"Love Barrier" | Kim Mingyu

By jeongji_a

A family barrier against their relationship and when four people are involving and get hurt in a different wa... More

Noted
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43

28

216 10 0
By jeongji_a

Jia's POV

Jia babe. I love how your eyes sparkles every time I called you this. Hehe Babe. Last night I was out of control and became stupidly dumb and like the fool i was, I scared you. I want to let u know that I couldn't get a wink of sleep last night and I deserve it, so here I am asking for your forgiveness. You probably think I'm a weirdo cuz who still writes these day? Me! Becuz at the end of the day letter still better than text, isn't it? ...... I had so many things to say 5 minutes ago but when I grabbed my pen, suddenly I forgot it all (crying face). So if you're reading this I hope you can feel my sincerity and regret. I should have said this earlier, that I Love You. You are the fuel to my engine and in order to make my life goes on I need you. I Love you a lot and ♾️.

Mingyu Pabo.

Mingyu pabo, my cutest pabo. I placed down the letter back to the desk. My maid referred him as 'a red car boy' who was here since dawned with two bowl of hangover soups and this envelope which they have no idea what is inside. My head hurts from the hangover but I still managed to smile, to feel the warm in my heart. I can imagine how he was up all night feeling guilty then came up with this ideas even though last night I made it clear that I'm fine. He still needs to makes sure and it's the thought that counts. I don't mind waking up to read it everyday or every ten minutes if he keeps sending.

Despite the act of aggressiveness when he's mad, I realised that this is all for love and possessiveness that he needs to protect for his own. I would do the same if the card reversed and it was me in the position.

"What are those?"  I ask my maid. I know this brand and I think I know what's inside. "Who bought the camera? The red car boy?" 

She shakes her head and brings the bag to me, "This is from Jeon's residence. They dropped it this morning."  She hesitated a bit before she continued. "They gave us a lot and you didn't even open one. It already filled up the whole room upstairs."

I take a moment to absorb her words. She was right, they always have something to send us and I always leave it the ways it came. I don't even bother to check what's inside. And when they mentioned Jeon's residence, it's no one other than Jungkook. He remembers how i said i like Taehyung's camera last night.

"Leave this one to me."  I told her and proceeded to unbox the camera. It's HASSEBLAD model X2D 100C, and with extra lens too which i believe is no less than 9 grands.

                     ______________________

Without hesitation I picked up the red one, since Mingyu likes it, to style with my red mini Kelly which he got me last week. We're not dating tonight but we have dinner at Wonwoo's place which I got invited by his mother this afternoon, along with the boys too. I'm a little anxious to face them after got exposed yesterday, even though with Mingyu's helped, still, I need to talk to them myself.

"Where are you going?" My father asked, eyeing me from head to toes like he was suspecting me to go out and do something bad. "Your grades aren't pleased me this month, are you aware of that?"

"But dad, I promised with Wonwoo's mom already." I pout and try to remind him that she is Admiral Kim go-eun who he was so happy to see last night. And one of the top people he seeks connection with. His eyes widened hearing the name I mentioned and I'm sad I didn't get to take pictures of the face he made when he said, 'ohh really' and, 'then why are you still here. Go.' He rushed me like he wasn't about to kick me back to my room 2 minutes ago. Now he is worried about how to get me there faster.

I just found out that it is not that difficult to convince him as long as I'm doing something useful, in a way that benefit him. My father is a genius and I like his intelligences but at the same time I don't like him being too smart and the ways that he sees everyone as his tools of success. Because sooner or later, I'll also be use.

I didn't tell Mingyu to pick me up today since I don't want anyone to suspect us more than they already do, I hope not. Because he offered to drive me every time, buy my breakfast and lunch, the only person who knows what's going on between me and Jungkook and even help me explained my points to our friends even though he hates Jungkook the most of all people. I'm more than sure it feel off to them. Since I'm closest to Jeonghan they expected me to tell him first, not Mingyu. This is also odd, even to me.

"What takes you so long Liarrrr" speaking of the devil. Jeonghan running to me and wrapping his arm around my neck like they do in Jiu-Jitsu. I realized that the whole house are all waiting only for me and I feel so bad because this is not just us but Wonwoo's family too.

I hit Jeonghan's head and push his arm off my shoulder and walk to Wonwoo's parents who's smiling at me, to give them a properly greeting. I bow and handed over the two bottles of fine wine I brought from home. My father said it rude when you go to someone's house empty hand. "This is my dad's favorite and he wants you to try it, uncle, auntie."

It's my first time seeing his father. He's exactly what Wonwoo going to look like when he grow old. "Omo! Uri Jia. Say thank you to your dad for us okay?" His mother pats my head and gives me a hug. Is it having a mother should feel like? Because it's so warm I almost don't want to let go. "You don't have to bring anything next time, arasseo? Make yourself at home, like our boys."  She pats my head one last time and tell me to go to my seat before she orders the foods to come out.

Mingyu intentionally making a seat next to him empty so when i make my way there it is going to look like unplanned. We all taking our own seats around the big dining table as I'm being a sandwich between Mingyu and Scoups who won't stop messing with my hair.

"How's the party last night Jia?"  Scoups blurted, turning everyone's attention on me. I can feel that they start to smirked at me, they already know what happened but they just want to catch me lacking. These bitches.

"You looked like you had a great time. We're not 5 years old, just say it Jia."  Seungkwan mocking me as they all laugh out loud, seeing my speechless expression. I don't think they take it serious anymore because if they still mad they won't joke around like that. I know them very well.

"Yes, she did have a great time."  Mingyu put his hand on my thigh and ask innocently. "Were you?"  He smirked and acts like he wasn't at my house at 3am, throwing hand this and there and saw my puke.

So I just play along and said, "Yes. I had a very very fun night. I think I should go often."  I smile sweetly back at them as if Jungkook's place is somewhere I visit frequently while Dk, Dino and Seungkwan groaning loudly at my reply and the rest gives me a,  'girl, you for real?' looks.

Only just now, I realised how lucky I am. Growing up with no friend (had one but gone to heaven) and now I have 13. Funny right? These boys show me how precious life can be when you have back up, have people to go to, to bicker with, to take you to every new café because you like taking pictures and people who got you two sets of Dyson Airwrap just because they don't know what colour you prefer. All of this comes in a form of friendship. A friendship that don't hold grudges and can forgive you so easily. They're forever my boy and I'll forever be their girl.

Truly a god's blessing.

"Are you two a thing?" Wonwoo's sister throw one question that got me off guard because she's referring to me and Mingyu. I can feels both our hearts jump out at the same time.

Before we can deny, her mother also added, "I was about to ask too." She said so casually while chewing on her food. The boys start bursting out laughing, they thought it was a ridiculous question, not knowing the ridiculous thing she said is the last thing we want them to find out. I'm sure they can feel the high tension between us and how we look at each other when our friends were being too careless to notice these small gestures.

Wonwoo who still chuckling, turning to his mother and answer for us who are completely dumbfounded on the spot. "Mom, Mingyu has a girlfriend." He continues, "Don't you remember Nabi? She was here before."

Her again.

"Oh right! I remember her." She tell Mingyu, very interestedly. "Next time take her with you okay?" He nodded awkwardly at her as we make eyes contact.

The boys enjoy the dinner so much, they talk, they make jokes, they play around like how they always do and they drink with Wonwoo's parents, who being the chillest parents I've seen.

But I don't drink neither I say anything, I just look at Mingyu, plainly, because right now this feel like someone has just slapped me right in the face. I better get slapped than to have people cluelessly insulted me like that. Not their fault, they don't know anything, but at this moment I feel so angry, so upset and so disappointed and I don't know who to blame. Maybe Mingyu?

Or maybe myself.

___________________________

(THEIR FAMILY STATUS)

Mingyu—  the youngest son of Kim Tae. The candidate of the South Korea national Assembly elections that has the most supporters among all parties and is expected to be the next Prim Minister.

Scoups— the youngest son of General Choi Woobin, the Republic of Korean Minister of National Defence. Is the father-in-law of Kim Tae's oldest son and also Kim Tae's biggest backup for the PM position on the connection of children's marriage (Mingyu's older sister).

Wonwoo— Oldest son of the Admiral Kim Go-Eun, first female Chief of Naval Operations of the Republic of Korean.

Jeonghan and Hoshi — Grandchildren of the South Korea former Minister of Education, Yoon In-Tak. And son of the current principal and vice principal of the most expensive academy in Seoul, The Halley.

Seungkwan— the second son of Boo Sung-Man, the CEO of South Korea Broadcasting Corporation company.

The8 — An only son of Xu Zihan, the CEO of Xu Ming, the Chinese-South Korea import & export company.

Jun— second son of Wen Hao, the Chinese Ambassador to South Korea.

Vernon— oldest son of Melissa Willson, the United State first female Ambassador to South Korea.

Joshua— an only son of Hong Jungki, the CEO and the owner of the biggest medical centre in South Korea. Hong Hospital.

Dk—Dino—Woozi—  are relatives and sons of the Lee bloodline that runs the biggest Kpop entertainment company and the shareholder of many other companies.

Jia— an only daughter of Baek Beom-Seok, one of the top 3 successful businessman in South Korea real estate and the CEO of BJ group.

Jungkook—  youngest son of Jeon Cheol-San, one of the richest, powerful businessman (aka mafia) who import all kind of Weapons and Ammunition for the South Korea military.

Uri Wonu's instagram

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 125 11
- forced marriage type of melodrama -seventeen //Joshua hong
18K 679 19
In which a delightful junior fell first, but the snobbish senior fell harder. Started: 08/04/22 Ended: 08/12/22 Reading Time: 48 minutes [UNEDITED...
176K 5.5K 43
Chan and Jia Mei got engaged for the sake of business. Simple as that. However, as they slowly as they got to know each other over time, their relati...
9.3K 180 17
when jeon wonwoo, the free spirited popular guy, feels like he has a crush on the new, quiet girl, which also is his best friend's younger sister. Wi...