Replica: Crazy Versus Smart (...

By Madinah_Writes

Susanne Fashorun, a woman who marries into the wealthy Balogun family, is rejected by her arrogant CEO husban... More

Copyright
Welcome
Chapter 1: It Started With Pain
Chapter 2: Living As Mrs Balogun
Chapter 3: Fortune
Chapter 4: Grace
Chapter 5: Ore's Proposal
Chapter 6: The Unexpected
Chapter 7: The Reunion
Chapter 8: Compromise
Chapter 9: The Fued
Chapter 11: Moving On
Chapter 12: The Union
Chapter 13: Letting Go of the Past is Unbearable
Chapter 14: The Past
Chapter 15: Acceptance
Chapter 16: Without Grace
Chapter 17: I Hate you, Ore!
Chapter 18: Susanne's Plea
Chapter 19: Meeting Micheal
Chapter 20: Bitter Confessions
Chapter 21: He Doesn't Want Kids
Chapter 22: Grace Finds A New Teaching Job
Chapter 23: The Surprise
Chapter 24: The Rejected Divorce
Chapter 25: The Slip of Information
Chapter 26: Michael Needs To See This
Chapter 27: Out Of The Bag
Chapter 28: I'm Pregnant
Chapter 29: Surging Feelings
Chapter 30: Friends

Chapter 10: The Bigger Plan

25 7 1
By Madinah_Writes

About to call on Grace. Shina snatched Ore’s phone from his grip and threw it in his room. He locked up the door and held onto its keys, so he wouldn't have access to it.

“Dad! Dad! What on earth are you doing? You’re violating my rights and I don’t like this! Is it because I still live under your roof?” Ore threatened.

“If you think I infringe on your freedom, then arrest me! If you have the ability, take me to court for making the best choices for you and watch me throw you out of this house like a nobody! I married your mum when I was just 26! My father threw me out of his house as I struggled on my own. I made every single penny spent on my education and marriage. I had no family to run to! That is what I’m giving you, an opportunity to work and save and make the best out of life! I have never forced anything on you until now. Don’t you think there’s a reason behind all of this?”

“What is the reason, dad?”

“I caught her red-handed, kissing a man right in front of me. She’s cheating on you. Find someone else! Is that too much to ask?”

“Yes, Dad! Dad, I already set our wedding date and I'm sure you mistook Grace for someone else. She doesn’t even have male friends.

“That’s no business of mine, son! I won’t speak on this again!” Shina turned to Hadassah. “Talk to your son!” and folded his newspapers, placing them on a shelf in front of the standing mirror. He put on his sandals and walked out for a stroll.

Grace got home at night. She had tracked ten miles in the last twenty minutes. Where have you been? Ada rushed to her friend when she sighted her. You hung up the phone halfway, though. I called you repeatedly, but you didn’t answer. You made me worried and sick! Hope all is well.

“We broke up,” Grace murmured.

“Broke up?” Blood drained from Ada as she shrieks. “I will ask him right away what he has done to you! Why would he break up with you like, seriously?”

About to leave, Grace grabbed her by the arm and pulled her back. 

“No, don’t confront Ore. I was the one that broke up with him. I don’t want to marry anymore.”

“Nonsense! You’ve wanted to be Ore’s wife since that night he saved your life. You’re obsessed with him, and I know it! Don’t tell me his dad is up to it again.”

After so much argument and explanation, the tired friends settled in their room. Ada prepared dinner and served. About to eat, a message popped up on her phone screen.

“Um, there’s something I want to tell you, Grace.”

Grace didn’t utter a word. She just watched the plate of instant noodles placed in front of her. Noodles were one of her favorite foods, but not today.

“About my service. I got a letter and luckily, I’ll have to serve at Abuja here, but I won’t be able to live here any longer. You know the house rent is due. I’ll be leaving tomorrow.”

Without answering, a solemn tear rolled down Grace’s face. Ada placed a hand on hers and took a spoon. She signaled her to eat too. It was a sad moment for Grace, but she had hope that everything would be alright.

That night, Grace took the golden ring off her middle finger. She held onto it tightly, unable to sleep. She watched her phone repeatedly, awaiting Ore’s call or text. But all she got were random messages from her bank and sim card asking for a new transaction and subscription.  Frustrated about life, she placed the ring back on her middle finger and held onto her Bible. Reading a couple of verses and praying before falling into slumber.

The sun was wan yellow over the peach-fluffy horizon. The morning sky canopied as the cock announced the opening of the day. People rose from their beds, took their baths, and prepared for the day. That morning, Grace got to school early. As a teacher on duty, she knew it would be a busy week for her. After the morning assembly, she arranged the basic 6 pupils into their classes and started with the first lesson of the day.

Mathematics.

She was taking them a lesson on Algebraic expression when a teacher walked in with a white envelope in hand. Her name was Mrs. Oluchi. She was a cleaner and assistant class teacher to the creche class. Mrs. Oluchi beamed a smile at her and walked a little faster. The students turned to her as she walked to meet her on the whiteboard. Grace felt a bit embarrassed. She felt a bit embarrassed, too. They weren’t so close, but Grace guessed it was something important. 

“A young man asked me to give this to you. He said it’ll be brief, so you shouldn’t take permission.”

Grace frowned as she accepted the letter. It was an apology letter from Ore. Although she didn’t want to take her chances with him anymore, Grace opened the envelope and brought out the letter. Expecting a lone note, it read;

Meet me outside at the cafe opposite your school. It will take a minute. 

It ended with a love sign and Grace nodded sarcastically at his tiny but neat handwriting.

“Okay, kids! Answer Exercises 1A and 1B as your class work. I’ll need to visit the restroom. I’ll be back in a while,” she announced to her pupils.

“Okay, ma.” They responded, focusing on their mathematics textbooks. 

Getting outside the school gate, Grace smiled at Ore’s neat handwriting before lifting her eyes towards the busy road. Her eyes met with the restaurant across the road. It was a sultry afternoon. The sun was still on the terrace of the restaurant on the right of the crossroads.

A security guard was sitting on the pavement. She greeted him vividly with a game smile and stepped in. Some eyes turned to her, but most guests were busy eating and chatting.

Grace veered around, checking from corner to corner as if her key was missing from the restaurant. As she walked towards a table, people turned their eyes towards her. She looked away, observing them.

Then, grace eyes met with someone. It was a man in a white packing shirt and jean trousers, who had the features of Ore. He sat facing the window, with his mobile phone at hand, as if chatting. There was an empty seat in front of him. Without thinking twice, Grace sighed with a smile of relief and hurried towards him. Turning his gaze at her, she realized that he wasn’t the one.

“Sorry, sir. I’m so sorry.”She begged with a bow.

He rolled his eyes at her and continued his chat on the phone.

Pissed, Grace checked her phone, but she was yet to receive a message, let alone a call from Ore.

“If Ore truly cares about me, shouldn’t he have called?” Grace soliloquizes in a low voice. Her brows pulled down as she confusedly gazed at the floor. In disappointment, Grace realized her students must be waiting. She squeezed the letter into her palms and balled it away. It was useless to hold on to such desires. Despite being aware that their love story was nearing its conclusion, Grace held onto the freckles of their love. There was no chance, yet memories of him made her hopeful. “Why couldn’t he wait?”

And Ore made a fool of her again.

Grace hissed mentally and walked back to school. Getting to Basic 6, Mrs. Oluchi rushed to her at once. She was also the assistant teacher on duty that day.

“Grace!” she called at her. The situation petrified her and made her forehead sweaty.

“Yes, what is it?”

“Don’t tell me you’re just coming back since then.” the assistant teacher’s eyes twisted in confusion.

“What do you mean? It’s barely five minutes since I left?”

Mrs. Oluchi bit her lower lip, which was thinner than Grace’s, and looked about her. “This will make Mrs. Njoku furious! Let’s check on them.”

“What? I locked the school gate, no one can go out,” Grace defended. Sure of her words and actions. ”The children were there just now!”

“I’m just coming from your class.” Mrs. Oluchi reported. “Victoria isn’t there!”

“What?” Grace breathed, her arms clutched to her chest. She scurried to her class and counted the pupils with her eyes. They were twenty-five, and one was missing.

A student named Victoria wasn’t in the class. She had three elderly ones in that school. Grace hurried to their classes to inspect if she had checked on her senior ones, but no! Victoria wasn’t there.

Grace shook her head as tears built up in her eyes. This was impossible. She couldn’t bring herself to believe that a student would go missing in the blink of an eye. ‘How possible?’

Mrs. Oluchi checked the other classes while Grace stormed into the student toilets. It was all empty.

“Have you seen her?” Mrs. Oluchi asked.

“No,” she shook her head again. I didn’t even meet anyone at the restaurant. I didn’t stay because I was more concerned about the kids! She said, almost sobbing.

Watching her, Mrs. Oluchi turned around sharply as her shoulders touched her ears.

“I feel we should inform the principal before someone else tells her.”

The situation left Grace in wonder. Fury seized her as a lick of fear went up her spine. Tears ran down Grace's cheeks. They made her look much younger. But that wasn’t important at this point. The only thing important was Victoria.

Meanwhile, Susanne was with Victoria. She took her out to buy a teddy in a toy shop. Susanne plaited her natural hair and dressed like Grace. There was no difference. She bought Victoria a bottle chilled of fan milk yogurt and took her on the bike to the motor park.

“Wait for me, Vikky,” Susanne called her by the pet name Grace usually calls her, while she sat her down by a standing tree. “Let me call your mum.”

“Hello officer,” Suzanne telephoned. “There’s a lost child at the carwash junction. She’s in Ability School uniform.

While waiting, Susanne blushed and nodded at Victoria’s idiocy. “Children will be children.”

***

Author's Note

Hello guys!

I apologize for not updating yesterday. Work kept occupied. If you find out today you had a twin, what would be your reaction? Susanne knows she has a twin, but she has a bigger plan ahead to reunite with her twin sister. Read on to find out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 49.9K 87
*Could you ever love a broken person?* "I understand that you're broken," he said as he lifted her chin so she stared directly into his eyes. "But I...
111K 14.2K 104
Everyone has that one life changing moment, That moment defines you. It shapes who you are as a person, and pushes you down the path that leads to th...
20.2K 6.9K 86
[π™²πš˜πš–πš™πš•πšŽπšπšŽπš ] π™΄πšπš’πšπš’πš—πš π™Έπšœ π™Ύπš— π™Άπš˜πš’πš—πš "I am so tired of pretending, where is my happy ending " That had always been the battle cr...