Key to the Heart - A Kingdom...

By PhoenixBunny456

Ruby was born in another world (the real world) and at an early age, she learned that no one has happy ending... More

Chapter 1: Ruby!
Chapter 2: Ruby's First Friends and the New Girl?
Chapter 3: Ruby's First Touch of Loneliness!
Chapter 4: First Ever Reunion!
Chapter 5: Inseparable Friends!
Chapter 6: Friendly Conversations!
Chapter 7: Secrets Even in Friendships!
Chapter 8: First Friendship Fight!
Chapter 9: Reconnecting?
Chapter 10: Xion Vanishes!
Chapter 11: Finding Xion!
Chapter 12: Saying Goodbye!
Chapter 13: Sora, Donald and Goofy!
Chapter 14: Ruby Taken Over By Darkness!
Chapter 15: Beast's Castle!
Chapter 16: Saving Beast!
Chapter 17: Land of Dragons!
Chapter 18: Escaping The Underworld!
Chapter 19: Olympus Coliseum!
Chapter 20: Disney Castle Is Under Attack!
Chapter 21: Pirate Tales!
Chapter 22: And Fish Tails!
Chapter 23: The Knight of Nightmare!
Chapter 24: Friends In All Shapes and Sizes!
Chapter 25: The True King of the Pride Lands!
Chapter 26: Not Ready To Say Goodbye Yet!
Chapter 27: DTD
Chapter 28: Reunion At Hollow Bastion!
Chapter 29: Under The Sea and Saving China - Again!
Chapter 30: When You Give Your Entire Being In An Attack!
Chapter 31: We'll Meet Again - I'll Make Sure of It!
Chapter 32: Let's Be Friends, Naminé!
Chapter 33: Sora and Riku's Return - Axel's Return To Radiant Gardens!
Chapter 34: Keep Your Hands Off Our Light!
Chapter 35: Heart's Intertwined!
Chapter 36: The Search For Roxas Begins!
Chapter 37: Meeting Little Chef and the Old Mansion Computer!
Chapter 39: Saving Ansem the Wise and Freeing Aqua From Darkness
Chapter 40: Axel and Ventus's Reunion!
Chapter 41: Roxas's Return and the Adopted Siblings Reunite!
Chapter 42: Key To The Heart

Chapter 38: Helping Friends!

23 0 0
By PhoenixBunny456

Sora, Ruby, Donald and Goofy head out of the mansion and walk through the gates. Ruby was excited about seeing Roxas again. She giggles happily as she thought about all the things she wanted to show Roxas. She had adventures to tell him about. Even if he could see through Sora's eyes.

"So, you think you can bring Roxas back?" Evil Ansem says and Sora steps halfway in front of Ruby and Ruby gasps in shock.

"Ansem!" Sora says and a dark corridor portal opens, "Xemnas!"

"Roxas should have never existed in the first place. What you seek is impossible." Xemnas explains.

"You're wrong!" Ruby yells.

"Roxas does exist. His heart's inside my heart!" Sora snaps at the same time.

"And in the unlikely event you did manage to separate you two, where is it you think you can put his heart?" Xemnas asks.

"Well... Roxas used to live in the other Twilight Town, right?" Sora asks, "So, I'm just gonna put him back there." Sora was unsure.

"Do you even realize what you are saying?" Evil Ansem says, "The other Twilight Town is just data." Ruby thought about it.

"A heart can live anywhere. Even inside data!" Ruby exclaims with small tears in her eyes.

"There are hearts all around us!" Sora snaps.

"Ansem and Xemnas used to be part of the same person, right?" Goofy asks.

"What?" Ruby asks.

"But look. Now they exist separately just fine. If they can do it, then I don't see any reason why you and Roxas can't find a way." Goofy explains.

"Oh... yeah!" Sora exclaims.

"Yeah! You tell 'em, Captain Goofy!" Donald exclaims.

""Hmm, in that case, by all means." Evil Ansem states. Ruby looks at him. She knew he harbored Terra's heart.

"Nothing would please us more than Roxas's return, of course." Xemnas states.

"Let me guess, so that you can use him for evil? Not happening. Roxas is part of the light. He is my guardian of light. Just like you have a Guardian of Darkness." Ruby growls out.

"Still so blind. A nobody is what's left behind when one gives his heart to darkness. There is only one way to bring Roxas back, which is for you to give your heart up as well. Sora, have you finally decided to call upon the darkness?" Xemnas asks.

"What?" Sora asks.

"Go on then. The shadows are never out of reach." Evil Ansem says and summons Heartless to attack them. Xemnas makes Nobodies as well for them to fight.

"Now, set your heart free!" Xemnas and Evil Ansem say in unison before they vanish into darkness.

"Wait!" Sora yells out and rushes after them but they vanish before he gets to them.

"Sora! We've got a battle here!" Ruby explains.

"It's not darkness! Not if it helps him!" Sora says and summons his Keyblade. The four of them fight off the Heartless and Nobodies and easily defeat the horde. After the battle, Ruby looks down with a sad and worried look on her face.

"Herc said..." Sora begins causing Ruby to look up at him, "He said, 'With all my heart'. Okay. Then all my heart it is. I'm getting Roxas out. Are you with me? Ruby? Donald? Goofy?" Ruby's eyes widened and she nods at him.

"You betcha!" The three exclaim.

"I don't know what Ansem and Xemnas want, but we better tell the others to watch out." Sora explains.

"Yeah!" Donald and Goofy exclaim in unison.

"How about first we catch up with Hayner and Olette. Maybe I can earn some munny for our trip with them." Ruby explains.

The group heads to town. They head around town looking for Hayner and Olette and are brought to a stop in their search when they hear a familiar voice to Sora, Donald and Goofy talking to Hayner and Olette. Ruby knew who the duck was because she used to live her.

"Well, bless my bagpipes! It was you laddies and lass who rescued my chef!" Scrooge McDuck exclaims.

"It's Uncle Scrooge!" Donald says and they rush over to him.

"Hmm?" Ruby asks.

"Huh? Wait... didn't he sell ice cream in Hollow Bastion?" Sora asks.

"That's right. But Uncle Scrooge here's what you might call a world traveler." Goofy explains.

"Oh..." Ruby replies.

"How are ya, Uncle Scrooge?" Sora asks.

"Oh, hello, Sora! You are lookin' hale and hearty. I heard ye were on another grand adventure with these two. I hope Donald isn't making a menace of himself." Scrooge asks, teasingly.

"Awe, why did you have to say that?" Donald asks with a whine. Ruby giggles as she looks at Donald.

""So, Uncle Scrooge, what's that you were sayin' about a chef?" Goofy asks.

"Och! Right, right! The chef of me bistro here wanted to show ye his appreciation so he baked this for ya." Scrooge says and holds up a box. Sora takes the box. Ruby peeks in with Sora as he opens the box.

"CAKE!" They all exclaim.

"The whole cake? It's for us?" Sora asks. Ruby glances up as Scrooge's hat shakes.

"Huh?" Sora asks.

"Aye, settle down... the chef wants ye to know it's not a cake but a tarte aux fruits." Scrooge explains.

"He does?" Donald asks.

"Why keep it under my hat?" Scrooge asks and takes his hat off, "May I introduce, Little Chef."

"Oh, it's you!" Sora exclaims.

"Uncle Scrooge, you opened a bistro in Twilight Town?" Donald asks.

"Aye. It all started a little while ago, when I was enjoying one of the best meals of my life. And when I asked to speak to the chef, I met this wee genius. As it turns out, he wanted to expand his culinary horizons. So, I thought: that's the opportunity. And I financed the whole operation." Scrooge says and looks at little Chef, "Ooh, I think he wants to cook some more for ye. Fetch some ingredients. Especially anything unusual."

"That'll be fun! Kinda like a scavenger hunt!" Goofy exclaims.

"And the more the better!" Scrooge says, "The mark of a truly great chef is creating masterpieces out of anything. Ye can start right here in town."

"We'll do anything to try more of Little Chef's food." Sora states. The group heads to search around and they return with the ingredients and talk to Little Chef about what they found.

"Hey! Guys!" Hayner exclaims.

"Huh?" Sora asks, "Hayner, Olette!"

""Hey, boss. We're done with the posters." Hayner explains.

"Aye, good work, kids." Scrooge acknowledges.

"You guys work for Uncle Scrooge here at the bistro?" Goofy asks.

"Um... do we?" Hayner asks.

"He gave us a short job putting up these special posters. Mr. McDuck's hosting an open-air film festival in the courtyard. Cool, huh?" Olette says and Scrooge talks about wanting to spend money and Ruby giggles.

"Oh, we need to warn you guys." Sora says.

"Hmm? Why?" Hayner asks.

"Well, those creepy-crawly things might come back for more, so stay on your toes." Sora explains.

"Sure. But don't we have you guys to take care of 'em for us?" Hayner asks.

"We've got to leave again. I've got to get back to training... and Sora..." Ruby says and looks at Sora.

"It's our job." Donald explains.

"But we'll definitely be back." Goofy assures them.

"Don't you guys ever slow down?" Hayner asks.

"Sorry. Just do us a favor." Sora asks.

"What is it? Don't make it too tough." Hayner replies.

"I know how Roxas feels. To be lost. But Donald and Goofy... Kairi... brought me back by wishing with all their hearts." Sora explains.

"So... we were hoping... the three of you would help me do the same and wish for Roxas." Ruby explains.

"What? That's it? That's no favor. We'll all wish. I'm wishin'." Hayner assures her.

"Yeah!" Olette explains, "Me and Pence too!"

"Thanks." Sora replies. Ruby heads back to Radiant Garden and Sora and the group leaves in the Gummiship.

[A Few Days Later]

'I'm sorry I left without saying goodbye. Did Master Yen Sid tell you? I'm training to become a keyblade wielder like you. That's right. No more waiting for you to come back from your adventures. I want to get out there and do my part to help. Merlin has used his magic to bring us to a place where time doesn't matter. We can take as long as we need to complete our training. He's an amazing wizard. Oh, and by 'us' I mean me and Lea. He's really sorry for all the trouble he caused. I told him it's fine, but he won't stop apologizing. I'm not sure how Ruby puts up with him. They're best friends though... I'll admit I was a little scared of him at first, but I've gotten to know him better. All he ever wanted was to help his friends... Honestly, it's hard not to like him. Every now and then, I catch him staring at me. When I ask what's wrong, he says, I'm not sure. I think I'm forgetting something. Don't know what. Sora, I think it may have something to do with you. Your journey is all about helping people: some that you've never met before and some like Lea that you have. They're all counting on you. It won't be easy, but I hope you'll remain the happy and cheerful Sora I know. There's no heart your smile can't reach.' Kairi's thoughts say as she writes a letter to Sora. Kairi gasps when she spots Ruby and Axel walking over towards her. Axel stops. Ruby had brought back Sea Salt Ice Cream.

"What's wrong?" Kairi asks.

"Huh? Oh, nothin' sorry." Axel states.

"Lea." Kairi explains.

"What? I am." Axel says and sits down across from Kairi on a rock, "Huh? A letter?" Kairi nods.

"Yup." Kairi replies.

"To Sora?" Axel asks.

"Hmm... Technically yes. But I won't send it. It's more for me." Kairi explains.

"Ask Merlin. He'll deliver it for you." Axel replies.

"Yeah, but it's okay." Kairi says, "I just like talking to Sora, even if it's on paper."

"Oh..." Ruby replies, "I do the same... in my diary about Roxas."

"Then you get it." Kairi explains.

"I sure do." Ruby states, "Brought you something." She holds out some ice cream and passes Axel his. The three share the ice cream.

"Ice cream? Really?" Kairi asks.

"Yeah! Ruby brought some back when she went to Twilight Town!" Axel exclaims.

"You're awesome." Kairi replies. She finds Axel staring at her.

"What?" Kairi asks.

"N-Nothing. I just..." Axel explains.

"You're trying to remember what you forgot?" Kairi asks.

"What?" Ruby asks as she looks at Axel.

"Well, I, uh... Yeah... Yeah." Axel replies.

'Axel's beginning to remember Xion...' Ruby's thoughts say.

"So tomorrow – you and me in the ring. You ready?" Kairi asks.

"Course." Axel replies.

"Don't hold back, Lea. Promise?" Kairi asks and Axel looks back at Kairi but saw Xion. His eyes widen as he drops the ice cream he held and his eyes swell with tears.

"Axel..." Ruby states.

"Huh? Are you okay? Lea?" Kairi asks.

"Yeah... Sorry." Axel replies and wipes his face.

"You're crying, what's wrong?" Kairi asks.

"Something in my eyes." Axel lies, "Ruby's the cry baby not me."

"Hey! I've stopped crying so much. I promised Roxas I wouldn't cry." Ruby exclaims, insulted.

"Lea." Kairi states.

"I'm... gonna go. Sorry." Axel states.

"Kay, but stop apologizing." Kairi tells him.

"Fine... on one condition." Axel replies.

"What?" Kairi asks.

"Call me Axel from now on." Axel states, "Got it memorized?"

"Yeah. Okay, Axel." Kairi says.

"I told you that you'd still get used to being called Axel." Ruby states teasingly as the two walk away.

"You're always right." Axel states.

"Idiot." Ruby teases and gently hits his head.

[A Few Days Later - The Secret Forest]

Axel sat staring off into the distance. Axel was still trying to remember Xion. He wasn't having much luck. He was trying hard to remember her but couldn't. Instead he found himself thinking of Ruby, Roxas and himself laughing up on the tower. Ruby and Kairi rush over towards him.

"Axel!" The girls call out. They draw Axel out of his thoughts and Axel looks at them.

"Hey, liking the look, Kairi." Axel says, "You cut your hair too. Did you... shorten yours too, Ruby?"

"Do you think Roxas will like it?" Ruby asks, touching her hair. Axel looks at her.

"Yeah, I think so." Axel replies.

"So... you gonna try yours on?" Ruby asks.

"Uh... I dunno. Maybe later." Axel states.

"But you always wear the same thing." Kairi points out.

"You're starting to stink." Ruby teases.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Axel exclaims, "This is how you pick me out of a crowd. I make myself easy to remember."

"How thoughtful." Kairi replies with a giggle.

"Oh, nah, not really." Axel replies in embarrassment.

"Our training's almost finished." Kairi states.

"Yeah..." Axel replies.

"Somewhere inside me is Naminé. If we can free Roxas, we can free her too." Kairi explains.

"I guess so." Axel replies.

"Naminé was made when Sora freed me from his heart. So, now that she's a part of me again, I figured all was right. But she can't look at this forest, feel the wind on her face, none of it. And if she could, it would be different for her." Kairi explains and Axel nods.

"Yeah..." Axel replies.

"Her time was short, but she lived it, and that makes it hers. What right did I have to take those feelings and experiences back? They don't belong to me. Nothing's as it should be." Kairi says, "Not for her or Roxas."

"I miss Roxas a lot. Talking to him, smiling at him, eating ice cream next to him a top of the tower." Ruby explains.

"I know." Axel states, "You know... way back when I was a kid, I met this other weird kid... Somehow we became fast friends... Never saw him again – nearly forgot about him, too. Then, I met Roxas. Couldn't believe it. The two of 'em were identical. Oh, I didn't tell Roxas. Didn't want him to go vanishing on me, too. The kid's name was Ventus. He's one of the lost Keyblade wielders we're looking for. Think he's still got me memorized?"

"Oh, yeah, very memorized." Kairi replies, tapping her head.

"Ventus..." Ruby states.

"You know the name?" Axel asks.

"Actually... the three keyblade wielders were looking for... Terra, Aqua and Ventus... Terra's my brother." Ruby explains.

"What?!" Axel asks.

"I woke up in the world that Terra's from. My brother went on his journey to get the Mark of Mastery..." Ruby explains, " And suddenly, one day, the world we lived in was crumbling and I was thrown from the world. I woke up in Twilight Town. It became my home. My memories of my brother vanished until recently."

"Hmm. Now that we're going back. I'm worried about everything." Axel explains.

"Well, you don't have to worry alone anymore, Axel." Kairi assures him. Ruby looks up.

"What is it?" Axel asks.

"The Twilight Crew are calling me." Ruby explains, "I'll be back." She travels on the path of friendship vanishing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 60 18
You already know what happens within this... but what if I told you not all was true and there's more after? Join Trf/(y/n), sora and the rest of the...
119K 2.4K 37
Y/n, a boy of mystery. No one has a clue where he came from nor how he got to the island. He thought he was normal but that clearly was not the case...
14.8K 149 16
A year after the events of their last adventure, Sora, Kairi, Riku are now setting down to rest. But now, they're about to take on their ultimate jou...
275K 2.7K 126
••• REQUESTS CLOSED••• I do not own Kingdom hearts, Square Enix or any of the characters in the game. Nor do I own you. Only yours and the characters...