little... always playing pranks. Aunty Sarah needs you to not run off like that, ok?- It literally scares me..." she emphasizes. "-and..." she takes another few seconds to take back her breath. "-I need you to be my little ring boy, in two days, can you do that?" she says to the three year old, who gazes back with his big hazel brown eyes. The older he gets, the more Atlas looked the image of his father, Sarah thinks to herself, but with his mothers eyes, ofcourse, that were warm, kind, compassionate and beautiful.

He holds out his little hand, grasping something tightly in it. "Aunt Sawah, look what I foun'!" He babbles, thrusting the object to her face, and Sarah chuckles. He'd held it so close she'd had to look at it crossed eyed. "What did you find, hmm? What's this?" Sarah blinks at it as she takes it into her own hands and puts him down... she gazes at it closely... a peculiar green stone that had many markings and scratches and may have belonged to some part of an old piece of jewelry... at least that is what she'd assumed. Her mouth parts- it was exquisite... she'd never seen anything like it before... It was actually quite unique and stunning.

Wrapped up in her thoughts, she'd almost forgotten Atlas had been standing by her side- when he cries out- "Momma- Dadda!" It breaks through her thoughts and brings her back down to earth. He skitters off again, his energetic little self finding his mum and dad before Sarah could even lift her gaze up. Her eyes come up to find Kie's wide grin directed her way, leisurely wandering over to the pair. Kie, adorned in a light pale yellow sundress, her sunnies resting on her head, stops at the edge of the lawn watching as Atlas scuttle his way up towards her. Her dress rippled around her legs, and her hair floated, she'd held it down as the wind picked up.

Rafe catches up to her in seconds, with Otis by his side, after having locked the car. He comes up behind Kie, wraps his arm around her waist and pulls her into him, kissing her temple quickly, before letting her go and lowering onto his knee to catch Atlas's incoming tackle. Atlas races toward him, and Rafe brings him up as he springs into his arms. "Hey, little buddy! How was the day at the beach with Aunt Sarah, huh?"

"Da- I foun' a wock!" he exclaims, sputtering his words loudly. Rafe's lips twist into a wider smile. He bounces the little boy a little higher up in his arms, glimpsing down at Otis when Otis leaps up against his leg in excitement, making Atlas giggle.

"Cool, hmm." He hums. Rafe brings him up into the air suddenly, and Atlas chuckles. "A rock, hey? Where's your rock, bud? You didn't lose it, did you?"

"Aunt Sawah took it fwom me." he frowns, crossing his little arms.

Sarah gives Atlas a look of bewilderment, as Rafe's lips roll into a humored smirk, eyes moving to his sister. "Come on, Sarah- give it back," he teases. "- you're not taking rocks from three year olds now- are you?-" he snorts. "I didn't think you were this damn lame-"

"Shut up." She smacks her brother's arm playfully, and he laughs, pulling it back a little. "Don't listen to your dad-" her eyes coming back to the little boy in Rafe's arms. "I would never do that to you... I was only keeping it safe." her smile spreads over her face warmly as she pulls it out from her pocket. Atlas's eyes widen gleefully, watching the rock sparkle as it's being placed into his tiny little hands. "This one is special- I have to say." She winks at him and he smiles back brightly. She spins her gaze around to meet the sound of another car approaching, hearing JohnB park his large truck out the front of the two storey property that had been hers and JohnBs'. Otis bolts after the car, barking, then playfully bows, pants and bounces around as Pope, Cleo and Wheezie climb out first.

Rafe steps aside next to Kie, wrapping his free arm around her, as they watch JB jog over, ahead of the others.

He holds out his arms, beaming a bright smile at Atlas- "Heyyyy- budddy- my little man-" he says cheerfully, then giving him a silly look.

"Unc B!" Atlas yells, wriggling from Rafe's grasp, Rafe puts him down and Atlas tackles into JohnB's leg, almost knocking him over. JohnB picks him up, and Atlas springs in his arms, excitedly, hoping his uncle would show him more of his hilarious magical tricks, or tell him more tales of treasure hunts and mysterious adventures... but first, he immediately needs to tell him his own story- he shows off his rock- thrusting it in his face- "Loook!" he exclaims. JB laughs.

"What's this?" JohnB questions, as Pope, Cleo, and Wheezie suddenly appear at his side. Pope throws a stick for Otis to chase, giving him some attention, which Otis returns back quickly, and Pope proceeds to keep the lively dog entertained.

"Its my wock- I foun' it by myself." Altas replies proudly.

JB's smile breaks into a grin. "Really?" He gives him a quizzical look. "May I take a look at it?" Atlas hesitates at first but eventually passes it into JB's palm, hoping he doesn't try to make it disappear like he'd tried with a coin earlier. JB examines it closely, turning it in his hand. The emerald color was slightly faded. The water was not providing the natural gloss it had been doing when it had been sitting idly by the shore... but he knew with a little care, all the richness of color it held would come back to life again. The sunlight glinted generously against the stone, catching a light that revealed some small engravings... so small he'd need something stronger to determine what it could possibly mean... but what caught his eye most was the distinct red cross etched to the side. His gaze lifts up. "This ain't just any rock, bud..." his gaze flicks over to the others with a curious look, then returns back to Atlas playfully again. His smile spreads. "-it's definitely a special rock you found, little man. Could aunt May and uncle J look at it?..." Atlas frowns at him, unsure. He didn't want them to keep it! "You know why Atlas?" Atlas shakes his head continuously until it makes him dizzy. JohnB chuckles before he continues. "Becausssee... it looks almost like..." he waggles his brows at him "-it could be a rock of great importance... a rock of myths and legends, just like in my stories, hmm?... maybe even- possibly..." he quietly says in a tone that builds suspense... "-someone fierce had once buried it, you know?... someone with an eye patch, a scar across his face- maybe even a long scraggy black beard and a hook as a hand... maybe it could be that kind of rock... one of piraaaateee treasurrree!-" he tickles him. Atlas laughs and squirms in his arms, he quickly snatches the rock back before JB puts him down, and Atlas squeals in laughter as he does so. JB pretends to turn into a pirate, unwrapping his bandana from his neck and turns it into an eye patch that ties around his head. He holds up his arm, curling his fingers like a hook, and pulling a playful fierceful look. Atlas bursts into more hysterical fits of laughter when JB starts chasing him around- "Yarrr- looks like ye got me treasure, ya little scallywag-" he sneers playfully, carefully chasing the toddler around- "that be me treasurrre, young lad! Yar- come back 'ere- that be mine- watcha ya do wit me buried treasurrree, aye!"

"Liar lair- you pants on fire!-" Atlas squeaks, bumping into his mum, then continues on bounding off estatically onto the grainy pale sandy dunes. Wheezie cheerfully joins the two as they continue their game on the sandy beach. Atlas leaps into her arms, and she pulls out a pretend sword and pretends to fight JB mercilessly. Atlas shrieks with laughter when JB exaggeratedly falls back in shock as he's been struck with the imaginary sword. He contorts his body in a way that looks like he's dying.

Kie tries to wander off to the three, almost tripping over Otis, when Rafe catches her. He holds her back into him, pulling her waist to him tighter, his arms coming around her amorously. He dips his head to catch her lips. "You need to take it easy, Kie." he says lightly against her lips. "What the doctor said, right?" He rubs her stomach gently, and Kie melts into his touch, tenderly smiling back at him. She loves how caring Rafe is toward her, he cares too much sometimes... she loves how he'd been trying to connect with the pogues... for her... and how he also seemed to notice when Kie needed a little rest. Cleo, Pope and Sarah's eyes drop to the way Rafe moves his hands over her belly, then eyes the two suspiciously. Cleo's brows pinch together, curiously.

"Somethin' ya both ain't telling us?"

Rafe freezes, then pulls his hand slightly away, hovering it just above her lower stomach, and Kie pouts guiltingly- "Well, nah- just ahh- you know-" he rubs the back of his neck, awkwardly, exchanging looks with Kie. She'd asked him to keep it their secret for now "-what I meant-" Rafe tries to rescue what he'd just started, smiling awkwardly, but Kie explains over him, her cheeks stained red-

"Well- yeah- actually- umm..." she turns to Sarah, biting her lower lip, hoping she wouldn't be too mad she'd once again managed to keep something else from her best friend... she had promised Sarah she'd never keep a single secret from her again... Kie gives in to Sarah's steady, kind of probing, quizzical gaze. Kie gives her a guilty look. "I-it's ahhh... it's your wedding in two days... we," she swallows thickly as she pauses "-we wanted nothing else to interfere with that- and we didn't want anything to interrupt this special momentous day, Sarah... in two days you and JohnB will be united as one, your souls will be binded into one... that's a very significant moment, and we wanted the next few days to be solely about that- you and JB... sooo, while I wanted to say something earlier, I thought after the wedding would be more appropriate?- I don't know- a better time?... so yeah, we are- we're ahhh... yeah, we are expecting-"

"Expecting what exactly?" Pope questions, not having listened to all her words, kind of tuning out- now distracted with keeping Otis distracted with a new game at his side.

Kie pouts at him, giving him a funny look. "How?- I- What-" she sputters. "You're smart Pope- you'll figure it out-" she's stopped when Sarah rushes into her with a hug.

"Oh my god," Sarah says, her eyes wide- still in surprise. "Like, what?- when?- no way!- when were you going to tell us?" her tone suddenly turns accusing. She darts her gaze between the two. "Why are you guys always doing this- keeping things from me?!" she rasps- she also wants to ask why the doctor would say that?- did he have a specific reason, or?... but she knew with all the stress Kie had undergone with her last pregnancy- all the emotional turmoil and strain of having been kidnapped by Jude while she had been carrying, it had also put on alot of physical strain too... she could only understand why they would be more cautious this time... Sarah didn't know if she should ask-

"Whoa- whoa-" Rafe latches his hands to his sides, pursing his lips back, then scratches his head- "Keeping from you?-" he scoffs "At least this time I wasn't the last one to know, alright?"

"Fair point." Sarah chuckles, eyes darting between Kie and Rafe. She was just happy for them. "But oh my god, am I going to be an aunt again?"

Kie looks at her with a relieved smile. "Yeah," she chuckles "-and Atlas..." her eyes come back to meet Rafe who is smiling down at her "-he's going to be a big brother." Rafe wraps his arms around her waist again, eyes swaying gently over her, taking her in.

They'd all been distracted, not having heard the taxi that had pulled up at the front.

"Ayo," someone calls, and Pope is the first to twist his head round to find the familiar voice and face.

"Ayo!" Pope snickers, when he finds JJ hopping out of a taxi, Maya following closely behind, lugging a bag with her over her shoulder. JJ offers her a hand as she's climbing out. "Look who finally decided to show up!..." Pope hollers as he starts over in a leisurely jog. "Yo J! May!" He greets JJ with a slap of hands, ending in a handshake, then tugging JJ into a tight hug at his side. He pats JJ's back, before moving over to Maya. "How was your trip to Europe, guys? Did you find anything?" he questions, as JJ helps the driver take some more luggage from the boot.

"Dude- all the stories we have to tell you," JJ replies. "May take a couple of days, a'ight?- but first, when are you and Cleo joining us, huh, Pope? Come treasure huntin' with us, bro? There's nothin' stopping ya." he entices, tilting his head to the side and clicks his tongue as he winks. "Infact, all you guys should be coming too." he juts his chin out toward the others and yells, a content smile playing over his face as he continues pulling out more luggage.

Pope shows off his engagement ring proudly, and sighs deeply with pride. "This, my man... this is my first focus, right here." he hums, contently. "Besides, what if we want to settle down, dude... not die on one of your crazy expeditions. I mean- is Pierra still after you?" he questions seriously. He nudges JJ's shoulder, playfully, when JJ doesn't answer back to that, chewing on his lower lip instead. "Besides, dude... being a forensic scientist keeps me busy, it's all I've ever wanted to be, Jay... pluuuss," he smirks. "I'm making a lot of dough."

"Nah, bro," JJ sighs. "-you don't get it- you don't know what you're missing out on... we're seeing the world here, Pope... can't miss out on that. I know you'll come to your senses one day, bud..." he puts the last suitcase down, and turns back to Pope "-you'll come to me and say 'I wish I traveled with J-" he says mocking the sentiment, touching a hand to his chest, lightly. "It would've been an insane, extreme lifestyle, but at least Jay taught me how to live an actual life'- ya know?" JJ tease, biting down his smile. Pope snorts and shakes his head.

"Yeah, right." he grins widely.

"What are ya trying to sell my man, here, hmm, JJ?" Cleo questions, joining them at Pope's side, and JJ chuckles when she gives him the side eye. She gives the two a quick hug in greeting.

"Nah, nothing Cleo... but come on- don't tell me you don't miss the open water, the adventures... the thrills, the exploration?"

Cleo wraps her arms around Pope's arm, a smile dancing on her face, eyes doting over Pope. "Maybe I found my treasure 'ere... I don't know JJ, but that feel pretty damn fulfillin'. Maybe one day we'll travel wit ya guys, but maybe not for now."

Maya feels someone tug at her long white dress shirt and she pops her brimmed hat up to look down and find Atlas's little face peering at her with a smile, cheeks painted pink. A smile pulls on her face, and she could see as the others approach from the corner of her eyes. She lowers to her knees opening her arms for a hug, and Atlas walks into her embrace- "Oh my, have you grown. Do you remember me?"

He nods his head furiously. "Aunt May!" He exclaims proudly, giving her an even bigger brighter smile. She chuckles.

"Yes!" she squeezes him into her arms. "I have something for you, Atlas..." she says as she pulls away a little. She picks into her pocket and pulls out an intricately woven bracelet with a yellow, blue and white marble charm. He looks at it and marvels at the interesting object. He, by accident, drops his own rock, and it lands at her foot. He snatches the bracelet from her hand, admiring the patterns and colors on the threaded work before attempting to tug the marble right out from the material altogether. The stone catches Maya's eyes, and it gives Maya a few seconds to study the stone, the engravings and markings... especially the cross that was so uniquely etched to the side. Atlas finally realizes what he'd dropped, and hurries over to pick it up again, bolting back to his mum, pleading for her to pick him up. Kie warmly envelopes him in her arms, and cuddles him into her, bringing him up. Atlas sits in her arms, nuzzling his nose into her shoulder, tiredly, and starting to fall asleep. Rafe steps over and peers at him, mumbling something to Kie, quietly, before nodding and bringing his arm around her, rubbing her back.

JohnB's gaze meets Maya's, his face heating up. "You saw that right?"

She nods her head, lifting up onto her feet slowly. JJ's brows furrow, eyes sweeping between the two, curiously. "Seen what?" he questions.

JB looks at JJ, biting his lower lip. "I swear that rock looks exactly like one of the pieces you both found."

"Could someone catch me up, please?" Pope asks.

Kie watches everyone with a strange expression too.

"Why would it wash up here? Why did it end up all the way out in the outskirts of the Outerbanks anyhow?" Sarah adds, intrigued. Maya shrugs her shoulders lightly, then directs her focus back to Pope.

"Ever heard of the Knights Templar?" Pope's expression morphs to become more tense with concentration.

"I heard somethings." he shrugs. "Like, claims they may have made it here... or, to be more specific, some part of America... there are rumors they may have made settlement in Westford Massachusetts at some point... that is what a couple of forensic geologists have suggested." he replies.

Cleo turns to him. "But there be no evidence of that, Pope."

Maya exhales, before stepping closer to everyone.

"You may be right, Cleo. But what's also important is that, there is nothing to say they didn't either... I mean, we've come upon some pretty special relics and artifacts during our time of exploration, we've grown to ascertain what could potentially be extremely valuable and special... one thing I can tell you- that stone is indeed something that should be examined and studied..."

Rafe snorts- "I don't think Atlas would be willing to give it up so easily." he says slowly as though he'd felt annoyed by Maya's suggestion.

Maya's eyes come to him, and she shifts her weight as she thinks. "He may not need to. But that stone could be very valuable, and may raise interest from some others... it should be kept somewhere safe..." she pauses, as she takes a while to say the next part. "The markings and unique engravings on that stone are distinct... they could be what actually holds a piece of an important part of a message that many archeologists and geologists have been looking for and trying to decipher for decades."

Kie shakes her head, in disbelief- trying to understand. "T-the rock?-" she stutters, baffled.

Maya watches her silently before she continues. "That stone may be one of the last missing pieces that could complete a message encrypted onto an old ancient artifact... an iron box... the last emerald stone that could complete the set to the message. The set of seven stones were melded onto an iron box that have now been suggested to be dated back to the time of the Knight Templars... and what's even more interesting is that the iron box was unearthed on American soil... on Rhode Island. People say that when they are put together it will disclose the location of a particular trover of treasure... a hidden treasure that no one else has yet come across... the 'Money Pit'... or otherwise known as, the Knights Templar treasure and gold."

A silence overcomes them.

"What does this mean?" Pope questions, clearing his throat.

Maya shrugs her shoulders with a light smile curving over her face. "Depends on what you want to make of it... depends on if y'all are up for another adventure?"

JJ tsks, with a smile curling at his lips, watching the waves lol in gently. "May, we just got here, babe... first-" his smile grows, landing back to Maya- "before we all think on all the possibilities of gold out there-" he moves his gaze over to the others. "I don't know 'bout y'all, but I feel like I gotta catch me some freakin' waves, man." His smile breaks into a grin.

Immediately, JJ is met with cheers and hollering, Pope slinging his arm over his shoulder as they all walk over to where their boards are kept.

Kie and Maya slow down. Kie watches her, her brows crinkle with worry. "You really think someone will come after it?"

Maya's eyes follows hers, trying to read her, trying to determine what she was feeling... then she huffs out an understanding sigh.

"Not when no one else knows what Atlas has found... but, can I say... your son... he's already done what most treasure hunters wish they could do... Atlas has already found his very first piece of treasure."

Kie looks down at Atlas. She warmly smiles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE END.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 20.2K 49
She was the first person he trusted with his secret. His safe place. He was the first guy she let all the way in. He could ground her when nobody els...
1.3K 28 14
"What happens when you fall for a murderer? Well, I was about to find out" • Hi, this is a fanfiction based in outer banks with the same characters...
21K 569 53
'What do you want Rafe?', JJ says defeatedly. 'Listen I don't have much but I'll get you anything. Anything you want if you just let her go' Rafe ju...
8K 170 41
"I think I'm falling in love with you." ** "Maybe, just maybe, it'll work." ꧁𝗦𝗔𝗠𝗘 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗧𝙀𝙍𝙎...