A Hero's Blessing On This Won...

Von PhoenixTMC

Kieran Williams, technically once a streamer, ended up dying due to him lacking sleep. Being Isekai'd into a... Mehr

Introduction
Chapter 1 - The Reincarnation
Chapter 2 - Welcome to Axel
Chapter 3 - Attempting a Kill Quest
Chapter 4 - Settling in at the Terāzu Inn
Chapter 5 - Forming a Party & 2 Weeks Training
Chapter 6 - The Witch of Calamity
Chapter 7 - An Expedition
Chapter 8 - A Dullahan Appears!
Chapter 9 - Some Catching Up & A Strange Communication
Chapter 10 - Following Along For A Purification Quest
Chapter 11 - The Dullahan Returns!
Chapter 12 - Phantom VS General Verdia
Chapter 13 - The Return of a Phoenix Along With Some New Friends
Chapter 14 - The Figure Cloaked In Darkness
Chapter 15 - An Un-Cleansable Curse!? & Omega Alpha

Chapter 16 - Confronting One's Demons

64 5 0
Von PhoenixTMC

It was now midnight as the Adventurers were awaiting at the Inn's entrance. Their plan was to hold off this figure until Kieran wakes up, though they were still uncertain on how long it would take for him to wake up. Kazuma understandably feels like he is the odd one out.

While others probably have some good stats, all he is really good at is being sneaky and using his Steal Skill. Though according to their plan, Aqua and Ina were to stay back and focus on being the supports. Megumin and Millie would be last resort as their capabilities  could technically destroy a fair amount of Axel, which they wouldn't want. The others would technically be the frontline, preparing to hold the monster off. As for Kazuma, he has to wait for the right time to use his Steal Skill to steal the figure's weapon to prohibit its combat prowess, hoping to weaken it to make it easier to fend off.

Ina: "You alright?"

Ina had to ask Kazuma as he seemed really nervous, though he had to give his honest response.

Kazuma: "Definitely not... I feel like a douche for not being able to help Kieran and I feel like I'm not that useful at all..."

Ina: "Well technically, that's not true. Even if you're weaker than us, you still have your role to play. If what you mentioned about your Skill is correct, you could simply steal the thing you want to steal, weakening your opponent. I mean, you did that to General Verdia am I right?"

Kazuma: "Yeah but... they need to be weakened or some crap like that..."

Kiara: "Come on now, we'll find that opening for you. So for now-"

Calli: "Quiet. It's coming."

Calli narrowed her eyes as she simply was at the ready, preparing her scythe for combat, which in turn made Kiara ready her sword and shield. Gura caught up as she was simply preparing her trident, with Ina moving back with Aqua as Darkness went up with the front three. Megumin and Millie were waiting at the far back, awaiting for their cue. 

This night was eerily quiet as most of the town's people were fast asleep at this point, though for some reason, a fog felt like rolling in. It was subtle, not obscuring their vision completely as they then heard footsteps echo through their ears. They were confused, trying to remain alert at all times. Though soon enough, they spotted the figure in the distance as Amelia recognized it immediately as the figure that attacked Kieran before.

Amelia: "That's the one alright..."

Calli narrowed her eyes, looking at it with intent.

Calli: "It clearly doesn't feel natural at all. Out of all the strange creatures and curses we've fought, this is new."

Kiara: "But we can't simply let it pass right?"

Darkness: "Agreed. If we force it into our trap, we might have a chance!"

Amelia: "Ina, get ready..."

Ina simply nodded as she took out her book as she began to chant the Spell she was going to use.

Ina: "O' Great Ancients, I beseech thee to hear thy call. Bind us and our enemy from the boundaries of our reality, preventing those from stepping into our very domain. I call upon your power to provide protection and entrap our foe."

When the figure stepped close enough, she then casted it completely as she activated it.

Ina: "Ancient Domain!"

A large circle then enveloped the ground they stood on as it also surrounded the Inn they were trying to protect. One of Ina's Spells, known as Ancient Domain allows her to prevent any outside interference by creating a dome to surround those it encases inside. No one would be able to notice what's going on from the outside, no one being able to see, or hear the commotion that is about to take place.

As the dome, being in a golden yellow glow was complete, it provided the light they needed to see their surroundings. The figure stood there for a moment, seemingly not doing anything as it then summoned its large scythe, gripping it tightly as it began to walk towards them, grinding its blade across the ground. The figure seemed to have known what was going on, so it was taking advantage of such a situation.

Amelia: "It's coming!"

Suddenly, the figure disappeared from their view as they were all looking around, being very confused as they were trying to figure out what was happening. Though immediately, Kazuma was the first to notice as he looked up.

Kazuma: "Above you!"

The the ones in the frontline noticed as they looked up, seeing the figure floating above them at the top of the dome, standing mid-air as if there was a platform there. Though it then began its descent at an incredible speed that they had no choice but to dodge out of the way. Once the figure landed gracefully on the ground without making any form of damage, it then begun to swing its scythe around in a spinning motion. Forcing Kiara, Calli, Gura and Darkness to block the attack as they were all knocked back effortlessly.

Once they managed to recover, they were honestly surprised by how strong the figure actually was, making them realize that this wasn't going to be easy. Though Darkness was the first to charge in, being rather eager to get a swing in, though as she swung at the figure, her eyes widened in surprise as her blade simply went through like as if she hit nothing at all. 

Darkness: "What the...?"

The figure then grabbed her by the face and slammed her into the ground head first as a small crater was formed. 

Kazuma: "Darkness!"

The figure then let go of her as she was clearly breathing, but out cold. The others were shocked by this as they didn't know how to react immediately in this moment. Though Kiara was the first to react, charging in as she went for a slash. The figure side stepped out of the way as it attempted to swing its scythe at her, forcing her to use her shield to block.

The hit knocked her back as she landed on her back and quickly rolled onto her feet, recovering immediately. She looked down at her shield as she noticed that her shield had been cut like as if it was paper. This made her eyes widen in concern as she looked at the figure as her shield was repaired by using her Phoenix Magic.

Kiara: "Holy crap... If that were to hit me, that would've cut me clean in half..."

Gura then slammed her trident into the ground as a sudden swirl of water began to surround the figure. Gura smirked as the swirl of water transformed into the head of a shark as it immediately encased the figure in a bubble, making her proud.

Gura: "Now's the time!"

Kiara nodded as she looked at Calli, as she nodded to Kiara. They both charged in as they attempted to slash in unison from each side, cutting the large bubble clean in half. Though from the bubble being cut in half, Kiara's used some Fire Magic on her blade that exploded the bubble into steam. When the two managed to land on the ground on opposite ends, they looked at the scene.

Though to their surprise, they don't see the figure there as they were looking around.

Kiara: "Where did it go?!"

Calli was looking about, only for her eyes to widen in the moment as she noticed the figure being behind Gura.

Calli: "Gura!"

Calli threw her scythe towards Gura as she dodged out of the way, only for Calli to appear where the scythe was, grabbing it tightly as she prepared to block the incoming attack. The attack simply hit against her scythe as she and Gura were knocked back towards where Ina and the others were. Calli quickly recovered, but the impact on Gura clearly made her sprain an ankle as she couldn't get back up.

Aqua had to immediately head to Gura's aid as she quickly used some of her healing Magic to help her. Calli simply gritted her teeth as she seemed a bit agitated.

Calli: "This damned curse really is starting to piss me off..."

We then cut to Kieran Williams as he was still trying to come up with his own solution or answers. He just didn't know himself as well as he thought. Dealing with his own inner demons wasn't exactly something he was fond off or something he was aware of. He looked at Omega Alpha again as he had to ask.

Kieran: "So you can't give me all the answers, or are you preferring not to?"

Omega was being rather curious on what Kieran was getting at, but she simply responded in a neutral manner.

Omega: "One can't simply learn all the answers that are given by the usage of words. There are certain points where action can speak louder than words, Kieran Williams. I don't know much about the world that the Goddess Eris controls or resides, but every reality and understanding is different and vast."

He then put in some thought into what she had said. He gets the idea behind the fact that there are points where actions can prove something, in comparison to just words. Though the logic between Earth and the world that he resides in now is rather similar, but different. It's similar because of the fact that he could be Human, be himself at times while living his usual everyday life. Yet the difference being the typical fashion anime trope where its a Fantasy instead of the real world type of scenario.

He was trying to figure out what is holding himself back, but he still doesn't know the answer.

Kieran: "You speak of wisdom and knowledge, yet you can understand my very thoughts and emotions... I can tell by how you've interacted with me so far... Though there's one problem, everyone just seems to know me better than I know myself... Why is that?"

Omega: "In truth, not many know of your true self. I've been watching your progress, so I'll explain. You had been trying to adapt to your new life, adopting some of your old traits and making new ones. Though you've been neglecting yourself."

Kieran: "Neglecting... myself...?"

Omega: "Your inner turmoil is built up like a cup being filled to the brim. Something has been clouding you for the longest time. It all started in your previous life, when you were in high school. The passing of your father."

Kieran's eyes widened as he couldn't believe it. He understandably felt so stupid for not realizing that might be what is holding him back, but he kept quiet as he listened to Omega.

Omega: "You have always had your father at your side. Your father was mainly your moral support, the one who truly cared for you back in your previous life. Yet on his deathbed, you made a promise to him. Do you remember what that was?"

Kieran looked down at the water-like floor as he could see his reflection. His own expression was that of sorrow, one of guilt, yet also one of regret as he had a tinge of anger towards himself.

Kieran: "I promised him... that I would become a strong and independent person who could care for others... Not result to manipulation or criminal-like activities... I vowed to him that I wouldn't result to causing pain to others... Yet I broke that... My father passing away... caused me so much pain... I felt like, I couldn't be myself... The only member of my family that truly cared for me, gone... I really am a bad person..."

Omega then stood up again from where she sat, walking towards him as she lifted his chin to stare at him in the eyes.

Omega: "Pasts of mortality can cause one to grieve, let it become a part of who they are. However, even those with bad doings, can result to good intentions."

Kieran's eyes widened as she let go and walked back to her sitting spot, sitting back down as she seemed relatively calm. 

Omega: "You had saved Axel form General Verdia, trying to atone for your crimes and sins of your past. You have made friends along the way, ones you could consider comrades. Though you hold yourself back, because you don't want to manipulate them, nor do you want to cause them harm. While you see yourself as a bad person, the others see you as a beacon. You have brought more good than harm to the people of Axel, to the people who reside to the Terāzu Inn. While you may all have your differences, you have brought a bright positive atmosphere to others, even when you don't realize it. Acceptance is hard, but once you can confront your darker half, the one who holds you down, the figure cloaked in shadows, you may become clear of mind."

Kieran didn't really know what to say, but the fact that she was right isn't something he could just push aside. He had been staying at that Terāzu Inn originally because he had nowhere else to live in comparison to the stables that Kazuma and Aqua were staying at in the beginning. Though as time passed, he got to learn more about the others around him, slowly over time adapting to, and enjoying the environment, even if he didn't properly show it. 

The friends he made as Phantom, not just as Phantom, but as himself, as Kieran. He was always judging himself on whether he was making the right decisions, always holding back his past from everyone. He didn't want people to be close to him as he was afraid of losing them, in the similar way that he lost his father. Yet there was one thing he never took into account, accepting himself. He had always struggled to accept himself after breaking his father's promise. Sometimes the bad decisions and the unlucky circumstances were mostly his father from the Heavens punishing him for what he has done growing up. 

He then had a different expression on his face, one of not sorrow, but one of determination. 

Kieran: "Omega Alpha. I may struggle to accept myself as who I am, or who I want to be, but because of my own actions, many could be in danger. You said that the Prism chose me to be its host, and I'm willing to become who I promised to my father that I want to be. If it means sacrificing my own humanity, forging my darkness and light as my moral grey, then I'll take the risk of saving those I can trust!"

Omega's eyes then widened slightly as this was the first time she has ever witnessed a Mortal willing to risk his own life. Most Mortals she has seen prefer to save their own skin, but it was rare to meet a selfless person, when Kieran originally was more selfish than selfless. She then decided then that she might be able to make an exception as she stood up again.

Omega: "Kieran Williams, you seem to have peaked my interest. I'm willing to offer you a gift."

Kieran: "A gift?"

Kieran was a little confused by this as she simply then created a strange triangular portal that illuminated with multiple colours as she began to pull something out of it. He was then surprised by her pulling out what seemed to be a blade that was sheathed, though she unsheathed it to show it off a bit to him.

Omega: "This blade I had forged with my very own hands. Much like the Prism, it has been looking for a suitable host, and with the Prism being a part of you, it seems to beckon for you."

She then hands the blade over to Kieran as he grabs it with his two hands outstretched, pulling it towards himself. The blade initially looked heavy at first, but when he held it, it felt light. He didn't understand why it felt natural to hold it in his very hands.

Kieran: "Does this blade have a name?"

Omega: "While I prefer to give a simplistic name, I had given it a particular name. The Blade of the Beginning, Alpha."

When she said this, the blade suddenly began to glow as it started to swirl into his body as he was confused on what was going on. Though when the process was completed, he noticed that he had unlocked a new set of Skills, though he noticed that he could use two different types of Styles with the Blade of the Beginning. 

The first was known as Alpha Stratos Style, and the second being known as Omega Absolution Style. These styles were unlocked due to a new Feat he had acquired as he quickly checked it, noticing that the Feat was called Chosen of Alpha Omega. Which as he looked through his stats, he realized in this moment that his stats had suddenly skyrocketed for his Phantom form as he was surprised by it all. He didn't get enough time to check everything as Omega spoke up.

Omega: "While I would advise you to go over everything, I think you should get going."

Kieran: "Huh...?"

Omega: "In truth, that curse isn't going to wait for you to come out. Your comrades are protecting you right now. If you go now, you might be able to save them."

Even though she seemed to be rather neutral, uncaring and monotone, Kieran could tell from this point that she must have some sort of agenda for allowing him to simply get away with such a cheating powerup. Though he didn't argue back as his body was being enveloped in a bright white light.

Omega: "Send my greetings to Aqua for me if possible. I'm sure we might meet again down the line."

With those final words, the bright light completely engulfed Kieran. We then cut back to the battle with the Adventurers that were fighting against the figure. The battle had gone on for about a couple of minutes at this point as things had not been looking great for the group.

Darkness was out for the count as she was out cold, though had recently recovered and is sitting back due to her sword being broken. Megumin and Millie hadn't stepped in because they were warned not to do anything unless given the word as they could accidentally destroy the dome as they would prefer leaving it as a last resort. Gura and Kiara were badly wounded as they were recently taken down for the count, forcing Aqua to try and heal the two up as much as she could. Ina couldn't help out too much as she had to focus on keeping the dome up for as long as she could. 

Calli was the only one who was able to keep up with the figure since it was a duel between two scythe users. She was fairing well enough to at least hold her own, while the figure may be slower, its reflexes weren't no laughing matter. Calli did everything she could to at least keep the monster at bay, but due to her getting tired, she couldn't really do much else. Amelia was mainly using her pocket watch to rewind some stamina back to Calli all the time to at least get some form of advantage, but even she was reaching her limits due to her Mana being drained. 

Kazuma was never able to get an opening as every time he tried to, the figure somehow would always notice what Kazuma was trying to do, rendering his Steal Skill to be utterly useless for the time being. Plus with him not being a pure fighter, he couldn't really counteract anything so he had no choice but to stay back as well.

Calli was currently panting as she gripped her scythe tightly, trying to figure out a way to actually limit its movement, or perhaps even slow it down. However all the tactics she tried and had under her belt was useless. 

Calli: "Damn it..."

As she was about to react, the figure immediately rammed its scythe straight into her stomach as she vomited out blood, sending her into the group as she landed on her back, forcing Aqua to immediately try and heal her. 

Aqua: "Amelia! Isn't there something we can do?"

Amelia was trying to come up with a solution, but at this point, she was out of options. The figure was walking towards them, though it suddenly stopped in place as everyone was confused. Someone walked out of the Terāzu Inn as everyone recognized him immediately as he walked a couple of steps in front of everyone. It was Kieran Williams.

Kiara: "Kieran...?"

Kieran: "I'm sorry everyone..."

Everyone was confused at what he was saying, but he continued without needing to look at them as he was staring at the figure.

Kieran: "I caused all of this to happen... I promise that I'll make it all up to you all. And..."

He then was surrounded by a bright glow as when the light dissipated, he transformed into Phantom, surprising most of the group besides Aqua and Kazuma.

Phantom: "I promise that I'll explain everything once this is all over."

She said in a serious tone as she glared at the figure. Everyone was silent, awaiting in anticipation on what Phantom, now revealed to be Kieran Williams is going to do. The atmosphere was mostly tense and the situation seemed dire, Phantom was determined to fix the mistakes she had created here and now...

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

30.3K 584 9
➪ 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐞/ 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐮 ღ ➪ 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐱 𝐟!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 ღ ➪ 𝐒𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧 - 𝐢𝐬𝐡 ღ ➪ 𝐒𝐦𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 ღ
620K 37.8K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
9.3K 249 15
A little child (you) ran away from your abusive home. after living on the streets for over a month, the turtles find you and take you in after a miss...
65K 1.6K 9
What will happen if Luffy suddenly turned into a Totally Adorable and Cute girl ? Fem!Luffy x Harem Find out in this STORY