Key to the Heart - A Kingdom...

By PhoenixBunny456

Ruby was born in another world (the real world) and at an early age, she learned that no one has happy ending... More

Chapter 1: Ruby!
Chapter 2: Ruby's First Friends and the New Girl?
Chapter 3: Ruby's First Touch of Loneliness!
Chapter 4: First Ever Reunion!
Chapter 5: Inseparable Friends!
Chapter 6: Friendly Conversations!
Chapter 7: Secrets Even in Friendships!
Chapter 8: First Friendship Fight!
Chapter 9: Reconnecting?
Chapter 10: Xion Vanishes!
Chapter 11: Finding Xion!
Chapter 12: Saying Goodbye!
Chapter 13: Sora, Donald and Goofy!
Chapter 14: Ruby Taken Over By Darkness!
Chapter 15: Beast's Castle!
Chapter 16: Saving Beast!
Chapter 17: Land of Dragons!
Chapter 18: Escaping The Underworld!
Chapter 19: Olympus Coliseum!
Chapter 20: Disney Castle Is Under Attack!
Chapter 21: Pirate Tales!
Chapter 22: And Fish Tails!
Chapter 24: Friends In All Shapes and Sizes!
Chapter 25: The True King of the Pride Lands!
Chapter 26: Not Ready To Say Goodbye Yet!
Chapter 27: DTD
Chapter 28: Reunion At Hollow Bastion!
Chapter 29: Under The Sea and Saving China - Again!
Chapter 30: When You Give Your Entire Being In An Attack!
Chapter 31: We'll Meet Again - I'll Make Sure of It!
Chapter 32: Let's Be Friends, Naminé!
Chapter 33: Sora and Riku's Return - Axel's Return To Radiant Gardens!
Chapter 34: Keep Your Hands Off Our Light!
Chapter 35: Heart's Intertwined!
Chapter 36: The Search For Roxas Begins!
Chapter 37: Meeting Little Chef and the Old Mansion Computer!
Chapter 38: Helping Friends!
Chapter 39: Saving Ansem the Wise and Freeing Aqua From Darkness
Chapter 40: Axel and Ventus's Reunion!
Chapter 41: Roxas's Return and the Adopted Siblings Reunite!
Chapter 42: Key To The Heart

Chapter 23: The Knight of Nightmare!

21 0 0
By PhoenixBunny456

[Halloween Town]

Ruby looks at herself. Her hair was now in pigtails with the ends being black. She looks down at her outfit. Her basic tank top now sported a black overcoat over it and she now wore a pair of black shorts with bandage-like tights. Her overcoat looked like a cape that covered her back and legs. Her shoes were now black and red boots. On her head was a little skull mask that hung onto the side of her hair. {AN: If you compare her outfit with Roxas's from 258/2 - These outfits are VERY similar.}

"I'll never get over the outfit changes..." Ruby explains. Ruby looks at the others. Sora's outfit was changed this time. Goofy looked like himself but with a screw in his head. Donald looked like a mummy.

"This is Halloween Town, right?" Sora asks.

"It sure looks like Halloween–" Donald explains as he trails off. Everyone looks over at why he trailed off. Something flies by Ruby and she hugs Sora from behind screaming. They all scream at Ruby's scream. They look over and notice the ghost.

"Hey, it's Zero! How have you been, boy?" Sora asks. Zero flies away and they head after him.

"What is a Zero and why are we chasing after it?" Ruby asks.

"Zero is our friend. He's Jack's friend." Sora explains. The group finds the beheading area/town square completely empty. In the square was a ramp of some kind.

"What's that for?" Sora asks. They hear something and Ruby looks up first.

"Whoa!" Ruby exclaims.

"It's Jack!" Donald confirms.

"What in the world... is he doing?" Ruby asks. Jack lands his weird sleigh and Jack stands up to look at them.

"Sora! Donald! Goofy! Welcome back and Merry Christmas!" Jack exclaims.

"Uh... Christmas?" Ruby asks.

"Merry Christmas?" Sora asks, "Don't you mean Happy Halloween?"

"Of course. Halloween greetings from Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King." Jack says and tries to scare Sora but Ruby screams instead.

"This is Ruby, our new friend." Sora says. There was that word again. Ruby always froze when Sora said it. He considered her a friend. Should she do the same?

"Forgive me, I'm in a Christmas mood. You see I'm running the show this year, but I need Sandy Claw's blessing, so I'm off to Christmas Town!" Jack explains.

"Christmas Town?" Ruby asks, "Aren't you the King of Halloween Town?"

"Nonsense if Sandy Claws can do it then I can too!" Jack says.

"Sandy Claws?" Sora asks. He looks at Ruby curiously if she knows. She shook her head. She didn't know.

"I think he means Santa Claus." Goofy explains.

"Aren't these decorations wonderful?" Jack asks.

"Uh, sure." Ruby replies.

"This year, Halloween Town's going to handle Christmas too! But first! We have to visit Sally!" Jack exclaims.

"Who's Sally?" Ruby asks.

"His girlfriend." Sora whispers.

"Ooh." Ruby replies.

"She's working on something no self-respecting Santa Claus can do without!" Jack says, "Come along, I'll show you!" Ruby looks at Sora.

"A Halloween Town Christmas?" Sora asks, curiously. The four look at all the gifts that were already made. Donald and Goofy shiver at what was already made and on display.

"Wanna go check it out?" Sora asks.

"You sound way too excited for this." Ruby explains and she looks around, "This place reminds me of a story my friend told me about..." A place Roxas had gone on an adventure.

"C'mon! Hurry!" Jack calls out. The four head after Jack to the doctor's workshop where Sally lived. They find the three Hooligan children from before. They were helping the doctor put things together. Sally comes into the room and the kids throw the machine that the doctor needed. The kids laugh before they laugh. Ruby clings to Sora's arm, a little scared.

"Bad guys and Heartless don't scare you but this does?" Sora asks.

"Oh hush..." Ruby mutters.

"Sally, did you finish it? I want to show my good friends!" Jack exclaims.

"I'm sorry, Jack. I... I need a little bit more time." Sally replies.

"Oh! That's alright. Just as long as it's ready for Christmas!" Jack exclaims.

"But Jack..." Sally replies. Sounds like she wasn't talking him out of anything. Ruby looks from Sally to Jack. They were the true love in this world, she could just tell.

"I'd best be off!" Jack says, "I've got to go get Sandy Claws, right away! Wonderful to see you again!" He started to take off. Ruby looks at Sora.

"What?" Ruby asks.

"Goodbye for now!" Jack calls out as he leaves.

"Go get Santa Claus?" Sora asks.

"Please you two. I'm afraid something terrible will happen if Jack goes through with this!" Sally pleads.

"You can say that again!" Donald exclaims.

"Sora?" Goofy asks. Jack comes back.

"Are those strange-looking fellows in the town square with you?" Jack asks.

"Huh? What fellows?" Sora asks.

"You know, the ones who wanted to spoil Halloween AND Christmas?" Jack states, "What are they called again...? Heartless?"

"They're definitely not with us!" Sora assures Jack, "But Donald, Goofy and I can get rid of them for you! And then we can go see Santa!" Donald begins tapping his foot at Sora. Sora freaks out.

"But first the Heartless!" Sora exclaims.

The group runs out and finds the Heartless attacking the Mayor. The mayor cries out for help. Ruby gasps in shock.

"Now hear this, you... you things! Leave Halloween Town at once by order of the mayor!" The mayor cries out, "Jack! Where are you?! I'm only an elected official - I can't handle this by myself!"

"Over here! Quick!" Ruby calls out and the major runs over to hide with Ruby.

"Jack!" The mayor exclaims.

"We're on it!" Sora exclaims.

"I'll cover you wherever you need it!" Ruby exclaims as she fires an arrow at a Heartless.

"Right!" Sora exclaims. Sora, Donald and Goofy all attack the Heartless and Ruby provides coverage for the trio with her arrows. They deal the final blow. Jack sighs as he stands staring at the town.

"How is Sandy Claws supposed to relax with all this going on?" Jack asks, "That's it, fellows! Sandy Claws needs bodyguards. Are you up to the task?"

"Wait, you want us to be what?" Ruby asks.

"Us?" Donald asks.

"Yeah!" Sora exclaims. Donald taps his foot at Sora.

"Weren't we here for a reason?" Ruby asks.

"It'll be fine, Ruby. We have time." Sora replies.

"Okay..." Ruby replies.

"Alright, bodyguards. Christmas Town is this way! The doorway is in the woods just past the graveyard." Jack explains. He leads them to the door and they follow him.

"Here it is! The door to Christmas Town!" Jack exclaims, "The spooks of Halloween can get so tiresome year after year. I wanted something new! And I found this!"

"A door?" Ruby asks.

"Beyond this door is a world filled with wonders... the likes of which you've never seen!" Jack exclaims, "At first I couldn't believe my eyes! Everything was so fresh and exciting!"

"C'mon! Just open it!" Sora exclaims. Jack opens the door and Sora runs and jumps in.

"Sora! Wait!" Ruby calls out and she jumps after him.

"Whoa!" Sora calls out. Everyone squeals as they fall. They land in the new world inside the world and Ruby lands on Sora's back. Donald and Goofy landed on their back as well. Ruby and Sora push them off them.

"Cool!" Sora exclaims.

"Our outfits changed again!" Ruby exclaims looking at herself. Ruby spins around wearing a velvet dress to keep her warm. Sora's outfit was black like his usual clothes but was similar to Ruby. Goofy was a reindeer and Donald looked like a snowman.

"Where's Santa?" Donald asks.

"In his workshop." Jack replies, "Shall we?"

"Whoa..." Ruby replies. They head after Jack who leads them down to Christmas Town. They get into town and Heartless appear.

"Here too?!" Sora asks.

"On guard, loyal bodyguards!" Jack exclaims. Ruby fires an arrow and helps out where she could. They defeat all the Heartless.

"Christmas is in trouble!" Donald exclaims.

"Gwarsh, we can't let anything happen to Christmas!" Goofy exclaims.

"That's where Sandy Claws lives." Jack explains and points over to the workshop.

"Whoa..." Ruby breathes out. They head inside and find Santa sitting in his chair. Sora, Donald, Goofy and Ruby all gasp in shock.

"Well, hello everyone. Did you come to see if you're on my nice list?" Santa asks. They walk over.

"Your name?" Santa asks.

"Uh, Sora... sir." Sora replies.

"Sora... let's see..." Santa states and looks, "Here you are. Well, according to my list, Sora... seven years ago, you told everyone you did not believe in Santa Claus... Oh, that is unfortunate." Santa strokes his beard. Ruby giggles as she looks at Sora. Sora whines.

"How about Donald and Goofy?" Donald asks. Santa looks at the list and then nods happily.

"Ruby next! Ruby next!" Goofy explains. Ruby is pushed forward.

"Ruby?" Santa asks.

"Yes, sir, my name is Ruby." Ruby explains. Santa looks through his list and finds Ruby's name.

"Hmm, you're right near the top. You've been very good indeed." Santa explains, "With a heart like yours, how can you not be?"

"Am I on your list too, by any chance? It's me, Jack." Jack asks.

"Jack Skellington?" Santa asks before they hear the sound of something breaking. They all look over.

"What sort of trouble did you bring this time?" Santa asks, walking to the door.

"This time?" Sora asks.

"It's a long story." Jack says with a laugh. They head into the workshop part of the building and they look around.

"There." Ruby exclaims.

"Well, this is a pleasant surprise. That fool Jack brought Sora and the others with him. Now we can deal with all of them at once." Maleficent states.

"Who's there?" Santa asks.

"Busted!" The three hooligan children exclaim before they escape by breaking the window.

"It's Lock, Shock and Barrel!" Jack announces.

"Not those three." Santa states.

"I assure you, they're not with us." Jack replies.

"Well, whatever the case, they've been quite naughty. Catch them and bring them back here. They're going to get a lecture." Santa states.

"A lecture from Santa. Oh boy..." Ruby whispers.

"Uh, Mr. Claws... I wanted to talk to you about Christmas first." Jack explains.

"It'll have to wait!" Santa replies, "I need to see how things are progressing in my workshop." Santa replies. Jack looked sad.

"Come on, Jack, let's catch those little pranksters." Sora calls out.

"Uh... alright then..." Jack replies. They head outside and find the kids' footprints in the fresh snow. The kids went all the way back to Halloween Town. They find the kids messing around with a Heartless. The group fights off the Heartless together. Sora finishes off the Heartless. The kids laugh.

"That was fun!" One says.

"Let's go see if Mr. Oogie's ready!" Another says.

"Oogie?!" Jack asks.

"Who's that?" Ruby asks.

"Isn't he the one who tried to take over Halloween Town before?" Sora asks.

"That's him. Fellows, I hope you're ready for trouble..." Jack explains.

"Don't we have enough trouble already?" Goofy asks. They head into the graveyard.

"JACK!" Sally calls out.

"Sally? What's wrong?" Jack asks.

"Oogie Boogie kidnaped Santa Claus." Sally explains.

"WHAT?!" Everyone gasps in shock.

"And he's headed for Christmas Town!" Sally continues.

"C'mon, Jack! Let's hurry!" Sora exclaims.

[Later - Christmas Town]

They head to Christmas Town to rescue Santa and Oogie Boogie gets in control of the controls. They navigate through the course that Boogie sets up for them while they fight Oogie Boogie off. They quickly defeat him, and Ruby runs from a bug that comes near her and Sora squishes it.

"Gross." Ruby whines.

"Can't handle bugs can you?" Sora asks.

"Nope." Ruby replies. They head outside.

"Alright, Christmas is safe again." Sora explains.

"Perfect, I'd better get down to business." Jack states,

"Jack... Don't you think–" Ruby begins.

"Leave that to Santa!" Donald exclaims.

"Yep, you ought to stick to Halloween and spooky stuff!" Goofy demands.

"Jack?" Sally says, sweetly, "Here it's done." She held out his Santa suit.

"A suit..." Ruby says.

"Wonderful! Why I love it!" Jack exclaims, "Thank you, Sally!"

"Jack... Do you really have to do this?" Sally asks.

""But I make a splendid Sandy Claws." Jack replies.

"Do you though, Jack? I think you're really cool. As the Pumpkin King." Ruby explains.

"Listen here, Jack Skellington. You saved me, and Christmas as well. And for that, I'm very grateful. But please promise you won't cause any more trouble!" Santa says, "And about that suit. Don't even think about taking over for me again!"

"I just thought you could use a little help this year, Mr. Claws." Jack says, "You must be exhausted from all the preparations. And—I wouldn't mind a second chance to get this Christmas thing right."

"Yes, being Santa Claus can be tiring. But let me tell you something, Jack. Seeing the happy faces of little children when they discover the presents I've brought them makes it all worthwhile, year after year after year. And you, Jack—you love to make them gasp and see them shiver with fright. What if someone tried to take all of that away from you?" Santa continues, "We both have very important jobs to do, Jack. Mine is to take care of Christmas, and yours is to take care of Halloween. So, we each have to do the very best we can. After all, you're the face of Halloween—Mr. Jack Skellington! The Pumpkin King! The Knight of Nightmares!"

"What Santa said." Ruby replies.

"And even though you're fascinated with Christmas, Jack... Halloween is your true specialty. Don't you see? Children rely on both of us to do our jobs. Halloween needs your attention... and I know Christmas needs mine—urgently." Santa explains to Jack.

"You're right! I am the master of terror! And if Halloween has become too routine, all I have to do is think of something new that'll really make them scream!" Jack exclaims.

"Jack! Oh Jack! I have been looking for you everywhere! We must go over the plans for next Halloween! I can't do a thing without your approval!" The Mayor exclaims.

"So true." Jack replies.

"Good luck, Jack Skellington." Santa says.

"Well, there he goes..." Sora laughs out.

"Yes, and I've got lots of names to check and preparations to finish!" Santa says. Suddenly, Jack begins to glow.

"Why is Jack glowing?" Ruby asks.

"Jack! This is no time for joking!" The Mayor exclaims.

"What's this?" Jack asks, "Perhaps a bit too festive for our Halloween needs." Jack throws his suit off and it turns out it was the suit glowing.

"Sora! That's our cue!" Ruby exclaims. The keyblade comes to Sora's hand and he unlocks the gate.

"We better get going." Sora explains.

"Before you do, Sora. I believe there's a friend of yours... who—if I recall correctly—was the one who told you there's no such thing as Santa Claus?" Santa asks.

"Oh, yeah... He did say that." Sora replies.

"Hmm?" Ruby asks.

"Be sure to give him my very best wishes." Santa replies.

"I will. But... Do you know where I can find Riku?" Sora asks.

"Wait, Riku told you there's no such thing as Santa?! When I get my hands on that boy." Ruby states.

"You know Riku?" Sora asks.

"I saw him and Mickey talking one day." Ruby explains, "It's a long story. I'll tell you later." Sora looks at Santa.

"No... but don't give up!" Santa says, "Remember, if you believe in Riku, you will find him. Just as you found me."

"Right!" Sora replies. The group leaves Christmas Town before receiving what they need. They head back to Atlantica.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 328 44
Xena Ross is a 17 year-old girl in high school who lives with one of her older brothers. Her memories of her past don't seem to reach back too far, b...
192 2 10
[Fanfiction of KH Universe] Story takes place after Riku has entered the world where Sora might be. A world called Quadratum. Strelitzia is an unknow...
14.6K 121 35
Hana (Japanese pronunciation not Hanna) has always been friends with Lea and Isa. Unlike them, she'd rather spend her time tending to the flowers in...
5.7K 47 12
Y/N's just a normal girl. Living a good life in Radiant Garden. Until one day she's walking home and she spots some of her friends in trouble. They'r...