where she belongs

由 Twisted_Romantik

After reuniting with her late husband's brother, Pandora finds herself slowly getting closer to him after not... 更多

Characters
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty eight
chapter thirty nine

chapter one

25 2 0
由 Twisted_Romantik

How we met

Pandora's point of view

I had returned to my late husband's ranch so I could find out what was going on with Luke but he has since stopped contacting me along with not having anything to do with our kids, I had become closer to Kolter's brother Kaleb after we took turns trying to tame a horse we named Smoky.

I was in Hawaii with Theo and Brit while they celebrated my 30th birthday with me when I seen him walking towards us while we waited for our luggage.

I haven't seen him for several years, even though we agreed to remain friends and I knew being away from him for that long probably broke his heart for awhile but I needed to focus on my children more. I hadn't been expecting him to come but I heard Riley ask me about him as he continued walking towards where we were standing as we kept waiting for our luggage.

Riley: who's that mama?

Pandora: he's a really good friend of mine. Theo, can you watch my kids for me?

Theodore: sure.

I walked to where he was and seen him stop in front of me while he gently placed his hand in mine, I closed my hand around his and began talking to him.

Pandora: I'm surprised to see you here.

Kaleb: I couldn't miss your birthday and your friends invited me. I wasn't sure what to buy for you so I decided to get something for you last minute. I know it's not much but I hope you like it.

I watched as he pulled something out of his bag and quickly gave it to me. I slowly unwrapped it and seen a necklace box, I opened it up and seen a beautiful silver necklace with a heart shaped pendant at the end.

Pandora: it's beautiful but you didn't have to buy me anything, you showing up is enough for me. Thank you.

Kaleb: are those your kids?

Pandora: that's them...

Kaleb: they're getting so big, I remember when little Scarlett was a tiny thing.

I looked over at them and noticed what he was talking about, They have grown tremendously since I left the ranch.

Pandora: so how are things back on the ranch?

Kaleb: things are good, the guys wanted me to say hello for them. They really do miss you and Smoky...

Pandora: you kept Smoky?

Kaleb: yeah and you should see his daughter, she's a beauty.

Pandora: sounds like I missed alot since I moved back to the city, I will have to visit again. How's your dad doing?

Kaleb: he passed away last week so now I'm in charge of the ranch and everything it stands for.

Pandora: I'm sorry for your loss Kaleb, if I knew I would have went to pay my respects. He was a good man.

Kaleb: yeah and his dying request was that I'd get the girl back, I didn't know who he meant at first but when he grabbed a photo of you and my brother, I...

I looked him in his face and felt him place his hand over mine as he gently squeezed it before looking in my eyes.

Kaleb: he wanted me to be happy with you.

Pandora: I am happy that you're here.

Kaleb: being next to you makes me happy.

I felt him place his other hand on my lower back and pulled me close to him then felt him kiss the top of my head.

Pandora: we should get to the resort hotel.

Kaleb: are you going to introduce me to your friends?

Pandora: sure, come on...

I felt him place his fingers through mine as we walked towards Britney and Theo.

Pandora: guys this is Kaleb and Kaleb this is Britney and Theo.

Theodore: it's nice to meet you Kaleb.

Britney: pleasure to meet you Kaleb, Pandora has talked alot about you.

Kaleb: she did?

Britney: yes and if I didn't know any better I'd say she's head over heels for you.

Kaleb: I don't know why she would be, I'm nothing special but I do appreciate the invite.

I acted like what he said didn't bother me but after we all got to our rooms, I went to his room and knocked on the door continuously so he would answer. I seen him standing in the door way with only a towel around his waist as he struggled to keep it on.

Kaleb: what is it?

Pandora: what you said wasn't true, you are special and I don't know why you would say that to my friends and another thing I...

He quickly pulled me towards him and closed the door then decided to let our lips do the talking, I felt him pick me up and pin me against the wall while his hands rested carefully on my thighs. I wrapped my legs around his waist and wrapped my arms around his neck then tangled my fingers through his hair while we continued kissing each other. I felt him pull away and look me in the eyes while he continued holding me.

Kaleb: I only said that to ruffle your feathers, I didn't mean to upset you.

Pandora: you are special Kaleb and I should have realized it before I left.

Kaleb: I would follow you anywhere if it means I get to be next to you whether or not we're friends.

I felt him gently put me down and forgot that he was taller than me as I stood on my tiptoes and gave him another kiss, I opened the door and immediately headed back to my room. I wasn't sure what would happen between us two but I couldn't wait to find out.

The next morning come and I was by the beach with Brit while our kids played in the sand together.

Pandora: I'm glad you talked me into staying for a week, I needed this vacation.

Britney: so what's going to happen when you get back to Vegas?

Pandora: what do you mean?

Britney: I didn't want to say anything but I didn't invite Kaleb just for you to look at and speaking of looks, I seen the way he was staring at you back at the airport. He loves you Panda bear.

Pandora: I know he does...

Britney: so why don't you do something about it? You haven't been with anyone since you and Luke split up.

Pandora: I know that I haven't dated since Luke left five years ago but I have kids now and we're not teenagers anymore Brit.

Britney: girl you have two wonderful kids and I know that you love them to the moon and back but there's also a man here that loves them the same way as you do, are you seriously just going to let that go for just friendship? It's not easy finding a man who is going to treat another man's kids like they're his own and I wouldn't have invited him if I knew that he didn't care about you.

Pandora: me being happy again really means that much to you doesn't it?

Britney: yes girl, I want to see you and Kaleb happy together and I'm sure Riley and Scarlett would want the same thing as well. I'm not asking you to run off and marry him today but he clearly loves you and I know deep down in that country boy loving heart of yours that you love him too.

Pandora: I hate that you're right but I don't want to rush into things with him, I only got to know him for two years before I moved back to my old apartment in Vegas.

Britney: two years is long enough to get to know someone, I just want you to settle down again and I have to ask but how old is he?

Pandora: he's 33, his birthday is tomorrow and... oh shoot, I haven't bought him a gift yet. I will be right back.

I picked up Scarlett and told Riley to stay close to Britney so she could keep an eye on him and I rushed to a nearby gift shop that was near the beach. I wasn't sure what to get for him but I seen a advertisement for an all day and night horse ride on the beach for couples. I wasn't sure if he would be interested but I bought us two tickets for tomorrow and I noticed that it would be a private ride so we could spend as much time as we wanted alone along with also buying him a necklace that had a eagle hanging on the end.

I headed back to where Britney was and sat down beside her and watched as Scarlett ran back to where her brother and Andy were playing.

Britney: I hope you bought him something nice.

Pandora: I bought him a necklace.

Britney: I hope he likes it.

I didn't tell her about the private horse ride on the beach because I didn't want anyone knowing especially the kids just in case they told Kaleb.

Pandora: it's the only thing that I could find that he might like and I know what he's going to tell me.

Britney: let me guess "you don't have to buy me anything"

Pandora: not even close, he will say that me spending time with him on his birthday is better than spending money on material things.

Britney: now if that doesn't let you know that he loves you, I don't know what will. He obviously doesn't care for money as long as he gets to see you.

Pandora: I know that he loves me but I don't want to start dating him and we end up not working out.

Britney: what happened between you and Luke wasn't your fault okay? And your dad was wrong for what he did but your dad isn't in the picture anymore and he can't ruin the love you have for whoever you choose to be with.

I was about to say something when I seen Theo sit down next to her.

Theodore: hey baby, hey Andi. What are you two doing up so early?

Britney: we both decided to let the kids play before the beach got too crowded, we thought that they would like to find seashells but they're more interested in the sand.

Theodore: will Kaleb be joining us or is he going to stay in the hotel room all day?

Pandora: I haven't talked with him since last night but I will call him and have him come join us...

I stood up and walked away so they wouldn't hear our conversation, I heard him answer the phone while noticing that he had a deep morning voice.

Kaleb: hello?

Pandora: were you sleeping?

Kaleb: yeah, I didn't sleep much last night cause I couldn't get you off my mind...

Pandora: I don't want to change anything you have planned but I was wondering if you wanted to join us on the beach while it's not crowded?

Kaleb: yeah, I will be there shortly...

Pandora: okay, see you soon.

I heard him end the call and I walked back over to where I was sitting and quietly sat down again...

Britney: so what did he say?

Pandora: he's on the way.

Thirty minutes passed and I felt him sit down behind me, I knew Britney expected me to make a move since she kept motioning for me to do something and I did just to get her to quit, I noticed that he was in a deep conversation with Theo and I laid my head on his shoulder and felt him place his hand in mine while he continued talking with Theo. I seen Britney look at me while smiling behind her cup of coffee, I knew that look and she was thinking of something so I could be alone with Kaleb.

Britney: hey baby, why don't we take the kids to the water park?

Theodore: that's fine with me, do you two want to go to the water park with us?

Kaleb: that's fine with me, how about you baby?

Pandora: that's fine with me.

Theodore: alright let's go.

I watched as Kaleb grabbed Scarlett while Riley walked beside him and Andy ran to Britney and we headed to the water park, It wasn't much but the kids were having fun. I felt Kaleb wrap his arm around my shoulder and I guess I seemed uncomfortable because he immediately became concerned about me.

Kaleb: are you okay Pandora?

Pandora: yeah I just feel drained all of a sudden...

Britney: is it your blood pressure again?

Pandora: it might be, I haven't taken my medicine for it yet since it's still early.

Kaleb: let's get you to your room so you can rest for a minute while you take something for it.

I felt him place his arm behind my knees then placed his other hand on my back and I wrapped my arms around his neck then placed my head against his shoulder while he walked up to my room.

I felt him put me down long enough for me to unlock the door then picked me back up again as he walked into the room. I watched as he handed me my bag and I pulled my blood pressure medication out while I started feeling it dropping, I laid back and waited for it to take effect while he sat in the chair beside the bed and held my hand. I watched as he closed his eyes after he put both of his hands over mine and held his hands close to his face while he whispered something to himself, I fell asleep listening to him whisper even though I couldn't make out what he was saying.

When I woke up I seen Britney sitting on the bed beside me and noticed that Kaleb was gone.

Pandora: where is Kaleb?

Britney: he went back down to the water park to help watch the kids, how are you feeling?

Pandora: I feel better, I hope I didn't scare you guys. I needed to rest for awhile.

Britney: we were a little concerned that it was the same as before, I think Kaleb was concerned the most though. We should go back down if you feel up for it.

Pandora: yeah, let's go that way they won't think something is wrong.

We walked back downstairs and back towards the water park, I seen Theo pat on the side of Kaleb's arm and watched as he turned around and immediately looked relieved to see me. I was about to sit down beside him when I felt him gently pull me on his lap and held me, I gently placed my head on his shoulder after wrapping my arms around his neck.

Britney: I love this for you two, you both are so cute together.

I watched as she took a quick photo of us while we were sitting in the same position. We spent the rest of the night together after putting Riley and Scarlett to bed and decided to walk down the beach and talked.

Kaleb: are you feeling better?

Pandora: I do feel better, thank you for helping me to my room so I could take my medicine.

Kaleb: there isn't anything that I wouldn't do for you.

Pandora: so tomorrow is your birthday, what do you plan on doing?

Kaleb: I hadn't really thought about doing anything cause I need to get back home so I can help the guys catch up with any work that they're behind on. Why do you ask?

Pandora: you come out of your way to spend time with me on my birthday so I figured I could return the favor.

Kaleb: do you have anything planned?

Pandora: I do but it's a surprise even though the event is for couples only, I figured it was something that you would love to do.

Kaleb: I don't want to ruin your plans for tomorrow but if you wanted to do something made for couples, you could have said something.

Pandora: very funny bab-- I mean Kaleb...

Kaleb: it's okay if you want to call me that.

Pandora: I know it's okay but I don't want to rush things between us, I know that you have feelings for me but I don't want to ruin things between us Kaleb. I...

Kaleb: I know about what happened with you and Luke but I'm not going to give you up like he did, you and your kids mean the world to me and I don't want to lose you over your past relationship.

Pandora: I don't want to argue with you so I will go...

I was about to walk away when I felt him gently grab my arm and pulled me towards him, I had my back facing him and felt him wrap his arms around the back of my neck as he let his arms hang down towards my stomach. I placed my hands on his forearms and listened to him talk to me while he continued holding me.

Kaleb: I don't want to argue with you either but I'm powerless to stop you from leaving but I do want to spend time with you tomorrow since you set up whatever you have planned for us to do.

I quickly turned around and seen the look on his face, I knew that he wanted to be more than friends but I needed time to think about it before I got into a new relationship.

Pandora: I love that you want to be a father figure for my kids since Luke decided that he no longer wanted to be in their life anymore but can I think about it before I give you an answer?

Kaleb: take all the time you need to think about it, if you don't give me an answer tomorrow then you know where I will be.

We continued walking down the beach and listened to the sound of waves crashing against the shore before we headed back to the hotel room and got some rest. I laid awake in bed thinking about what I wanted to do when I remembered what he said about my kids meaning the world to him so I crawled out of bed and grabbed my room key and walked to his room and knocked on the door, I waited a few minutes for him to come to the door but he didn't open the door so I started walking back to my room when he softly called my name.

Kaleb: Pandora, it's after midnight. Is something wrong?

Pandora: no, I just wanted to talk with you about something before you went to sleep.

Kaleb: come in and we will talk...

I walked inside the room and heard the door shut as I felt butterflies in my stomach.

Kaleb: what did you want to talk about?

Pandora: did you mean it when you said you think the world of my kids?

Kaleb: of course I meant it, I love your kids like they were my own and I would do anything for them and you.

Pandora: I know that I said that I would think about it but I know what I want now.

Kaleb: you do?

I walked over to him and placed my hands on his chest then looked into his eyes, I seen him lean towards me after he placed his hands on my arms when I felt him place his lips on mine and softly kiss me then pulled away so he could say something to me.

Kaleb: I don't want you to leave this room without answering my question first, will you be my girlfriend?

I let out a soft sigh as I looked back into his eyes again.

Pandora: I know that Britney is expecting us to hook up which is why she invited you here and as much as I know she wants me to be happy again, I am willing to give us a chance so my answer is yes.

Kaleb: I'm glad you decided to give us a chance and I promise that I will always be here for you lovebug.

Pandora: I love you cupcake...

Kaleb: I love you too lovebug, get some rest so you won't be tired during our date tomorrow.

Pandora: good night cupcake...

Kaleb: good night lovebug...

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

130K 3K 26
Just a little Y/N x Lauren story. Read it to find out more
2.2M 41.6K 30
Camren FanFic. Lauren G!P.
115K 2.6K 46
Lauren is an average girl struggling through a rough break up, about to finish high school, and enjoying the close relationship she shares with her f...
75.1K 1.1K 31
Lol sorry for the crappy titles But um yeah A lot of these are sad because I tend to write when I'm angry or upset, soo just a warning. Some of them...