Wielder of the Phoenix

By Ragnark517

Izuku Midoriya, the twin of Izumi Midoriya, son of Inko Midoriya and Hisashi Midoriya, the latter being bette... More

Chapter 1 - Beginnings
Chapter 2 - History was wrong
Chapter 3 - All Might
Chapter 4 - Awakening
Chapter 5 - Breaking Point
Chapter 6 - Gran Torino
Chapter 7 - New Powers
Chapter 8 - Reunion
Chapter 9 - Shifting (1/2)
Chapter 10 - Shifting (2/2)
Chapter 11 - Changes
Chapter 12 - 10 Months
Chapter 13
Author's note 1
Chapter 14 - True Hero
Chapter 15 - Taking the Flight Home
Chapter 16 - Meeting the Urarakas
Chapter 17 - Nighteye
Chapter 18 - Acceptance letters
Chapter 19 - An Encounter
Chapter 20 - Class 1-A
Chapter 21 - Physical Assessments
Chapter 22 - A chat with Nezu (edited)
Chapter 23 - The Cat learns the Truth
Chapter 24 - Battle Training Begins!
Chapter 25 - Uneven Odds
Chapter 26 - Technical Issues
Chapter 27 - The Calm
Chapter 28 - Unleash The Storm
Chapter 29 - Flames of the Phoenix
Chapter 30 - Aftermath
Chapter 31 - Conferences
Chapter 32 - History Lessons for Adults (And Ochako)
Kinda Important Announcements
Chapter 33 - Blaze gets his ass kicked
Chapter 34 - Her Parents Are Pissed Off
Chapter 35 - A Discussion and the Shadow's True Leader
Chapter 36 - Plans and Punishment
Chapter 37 - Training

Chapter 39 - Sports Festival

420 10 4
By Ragnark517

Izuku's training was brutal. And that wasn't the beginning of it. Foster prevented him from using the phoenix force and instead had him focus on developing his senses and combat skills through what seemed to be overkill.

Izuku would spend an hour in front of a tennis ball launcher and had to punch each and every ball that came his way. The machine was at defaulted to fire the tennis balls at full speed. That means that Izuku spent the first half of his first week training with Roger getting pelted till he was sore.

The second half of his training was just at brutal. 50 push ups on his knuckles, 50 push ups on his fingertips, a few core exercises, a little bit of running (10 kilometres, nothing more and nothing less) and finally some close combat to improve the way he used Colossus' abilities.

In under a week's time, Izuku went from getting his ass handed to him in training to stalemating soldiers in combat. By the second week, he was able to go toe to toe with Lieutenant Cage with a 2 out of 10 chance of beating the man.

Ochako went through similar training with Foster, focusing more on hit-and-run tactics since it suited her quirk as well as the type of hero she wanted to be.

She would do the same tennis ball launcher exercise except, instead of punching the balls away like Izuku, she had to dodge the balls. Unfortunately, her results were the same as those of Izuku, who was pelted by the tennis balls for almost a week. After almost 4 hours of being bruised by tennis balls, Ochako would go through the same basic exercises that Izuku did, only they were modified to suit Ochako's training regimen.

While this was going on, the other students were being tortured—yes,  tortured. Because yes, that was what was going on in their training. They would be beaten black and blue by the soldiers before being forced to run a 10K, perform 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups and 100 squats every single day, on top of combat training with their respective trainers. Many of the students would even faint during the run, and those that were able to complete the set were too exhausted to even complain.

But it all paid off because, by the end of the two weeks of training, Izuku and everyone in class 1-A and 1-B had become considerably stronger. Some of the students even improved their quirks, unlocking new moves thanks to the training.

2 weeks later, all the students and their parents had assembled at the UA stadium. The arena was heavily guarded by agents, and all the parents had been given a guard who was ordered to stay with them the entire time they were at UA.

Nezu thought it was a little bit excessive but after the events of USJ, he knew it was needed. The guards weren't for the safety of the parents, rather they were to ensure that Izuku was able to stay under control while he fought in the showcase battle.

"Thank you all for joining us today." Nezu greets the parents. "As you all have already been informed, we'll be replacing this year's sports festivals with a showcase due to recent events. Eraserhead will take you through the entire event. Students are requested to pay attention to the next announcement because it will happen only once."

Aizawa walks up to the stage Nezu was on and sighs on the mic. "I'll make this quick. Everyone from both class 1-A and 1-B will be fighting Shimura Izuku and Uraraka Ochako. That's your task. There are 45 individuals who will be placed across the arena, they will be responsible for tracking your progresses and scoring you all. If there are students from the other courses who would like to take part in the battle, you can talk to Present Mic. The challenge is open to all students, so please take this as your chance to show off to the staff what you're capable off. And what you've learned in the past two weeks. And before all the parents ask me about the fairness of all of this, let it be known that this was a request from the people who trained the students." He informs the students.

"What do you mean?" One of the parents asks from the crowd.

"For the past two weeks, if you hadn't already known, UA has been... taking the help of an organization that is well-versed in training young men and women." Nezu answers. "And no, this will only be for the next few years, as it will give us some time to get familiar with their training patterns, which will then become a part of UA's standard curriculum. And the reason for this change was the recent attack on Class 1-A during their Hero Training class at USJ. You can meet the trainers later, after the match is over. If you have any concerns, feel free to schedule a meeting with me during the next week. After next week, we will not be entertaining any questions pertaining to the change in teaching because we all have work to do and I believe it would be better if we didn't waste time on things like this."

There is a wave of muttering from the crowd of parents. As they all settle down, Mic walks up to the stand to make an announcement for the students. "All students get 10 minutes to prepare. And all parents are requested to move to the stands and take their seats."

Izuku and Ochako were sitting in one of the changing rooms, sitting and discussing what they were going to do.

"You good?" Izuku asks her.

"Yeah. We both know this was coming." Ochako sighs. "It's just two of us against, like, 40 of them. Plus, those asses are there in that group."

"I could always lend you some energy and boost your attacks." Izuku suggests.

"Thanks for the offer, but I want to do this on my own." Ochako says with a determined smile.

"Ready?" Izuku asks her.

"Yep." Ochako answers as they leave the changing rooms. "Let's fuck people up a little."

Izuku nods as he activates Colossus' adamantium skin over his arms and legs and got ready for the fight.

"Alright folks, the rules are simple. At the end of 20 minutes, the side with the least damage or the least number of individuals lost will win. Now this may seem like a disadvantage for Team Uraraka and Shimura, but their quirks and abilities have been taken into consideration for this event." Mic tells the audience. "This will be the only round for this year's sports festival but it is an all encompassing event."

"Are the students ready?" Eraserhead asks everyone. The students simply turned towards Izuku and Ochako and nodded. "Alright then, Go!!!!!!!"

Everyone charges immediately at the couple, with Iida being one of the first students to reach them.

"No hard feelings!" Iida tells the two of them as he leaps into the air and rears his leg back for a kick.

"Ditto." Izuku responds as he intercepts the kick by grabbing Iida's leg mid air and tosses him the other way.

"Hey!! I wanted to float Iida and see him spin in the air like a beyblade!" Ochako whines as the two dodge some tape and vines.

"You can have the next one." Izuku tells her as he dodges some ice courtesy of Shoko.

"She's mine!" Ochako exclaims as she runs up to the girl, leaping over the ice that she created and slaps her right in the face.

"OWWWW!" Shoko exclaims as she starts to float into the air. "RELEASE ME!!"

"I don't think so bitch!" Ochako says as she dodges a fire attack. "Oh and word of advice, don't try and attack us down here or you'll go further up. Newtons Laws and stuff, ya know!"

Shoko tries to hit Ochako with a torrent of flames but gets propelled into the sky.

"I literally told you not to do that! Real smart, Todoroki!" Ochako yells as she dodges an explosion courtesy of Katsumi.

"Shoko Todoroki is out of bounds. She has been disqualified from the match." Mic announces as Endeavour simply sighs at the sight of his daughter failing due to her own mistake.

"Ochako!" Izuku yells for his girlfriend. "You want to test out that move we came up with the other day?"

"Which one? We came up with a book full of moves." Ochako asks him as she blocks an explosive punch from Katsumi.

"The one where we do a superhero landing at the end!" Izuku yells back as he leaps over Mineta before hitting him with a weak beam of energy, sending him flying out of bounds while Izuku lands near Sero. 

"Mineta is out." Aizawa announces.

The tape-quirked boy was quick to react because of his training but with Psionic energy boosting his body, Izuku out-sped the boy and punched him in the gut and followed with a kick to the side.

Sero blocks the kick, conjuring some tape so he could wrap Izuku. He throws the tape at the boy only for Izuku to dodge at the last second. Unfortunately for Izuku, this was something that Sero had expected and had prepared for. Just as Izuku leapt into the air to dodge, he was hit by acid and electricity at the same time.

'Shit.' Izuku thinks to himself as a small explosion sends him falling onto the ground. 'Katsuki still hits harder.' Izuku thinks to himself as he dusts himself off after getting up.

"Izuku! You good?" Ochako asks him as she dodges another one of Katsumi's attacks, slowly making her way towards Izuku.

"Yeah. I've had worse explosions before." Izuku answers, non-chalantly as he rushes to Ochako's aid, drop kicking Katsumi into Iida who was making his way towards the duo at a reasonably high velocity.

"Sorry Iida. Once again, no hard feelings, right?" Izuku yells at his friend as Katsumi crashed into Ingenium's younger brother. "Ochako, you ready?" Izuku asks her as they both wait, surrounded by members of both classes.

"Iida is out." Aizawa announces as Iida tumbled out of the arena while Katsumi used her explosions to keep her on the arena.

"How about we do this four at a time. 4 of you against 2 of us!" Izuku suggests. "The second one team is out, the next team can hop on immediately. Sounds fair?"

"Sounds fair enough to me!" Katsuki exclaims as he leaps straight for Izuku.

"No, you'll have to wait. I'm saving the best for the last!" Izuku tells him as he dodges Katsuki's right hook, grabs Katsuki by the body and tosses him back towards the others. "Wait your turn. There's more than enough of us to go around! Though that is only for this match. Outside, we are pretty exclusive." Izuku answers.

"Scott! I do not say such things!!!! You'll make people think I'm crazy!!" Izuku yells at Scott who was currently controlling Izuku's body.

"Chill out. Confidence goes a long way when you're a hero." Magik tells him.

"How about us?" Kirishima asks as he walks into the centre with Tetsutetsu.

"Yeah! That metal you've been using till now, it seems pretty durable. I'd like to test it out!" Tetsutetsu exclaims, banging his knuckles together, creating sparks.

"Gladly!" Izuku responds as he hardens his arms and rushes at the duo. Izuku counters their punches with both his hands, grabbing their fists and pushing back. "You're strong but not strong enough!"

"Don't count us out just yet!" Kirishima exclaims as his body starts to harden even more, creating jagged spikes all over his body. "RED RIOT: UNBREAKABLE!"

"I might not look different, but this isn't steel anymore!" Tetsutetsu exclaims, his skin going from a steelish grey to a shinier silver. "I unlocked a new ability too. Training with those sadists in the last two weeks! Though I don't know what to call it."

"Adamantium/Adamantium." Izuku and Scott exclaim at the same time.

"Adamantium... nice name dude!" Tetsutetsu exclaims. "REAL STEEL: ADAMANTIUM!" He yells as both boys push against Izuku together.

"Scott, move over. Let a pro handle this." Colossus tells Scott as he takes control over Izuku's body.

"That's a nice try guys." Izuku responds. "But here's how you really do it"! Izuku exclaims as he hardens his whole body, covering himself in Adamantium much like Colossus.

"Holy fuck! That is manly!" Kirishima exclaims.

"How are you copying us?" Tetsutetsu asks him.

"Long story. Though I should point out that this is the original ability." Izuku answers as he turns his whole body around, the sound of metal creaking filling the area as he tossed the two boys at the outer part of the circle. The parents winced as the two students crashed into the walls of the arena, both of them yelling a 'We're okay!' as soon as they crashed.

"Kirishima Eijiro of Class 1-A and Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu of Class 1-B are out of bounds." Mic announces as there is a loud crash followed by clattering of metal. "It also looks like Yaoyorozu Momo and Ashido Mina are out as well. And they've given Uraraka Ochako a weapon."

Ochako flips the staff in her hands, executing a perfect toss before slamming it into the ground next to her.

"Who's next!" Ochako exclaims, ready to fight.

"That was so cool." Izuku whispers to her.

"I know right." Ochako whispers back, a smile on her face. "I didn't expect to catch it!"

"Mind giving me that staff? I'd like to try something." Izuku says as Ochako hands him the staff.

"Hey Katsuki! Want to see me recreate your quirk?" Izuku ask him as he tosses the stick in the air, the stick had a glow around it, symbolising that Izuku was using his Telekinesis. Izuku smirks as he throws the stick at Katsuki and Katsumi who leap out of the way before the stick could hit the ground.

As the metal staff touches the ground, it releases a burst of energy that explodes outwards, catching both the Bakugou twins, sending them crashing into some of the Class B members.

"Sheesh... that was too much power." Izuku mutters to himself. "But that should keep them out for a bit." He saw Kendo rushing up to him from the corner of his eye. Kendo expands her hands, hoping to punch Izuku. "That's not going to work." Izuku responds as he stops the punch with relative ease. "Word of advice, don't hit opponents who are made of metal with your bare fists." He tells her as he lifts her up and tosses her out of the ring.

"Kendo is out." Aizawa responds.

"Ice Age!" Shoto exclaims, freezing the entire arena.

"Bad move . You've just gotten your friends stuck in ice." Izuku respond as he breaks the ice away with a psionic blast. Shoto skates his way to the boy, his fist on fire. 'Is that Jet Fire Fist?' Izuku thinks to himself as he tries to move out of the way only to see Izumi standing in front of him. 

"Don't you dare run Deku!!" Izumi yells as she uses flaming constructs to keep him in place.

"JET FIRE FIST!" Shoto yells as he punches Izuku with fire covering the boy.

"IZUKU!!!" Ochako yells as she tries to free herself from the ice.

"Worry about yourself!" Katsumi exclaims as she comes in with a barrage of explosive blasts. Ochako uses her training to dodge the attacks as best as she could, parrying them down to the arena so she could be freed or to the side.

"Sumi!" Ochako hears Katsuki yells. Katsuki smirks as she blasts away, putting Ochako directly in Katsuki's line of fire. "HOWITZER IMPACT!!" Katsuki yells as he releases a massive blast towards Ochako.

Ochako braces herself, covering her face from the blast with the blast seemingly stop, being contained in some form of barrier.

"What the hell!!" Katsuki exclaims as he turns around to see Izuku holding Izumi in a chokehold with one hand and controlling the explosion with his telekinesis. "Izumi!!" The boy exclaims as he blasts towards Izuku only for the boy to toss Shoko at Katsuki, sending both to the edge of the arena. "That was too far!" Izuku tells them. "Jet Fire Fist and Howitzer Impact are too dangerous for training." He mutters as he uses both hands to direct the explosion into the air before releasing it.

"This isn't training!" Katsuki exclaims as he gets up. "This is a battle!"

"Oh really?" Izuku responds. "Well, if that's the case then I should stop holding back too." Izuku tells him. Izuku raises his hands, lifting all the remaining participants, save for Ochako.

"What the-" Monoma exclaims as he tries to free himself from the telekinetic hold.

"Now, I can either choke you all out or toss you out of the ring." Izuku tells them. "Your choice Bakugou."

"Shimura... let them go." Aizawa says.

"They're all in the arena. The match is still on." Izuku inform his homeroom teacher.

"Shimura and Uraraka win by mass forfeit." Frost announces.

"WE HAVEN'T FORFEIT!!" Katsumi yells as she struggles to free herself.

"In case you haven't noticed Bakugou Katsumi, you are at Shimura Izuku's complete mercy. He could, if he so chooses, kill you in an instant." Frost tells him. "And there wouldn't be a single thing your teachers would be able to do about that."

"Let them go Izuku." Rogers tells Izuku. Izuku nods as he releases his grip on the group, causing them to fall down onto the arena.

"WHY YOU!!!!" Katsuki yells as he gets up and dashes at Izuku only for two members of the Order to come and pin him down with staffs.

"The match is over." Frost repeats. "If you disobey another order, you will face the consequences." She warns Katsuki. 

"Well, it looks like Shimura and Uraraka have won. There isn't an award ceremony but great work everyone." Mic announces. 

"You'll have your results on Monday. You all are dismissed." Frost tells them. "If you're injured, go see Recovery Girl. And meet your homeroom teacher before you leave with your parents." 

The students nods as they drag themselves to the changing rooms. 

"Uraraka, Shimura, you two follow me." Rogers tells them, as the two students are separated from their peers and taken to a different room. 

Surprise......

I'll start this book again soon. Don't worry I won't discontinue this just yet. I still have my notes on this but expect not more than one update per month. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

433K 17.6K 61
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
1M 18.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
331K 19.1K 72
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
641K 39.2K 103
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...