Echoes of trust

By CosmicObsess

About five years ago, Midoriya was framed as a traitor of UA. Everyone believed it except for a select few. H... More

underneath the stars
Heroes Return
confirmation

Echoes of trust

120 3 0
By CosmicObsess

About five years ago, Midoriya was framed as a traitor of UA. Everyone believed it except for a select few. He was thrown in jail for two months and later found innocent, but the damage was done. He decided to leave UA, and Eri went with him because she hated them for what they did to him. No one has heard anything about them since.

Class 1-A fell apart after that. Ochaco, being the only one to believe he was innocent, stopped talking to any of them.

Shoto felt guilty about not believing in his first friend and started to doubt his every decision. He is only 1907 in hero's rankings.

Mina and Kirishima blamed themselves and decided to look into Midoriya’s past. They found out about what Bakugou did and realized he was a bully, and they supported him, which made them feel even more guilty.

Bakugou said it was good he left and made fun of him every chance he got, but in all reality, his grades were slipping. When it came to the rescue training in the second and third year, he was at the bottom of the class. Now he's not even ranked. People know who he is but are scared of him.

Iida stepped down as class rep and changed schools. He hasn't talked to anyone from UA since. He is known in the hero world for not having friends.

Asui felt like she lost her little brother and started acting more reserved. The rest of the class was the same as her.

They won the war, but at a cost. Sato lost his leg during a battle, while many others had minor injuries. Many pros died, but no students did. Everyone realizes it would have been easier with Midoriya there.

Now five years later, Nedzu has finally found him and sent an email to Toshinori, Aizawa, and Ochaco. And is in a meeting with them.

“Are you sure it's the problem child?”

“Yes, quite sure. It seems he's in Shirakawa.”

“You mean that small town that has only one hero?” Toshinori asks.

“Yes, that's the one.”

“How do you know it’s Deku-kun?” Nedzu hands them a list.

“Do these powers sound familiar to anyone? Super strength, black ropes, flight, and super speed all while green electricity comes off his body.”

“That's definitely Midoriya, but why is he using his quirk? He shouldn't have a license.” Aizawa says.

“I looked into that and found out that he has one from the United States of America.”

“David and Melissa.” Toshinori says.

“I believe so. I checked their flight logs from five years ago, and they landed here two days after Midoriya was released and left immediately. So I assume they picked him and Eri up and left.”

“I need to see him again.” Uraraka says.

“I already booked you all a flight, so go to him. And bring him home.” He hands them all tickets and sends them on their way.

Izuku POV

“Eri, it's time to wake up.”

“Ok, Dad.” She is already in workout gear. “I'm ready for our run.” This has become a morning tradition for us since we left UA and made a home here. It started out with me carrying Eri on my back while I ran, but about a year after we moved here, she started to run alongside me. We start our run and pass by the market stalls being set up and wave at them. I'm thankful I have my hero license. I never wanted to be popular, just wanted to save people. Now there's not a lot of action around here, but I help out with many tasks in this town. I help the firefighters and police when they need it, but I mostly help the townspeople with whatever they need, be it gathering crops or setting up festivals.

When I first moved here, the townspeople were kinda skeptical of why a hero would move here, but as soon as they saw Eri, they opened up with open arms. Eri is one of five children in the town. But I hear one of the teens who moved away for hero school is moving back here in a few months, so at least if something happens to me, they'll still have a hero. I met the kid before and trained her a little. She's a good kid. She kinda reminds me of Uraraka. God, that still hurts to remember. At least she believed me. That peace of mind knowing the person I cared most about in class believed in me. Along with All Might, Aizawa, and the big three, they were the only ones who believed I was innocent. Everyone else believed it.

When we get back from our run and each take a shower, I make a quick breakfast of eggs and toast. Since Eri does online school, she is finished for the week. She is actually super smart. She claims she got it from watching me. But I think she always had it in her. She just needed a little encouragement. Her quirk training didn't take long either. Within two weeks, I was able to teach her how to control it. We still practice regularly, but it doesn't take long. And she is still a bit shy, but she is more friendly to the ones she gets to know first. But she's not scared to speak opinions to anyone. If she thinks you're doing something wrong or stupid, she'll tell you. Being eleven, I wish she had more friends her age, but she doesn't mind.

“Hey Eri, you'll be twelve soon. Have you figured out what you want?”

“Not really, I haven't really thought about it.”

“How about a Lemillion poster?”

“That'll be good, but I was thinking more of an Uravity one.”

“That I can do.” I smile. After breakfast, Eri starts washing our plates while I go to my room. I open the top drawer in my dresser and open a hidden bottom. I pull out a picture of me and Uraraka. It's one of us cheek to cheek and both blushing. I didn't keep many pictures from before, but this one I look at often. I sometimes wonder how she is doing. Before I can think for too long, my alarm goes off, and I quickly run back to the living room.

“Eri, hide like we practiced.” I order, and she does so. I quickly look at the location of them, and there at my front door. I fling it open and quickly use black whip to tie them up.

Toshinori POV

It took longer than we expected to find Young Midoriya. Many say we just missed him while he was on his run with his daughter. And many start gushing over how much of a great guy he is. Finally, we met the mayor of the town. He is an old short man that reminds me of Gran. I shiver a little thinking about him. He'll kill me if I don't bring Young Midoriya home. We talk for a while, and he asks us questions about why we're looking for him. We explain we're old friends and teachers just searching for him. We also find out that he doesn't officially have a hero name since everyone here knows him. We finally get told where he lives.

As we walk up to the house, it is a modest two-story house with a long driveway. I see an old truck parked in front of the house that reminds me of my old truck. When we reach the door, it flings open, and we get wrapped in black whip.

“Who are you?” Young Midoriya says before he realizes it's us.

“Deku-kun, it's us.” He releases black whip. She runs and hugs him.

“I'm sorry I can never be too careful. Eri, it's safe, come on out.” He says, and like magic, Eri pops out of a hidden compartment in the floor.

“Problem child, it's good to see you.” Aizawa says.

“You guys too, how about y'all come on in.” He says, and Uraraka finally releases him, and I get a better look at him. He hasn't got much taller, but he looks more mature. The baby fat on his face is gone, and his body is more lean. He also has a five o'clock shadow. His freckles are all but gone. If it wasn't for the curly green hair, I wouldn't recognize him.

We all sit on his couch while he and Eri go and fix us some tea.

“Ok, I'll say it. That Midoriya is different from the one who left.” I say.

“I agree. He still has that warm atmosphere, but when we were stuck in black whip, I could feel that he also was willing to do anything to protect Eri, let alone stop us.” Aizawa says.

Uraraka is too distracted taking in her surroundings. From what we can see, most of the pictures on the walls are of him and Eri or just Eri. A few pictures of Midoriya with other people, but not many.

Eri POV

I don't know how they found us, but they did somehow. I know they are the ones who thought he was innocent, but I don't trust them besides Uraraka. I look at dad, and he is clearly holding in a panic attack. I hate seeing him like this. I remember when I first found out what happened to him. I was scared that my favorite hero was never going to come back. But when he was finally released, I saw him again. He was saying goodbye to me, but I refused to let him leave without me. That's how we ended up here.

I could tell he was still in pain from what happened but not just physically but mentally. I still catch him looking at the picture of him and Uraraka. I know that he loved her and still does. If I had to guess, her believing him is probably what kept him alive.

That's why I trust her because she tried to stop this while Aizawa and All Might told him to cooperate and that it would be over soon. I honestly can't believe them. They knew he was innocent yet they still made him go to that awful place. They didn't have to see him afterwards. He looked awful. The new scars on his body that took convincing for him to let me rewind him. But I finally convinced him when I had better control of my quirk by framing it as a test to see how far I've gotten.

We finally get the tea ready and bring it out to them. We sit on the other couch. “I'll be honest, I don't trust any of you besides Uraraka.”

“Why not?”

“Because unlike her, you two told him to go with them. You know how much mental trauma that has given him. It took me six months to convince him to rewind his scars. I had to frame it as an exercise to see how far along my quirk training was coming.”

“But Eri, we never got that far.”

“You didn't. He got me mastering my quirk in two weeks. So don't think of me as that scared little girl anymore.” Aizawa looks at the ground. All Might goes to say something, but I stop him. “And do you have any idea what it's like having the man who you think of as a father tell you to go with them. To that place.” He also looks down like Aizawa. “Uraraka, follow me. I want to show you something.” We walk to Dad's room, and I quickly go to the fake bottom on his dresser drawer. And pull out the pictures he keeps. Ninety percent of them are of her.

“Why did he keep these?”

“He won't admit but he loved you back then and still does. You are the one person who truly believed him. Hell, even Miriro doubted him a little bit. But you always knew the truth.”

She starts crying. “He loves me even after I let them take him.” I hug her.

“He knows you couldn't stop them.”

“I still love him.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 3.1K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
1.1M 30.1K 37
After the passing of Abigail Bentley's mother, she is now the only one responsible for her family's well-being. Her father, often too drunk to stand...
210K 7.4K 97
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
149K 5.3K 42
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...