Key to the Heart - A Kingdom...

By PhoenixBunny456

Ruby was born in another world (the real world) and at an early age, she learned that no one has happy ending... More

Chapter 1: Ruby!
Chapter 2: Ruby's First Friends and the New Girl?
Chapter 3: Ruby's First Touch of Loneliness!
Chapter 4: First Ever Reunion!
Chapter 5: Inseparable Friends!
Chapter 6: Friendly Conversations!
Chapter 7: Secrets Even in Friendships!
Chapter 8: First Friendship Fight!
Chapter 9: Reconnecting?
Chapter 10: Xion Vanishes!
Chapter 11: Finding Xion!
Chapter 12: Saying Goodbye!
Chapter 13: Sora, Donald and Goofy!
Chapter 14: Ruby Taken Over By Darkness!
Chapter 15: Beast's Castle!
Chapter 16: Saving Beast!
Chapter 17: Land of Dragons!
Chapter 18: Escaping The Underworld!
Chapter 19: Olympus Coliseum!
Chapter 20: Disney Castle Is Under Attack!
Chapter 21: Pirate Tales!
Chapter 22: And Fish Tails!
Chapter 23: The Knight of Nightmare!
Chapter 24: Friends In All Shapes and Sizes!
Chapter 26: Not Ready To Say Goodbye Yet!
Chapter 27: DTD
Chapter 28: Reunion At Hollow Bastion!
Chapter 29: Under The Sea and Saving China - Again!
Chapter 30: When You Give Your Entire Being In An Attack!
Chapter 31: We'll Meet Again - I'll Make Sure of It!
Chapter 32: Let's Be Friends, Naminé!
Chapter 33: Sora and Riku's Return - Axel's Return To Radiant Gardens!
Chapter 34: Keep Your Hands Off Our Light!
Chapter 35: Heart's Intertwined!
Chapter 36: The Search For Roxas Begins!
Chapter 37: Meeting Little Chef and the Old Mansion Computer!
Chapter 38: Helping Friends!
Chapter 39: Saving Ansem the Wise and Freeing Aqua From Darkness
Chapter 40: Axel and Ventus's Reunion!
Chapter 41: Roxas's Return and the Adopted Siblings Reunite!
Chapter 42: Key To The Heart

Chapter 25: The True King of the Pride Lands!

20 1 0
By PhoenixBunny456

"Breath... should I take a deep?" Ruby is shown sitting alone on the clock tower as she stares out at the sunset. "Faith... should I take the leap?" Roxas is shown in his organization thirteen cloaks with the hood up. "Taste... what a bittersweet!" The two are shown walking the opposite direction of one another before they are shown looking at one another from over their shoulders. "All my, all my life!" Axel is shown walking over to Roxas and putting his arm around his neck and pulling him away. "Let me face!" Ruby is shown looking away as she stands alone. "Let me face!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown running from Nobodies that suddenly attack. "Let me face my fears!" Roxas is shown looking down sadly as he was forced to follow orders. "Let me face! Let me face! Let me face my fears!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown laughing as she sits next to Roxas as the two talk. "Won't be long!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown standing with shock on her face as Roxas is shown standing in front of her. "Won't be long!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown crying as she stands alone. "I'm almost here!" Light flashes as Sora and Roxas are shown on separate screens before Roxas is shown fading away and Sora is shown alone. "Watch me cry all my tears!" Ruby is staring at the sky as it looks like doves fly around her. "Let me face!" Light flashes as Ruby is shown floating back as she reaches up. "Let me face!" Roxas, Ruby, Xion and Axel are shown laughing together as Ruby and Roxas sit beside one another. "Let me face my fears!" Music continues to play as Ruby and Roxas are shown reuniting before Ruby is shown sitting alone as she stares out at the sky and the title is shown above her.

"What happened to you?" Simba asks Sora. All of a sudden, they hear screams. Ruby looks over towards the jungle behind them. They separated from Nala because she was hungry.

"Help! Simba! HELP! SHE'S GONNA EAT US!" Voices yell.

"Timon? Pumbaa! Something must have happened in the jungle! I have to go help my friends!" Simba says.

"Okay, we'll back you up!" Sora explains.

"I wonder if the she... is..." Ruby replies as she follows after them. They run towards the area and find Timon and Pumbaa cowering as Nala was about to pounce on them. Simba suddenly tackles her and the two lions begin to fight.

"Simba! Wait!" Sora yells out as the two lions roar, "It's Nala! Don't you recognize her?" Sora asks. The two fight and suddenly Nala pins him like she used to when they were cubs.

"Girls always win." Ruby states and sits beside Sora flicking her tail at him.

"Nala?" Simba asks and Nala sits back in shock, "It's me, Simba."

"Simba!" Nala says and the two bump heads happily, "You are alive!"

"Hey, what's going on here?" Timon asks.

"A Meerkat!" Ruby exclaims and tackles Timon and wraps her paws around him, "So cute!"

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Don't eat me!" Timon exclaims. Timon and Pumbaa scream in shock at Sora, Donald and Goofy and run to Simba.

"Don't worry. They're all friends of mine." Simba explains.

"Except me. We just met." Ruby explains.

"So, that means... nobody's planning to eat anybody else for lunch, right?" Timon asks. Ruby pokes at his back in a petting motion and he bats her off.

"Are you sure they don't want to eat me like I'm some kind of pig?" Pumbaa asks.

"We won't, but you are a pig, right?" Sora asks.

"Call me, Mr. Pig!" Pumbaa explains and everyone laughs.

"Could you guys excuse us for a few minutes?" Simba asks.

"Why am I not surprised?" Timon asks. They watch Simba and Nala walk away. Ruby watches Nala and Simba walk away.

"I think I just realized... they're the true love in this world." Ruby explains.

"What?" Sora asks.

"Every world we've gone to... There's been characters who were the true love of each other... It's like the worlds are trying to teach me... what I wanted to learn..." Ruby explains. Sora didn't get it. They play around with Timon and Pumbaa while Nala and Simba are gone.

"Hakuna..." Timon explains.

"Matata!" Everyone exclaims.

"Hakuna!" Timon states.

"Matata!" Everyone exclaims again. Ruby giggles.

"He's not the Simba I remember. Something about Hakuna Matata." Nala explains walking away.

"What?" Ruby asks.

[Later That Night]

Sora and Ruby sit staring at the sky behind Sora. They watch as the sky changes. Ruby looks up and she pokes Sora with her paw. He was seeing it too. Ruby was in utter disbelief though.

"Whoa..." Ruby whispers.

"Simba... you have forgotten who you are. You must take your place in the Circle of Life." Mufasa states.

"How can I go back? I'm not who I used to be." Simba states.

"Remember who you are." Mufasa explains before he disappears.

"You can all come out now." Simba states. Everyone steps out.

"I'm going back to face my past. I could use your help." Simba states.

"I'm not much help, but I'm there, if you need me." Ruby explains.

"Really?" Sora asks.

"I'm still learning this whole friend thing but... from what I know, friends help friends out when they're in a jam." Ruby explains.

"He really is a king..." Timon states. The sun rises behind Simba.

By Midday they head back to the Pride Lands. Simba was disappointed in how the Pride Lands looked. Ruby was a little sad about how everything looked as well.

"Wait a minute, we're going to fight your uncle for THIS?" Timon asks.

"Yes, Timon. This is my home." Simba explains.

They head out to Pride Rock. Ruby stood back with Sora, Donald and Goofy letting the true lions handle everything.

"Simba - You're alive!" Scar exclaims.

"This kingdom doesn't belong to you." Simba explains.

"Simba's the rightful king." Nala exclaims.

"The choice is yours, Scar. Either step down or fight." Simba demands.

"Must this all end in violence?" Scar asks, "I'd hate to be responsible for the death of a family member, Simba..."

"I've put the past behind me." Simba growls.

"But what about your faithful subjects? Have they?" Scar asks.

"Simba, what's he talking about?" Nala asks.

"Go on. Tell them who's responsible for Mufasa's death." Scar states.

"I am." Simba mutters. Nala was shocked.

"He admits it. Murderer." Scar states, "If it weren't for you, Mufasa would still be alive. Do you deny it?"

"No! But it was an accident!" Simba exclaims.

"You're in trouble again. But this time, Daddy isn't here to save you." Scar states, "And now everyone knows why!" Scar pushes Simba to the edge of pride rock.

"Simba!" Ruby exclaims in shock.

"This is his fight!" Sora exclaims.

"But–" Ruby explains.

"Simba can handle this. I believe in him." Sora explains.

"Now this looks familiar. I think I've seen this before. Oh, yes. I remember. This is just the way your father looked... before he died." Scar admits quietly to Simba. Scar grabs Simba's paws with his own as well as his claws.

"And here's my little secret... I killed Mufasa." Scar whispers into Simba's ear and Simba gasps. Simba gets the strength and jumps up and tackles Scar.

"Murderer!" Simba yells, "Tell them the truth!"

"Alright. Alright. I did it." Scar admits.

"Louder!" Simba growls.

"I... killed... Mufasa!" Scar admits loudly. They hyenas arrive and tackle Simba off Scar. Scar takes off.

"Simba! You get Scar! We'll handle these guys!" Sora yells out rushing over with Ruby. Timon and Pumbaa barrel through before the hyenas. The group all fights. Ruby uses her teeth and grabs a Hyena's leg and Sora fights off the Hyenas and they win the fight, chasing the hyenas off.

"Where's Simba?!" Sora asks.

"He went up there!" Nala exclaims.

"Let's go!" Ruby explains. They rush to the higher peak. They find Simba and Scar circling each other. Scar and Simba fighting. Scar tackles Simba and Simba throws him off.

"You're okay!" Sora exclaims.

"This isn't over by a long shot!" Pete yells and Ruby runs over to Sora from where she was standing, which is where Pete was now standing, "Anger and jealousy turned the king of Pride Rock into a Heartless. Oh, your kingdom's going to rise again. But this time as the Pride Lands of Darkness."

"That's what you think!" Simba exclaims.

"Just like old times, Simba?" Sora asks.

"Exactly." Simba replies. The battle begins and Sora, Simba, Donald and Goofy fight off Scar. Ruby tries to help where she could but mainly ran from Scar who singled her out as weak. Simba and Sora team up like they used to and do their Proud Roar. Ruby throws back her head and joins in which causes the attack to be stronger. They defeat Scar. The Heartless exits Scar and they look over towards him.

After everything is finished, Simba walks out towards everyone atop Pride Rock. Simba lets out a roar and Ruby's eyes widen. Everyone roars with him.

"Whoa. Simba's amazing." Ruby replies. The clouds return and Mufasa shows himself in the clouds. A light appears around Mufasa.

"Sora, the keyhole." Ruby explains.

"Right!" Sora exclaims and unlocks the world.

"Hey, what's with the light show?" Timon asks.

"We have to say good-bye for a little while." Sora explains.

"I'll go tell Simba." Pumbaa announces.

"Aw, he's probably busy. Just tell him we'll be back soon." Goofy explains.

"Oh, that's right - he's king now." Timon states, "He's gonna be so busy, he'll probably forget about his two best buddies."

"Well, you always got hakuna matata right?" Sora asks.

"Guess so." Pumbaa explains.

"What do you mean guess so? What if he forgets to tell the carnivores who we are? One look at you, and you're a pig roast!" Timon exclaims.

"That's MISTER pig Roast." Donald jokes.

"Same thing! And I'm not sticking around to be anybody's pork dinner!" Pumbaa exclaims.

"Pumbaa!" Timon yells.

"You can never forget your true buddies." Sora explains.

"True buddies..." Ruby explains and she closes her eyes. She gets flashes of her friends.

[Vision]

Ruby walks towards her spot to sit on the clock tower with Roxas, Axel and Xion. She saw them goofing off already. Ruby heads over and joins the three of them and laughs with the three of them.

[Present]

"Ruby, are you ready to go?" Sora asks.

"Where are we going next, Sora?" Ruby asks.

"Honestly... we think it's time to take you home." Sora replies.

"Were going back to Twilight Town?" Ruby asks.

"Yeah." Sora replies as they return to the gummiship and Sora sets a course for Twilight Town.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 121 35
Hana (Japanese pronunciation not Hanna) has always been friends with Lea and Isa. Unlike them, she'd rather spend her time tending to the flowers in...
2.3K 87 16
(Book 3) After Kirihax was brought into the Organization with Roxas, her life changes and so is Roxas's. However, their lives changed even more when...
12.9K 262 30
(Book 7) Hikari goes with Sora, Donald and Goofy to embark on a new journey to unlock her true power of the Princess of Kingdom Hearts and help Sora...
189 2 10
[Fanfiction of KH Universe] Story takes place after Riku has entered the world where Sora might be. A world called Quadratum. Strelitzia is an unknow...