Key to the Heart - A Kingdom...

By PhoenixBunny456

Ruby was born in another world (the real world) and at an early age, she learned that no one has happy ending... More

Chapter 1: Ruby!
Chapter 2: Ruby's First Friends and the New Girl?
Chapter 3: Ruby's First Touch of Loneliness!
Chapter 4: First Ever Reunion!
Chapter 5: Inseparable Friends!
Chapter 6: Friendly Conversations!
Chapter 7: Secrets Even in Friendships!
Chapter 8: First Friendship Fight!
Chapter 9: Reconnecting?
Chapter 10: Xion Vanishes!
Chapter 11: Finding Xion!
Chapter 12: Saying Goodbye!
Chapter 13: Sora, Donald and Goofy!
Chapter 14: Ruby Taken Over By Darkness!
Chapter 15: Beast's Castle!
Chapter 16: Saving Beast!
Chapter 17: Land of Dragons!
Chapter 18: Escaping The Underworld!
Chapter 19: Olympus Coliseum!
Chapter 20: Disney Castle Is Under Attack!
Chapter 21: Pirate Tales!
Chapter 22: And Fish Tails!
Chapter 23: The Knight of Nightmare!
Chapter 24: Friends In All Shapes and Sizes!
Chapter 25: The True King of the Pride Lands!
Chapter 26: Not Ready To Say Goodbye Yet!
Chapter 27: DTD
Chapter 28: Reunion At Hollow Bastion!
Chapter 29: Under The Sea and Saving China - Again!
Chapter 30: When You Give Your Entire Being In An Attack!
Chapter 31: We'll Meet Again - I'll Make Sure of It!
Chapter 32: Let's Be Friends, Naminé!
Chapter 33: Sora and Riku's Return - Axel's Return To Radiant Gardens!
Chapter 34: Keep Your Hands Off Our Light!
Chapter 35: Heart's Intertwined!
Chapter 36: The Search For Roxas Begins!
Chapter 37: Meeting Little Chef and the Old Mansion Computer!
Chapter 38: Helping Friends!
Chapter 39: Saving Ansem the Wise and Freeing Aqua From Darkness
Chapter 41: Roxas's Return and the Adopted Siblings Reunite!
Chapter 42: Key To The Heart

Chapter 40: Axel and Ventus's Reunion!

38 0 0
By PhoenixBunny456

[Later - The Mysterious Tower]

Ruby walks in with Axel and Kairi. Ansem the Wise hadn't gotten back so Ruby came when called to Yen Sid's tower. They'd arrived together. Ruby was deep in thought while Axel and Kairi were happy to see their friends. Ruby looks up and she spots the back of Ventus's head. She gasps in shock thinking it's Roxas. She runs over and she moves into the front of him.

"Rox–" Ruby begins but stops when she sees Ventus standing there instead, "Ventus."

"Yes?" Ventus asks and he looks at her.

"Ventus, this is Ruby." Aqua explains, "The little girl that Terra adopted as his little sister when he found her orphaned."

"Ruby?! Wow! You're all grown up!" Ventus exclaims.

"Shall we begin?" Yen Sid asks. The group stands in front of Master Yen Sid. They stood in the order of Ventus, Aqua, Riku, Mickey, Goofy, Sora, Donald, Kairi, Ruby and Axel. Master Yen Sid close his eyes.

"At last, we are all assembled." Yen Sid states.

"Yeah..." Ruby replies.

"First: Sora, Riku, Ruby, Donald, Goofy, Mickey, I cannot thank you enough for what you have done." Yen Sid explains.

"Hehe." Sora says sheepishly while laughing.

"And you, Aqua and Ventus: we are fortunate to have you back." Yen Sid continues.

"Thanks. I only wish we could have returned to help sooner." Aqua states.

"Thank you." Ventus states.

"I feel bad for letting you guys down. We tried, but we still haven't found Terra." Mickey says.

"Don't. He studied with Master Eraqus, just like us. He's our responsibility." Aqua states.

"Oh but I know where he is." Ruby explains.

"Where?!" Everyone asks.

"He's captured and... is part of the Organization." Ruby explains.

"Then we'll just have to free him." Ventus explains.

"Mickey told me that you saved me in the realm of darkness." Riku says, "I should have gone to help you right away. But I was too inexperienced, I'm sorry I know that I let you down."

"No, just the opposite." Aqua replies.

"Did ya know Riku's a true Keyblade Master now?" Goofy asks.

"That's wonderful." Aqua explains.

"The King too!" Donald exclaims.

"Good for you." Aqua congratulates.

"But Sora needs work." Donald mocks.

"Sora used the power of waking to wake Ventus." Ruby explains, "Doesn't that qualify him?" Sora and Ruby laugh together.

"I'm happy to see that you haven't changed one bit." Aqua states.

"Huh?" Sora asks.

"Sora, you probably don't remember..." Aqua explains.

"Uh... Um..." Sora replies.

"It's okay." Aqua assures him. Axel clears his throat.

Ah yes. Let us not forget our new keyblade wielders. Ruby, Lea, Kairi, you have made tremendous strides." Yen Sid says. Ventus looks over at Axel.

"Hey, there. And that's 'future Keyblade Master'—" Axel says and Aqua interrupts him.

"Kairi?" Aqua asks shocked. Kairi looks at her confused.

"Incredible! It is you!" Aqua exclaims.

"You know her?" Mickey asks.

"When you and I first met in Radiant Garden, the Unversed tried to attack a little girl. Do you remember?" Aqua asks.

"Oh, gosh! That little girl was Kairi?" Mickey asks.

"I guess it must've worked – the spell that I cast on you." Aqua says.

"I'm sorry. Those days are hazy for me." Kairi says, "but it sounds like I'd have been in trouble without you. So thank you."

"Please. You were really, very little. Anyone would forget, hazy memory or not." Aqua says. Axel clears his throat once more.

"This is all very touching guys, but where do I fit in?" Axel asks, "Ven looks just like Roxas – or is it Roxas looks just like Ven?"

"Roxas... looks like Ventus. I thought I was looking at Roxas." Ruby explains.

"And now I have to explain all of that to him – which is in itself a crazy long story – and, apparently everybody already knows everyone, and this is an insane amount to get memorized!" Axel complains.

"Sorry, Lea." Ventus states.

"You remember me?" Axel asks.

"Yeah, of course! We're friends!" Ventus asks, "I can't believe you became a Keyblade wielder just like me."

"Yeah..." Axel replies.

"Axel, you know Ven?" Sora asks.

"Axel? Who's Axel?" Ventus asks.

"See, see, see? Major brain-ache." Lea says and Jiminy jumps onto Sora's head, "Huh? Now who?!"

"Not to worry, folks. To help us out, I've given each of you a Gummiphone. They've got summaries of everything that's happened so far." Jiminy says, "That way, you can read up, if you'd like. And if anyone has any questions, we can call each other."

"That's our Jiminy!" Donald boasts.

"He's always prepared!" Goofy explains.

"Mhm!" Jiminy replies.

"Well, we have our seven Guardians." Mickey states.

"Yeah. But... I do wish that Roxas, Naminé and Terra could be here with us too." Sora explains.

"Since when do you mope, Sora? Come on?" Riku asks, Anyway, Terra's gotta be with the Organization. Which means we'll have a chance to save him."

"Leave it to Ven and I. We'll bring him home." Aqua states.

"I made Terra a promise." Ventus explains.

"And I'll figure Roxas out. Don't know how, but I'll get him back." Axel explains.

"Speaking of, we've made tremendous strides." Ruby explains, "Ansem the Wise is alive. He should be arriving soon in Radiant Gardens. I'd like permission to return to oversee the progress..."

"Of course." Yen Sid replies.

"Naminé is right here, safe with me." Kairi says, "I know that we'll find a way to help her. Trust me – I'm not giving up."

"Kairi's right. We're all in this together, Sora." Mickey explains.

"And Donald and I are no Keyblade wielders, but we'll always be right there to help keep ya steady." Goofy says, "We've got your back, not just now, but always."

"Three half-pints make a whole!" Donald exclaims.

"Huh?" Riku asks.

"That again?" Sora asks and the group laughs.

"It is a shame that all of our friends could not be here. But our seven guardians of light have united." Yen Sid says getting everyone's attention, "Given time, I know the others will soon stand with us."

"Yeah!" Sora exclaims.

"Today, you recuperate. On the morrow, you journey to the fated place." Yen Sid explains.

"Right!" Everyone states.

"Axel, I need to speak with you before I return to Radiant Gardens. Our spot?" Ruby asks.

"Right." Axel replies.

[Twilight Town]

Ruby and Axel sit on the clock tower. Axel sat in his spot and Ruby in hers. She looks over to where her other two friends would be if they were there.

"Axel, we have another friend." Ruby explains.

"Another friend?" Axel asks.

"We can't remember her fully, I barely remember her if it weren't for my diary." Ruby explains as she opens the diary. The wind blows the pages and Axel looks at her.

"I am the only one who remembers her." Ruby explains, "It's been a burden on me all this time." Ruby starts crying.

"I thought you weren't going to cry anymore." Axel explains.

"I can't help it. When I think of how she's still out there, lost in the darkness." Ruby explains.

"We'll bring her back. Just like we're bringing Roxas back." Axel explains.

"You sense her. Which is why... you bought four ice creams." Ruby states looking at Axel's hand where he had two extra ice cream.

"Yeah... I know... but I can't remember her name." Axel explains.

"I feel like... it's you remembering her, seeing her which will bring Roxas back." Ruby explains, "Which is why I'll be ready."

"Shouldn't you say goodbye to your real home?" A familiar voice asks and they look towards the voice to see Saix there.

"Ruby, get behind me!" Axel states.

"I'm not here to fight. Relax." Saix says and takes one of the ice cream from Axel.

"Hey!" Axel exclaims.

"You can't eat all this." Saix says.

"Why are you here?" Ruby asks moving to the other side of Axel like he ordered.

"Why did you buy three of them? One for Roxas... and two for good luck?" Saix asks avoiding the question.

"Why are you here?" Axel asks.

"Got it memorized?" Saix asks, "Back when we were still friends, we used to sneak into the castle."

"Yeah..." Axel replies.

"And we made a friend there, a girl. We apprenticed to Ansem the Wise to rescue her." Saix says.

"Yeah, and we failed! One day she was just gone!" Axel exclaims.

"You gave up." Saix states.

"I did not give up. One day, we're apprentices, the next Ansem the Wise has up and vanished, the day after, we're Nobodies, day after that we're doing icky jobs for Xemnas. I couldn't keep up with you!" Axel exclaims.

"Following Xehanort's Nobody was the only way to discover what happened to her." Saix says, "She was his lab rat."

"So? You found her? I helped you rise up the ranks, so I hope it paid off." Axel asks.

"I'm afraid not. Nary a trace." Saix replies, "I started to wonder if we'd imagined her. Maybe she never existed. And then, in time, I awakened to a new purpose. I realized I could be stronger." Axel scoffs.

"Well then, you blew it! Wise up already and just quit." Axel replies.

"Face it. Roxas is just like our other friend." Saix says and Axel gasps, "Gone forever. You need to accept that." Ruby gets angry.

"I'M BRINGING ROXAS BACK AND THAT'S FINAL!" Ruby snaps.

"You wish. I'm getting her back All of 'em!" Axel exclaims, "Especially Roxas! I'm even dragging you home!"

"Hmm." Saix says, "The marks under your eyes. They're gone."

"Yeag?" Don't need 'em!" Axel exclaims.

"Always told you they'd stop you from crying. The upside-down tears." Saix replies.

"Would you get lost? I'll clobber you tomorrow." Axel asks.

"Heh. I expect no less." Saix says and he vanishes into the darkness.

"Ruby... go prove him wrong. Go get Roxas back." Axel explains. Ruby nods and she heads to Radiant Gardens.

[The Next Day]

Ruby stands beside the vessel. She closed her eyes as she could see the battle through her friend's hearts.

[Meanwhile]

Axel and Kairi struggled against Saix and the other vessel, Xion. Axel fought off Xion and Saix to cover Kairi. Sora rushes forward.

"Kairi! Axel!" Sora exclaims.

"Sora!" Kairi exclaims back. Xion attacks Axel.

"Nice to see ya." Axel replies as he throws Xion off with ease. The four fight off the two with ease. Saix throws Sora and Kairi.

"Stop it, Isa!" Axel demands. Saix goes to hit Axel when Xemnas appears.

"Xemnas!" Axel snaps.

"There was a time when I trusted you to deal with traitors." Xemnas says, "And now, your betrayal outstrips them all. What final words do you have for your superior?"

"Well, let me think about it... How about, 'You were never my superior'." Axel sasses.

"Ah, ever the rogue pawn. Knocked from the board early in the game. Utterly useless and forgotten." Xemnas growls out.

"You kidding? Do you know how popular I am? I got loads of people rootin' for me. Sorry, boss. No one axes Axel. Got it memorized?" He goes to attack Xemnas who simply grabs his Keyblade.

"Is this supposed to be a Keyblade? Or is it some sort of joke?" Xemnas asks before he uses the darkness to shatter Axel's keyblade.

"Axel!" Sora yells. Xemnas activates his power and goes to attack Axel. Axel gets hit repeatedly with the attacks.

"Our plans have been dashed by you... for more times than I care to count." Xemnas explains walking towards Axel, "Now it ends, I will purge that light in you... with darkness..." Xemnas goes to attack when the attack is stopped by Xion.

"Changing sides again?" Xemnas asks.

"We need him alive. You know that." Xion says.

[Meanwhile]

"It's just about time, Roxas." Ruby states as she grabs the Vessel's hand.

[Meanwhile]

"We only need his heart in order to forge the key. We do not need his soul." Xemnas says, "Oh... but that's right. You were 'friends'. Then... you take his life." Xion stands. Axel's eyes widened.

"Who... are you?" Axel asks. Xion holds up the Kingdom Key to Axel's face. Sora gets up and he walks over and places his hand on Xion's keyblade.

"Don't do this." Sora says and Xion gasps. She attacks Sora but he stops her attack. She continues to attack him randomly but he blocks each attack.

"Wait... It's all right!" Sora says as tears form in his eyes from Roxas crying, "You can stop now!" Xion gasps as she watches Sora cry.

"It's all right... Xion." Sora says and Xion's eyes widen. Xion begins crying as well and she drops her keyblade. She begins to remember and Xemnas appears beside her.

"Useless puppet." Xemnas says and kicks her back into Sora and they both go flying. Xion's hood falls down and Axel gasps when he sees Xion's face.

"XION!" Axel yells and grabs his head as the memories return. Xemnas goes to finish Xion off when Axel grabs him.

"Your keyblade is no more. And still you think you can play at being a guardian of light?" Xemnas asks and steps on Axel's hand, "You can wait your turn... also-ran." Xemnas goes to stab Xion. Axel reaches out to try to stop Xemnas.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 328 44
Xena Ross is a 17 year-old girl in high school who lives with one of her older brothers. Her memories of her past don't seem to reach back too far, b...
3.2K 83 12
(Book 6) After learning of Master Xehanort's impending return, King Mickey, Master Yen Sid and Hikari puts Sora and Riku through the Mark of Mastery...
5.9K 164 24
(Book 4) After a year of sleeping and getting her memories back, Hikari continues her journey with Sora, Donald and Goofy to search for Riku and King...
451 55 9
Come and relive the KH stories that are rewritten by me and starring the one and only OC of mine: Hikari, the Princess of Kingdom Hearts. The Heart...