Key to the Heart - A Kingdom...

By PhoenixBunny456

Ruby was born in another world (the real world) and at an early age, she learned that no one has happy ending... More

Chapter 1: Ruby!
Chapter 2: Ruby's First Friends and the New Girl?
Chapter 3: Ruby's First Touch of Loneliness!
Chapter 4: First Ever Reunion!
Chapter 5: Inseparable Friends!
Chapter 6: Friendly Conversations!
Chapter 7: Secrets Even in Friendships!
Chapter 8: First Friendship Fight!
Chapter 9: Reconnecting?
Chapter 10: Xion Vanishes!
Chapter 11: Finding Xion!
Chapter 12: Saying Goodbye!
Chapter 13: Sora, Donald and Goofy!
Chapter 14: Ruby Taken Over By Darkness!
Chapter 15: Beast's Castle!
Chapter 16: Saving Beast!
Chapter 17: Land of Dragons!
Chapter 18: Escaping The Underworld!
Chapter 19: Olympus Coliseum!
Chapter 20: Disney Castle Is Under Attack!
Chapter 21: Pirate Tales!
Chapter 22: And Fish Tails!
Chapter 23: The Knight of Nightmare!
Chapter 24: Friends In All Shapes and Sizes!
Chapter 25: The True King of the Pride Lands!
Chapter 26: Not Ready To Say Goodbye Yet!
Chapter 27: DTD
Chapter 28: Reunion At Hollow Bastion!
Chapter 29: Under The Sea and Saving China - Again!
Chapter 31: We'll Meet Again - I'll Make Sure of It!
Chapter 32: Let's Be Friends, Naminé!
Chapter 33: Sora and Riku's Return - Axel's Return To Radiant Gardens!
Chapter 34: Keep Your Hands Off Our Light!
Chapter 35: Heart's Intertwined!
Chapter 36: The Search For Roxas Begins!
Chapter 37: Meeting Little Chef and the Old Mansion Computer!
Chapter 38: Helping Friends!
Chapter 39: Saving Ansem the Wise and Freeing Aqua From Darkness
Chapter 40: Axel and Ventus's Reunion!
Chapter 41: Roxas's Return and the Adopted Siblings Reunite!
Chapter 42: Key To The Heart

Chapter 30: When You Give Your Entire Being In An Attack!

29 0 0
By PhoenixBunny456

"Breath... should I take a deep?" Ruby is shown sitting alone on the clock tower as she stares out at the sunset. "Faith... should I take the leap?" Roxas is shown in his organization thirteen cloaks with the hood up. "Taste... what a bittersweet!" The two are shown walking the opposite direction of one another before they are shown looking at one another from over their shoulders. "All my, all my life!" Axel is shown walking over to Roxas and putting his arm around his neck and pulling him away. "Let me face!" Ruby is shown looking away as she stands alone. "Let me face!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown running from Nobodies that suddenly attack. "Let me face my fears!" Roxas is shown looking down sadly as he was forced to follow orders. "Let me face! Let me face! Let me face my fears!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown laughing as she sits next to Roxas as the two talk. "Won't be long!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown standing with shock on her face as Roxas is shown standing in front of her. "Won't be long!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown crying as she stands alone. "I'm almost here!" Light flashes as Sora and Roxas are shown on separate screens before Roxas is shown fading away and Sora is shown alone. "Watch me cry all my tears!" Ruby is staring at the sky as it looks like doves fly around her. "Let me face!" Light flashes as Ruby is shown floating back as she reaches up. "Let me face!" Roxas, Ruby, Xion and Axel are shown laughing together as Ruby and Roxas sit beside one another. "Let me face my fears!" Music continues to play as Ruby and Roxas are shown reuniting before Ruby is shown sitting alone as she stares out at the sky and the title is shown above her.

[A Few Weeks Later]

Ruby kept her eyes on the sky. Every world they went to, she was staring at the sky. They wrapped up everything in all the worlds. First they saved Beast and Belle from breaking up for good. Then they returned to Port Royal and helped out their pirate friends again. Afterwards, they went to the Coliseum to see how Hercules was doing with Meg. They stopped by Halloween Town and finished up what they needed to do there. Just after that, they headed back to Atlantica and helped Ariel get the Prince of her Dreams. After that they went to the Pride Lands and saw how good of a King that Simba was becoming. Finally, they returned to Hollow Bastion and Sora, Donald and Goofy headed into the computer to finish helping Tron with his fight against the MCP. Tron became the computer and he discovered he was ticklish which resulted in Sora tickling him some more. Tron transformed Hollow Bastion into what it used to be, the Radiant Garden. Ruby gained some memories of someone who used to live in Radiant Garden before he became a Nobody, Axel. It was a memory that she needed to help bring Axel to their side.

[Twilight Town]

"Hey, I think we're almost there." Goofy explains.

"We're in Twilight Town, Goofy." Ruby states and giggles.

"We're here for the pictures, right?" Goofy asks.

"Oh yeah, the pictures of me and Roxas with the group." Ruby explains. Ruby led the group to the mansion and Ruby gasps as she spots her friends laying on the ground in front of the mansion gates.

"Hayner! Pence! Olette!" Ruby exclaims.

"Hey, are you alright?" Sora asks running over to them with Ruby.

"Ruby..." Olette states.

"We came here looking for Kairi... Then those white things attacked us..." Hayner explains.

"You gotta be careful." Donald warns.

"Yeah, you guys didn't have to go and do that." Sora says.

"Of course, we did! Kairi's our friend, too, ya know." Hayner yells out.

"You're right. But she wouldn't want you three to do anything reckless." Ruby explains.

"I never thought of it like that before." Sora adds.

"Word is, this mansion gets a lot of really strange visitors." Hayner explains.

"It's the subject of a lot of visitors. I used to come here with Roxas and Axel a few times. Well, I'd meet them here at least." Ruby explains.

"We thought this place might be the gateway to some kind of alternate Twilight Town." Olette announces. Ruby looks at Sora then at Olette.

"What do you mean alternate Twilight Town?" Sora asks.

"Hey, Goofy, do you think we could see that Crystal of yours?" Pence asks. Goofy gets it out with the pouch.

"I made that pouch myself and I still have it." Olette explains as well, "So there shouldn't be two of them here."

"And this is the trophy that Seifer gave you." Hayner explains, "You left it behind, remember?"

"It's the only one of its kind." Pence adds, "Same for the crystals. Red, blue, yellow and green. Only one of each other. But you've got your own."

"So... where'd you get it?" Hayner asks.

"The pouch is from the king. When he gave us munny for the train ride, he gave us the crystal too." Goofy explains.

"But then... where did the King get it?" Pence asks.

"See? There's gotta be another town out there like this one." Hayner explains, "That would explain how the King got that pouch and the crystal. Everything makes sense."

"It does?" Sora asks.

"That other town must be where whatever's missing from here went." Pence explains.

"Like Kairi!" Olette exclaims.

"I get it." Sora states before they are attacked by Nobodies.

"Sora!" Ruby exclaims. They go to attack the Dusk Nobodies when Mickey appears to help.

"Watch out!" Mickey exclaims.

"Your majesty!" Ruby exclaims. They easily defeat the Dusk Nobodies.

"I got somethin' to tell ya! I found out where Ansem is - Ansem the Wise! The real Ansem!" Mickey exclaims.

"Really?" Ruby asks.

"He snuck into Organization Thirteen's Stronghold!" Mickey exclaims.

"And we've figured out where Kairi is! I'm pretty sure we're right!" Sora replies.

"But why'd you all come here?" Mickey asks.

"Someone gave us a clue." Sora explains.

"Who?" Mickey asks.

"Well, your majesty, Sora thinks it might've been Riku." Goofy announces.

"It's just a feeling I had." Sora explains.

"Well, if that's what ya think, then it's probably right." Mickey replies with a nod.

"You mean Riku's okay!" Sora exclaims happily.

"If that's what ya think..." Mickey replies.

"Why do you say it like that?" Ruby asks.

"We've waited long enough, your majesty! Tell us what you know!" Sora demands.

"It's not for me to say." Mickey refuses.

"But your majesty! Why?" Sora asks.

"I don't wanna break my promise." Mickey replies.

"Riku made you promise?" Ruby asks curiously.

"Yes." Mickey says.

"So, he's okay! I can see him again!" Sora exclaims.

"Huh? Who's Riku?" Pence asks.

"My best friend!" Sora exclaims.

"That's it!" Pence exclaims.

"You got the pouch from Riku and you promised not to tell, right?" Olette asks. Mickey nods lightly.

"Gosh, guys..." Mickey replies.

"That's enough!" Donald defends Mickey.

"Yeah, let's go!" Sora exclaims, "Kairi, Riku, we're on our way!" They head inside the mansion. Ruby looked around and she felt a familiar feeling.

"I sense Roxas..." Ruby explains, "He was here." They head in search of a computer. They get to the lab and find the computer.

"There!" Mickey exclaims.

"We found it!" Sora states and runs over with the others.

"How does it work?" Donald asks.

"I can handle it." Pence states and begins typing into the computer.

"Okay... Here we go... Oh..." Pence states.

"What's wrong?" Sora asks.

"Can't go any further without a password." Pence replies.

"Do ya have any idea what the password might be?" Mickey asks.

"Well, we only got this photo..." Goofy states.

"And the Sea-Salt Ice cream. It was Roxas and my favorite!" Ruby exclaims, "We'd eat it atop the clock tower every day..." Pence puts the password in.

"It worked!" Pence exclaims.

"We'll be here to hold down the fort." Hayner exclaims.

"Say hi to Kairi." Olette explains.

"You bet." Sora replies.

"Ruby, are you sure you want to come?" Mickey asks.

"The datascape was the last place Roxas was. Given how much I miss him, I'm going." Ruby replies. Mickey nods. The five of them get zapped into the datascape. Ruby looks around. As soon as Ruby entered, she got all of Roxas's memories in this world. She grabbed onto the wall and her eyes widened. Tears came to her eyes and she started sobbing.

"Ruby!" Sora exclaims. A gentle theme begins to play.

"I'm okay." Ruby replies, "I got Roxas's memories in here..."

"Are we back in the same place?" Sora asks.

"Look!" Donald exclaims and they look at the destroyed computer.

"Roxas did that..." Ruby whispers.

"Really?" Sora asks.

"I saw it in his memories." Ruby explains. They head into the other room and find the entrance to the Realm of Darkness. Ruby gulps as she looks at the portal.

"There..." Sora replies.

"I'm nervous..." Ruby states. They herald inside the portal. Ruby was the last person to enter. She looks around.

What is this place?" Sora asks.

"Well, which was should we go?" Donald asks.

"Riku! Kairi!" Sora calls out. They get attacked and Ruby gasps in shock. Sora, Donald and Goofy defend her as usual. They easy defeat the Dusks and deal the final blow. More appear and Ruby gasps.

"It's no use!" Sora exclaims.

"Don't stop moving, or the darkness will overtake you." A familiar voice calls out.

"Axel!" Ruby exclaims as she felt safer with Axel and Sora there.

"Get goin!" Axel exclaims.

"Why?" Sora asks.

"Don't ask questions! Go!" Axel yells before he's attacked. Ruby rushes over to him without thinking.

"Axel!" Ruby exclaims.

"You okay?" Sora asks.

"Look, I kidnapped Kairi but she got away from me. After that, Saïx caught her. He's a member of Organization Thirteen, Saïx. Got it memorized? Now go save her!" Axel asks. Sora stops a dusk from attacking Ruby.

"LEAVE US ALONE!" Sora demands. Axel and Sora fight the Dusks. Ruby gasps as she saw Axel using too much power.

"Axel!" Ruby exclaims

"I think I liked it better when they were on my side." Axel explains.

"Were you truly ever on their side?" Ruby asks. Axel laughs, a genuine laugh.

"This feels like old times, Ruby. You, me and..." Axel states.

"Sora knows. Roxas is inside his Heart." Ruby explains.

"Yeah..." Axel replies.

"Feeling a little... regret?" Sora teases.

"Nah, I can handle these punks. Watch this!" Axel exclaims. He puts his entire being into an attack. All the dusks are defeated but it wasn't without a cost however.

"Axel!" Ruby exclaims and runs over to him with Sora.

"You're... fading away." Sora states.

"Well, that's what happens when you put your entire being into an attack." Axel admits.

"No! No, Axel! Don't leave me too, please!" Ruby pleads. Axel places his hand on her cheek as a tear slid down her cheek,

"You two were my best friends." Axel replies.

"You promise! You promised you'd come back to the clock tower! We'd have ice cream like we always do!" Ruby exclaims.

"I'm sorry, Ruby. I'm gonna have to break that promise." Axel replies.

"No! Not if you don't die!" Ruby pleads, "I already lost Roxas! I can't lose you too!" The gentle theme continues as Ruby looks down at Axel.

"Roxas is a lucky guy... you know?" Axel asks, "To have all your love."

"I love you too. You're my best friend. You're like a big brother!" Ruby exclaims.

"And you were like a little sister to me." Axel explains and looks at Sora.

"Axel..." Sora states, "We can still get you some help!"

Go, find Kairi." Axel says and opens a portal for them, "Oh and I'm sorry for what I did to her."

"When we find her, you can tell her yourself." Sora says.

"I think I'll pass. My heart, just wouldn't be in, you know?" Axel asks, "Haven't got one."

"Axel..." Ruby pleads.

"I had to protect you for Roxas. He's sleeping on the job... After all, you're the Clock Tower Princess." Axel explains.

"I-I'm not a princess." Ruby explains.

"You are... You're a princess. It's how you've got powers. You're the Princess of Connections. Of Friendship... The stronger friends you are... the stronger your friends are. It was how Roxas and I were." Axel explains, "You know with Roxas... I wanted to see Roxas. He... was the only one I liked... He made me feel... like I had a heart. It's kinda funny. You make me feel... the same. Kairi's in the castle dungeon. Now go!"

"Axel..." Sora states. Ruby watches as Axel fades away and she starts sobbing.

"AXEL!" Ruby screams out.

"Ruby, we have to go..." Sora states.

"I'll just be in the way!" Ruby explains.

"You can't stay here..." Sora replies.

"Maybe I should fade away like Axel." Ruby states.

"Roxas wouldn't like that!" Sora exclaims.

"I'm alone!" Ruby explains.

"Ruby. you're not alone. You've got me, Donald and Goofy and Roxas is still here. He's inside my heart and you promised you'd free him without me turning into a Heartless again. You have to keep that promise to Roxas!" Sora explains. Ruby looks at Sora.

"I see him in you every day..." Ruby replies, "The distance between us is so small yet so big."

"We'll bring him back together." Sora explains, "I promise." He looks at Ruby and nods at her. Ruby gets tears in her eyes and she moves to her feet.

"I'll go... to give belief that you'll bring the Organization down!" Ruby explains.

"Then let's go!" Donald exclaims.

'Roxas, Axel, Xion. I'll bring you all back. I'll bring you all back even without me falling to darkness.' Ruby exclaims as she looks forward. They head into the portal, running together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 149 16
A year after the events of their last adventure, Sora, Kairi, Riku are now setting down to rest. But now, they're about to take on their ultimate jou...
5.9K 164 24
(Book 4) After a year of sleeping and getting her memories back, Hikari continues her journey with Sora, Donald and Goofy to search for Riku and King...
3.2K 83 12
(Book 6) After learning of Master Xehanort's impending return, King Mickey, Master Yen Sid and Hikari puts Sora and Riku through the Mark of Mastery...
5.7K 47 12
Y/N's just a normal girl. Living a good life in Radiant Garden. Until one day she's walking home and she spots some of her friends in trouble. They'r...