Key to the Heart - A Kingdom...

By PhoenixBunny456

Ruby was born in another world (the real world) and at an early age, she learned that no one has happy ending... More

Chapter 1: Ruby!
Chapter 2: Ruby's First Friends and the New Girl?
Chapter 3: Ruby's First Touch of Loneliness!
Chapter 4: First Ever Reunion!
Chapter 5: Inseparable Friends!
Chapter 6: Friendly Conversations!
Chapter 7: Secrets Even in Friendships!
Chapter 8: First Friendship Fight!
Chapter 9: Reconnecting?
Chapter 10: Xion Vanishes!
Chapter 11: Finding Xion!
Chapter 12: Saying Goodbye!
Chapter 13: Sora, Donald and Goofy!
Chapter 14: Ruby Taken Over By Darkness!
Chapter 15: Beast's Castle!
Chapter 16: Saving Beast!
Chapter 17: Land of Dragons!
Chapter 18: Escaping The Underworld!
Chapter 19: Olympus Coliseum!
Chapter 20: Disney Castle Is Under Attack!
Chapter 22: And Fish Tails!
Chapter 23: The Knight of Nightmare!
Chapter 24: Friends In All Shapes and Sizes!
Chapter 25: The True King of the Pride Lands!
Chapter 26: Not Ready To Say Goodbye Yet!
Chapter 27: DTD
Chapter 28: Reunion At Hollow Bastion!
Chapter 29: Under The Sea and Saving China - Again!
Chapter 30: When You Give Your Entire Being In An Attack!
Chapter 31: We'll Meet Again - I'll Make Sure of It!
Chapter 32: Let's Be Friends, Naminé!
Chapter 33: Sora and Riku's Return - Axel's Return To Radiant Gardens!
Chapter 34: Keep Your Hands Off Our Light!
Chapter 35: Heart's Intertwined!
Chapter 36: The Search For Roxas Begins!
Chapter 37: Meeting Little Chef and the Old Mansion Computer!
Chapter 38: Helping Friends!
Chapter 39: Saving Ansem the Wise and Freeing Aqua From Darkness
Chapter 40: Axel and Ventus's Reunion!
Chapter 41: Roxas's Return and the Adopted Siblings Reunite!
Chapter 42: Key To The Heart

Chapter 21: Pirate Tales!

30 0 2
By PhoenixBunny456

"Breath... should I take a deep?" Ruby is shown sitting alone on the clock tower as she stares out at the sunset. "Faith... should I take the leap?" Roxas is shown in his organization thirteen cloaks with the hood up. "Taste... what a bittersweet!" The two are shown walking the opposite direction of one another before they are shown looking at one another from over their shoulders. "All my, all my life!" Axel is shown walking over to Roxas and putting his arm around his neck and pulling him away. "Let me face!" Ruby is shown looking away as she stands alone. "Let me face!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown running from Nobodies that suddenly attack. "Let me face my fears!" Roxas is shown looking down sadly as he was forced to follow orders. "Let me face! Let me face! Let me face my fears!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown laughing as she sits next to Roxas as the two talk. "Won't be long!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown standing with shock on her face as Roxas is shown standing in front of her. "Won't be long!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown crying as she stands alone. "I'm almost here!" Light flashes as Sora and Roxas are shown on separate screens before Roxas is shown fading away and Sora is shown alone. "Watch me cry all my tears!" Ruby is staring at the sky as it looks like doves fly around her. "Let me face!" Light flashes as Ruby is shown floating back as she reaches up. "Let me face!" Roxas, Ruby, Xion and Axel are shown laughing together as Ruby and Roxas sit beside one another. "Let me face my fears!" Music continues to play as Ruby and Roxas are shown reuniting before Ruby is shown sitting alone as she stares out at the sky and the title is shown above her.

[Later]

They try to head out to Hollow Bastion but end up in the wrong world. They look out at the sea and Ruby looks out as well.

"This place is..." Sora breathes out.

"Kinda different." Goofy explains. They were in a world called Port Royal.

"Why do I get the feeling we're in the wrong world?" Ruby mutters. They hear screams as they look around.

"Something's up!" Sora exclaims.

"Organization Thirteen?" Goofy asks.

"Or the Heartless?" Donald asks.

"Only one way to find out." Sora explains. Ruby looks down over the area. They head down as fast as they can. Ruby runs behind them and stops behind the group.

"Hey!" Sora exclaims.

"See there? I knew it!" A guy states, "Those are the punks I was tellin' ya about."

"Who're you calling punks? It's Sora, Donald and Goofy to you! And don't you forget it!" Sora exclaims.

"And Ruby too." Ruby mutters as she was easily forgotten.

"That we won't. And we'll engrave it on your tombstone, to be sure." Another guy states.

"Whoa! I like your style." The first guy states.

"Men - half of you stay here and indulge these cullies. The rest - bring me that medallion!" The second guy orders.

"Aye!" The men all yell and separate.

"Awe, we only get to stomp on a few of you?" Sora asks.

"A few is too many." Ruby whispers. The second guy laughed. They begin fighting the pirates. Ruby ducks dodging a sword trying to slice her throat and she rolls away towards Sora.

"It's no use! We can't beat them!" Sora exclaims.

"It's like we're not touching them!" Ruby exclaims. The moon reveals their true forms and Ruby screams.

"Hey, watch out! They can see ya! Stay away from their magic!" The first guy exclaims.

"What for?" One of the guys say.

"Weren't you listening to me before?" The first guy asks.

"Hey Pete, thanks for the tip." Sora explains.

"The cat face idiot is named Pete?" Ruby asks.

"Yep." Sora replies. Sora, Donald and Goofy all use their unique magic. A pirate goes for Ruby realizing she didn't have magic and Ruby closes her eyes and flinches. She raises her hands up and a flash of light appears from her hands. Sora and the others look over. Inside Sora, Roxas stares in shock as he could see something appear in Ruby's hand. It looked like a keyblade with flowers on the key part and a heart surrounding the handle. It created light around Ruby, protecting her. The skeleton pirate is destroyed and vanishes just as the light does.

"What was that?" Sora asks as he couldn't see the keyblade himself. Ruby didn't know what happened. Ruby didn't know that she'd be able to use a keyblade one day. It was due to her connection and love for Roxas that she could even bring forth the light.

"Hey! This ain't over!" Pete exclaims. Pete runs away like a coward.

"If Pete's here, that must mean we have work to do." Sora explains.

"Yep." Goofy replies, "And that pirate captain looked pretty mean, too."

"Man, I'd hate to see him turn into a Heartless." Sora replies.

"Well, we ARE here..." Donald explains.

"Hey, maybe we can take a pirate ship out for a spin." Sora suggests jokingly. Ruby looks at him and sighs.

"Just kidding!" Sora assures them, "Weren't those guys headed into town?"

"Yeah. I think they were looking for treasure." Goofy explains. Ruby looks towards the town with Sora, Donald and Goofy. They take off running and find a guy getting attacked by Heartless. He was trying to chase after a guy carrying a woman who the guy called out as Elizabeth.

"What are they?" The guy asks.

"It's the Heartless! Watch out!" Donald calls out.

"We'll deal with them!" Sora assures the guy, "Go! Take cover with Ruby!"

"This way!" Ruby tells the guy. The guy and Ruby run off.

"Who are you all?" The guy asks.

"My name is Ruby and those three are Sora, Donald and Goofy." Ruby explains.

"I'm Will Turner." The guy tells her. Sora, Donald and Goofy quickly dispatch the Heartless before Ruby and the guy run back over.

"Well done!" Will explains.

"This guy is Will Turner." Ruby explains.

"My own fencing skills are not to be ashamed of... but I've never faced foes such as that before." Will explains.

"You really think we're that good?" Sora asks.

"Did you find your friend?" Goofy asks.

"I was too late. But I must rescue her!" Will explains, "Would you help me?"

"Of course!" Sora exclaims, "I'm Sora. As I'm sure Ruby already told you. This is Donald and Goofy." He motions to the two on each side of him.

"Let's go!" Sora tells Will.

"Right. We've got to get to the docks!" Will replies. Will leads them to the docks. Ruby runs after them as she was the slowest. The ship was leaving port. Ruby gasps as she pants.

"Oh no!" Ruby states.

"We're too late. Those pirates kidnapped Miss Swann and took her to their ship." Will explains, "Now they've sailed and I'll never be able to find her."

"Then she's long gone. The Black Pearl is nigh uncatchable. Best find yourself another girl, mate." A guy states.

"You... What are you doing aboard the Interceptor?" Will asks, "She's off limits to civilians."

"Ah, fortunate that I'm going to commandeer her, then." The guy replies, "She'll make a fine pirate ship."

"You're a pirate?" Ruby asks with a raised eyebrow.

"A pirate?" Sora asks.

"Captain Jack Sparrow, if you please." The guy announces himself.

"Take me with you. Help me hunt down the Black Pearl and save Miss Swann. I got you out of that jail cell, Sparrow. Do this and your debts are repaid." Will explains.

"You'll have to win fair lady's heart alone, mate." Jack replies, "I see no profit in it for me."

"C'mon, Captain!" Sora exclaims.

"Are you sure you can sail her all on your own?" Will challenges. Jack thinks about it. Ruby looks at Sora, Donald and Goofy.

"You've a point there." Jack replies. They climb aboard.

"Thanks, Sparrow." Will states.

"I'm Sora. This is Donald and Goofy. And that's Ruby." Sora replies.

"A girl?" Jack asks.

"What of it?" Ruby asks.

"Nothing." Jack replies.

"I'm Will Turner." Will replies.

"That would be short for William, I imagine. No doubt named for your father, aye?" Jack asks.

"Yes." Will replies.

"Well, then, Mr. Turner. You get us ready to make way. I've some effects to liberate." Jack explains.

"Aye, aye, but hurry." Will pleads.

"But of course." Jack replies.

"Sora..." Donald states.

"You really wanna be a pirate?" Goofy asks.

"Of course not." Sora replies.

"What do you make of this Will?" Jack asks.

"I dunno. We just met him." Sora replies.

"Hmm... I think my luck's about to change." Jack states.

[Later That Evening]

They sailed after the Black Pearl. Ruby stood near Sora while Donald and Goofy were nearby. Will stood near Jack.

"Why are you so fixated on that compass?" Will asks.

"It'll be she that leads us to the Isla de Muerta - where Barbossa's headed. Savvy?" Jack asks.

"How do you know?" Sora asks.

"Ah, lad... He and I once had our eyes on a treasure - Aztec gold. Twas hidden on the Isla de Muerta but he turned traitor and stole my ship." Jack explains.

"So he's after the treasure, then?" Will asks.

"Treasure's already his. So's the curse upon it." Jack explains.

"A curse?" Ruby asks.

"I've no desire for such treacherous spoils. But I will have back what's mine - The Black Pearl." Jack explains.

[Later]

Finally, they make a final approach to the island and duck into a hidden cove. Jack and Will disembark the ship and Ruby, Sora, Donald and Goofy follow.

"You lads wait here with the lass. Young Turner and I will rescue the lady." Jack explains.

"Hey! What about us?" Sora asks.

"You're to guard the ship, o' course. It's a task given only to the bravest pirates." Jack assures them.

"Alright..." Sora replies.

"Guard her well." Jack states.

"Shall we?" Will asks. Jack and Will run off. Sora, Donald Goofy, and Ruby stand together on the ship. Ruby thinks about it.

[Thirty Minutes Later]

"Bravest of pirates? Really? That doesn't sound right." Ruby mutters.

"I think he was just trying to fast-talk us..." Sora explains.

"And you fell for it." Donald explains.

"Well, we are teenagers... and whatever Donald and Goofy are." Ruby replies.

"You say that like we're kids." Sora replies. Ruby looks down and sighs.

"I'm not a kid. But I'm still learning... how to grow up." Ruby explains. And how to love.

"What's keeping those two..." Sora states.

"They sure are taking their time..." Goofy explains.

"If Pete's hanging around, there must be Heartless here, too." Sora tells the group.

"And Jack and Will aren't used to fighting Heartless like you guys." Ruby adds.

"Let's go see." Sora announces. They head after Jack and Will. They find Will and Elizabeth.

"Quick! They're after us!" Will exclaims. Ruby fires an arrow towards the approaching bad guys.

"We'll hold them off! Give us a sign when the ship's ready to sail!" Sora exclaims.

"Right! We'll light the signal fire!" Will exclaims. Ruby fires another arrow as the two run off. Sora, Donald and Goofy fight off the pirates. Ruby notices the signal fire.

"Sora!" Ruby exclaims.

"The signal!" Sora confirms grabbing Ruby's arm and dragging her away. Donald and Goofy follow. They run towards the ship. They get aboard.

"Where's Jack?" Sora asks.

"Well..." Will states and explains what happened, "I had to. Jack's no fairy-tale pirate. The real ones aren't to be trusted." They cast off heading back towards Port Royal. Ruby looks at Will and Elizabeth. Ruby could tell they were the true love in this world. Ruby could see their love for each other. Ruby wondered if perhaps, Roxas was her true love.

[Later]

"Uh, guys..." Ruby states.

"Will, look!" Elizabeth exclaims.

"The Black Pearl." Ruby states.

"What now?" Donald asks.

"What would Jack do?" Sora asks.

"I'm not sure. I suppose he'd run for it." Will explains.

"Sounds good to me!" Sora exclaims. They get hit with something and Will goes overboard and Ruby falls into Sora. Donald loses his hat and Elizabeth also falls over.

"Ouch. What hit us?" Ruby asks.

"Will!" Elizabeth states.

"We're just going to have to fight!" Sora states. Sora takes control of the ship. Ruby, Donald and Goofy as well as Elizabeth, help where they could. It took them about an hour, but they eventually won, or so they thought.

"We beat the pirates!" Sora exclaims.

"Hooray!" Donald exclaims.

"Well, did you now, laddie?" Barbossa asks.

"Sora!" Ruby screams as she'd been grabbed with Elizabeth.

"Ruby! Jack!" Sora states.

"Now then, I'll be having back that medallion. Unless it's more important than their lives." Barbossa explains.

"Barbossa!" Will yells and everyone looks over towards him, "She goes free!"

"Go ahead, boy. Shoot. We can't die." Barbossa states.

"You can't... But I can." Will states, "My name is Will Turner. My father was Bootstrap Bill Turner. His blood runs in my veins!"

"Aye?" Barbossa asks in shock.

"On my word, do as I say, or I'll pull this trigger and be lost to Davy Jones's locker." Will states.

"Name your terms... Mr. Turner." Barbossa explains.

"Release Elizabeth... and Ruby, Sora, Donald and Goofy." Will states.

"Anything else?" Barbossa asks.

"Leave - now!" Will demands.

"Afreed. Leave we shall..." Barbossa explains, bowing, "But the Heartless, stay." Pete begins laughing. The Heartless and Pete attack.

"No fair!" Sora exclaims. They are all tied up and below deck.

"Good work Barbossa. Who knew it'd be this easy?" Pete asks.

"Barbossa, you coward!" Elizabeth yells out.

"That's the last time I trust a pirate." Sora mutters.

"The powder kegs are ready captain!" A voice calls out.

"Then I bid ye farewell." Barbossa says. The bad guys all leave.

"What are we gonna do?" Donald asks.

"We'll be blown to smithereens!" Goofy explains.

"Why struggle, mate?" Jack asks, "A pirate knows when to surrender."

"Are you serious, Jack?" Sora asks.

"Your average pirate, anyway." Jack states and then reveals he was free. He cuts everyone free.

"First, we've got to see to the gunpowder. I'm not about to lose this ship." Jack announces.

"I still don't plan to trust pirates again." Sora states.

"Wise policy, lad." Jack explains. They head and stop the powder kegs from exploding as well as destroy the Heartless. They head back to the island. Jack tried to make the girls stay behind. Ruby rolls her eyes.

"Please stay behind..." Sora pleads to Ruby. Ruby sighs and nods.

"Fine." Ruby explains. Ruby got bored after a while and ran in after them. They get attacked by another Heartless. Ruby gasps and she places her hand against her chest. A feeling appears inside her. It was then that she realized that it was a belief in her friends.

"Sora! You can do it!" Ruby exclaims as Sora finishes off the Heartless and Barbossa. Pete takes off. Jack and Will finish the story and Sora and Ruby head back to the ship with the others.

"Jack, good luck." Sora states.

"And remember to be good!" Donald states.

"I'm off." Jack states. Elizabeth hugs Will.

"Elizabeth and Will really love each other." Ruby whispers.

"You have someone you love too, right Ruby?" Sora asks.

"Mhm. And I'll see him again. For sure. And then I'll tell him my feelings." Ruby explains. Sora's face turns red from Roxas hearing what Ruby said. Jack's compass lifts up and begins to glow. The keyblade begins to glow. Sora unlocks the world.

"We're finished!" Ruby exclaims.

"Yeah! Let's go!" Sora replies.

"To the next world!" Ruby says and they head back to the gummiship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 164 24
(Book 4) After a year of sleeping and getting her memories back, Hikari continues her journey with Sora, Donald and Goofy to search for Riku and King...
275K 2.7K 126
••• REQUESTS CLOSED••• I do not own Kingdom hearts, Square Enix or any of the characters in the game. Nor do I own you. Only yours and the characters...
9.1K 328 44
Xena Ross is a 17 year-old girl in high school who lives with one of her older brothers. Her memories of her past don't seem to reach back too far, b...
13K 262 30
(Book 7) Hikari goes with Sora, Donald and Goofy to embark on a new journey to unlock her true power of the Princess of Kingdom Hearts and help Sora...