Key to the Heart - A Kingdom...

By PhoenixBunny456

Ruby was born in another world (the real world) and at an early age, she learned that no one has happy ending... More

Chapter 1: Ruby!
Chapter 2: Ruby's First Friends and the New Girl?
Chapter 3: Ruby's First Touch of Loneliness!
Chapter 4: First Ever Reunion!
Chapter 5: Inseparable Friends!
Chapter 6: Friendly Conversations!
Chapter 7: Secrets Even in Friendships!
Chapter 8: First Friendship Fight!
Chapter 9: Reconnecting?
Chapter 10: Xion Vanishes!
Chapter 11: Finding Xion!
Chapter 12: Saying Goodbye!
Chapter 13: Sora, Donald and Goofy!
Chapter 14: Ruby Taken Over By Darkness!
Chapter 15: Beast's Castle!
Chapter 16: Saving Beast!
Chapter 18: Escaping The Underworld!
Chapter 19: Olympus Coliseum!
Chapter 20: Disney Castle Is Under Attack!
Chapter 21: Pirate Tales!
Chapter 22: And Fish Tails!
Chapter 23: The Knight of Nightmare!
Chapter 24: Friends In All Shapes and Sizes!
Chapter 25: The True King of the Pride Lands!
Chapter 26: Not Ready To Say Goodbye Yet!
Chapter 27: DTD
Chapter 28: Reunion At Hollow Bastion!
Chapter 29: Under The Sea and Saving China - Again!
Chapter 30: When You Give Your Entire Being In An Attack!
Chapter 31: We'll Meet Again - I'll Make Sure of It!
Chapter 32: Let's Be Friends, Naminé!
Chapter 33: Sora and Riku's Return - Axel's Return To Radiant Gardens!
Chapter 34: Keep Your Hands Off Our Light!
Chapter 35: Heart's Intertwined!
Chapter 36: The Search For Roxas Begins!
Chapter 37: Meeting Little Chef and the Old Mansion Computer!
Chapter 38: Helping Friends!
Chapter 39: Saving Ansem the Wise and Freeing Aqua From Darkness
Chapter 40: Axel and Ventus's Reunion!
Chapter 41: Roxas's Return and the Adopted Siblings Reunite!
Chapter 42: Key To The Heart

Chapter 17: Land of Dragons!

25 0 0
By PhoenixBunny456

The group arrives in the world. Ruby blinks confused as she looks down at herself. Her outfit had completely changed. She looked as if she was wearing armor.

"What happened with my clothes?" Ruby asks.

"It's Donald's magic! Whenever we enter a new world, we sometimes change outfits." Sora says.

"Why didn't your outfit change?" Ruby asks, "Or Donald and Goofy?" Sora shrugs.

"Why is it just me?" Ruby asks confused, "Donald, I want my usual clothes back."

"It doesn't work that way." Donald says.

"Huh?" Goofy asks and he gets the group's attention.

"A heartless?" Donald asks.

"Let's get a jump on 'em." Sora says.

"Gawrsh, maybe we better look before we leap." Goofy says.

"Wait here, Ruby, so you're safe." Sora says as Donald and Sora ignore Goofy.

"This... might end badly." Ruby says. Ruby rushes over behind the trio and Donald and Sora yell out battle cries. Ruby watches as the person lets out a scream while a lizard type creature screams as well.

"Wait... was that a girly scream?" Ruby asks.

"Is that Mushu?" Goofy asks.

"That's right, I know you heard of me! I'm little, lethal and legendary!" The lizard creature named Mushu says, "Now y'all scram before I get my dragon dander up!"

"Hey, Mushu. We missed you." Sora states.

"You know the little lizard thing?" Ruby asks almost silently.

"Well, you better hope I miss you or you're – you're... Sora! Donald! Goofy! Who's the other person?" Mushu says.

"Do you know them?" The person asks.

"Know them?! Man, we used to kick all kinds of bad guy butt together." Mushu says, "Yeah, you know, I helped these guys out of a lot of tight spots. 'Cause I'm a mighty dragon! Right?" He leans against Sora's leg and falls when Sora moves it.

"Something like that." Sora says, "And... you are?"

"I'm Mulan... Um, no I-I mean..." The person says.

"PING!" Mushu says.

"Ping?" Ruby asks.

'Does she really expect anyone to believe she's a man?' Ruby's thoughts ask.

"Mulan Ping?" Donald asks.

"Just... Ping. I am Ping, son of Fa Zhou." Mulan says trying to sound like a guy.

"You know Mushu?" Sora asks.

"Mushu's one of my family's guardians." Mulan says.

"We didn't know we were borrowin' somebody as important as a family guardian." Goofy says.

"Yeah, that's right! And that puts you three up to your eyeballs in debt to Ping here. Well, guess what, kiddies? It's payback time!" Mushu says.

"What?" Ruby asks confused.

Mushu..." Mulan says.

"Ah, they don't mind. Ain't that right?" Mushu asks.

"Hmm, sounds fair." Sora says.

"See, Ping here was just on his way to join the Imperial army." Mushu says.

"Oh. Women must not be able to join the army. That's why I'm in this weird armor." Ruby says.

"You're a girl?" Mulan asks.

"Uh... yeah..." Ruby says.

"We gotta go find the other recruits over at the training camp." Mushu explains.

"Would you join us? It'll be easier to fit in if I'm with guys like you." Mulan replies.

"What do you mean fit in?" Sora asks.

"Well, um, uh, don't – don't worry about that." Mushu says.

"You're pretending to be a boy, aren't 'cha?" Goofy asks and Donald and Sora freak out in shock.

"You're a... girl?!" Sora asks shocked.

"You didn't notice?" Mulan asks.

'So I was right! Ping, rather, Mulan is a girl!' Ruby's thoughts say, 'I suppose I should come up with a male name too for myself.'

"Actually, I noticed right away." Ruby says, "I didn't want to say anything though."

"Not-uh!" Donald says.

"Not me." Sora says.

"I think its working." Mulan tells Mushu.

"I don't know – those two would fall for anything." Mushu says.

"I'm starting to agree on that." Ruby states as Mulan starts walking.

"I'm right here!" Sora says as Ruby follows after Mulan.

"Hey guys, while we're here, call be Rube." Ruby says.

"Why?" Sora asks.

"Weren't you listening? Girls can't be in the army." Ruby explains.

"Oh." Sora says.

"Breath... should I take a deep?" Ruby is shown sitting alone on the clocktower as she stares out at the sunset. "Faith... should I take the leap?" Roxas is shown in his organization thirteen cloak with the hood up. "Taste... what a bittersweet!" The two are shown walking the opposite direction of one another before they are shown looking at one another from over their shoulders. "All my, all my life!" Axel is shown walking over to Roxas and putting his arm around his neck and pulls him away. "Let me face!" Ruby is shown looking away as she stood alone. "Let me face!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown running from Nobodies that suddenly attack. "Let me face my fears!" Roxas is shown looking down sadly as he was forced to follow orders. "Let me face! Let me face! Let me face my fears!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown laughing as she sits next to Roxas as the two talk. "Won't be long!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown standing with shock on her face as Roxas is shown standing in front of her. "Won't be long!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown crying as she stood alone. "I'm almost here!" Light flashes as Sora and Roxas are shown on separate screens before Roxas is shown fading away and Sora is shown alone. "Watch me cry all my tears!" Ruby is staring at the sky as it looked like doves fly around her. "Let me face!" Light flashes as Ruby is shown floating back as she reached up. "Let me face!" Roxas, Ruby, Xion and Axel are shown laughing together as Ruby and Roxas sat beside one another. "Let me face my fears!" Music continues to play as Ruby and Roxas are shown reuniting before Ruby is shown sitting alone as she stares at out the sky and the title is shown above her.

The group heads into camp and Ruby looks over at Mulan to see her walking strangely. Ruby just blinks confused as she continues walking with Sora, Donald and Goofy. Sora gets pushed by a short guy and Sora gets angry.

"Hey, no cutting!" Sora says.

"Get out!" Donald says. The guy turns and punches Sora and Ruby's eyes widen.

"Uh oh." Ruby says. Donald tackles the guy just as a tall big guy and a tall skinny guy joins the group and Ruby ducks into hiding as she watches the group sort of fight.

"PLEASE!" Mulan says.

"Please?" A tall skinny guy asks.

"Uh... knock it off!" Mulan says.

"Knock what off?" The short guy asks.

"You punched me." Sora says.

"Cutting in line!" Donald yells.

"What a shrimp!" The tall skinny guy replies.

"Who you callin' a shrimp, panda lips? I'm a bona fide guardian dragon!" Mushu says.

"Let's just get back in line, okay?" Mulan suggests.

"Whose side are you on? I just got slugged!" Sora says.

"The side where I don't get slugged." Ruby whispers from where she was hiding behind Goofy.

"Want some more?" The short guy asks.

"Soldiers! Get back in line!" A voice orders and the group looks over.

"The captain!" The tall skinny guy says and Ruby rushes over and stands behind Sora while Donald, Goofy and Mulan stand behind her. After the captain walks away. Sora peeks around the tall big guy at the short guy. Ruby gasps as she grabs onto Sora's shoulder and he looks over and gasps as well.

"What are they?" Mulan asks.

"Heartless!" Sora says and he looks at Ruby, "Go." Ruby nods and she rushes and hides.

"You know, I should really learn how to fight so that I don't have to hide all the time." Ruby says.

"We'll deal with that another time." Sora says, "Ping, I hope you're ready."

The group fights off the heartless. After the Heartless are dealt with, the group gets to work. At first, Mulan's enlistment was denied, but she quickly completed the tasks given to her and she grew stronger at the same time. Everything seemed to be on track before Mushu spoke up. It seems he spotted the infamous Shan-Yu, leader f the Hun Army. Sora, Ruby and the group head in search of Shan-Yu. They discover a cave in which the notorious warrior was supposedly hiding inside. Mulan thought defeating Shan-Yu would surely impress the captain. However, when they arrive, Shan-Yu was nowhere to be seen. The location was a trap laid out to distract them while Shan-Yu's army attacked the troops.

[Later]

The group returns to where they had left the troops and find the place destroyed. Ruby looks around as her eyes widen in shock. She couldn't believe that they'd fallen for a trap.

"Oh no..." Ruby says. Mulan walks forward to look around and she spots the Captain trying to stand himself up.

"Captain!" Mulan yells before rushing over to him.

"Don't overdo it, Captain." Sora says.

"It's just a scratch." The captain replies but he falls over.

"Captain, the enemy! Where did they go?" Mulan asks.

"They went toward the summit..." The Captain replies.

"We'll stop them!" Mulan says.

"It kinda is our fault." Goofy says.

"Right." Mulan says.

"You mean my fault..." Mushu says.

"Uh-uh." Donald says.

"Shan-Yu and the Heartless did this, not us!" Sora says, "Captain, if you track down the villagers, we'll handle this." The Captain nods and Ruby looks at Sora.

'Every day... I'm seeing the differences between Sora and Roxas. Of course, seeing these differences... They only make me miss Roxas more.' Ruby's thoughts say as she runs after Sora and the others, 'Roxas... You promised... you promised that we'd see each other again... I'll make sure that happens.'

[Later]

They head towards the summit but stop when they spot Shan-Yu at the top. Ruby's eyes widen in shock. A bunch of Heartless show up behind him.

"Uh... There's nowhere for me to hide up here." Ruby says.

"Yeah, I've noticed. Just stick close to us!" Sora says and Ruby nods. They fight off the first wave before their three friends show up to help. Mulan aims a cannon at the mountain and Ruby looks up.

"Oh no..." Ruby says. Snow falls towards them and everyone rushes to get to safety. Ruby grabs Sora who was staring up in shock in disbelief and pulls him away. Everyone manages to get out of the way of the avalanche and Ruby whines.

"That was scary." Ruby says.

"We should find the others." Sora says and the group heads in search of the others, "Ping! Captain!"

"Oh boy, you're okay!" Goofy says.

"You all knew, didn't you?" The Captain asks.

"Uh... knew?" Ruby asks.

"You knew Ping was really a woman in disguise." The Captain says.

'Uh oh.' Ruby's thoughts say.

"Uh..." The group says. The Captain dismisses them and Ruby blinks confused. He orders the rest of the men to leave. Ruby looks up at Mulan. Mulan takes off the heavy armor and lets down her hair.

"Thank you everyone. Sorry I got you all in trouble." Mulan says.

"It's no big deal." Sora says, "So Ping, uh... I mean, Mulan, what're you gonna do now?"

"Go back home." Mulan says.

"You know, your daddy's gonna be steamed as a chicken dumpling." Mushu says.

"Relax; we'll take our share of the blame." Sora says.

"Thanks. You're all wonderful friends." Mulan says.

The group heads to move out. Ruby stops when she hears the sound of a bird. She looks into the sky as she didn't see anything except snow. She catches sight of the bird and sees it fly towards the ground. They hear a roaring sound a few moments later.

"Oh no..." Ruby says and they head towards the sound of the roaring. They find Shan-Yu alive.

"Shan-Yu?" Mulan asks.

"He's alive." Sora says.

"He's heading for the imperial city!" Mulan says, "We've got to warn Shang!" The group nods and they rush after the troops as fast as they can.

[Later]

They arrive in the city and Mulan calls out for the Captain. He stops and looks back at her.

"Shan-Yu is alive. He's headed this way." Mulan explains.

"And why should I believe you this time?" Shang asks.

"But... she's telling you the truth." Sora says. Ruby looks up with Donald when they hear the bird call out once more. The group looks around and find Shan-Yu on top of the palace.

"Guard the palace! Do not let them anywhere near the emperor!" Shang yells and the three friends rush towards the palace while some of the remaining men get turned to Heartless.

"Captain! We'll secure the courtyard, and you can save the emperor!" Sora yells.

"That's an order!" Donald says.

"Ruby, get to safety." Sora says.

"You don't have to tell me twice." Ruby says and she rushes away. Sora and the others fight off the heartless and free the hearts of the men. They head towards the palace and head inside to find Shan-Yu holding a knife to the emperor's neck. Shang gets the emperor to safety and Ruby hides behind a pillar.

"It ends now!" Mulan says.

"Right now!" Sora says before Shan-Yu turns himself into a heartless. He begins attacking and Ruby screams as he makes other heartless appear in the fight and they begin attacking her. She runs from the extra heartless and Sora and the others cut them down. They manage to take down Shan-Yu and Ruby whines as she sat on the ground behind Sora from all her running around.

"Now that's what I call burning some hunny-bun! Aw, yeah! Mulan's the best! Mulan's the best!" Mushu says, "No wait a minute, I'm the best! Mushu's the best! Mushu's the best!"

"How did the Heartless even see me?" Ruby says.

"We're definitely going to have to figure out something for you to do while we're fighting." Sora says as he holds out his hand to help Ruby stand.

"I'm not much of a fighter." Ruby says.

"That's the problem." Sora says and Ruby sighs. The emperor comes out of the palace and the group stands together.

"I've heard a great deal about you, Fa Mulan." The emperor says and Mulan bows before him, "You stole your father's armor, ran away from home, impersonated an imperial soldier, you deceived your commanding officer, shamed the entire Chinese army, and dishonored your family name." The emperor says.

"We get the picture." Sora says.

"Shush." Ruby tells Sora.

"You're a young woman. And in the end... you have saved us all." The emperor says and Ruby, Sora, Donald and Goofy gasp in shock as the emperor bows before Mulan. All the people in the audience around the palace begin to bow and the group gasps in shock.

"Wow..." Sora and Ruby say in unison.

"Your Excellency." Mulan says.

"Captain Li..." The emperor says. Shang holds out the weapon of Shan-Yu and presents it to Mulan.

"Take this, so the world will know what it is you have done for China." The emperor says.

"Thank you." Mulan says.

"Mulan." Shang says.

"Yes?" Mulan asks.

"Sora, Rube..." Shang says.

"Sir!" Sora says.

"Actually it's Ruby but yes?" Ruby says.

"Donald, Goofy." Shang says.

"Hmm?" The group asks.

"Thank you." Shang says.

"Thank you? Is that all there is to say, Captain?" The emperor asks, "If you wish to win the heart of Fa Mulan, China's bravest woman, you'll have to be a bit more eloquent than that!" Shang's mouth drops open in shock while Ruby giggles.

"So the love story here was Mulan and Captain Shang." Ruby says, "Cute."

"Can I get an autograph?" Sora asks Mulan.

"Thanks for everything, Sora." Mulan says.

"Now they GOTTA let me go back to being a guardian! They GOTTA!" Mushu exclaims.

"But Mushu, I thought you already WERE a family guardian?" Goofy asks.

"What? Oh, no, no – don't even worry about that, that's just real technical. Just for us guardians." Mushu says.

"You tricked us!" Sora says.

"Hmm? Oh, uh, heh, heh, you know..." Mushu says and Sora chases Mushu around. Mulan gasps when the sword begins resonating.

"Sora! The key to opening the gate!" Ruby says and Sora looks over as the keyblade appears in his hand. Sora uses the sword gifted to Mulan and the keyblade to open the gate. He jumps back and unlocks the gate. It unlocks and Sora walks back over to the group.

"Okay!" Donald says.

"You know, that's really cool to see." Ruby says.

'I wonder if that's how the Keyblade worked for Roxas...' Ruby's thoughts say.

"Guess it's about time to be movin' on." Goofy says.

"You shall be missed." The emperor says.

"Is it okay, if we come back to visit?" Sora asks.

"Of course!" Mulan says.

"We will look forward to your return." Shang says.

"You two play nice." Sora says.

"Whoa. Watch it, Soldier!" Shang says while Mulan blushes. Mushu and Mulan end up laughing.

"Goodbye, Sora, Ruby, Donald, Goofy!" Mulan says. The group all waves as they vanish from the world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

452 55 9
Come and relive the KH stories that are rewritten by me and starring the one and only OC of mine: Hikari, the Princess of Kingdom Hearts. The Heart...
19.6K 630 30
Y/n a girl from who is a very talented keyblade master known threw out the world. She is soon kidnapped after her small encounter with Sora, Donald...
5.9K 164 24
(Book 4) After a year of sleeping and getting her memories back, Hikari continues her journey with Sora, Donald and Goofy to search for Riku and King...
119K 2.4K 37
Y/n, a boy of mystery. No one has a clue where he came from nor how he got to the island. He thought he was normal but that clearly was not the case...