Key to the Heart - A Kingdom...

By PhoenixBunny456

Ruby was born in another world (the real world) and at an early age, she learned that no one has happy ending... More

Chapter 1: Ruby!
Chapter 2: Ruby's First Friends and the New Girl?
Chapter 3: Ruby's First Touch of Loneliness!
Chapter 4: First Ever Reunion!
Chapter 5: Inseparable Friends!
Chapter 6: Friendly Conversations!
Chapter 7: Secrets Even in Friendships!
Chapter 8: First Friendship Fight!
Chapter 9: Reconnecting?
Chapter 10: Xion Vanishes!
Chapter 11: Finding Xion!
Chapter 12: Saying Goodbye!
Chapter 13: Sora, Donald and Goofy!
Chapter 14: Ruby Taken Over By Darkness!
Chapter 15: Beast's Castle!
Chapter 16: Saving Beast!
Chapter 17: Land of Dragons!
Chapter 18: Escaping The Underworld!
Chapter 19: Olympus Coliseum!
Chapter 20: Disney Castle Is Under Attack!
Chapter 21: Pirate Tales!
Chapter 22: And Fish Tails!
Chapter 23: The Knight of Nightmare!
Chapter 24: Friends In All Shapes and Sizes!
Chapter 25: The True King of the Pride Lands!
Chapter 26: Not Ready To Say Goodbye Yet!
Chapter 27: DTD
Chapter 28: Reunion At Hollow Bastion!
Chapter 29: Under The Sea and Saving China - Again!
Chapter 30: When You Give Your Entire Being In An Attack!
Chapter 31: We'll Meet Again - I'll Make Sure of It!
Chapter 32: Let's Be Friends, Naminé!
Chapter 33: Sora and Riku's Return - Axel's Return To Radiant Gardens!
Chapter 34: Keep Your Hands Off Our Light!
Chapter 35: Heart's Intertwined!
Chapter 36: The Search For Roxas Begins!
Chapter 38: Helping Friends!
Chapter 39: Saving Ansem the Wise and Freeing Aqua From Darkness
Chapter 40: Axel and Ventus's Reunion!
Chapter 41: Roxas's Return and the Adopted Siblings Reunite!
Chapter 42: Key To The Heart

Chapter 37: Meeting Little Chef and the Old Mansion Computer!

33 0 0
By PhoenixBunny456

"Breath... should I take a deep?" Ruby is shown sitting alone on the clock tower as she stares out at the sunset. "Faith... should I take the leap?" Roxas is shown in his organization thirteen cloaks with the hood up. "Taste... what a bittersweet!" The two are shown walking the opposite direction of one another before they are shown looking at one another from over their shoulders. "All my, all my life!" Axel is shown walking over to Roxas and putting his arm around his neck and pulling him away. "Let me face!" Ruby is shown looking away as she stands alone. "Let me face!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown running from Nobodies that suddenly attack. "Let me face my fears!" Roxas is shown looking down sadly as he was forced to follow orders. "Let me face! Let me face! Let me face my fears!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown laughing as she sits next to Roxas as the two talk. "Won't be long!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown standing with shock on her face as Roxas is shown standing in front of her. "Won't be long!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown crying as she stands alone. "I'm almost here!" Light flashes as Sora and Roxas are shown on separate screens before Roxas is shown fading away and Sora is shown alone. "Watch me cry all my tears!" Ruby is staring at the sky as it looks like doves fly around her. "Let me face!" Light flashes as Ruby is shown floating back as she reaches up. "Let me face!" Roxas, Ruby, Xion and Axel are shown laughing together as Ruby and Roxas sit beside one another. "Let me face my fears!" Music continues to play as Ruby and Roxas are shown reuniting before Ruby is shown sitting alone as she stares out at the sky and the title is shown above her.

"Before I became friends with you all, Roxas was the kid I'd be up on top of the clock tower with." Ruby explains.

"You're boyfriend!" Pence exclaims and Ruby's cheeks flush red and she freaks out with Sora.

"W-We're not dating yet!" Ruby exclaims.

"Actually, he mighta been friends with another version of ya." Goofy explains. Goofy and Ruby pull out the pictures and show them.

"These photographs..." Olette explains.

"Yeah, we've got the same ones." Pence states. They show it to the group.

"Oh yeah! The other Twilight Town!" Hayner exclaims.

"It's like one of those 'spot the differences' puzzles... except really easy." Pence explains.

"Roxas is missing." Ruby explains.

"I guess in that town we're friends with this 'Roxas' person." Pence states.

"Sora, let us help you track Roxas down." Hayner pleads.

"Really?" Sora asks.

"Sure, he seems like a pretty cool guy." Hayner assures him.

"Yeah. He is." Sora replies.

"He's the best." Ruby replies.

"You love him." Olette points out.

"I do." Ruby says as she touches her hand to her chest.

"Let's start by having a look around town. If alternate-us knew Roxas, then maybe alternate-other folks did too." Pence suggests.

"Mhm. Sora, you four should go to the place in the photo. It's the old mansion." Olette suggests, "The three of us will cover places in town."

"Right." Sora replies, "Thanks. Oh yeah! I got this phone thingy that takes pictures. Want to snap a photo while we're all here?" Sora holds out the Gummiphone.

"Sure." Hayner replies.

"That's a great idea." Pence states. Everyone stands together and it occurs to them that no one is to take it. Donald complains about taking the picture when he draws the short straw. Donald gives the camera to Goofy. Ruby sat in the middle hugging Donald while the others stood on each side of her. After the picture is done, the group looks at it.

"Wow, that came out great." Pence exclaims.

"Oh look! A lucky emblem." Olette points out.

"Lucky emblem?" Sora asks, confused.

"Oh, yeah, they are huge right now. Supposedly, these things are hidden all over town. And if you get a picture of them, they'll bring you good luck." Olette informs them.

"Cool!" Donald and Goofy exclaim in unison.

"Wait, look guys is that?" Sora asks and the group looks at it.

You're right! I see it too!" Goofy exclaims.

"Is it the King?" Donald asks.

"I knew it!" Sora exclaims.

"Good luck, because they're not all this easy to find." Olette warns.

"Okay, we'd better start asking around." Hayner says, "You start by checking out the old mansion. We'll catch up."

"Got it." Sora replies. Ruby led the group towards the old mansion. They head to the entrance area for the forest. They follow the path and they come to some to a bunch of fruit lying on the ground.

"What's that?" Donald asks and the group looks up to see monkey shaped Heartless on a nearby tree.

"Heartless!" Goofy exclaims.

"What do you think they're up to?" Sora asks. Ruby looks closer and she gasps. Ruby notices a little guy stuck in the tree as the Heartless were moving towards him.

"LITTLE CHEF!" Ruby exclaims.

"Little Chef?" Sora asks.

"His name is Remy! He makes the best food in town!" Ruby exclaims.

"The Heartless have him surrounded!" Goofy says.

"Sora!" Ruby exclaims. Ruby and Sora rush over to help. They fight off the Heartless. They quickly finish them off. Remy looks up at them and waves at Ruby before he takes off.

"Well, take care." Sora says. The little guy looks over at them and then rushes over and he climbs up Sora's back and uses Sora's hair to turn Sora around and make him pick up the fruit.

"Little Chef likes you!" Ruby exclaims.

"Whoa!" Sora exclaims.

"Look! That little feller's up on top of your head." Goofy explains.

"Huh?" Sora asks and the little guy makes Sora move a little, "Would you cut that—"

"Sora, you've been hijacked!" Donald exclaims.

"Ya know, maybe he wants you to pick up the fruit for him." Goofy says and the little guy nods.

"Okay, that's fine, but I can do it by myself." Sora says and the little guy climbs down to Sora's hand, "I just need to collect the fruit?" The little guy nods.

"Little Chef is the boss." Ruby says and smiles down at Little Chef. They all help the little guy pick up the fruit and put it into a pile.

"So, what are you going to do with all this anyway?" Sora asks and the little guy shows them since he couldn't speak, "Huh?" The little guy sighs.

"Little Chef is a cook. He's going to cook with it." Ruby explains.

"Well, okay. You should be careful going home." Sora tells Little Chef.

"Bye-Bye!" Donald replies.

"Bye, Remy!" Ruby exclaims and waves.

"See you around." Goofy says. They continue heading to the mansion when they reach it, Sora looks up at the mansion. Sora gets a flash of memory from Roxas and he looks at Ruby.

"What?" Ruby asks.

"What do ya think, guys? This place is even creepier than I remember." Sora complains.

"Well, they do say that this mansion is haunted." Goofy explains.

"Oh..." Donald whines. The group gets quiet as they think and Hayner grabs onto Sora's shoulder as he speaks.

"Hey there." Hayner says but gets four screams in response.

"Thanks for the heart attack!" Sora exclaims.

"Oh my gosh..." Ruby whispers as she breathes heavily.

"Oh, what? Did I scare you?" Hayner asks.

"Uhh." Sora states.

"Not a chance!" Donald exclaims.

"Our bad." Olette states with a giggle.

"So how did it go? Did ya get any leads?" Sora asks. Hayner looks back at Pence from over his shoulder.

"Nope, afraid not. The asking around thing was a total bust." Pence replies sadly.

"Yup. This old mansion is our last hope." Hayner tells them.

"You guys ready?" Olette asks.

"Another Twilight Town awaits!" Pence exclaims.

"Yeah..." Sora replies. The group heads inside. They eventually make it to the lab area and Ruby looks around.

"Here we go!" Pence exclaims running over to the computer, The password was... uh 'sea-salt ice cream,' right? Okay I'm in. Let's get that transporter working." Ruby looks at all the cameras.

"Oh, man. The transporter's been protected!" Pence complains.

"Protected from what?" Sora asks.

"I guess from us? We can't use it to get to the other Twilight Town." Pence explains.

"Why not? It worked before! We sent Sora there!" Hayner complains.

"Well that was then and this is now." Pence replies.

"And there's no other way?" Olette asks.

"Hmm... none that I know." Pence says.

Great." Sora says and he sighs. Sora gasps when Sora's Gummiphone rings. He pulls it out of his pocket and answers it to find Ienzo calling.

"Hello, Sora. You wouldn't happen to be in front of a computer?" Ienzo asks.

"Hi Ienzo." Ruby states.

"Huh? Well... yeah. But how'd you know that?" Sora asks.

"I was tinkering with Ansem's computer, you know, to decrypt the Code that was left in it? And I noticed that someone had logged in from another terminal... I figured it might be you." Ienzo explains.

"Oh! Yeah, the log terminal. But... it wasn't us." Ruby explains.

"Then, uh, who was it that logged in?" Ienzo asks.

"Oh, hi there. This is Pence. I'm the one who logged into the computer." Pence calls out and Sora turns the phone to look at Pence.

"Good. As long as it's a user that we know we can trust." Ienzo replies with a breath of relief.

"He's our friend." Ruby explains.

"Yep. But I'm kind of stuck here." Pence says, "One of the programs is protected, so... I can't run it."

"Which program?" Ienzo asks.

"The transporter to the other Twilight Town!" Hayner yells as he was impatient, "It's the only way to find Roxas. You gotta help us!"

"Another Twilight Town?" Ienzo asks, slightly confused, "And a transporter? Okay... a virtual town inside the computer, made of data." He thinks about it.

"A datascape! Fellas!" Jiminy exclaims.

"Is that a talking bug?" Ruby asks.

"He's a cricket." Donald explains.

"These worlds just keep getting weirder." Ruby mutters.

"He's been here the entire time." Sora replies.

"What?!" Ruby asks in shock.

"Maybe I can do something." Ienzo says, "Pence, let's get a network set up. My address here is..." Ienzo tells Pence everything he needs to know. Connecting the two computers takes a few moments. Sora falls asleep standing up.

"Wow... he's talented. Falling sleeping standing up." Ruby states.

"Alright, sharing is enabled." Ienzo confirms. Sora ends up waking up with a jolt before Ruby has to smack him.

"Huh? Were you able to fix it?" Sora asks.

"Now that our two computers have been successfully networked together, I can take control of the terminal there and change the privileges..." Ienzo explains.

"And Roxas?" Sora asks.

"Yes. For the virtual world to be completely realized, Ansem the Wise would've included Roxas's full data in the construction. Meaning, somewhere on your machine there's a log of that data that – uh... basically, we can decipher Ansem's Code more quickly and we can analyze the virtual Twilight Town while we're at it." Ienzo explains with a grin.

"Okay! Great!" Sora says, "I can't computer so... do that." Ruby rolls her eyes.

"Roxas is so much smarter than his twin by the way." Ruby replies.

"HEY!" Sora exclaims.

"Glad you're following along." Ienzo says, "Don't worry, we'll handle it."

"I think your smarts are wasted on Sora." Ruby teases.

"Hey! That's mean!" Sora whines.

"Chip and Dale will be helping me out on this end. I'll call you back as soon as we know anything more." Ienzo exclaims.

"Thanks!" Sora replies.

"Oh, before I forget – a bit of troubling news. It's about one of the Organization's former members... You knew him as Vexen – but to us he was Ansem's apprentice, Even." Ienzo says.

"What's wrong with Even?" Ruby asks.

"He was recompleted like the rest of us, but he hadn't regained consciousness yet. Then, sometime after Lea left, Even vanished. Aeleus and Dilan – the two you knew as Lexaeus and Xaldin – they went out looking for him, but... he's just gone. And I'm starting to worry." Ienzo explains.

"He's missing?!" Ruby asks, "How are we going to get Roxas back now..." She got worried.

"You think he's on their side?" Sora asks.

"I think it's a real possibility." Ienzo says, "He's a devious researcher. You should be careful."

"Alright, thanks." Sora replies.

"Oh no! We got work! I totally forgot!" Hayner exclaims.

""Really? But what about all this?" Pence asks.

"Hey, both are important. We're gonna need some cash to go to the beach. Also, don't forget the pretzels. Gotta buy five now." Hayner states and Ruby looks at Hayner.

"Yeah. Roxas and I would love to go." Ruby explains.

"Oh, I get it!" Pence exclaims.

"He's thinking ahead." Olette explains.

"Later, Sora, Ruby." Hayner states.

"Yeah, see ya, Hayner." Sora explains.

"Bye Donald, Goofy." Olette says.

"Good-bye!" Donald and Goofy exclaim in unison.

"Oh, and since I'm manning the computer here, you guys are in charge of earning my share." Pence explains.

"No pretzel for Pence." Hayner teases.

"Hey!" Pence exclaims and Olette laughs as the two run from the room. Ruby looks at Sora.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.6K 630 30
Y/n a girl from who is a very talented keyblade master known threw out the world. She is soon kidnapped after her small encounter with Sora, Donald...
6.8K 223 21
(Book 2) 10 years after a raging battle against Xehanort and Vanitas, Hikari goes on a new adventure with Sora, Donald and Goofy to search for Riku...
196 2 10
[Fanfiction of KH Universe] Story takes place after Riku has entered the world where Sora might be. A world called Quadratum. Strelitzia is an unknow...
5.9K 164 24
(Book 4) After a year of sleeping and getting her memories back, Hikari continues her journey with Sora, Donald and Goofy to search for Riku and King...