宇宙深处之旅

By huangdi1984

In the year 2030 AD, as humanity's ceaseless emission of greenhouse gases intensified global warming, the per... More

Intercontinental Missiles and Antarctica
Future Technology System
pharmacological blockade
Determined Resolution
Academic paper
new materials
signature
Departmental Meeting

The Academic Miracle of the Future

2 0 0
By huangdi1984

"He Zhiyong! What do you think you're doing!" As He Zhiyong walked straight towards the podium, Hao Yuan's expression changed slightly. He immediately shouted loudly, his tone stern, "This is my classroom, and I didn't ask you to come up. There are rules! Do you understand?"

Hao Yuan was also extremely angry. This was the first time he had encountered such an arrogant student. Not only did he openly defy him, but he also dared to disrupt the order of the class!

As He Zhiyong, who was walking towards the podium, heard Professor Hao Yuan's rebuke, he also felt a tremor in his heart. How long had it been since he heard this voice? Probably... seven or eight years.

Professor Hao Yuan's nose was already crooked with anger. Looking at He Zhiyong's eyes, flames seemed to be shooting out. With an apologetic glance at Hao Yuan, He Zhiyong whispered, "Professor Hao, I have a conjecture about the topic on your blackboard and need to use the blackboard."

Hao Yuan was now both surprised and angry. After all these years of teaching, this was the first time he had encountered such a defiant student. However, when he heard that He Zhiyong had some conjectures about the problem on the blackboard, he suddenly became interested.

As the sternest professor at Huake University of Science and Technology, he was quite tolerant of his students as long as they were talented and didn't commit principled mistakes. Next moment, he put down the pager he was about to use to call security, and watched He Zhiyong walk to his side and pick up a piece of dust-free chalk from the podium.

Hao Yuan, now intrigued, wanted to see what unique conjectures this sophomore student had.

"He Zhiyong, I'm giving you a chance to prove yourself..."

Taking a deep breath, suppressing the anger caused by the disrespectful actions, Hao Yuan said softly, "If the result satisfies me, I will ignore these actions, but if it doesn't..."

"Be prepared for disciplinary action!"

He Zhiyong straightened his posture, his eyes filled with nostalgia as he glanced at Hao Yuan. The profound gaze made Hao Yuan's pupils slightly contract. His words were stuck in his throat.

This gaze! Such profoundness! How could it appear in a young man around twenty years old? It reminded him of the time when he was still a child. Back then, in his eyes, his grandfather also had this kind of otherworldly heaviness!

But, why was it appearing in someone who was just a sophomore?

At this moment, not only Hao Yuan but also the students below were all in a state of shock.

"Damn, is He Zhiyong... going crazy?" A muscular guy wearing gold-rimmed glasses stared in disbelief at the scene unfolding on the podium, muttering to himself, "Is he... trying to get himself in trouble?"

"Professor Hao will definitely deduct all his usual grades!" This guy, named Li Lei, was He Zhiyong's roommate. He had just tried to wake He Zhiyong up, asking him to answer questions. After all, the usual grades were essential now, and as roommates, you had to help each other when you could. Little did he know that He Zhiyong would pull off such a sensational stunt. Thinking about the consequences He Zhiyong might face, Li Lei's facial muscles twitched three times.

He Zhiyong, no longer just a sophomore, showed a calm demeanor towards everyone's reactions. He had seen too many "big scenes" in his previous life, and now he had developed a resistance. Naturally, he wouldn't have any unnecessary reactions.

Turning around, he walked to the blackboard, picked up the chalk, and began writing with a relaxed expression.

Like a human printer, clear chemical reaction formulas appeared on the blackboard. As this diagram appeared, Professor Hao Yuan's eyes suddenly emitted a bright light. He couldn't achieve this level of proficiency without putting in some effort.

This He Zhiyong had something surprising about him!

However, soon, his brow furrowed deeply.

This chemical reaction diagram looked like some kind of drug, and the knowledge inside was not something an undergraduate student could grasp! Seeing these clearly out-of-syllabus contents, Professor Hao Yuan's eyes showed a few traces of curiosity.

He stood at the podium, arms crossed, silently observing He Zhiyong continuing to write on the blackboard. As a series of simple diagrams and lines of text appeared, Professor Hao Yuan's brow furrowed even more.

No, if he wasn't mistaken, this was related to a method for treating AIDS!

But... how did this kid know about these things? After all, data stimulated by drugs was generally not made public. He Zhiyong not only perfectly wrote it out but also made no mistakes!

Seeing this knowledge far beyond the undergraduate textbooks, Professor Hao Yuan's original anger had completely dissipated. Now, his heart was filled with amazement and delight.

Unexpectedly, he had caught a big fish!

This was a rare treasure! Teachers loved students who could learn on their own, didn't they? When the time came, he could enroll this person as his graduate student, and he could be the boss without doing much!

Hao Yuan watched He Zhiyong, who continued to write, with eyes full of admiration.

The discovery and mutation process of the virus, the virus's mutation direction...

He was already thinking of accepting him as a student immediately! The slightly offensive actions of He Zhiyong just now were now completely disregarded by him. After all, geniuses had some privileges! Moreover, the guy had actually been quite polite just now!

At this point, the blackboard was already densely filled with He Zhiyong's analysis of the HIV, including an introduction to the current treatment methods. Hao Yuan nodded in satisfaction; this was the forefront of HIV research, and the whole world had reached a consensus here.

Just as he was about to ask He Zhiyong some questions, he saw He Zhiyong suddenly make a mark on the board in the section about the current treatment methods. "This is the most effective treatment method for HIV patients now!"

Hao Yuan raised an eyebrow. He was curious why He Zhiyong would deny the widely recognized cocktail therapy, which was currently the most effective in inhibiting the virus.

"The blackboard is already full!"

The reason He Zhiyong marked the cocktail therapy was that there was no space left on the blackboard, and he didn't want to write more about this method of inhibiting the virus.

He wanted to leave the last part of the blackboard for a method that could completely cure HIV patients.

He Zhiyong extended his other hand to support the blackboard and pulled down the board above his head. He waved the eraser and wiped away the original text on it. These were the contents of Professor Hao Yuan's class, meant for students to take notes.

However, He Zhiyong, at this moment, obviously didn't care about these small issues. He wanted to express all the knowledge from the future in his mind!

The speed at which He Zhiyong continued writing was extremely fast. Professor Hao Yuan was already quite satisfied, and he didn't make any unnecessary movements to stop him. Just based on the content on the previous board, he completely forgave He Zhiyong.

When Hao Yuan came back to his senses, his attention was drawn to the content in front of him. This was...

Hao Yuan's pupils slightly contracted. This was a diagram of the chemical composition and manufacturing method of a new drug! After careful recollection, he found that this drug was not currently existing or in experimental stages. This was something He Zhiyong had come up with himself!

"What... kind of drug is this?"

Hao Yuan muttered. He was lost in thought; the situation had completely exceeded his expectations. Originally, he just wanted a student to stand up and answer a question, but now...

Suddenly, he was interrupted in his thoughts by the discussion among other students in the classroom. Following the loudest voices, he saw several students secretly recording the scene with their phones.

Hao Yuan's face changed suddenly. Although he didn't know what the drug He Zhiyong wrote was, based on his rich experience, there seemed to be no problem with the preparation method and principles of the drug!

This was enough!

For He Zhiyong's safety and to preserve the research results of Huake University of Science and Technology, this thing absolutely couldn't be leaked easily!

So, he immediately whispered sternly, "All of you, class is dismissed. Leave the classroom immediately!"

His tone was severe, and the hundreds of students in the room dared not defy him, only leaving with regret.

This was a big deal! Too bad they couldn't take a bite of it!

...

Half an hour later, He Zhiyong had written everything related to the HIV that he could recall on the blackboard behind him.

"Is what you wrote at the end a drug to treat HIV?"

Hao Yuan's voice came from the side.

He Zhiyong turned his head, nodded with a calm smile, and said, "Exactly."

He glanced at the now empty classroom and said with a smile, "Professor, this drug can induce a harmless mutation in the CCR5 gene in the human body."

Hao Yuan's pupils suddenly contracted.

The CCR5 gene was discovered by Professor Deng Hongkui of Huake University. On June 20, 1996, he first confirmed that CCR5 was the receptor for HIV invasion. In other words, the human body would be infected by HIV because of this gene segment!

This year, in 2020, the world's second cured HIV patient, the "London Patient," was cured because he received a transplant of hematopoietic stem cells with a mutated CCR5!

"This drug... induces a benign mutation in the CCR5 gene segment?"

There was a slight tremor in Hao Yuan's voice. He also had some knowledge of CCR5 as he had studied pathology. The deduction steps on the blackboard and the principle introduction of the drug inducing a mutation in CCR5 made many of his doubts disappear.

Such an accurate drug targeting attack...

He had only seen it in some mature drug experiment reports!

"This drug can induce a benign mutation in all CCR5 gene segments in the human body, causing the HIV to lose its target, and thus be discovered and killed by the human immune system!"

This method, discovered by chemists in China in 2028, was something He Zhiyong brought forward a few years earlier. It was just a camouflage for dealing with the abnormality in his class, and it was also the beginning of establishing his reputation as a genius!

Thinking of the painful memories of his previous life, He Zhiyong's eyes burst with an inexplicable emotion. He spoke passionately to Professor Hao Yuan, "Professor Hao, I need a biomanufacturing laboratory to validate this drug with data! Especially testing its inducement effect on the CCR5 gene segment!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Gaea By Bentu12

Science Fiction

63.6K 2.7K 31
A short novel about interstellar colonization, the dangers of scientific discovery, and the end of the world. Image credit goes to Space Engine.
142 3 23
"WORLD GOVERNMENTS CLAIM WE ARE LIVING IN UNPRECEDENTED TIMES... FIRST THERE WERE THE FIRES, THE FLOODS AND THE PESTILENCE. THEN WORLD WAR THREE BEG...
10 0 3
A collection of science fiction short stories in a variety of settings ranging from deep space to mystical lands, to simply a future Earth.
148 9 34
In the far future, humans have left Earth behind in search of a new home after climate change, war, and destruction have left it uninhabitable. Belie...