Shattered Souls (BTS)

By littletroublemaker_

Escaping fate is not easy. Growing up with a soulless mother, Madeline didn't want a soul mate. But when she... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1: Madeline
Chapter 2: Madeline
Chapter 3: BTS
Chapter 4: Jungkook
Chapter 5: Madeline
Chapter 6: Yoongi
Chapter 7: Madeline
Chapter 8: Hoseok
Chapter 9: Madeline
Chapter 10: Madeline
Chapter 11: Namjoon
Chapter 12: Madeline
Chapter 13 - Seokjin
Chapter 14 - Taehyung
Chapter 15: Jimin
Chapter 16: Hoseok
Chapter 17: Jimin
Chapter 18: Madeline
Chapter 19: Madeline
Chapter 20 - Namjoon
Chapter 21 - Madeline
Chapter 22 - Madeline
Chapter 23 - Madeline
Chapter 24: Seokjin
Chapter 25 - Madeline
Chapter 26 - Jungkook
Chapter 27: Madeline
Chapter 28: Yoongi
Chapter 29: Madeline
Chapter 30: Madeline
Chapter 31: Madeline
Chapter 32: Seokjin
Chapter 33: Madeline
Chapter 34: Namjoon
Chapter 35: Madeline
Chapter 36: Madeline
Chapter 37: Hoseok
Chapter 38: Madeline
Chapter 40: Madeline
Chapter 41: Madeline
Chapter 42: Taehyung
Chapter 43: Madeline
Chapter 44: Madeline

Chapter 39: Jimin

877 63 2
By littletroublemaker_

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, Destined, and The King's Lost Queen. You can also read ahead of my new stories Shattered Souls plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2310

POV: Jimin

HIS HEART WAS pounding in his chest.

Around him, his brothers were rushing around the house, getting themselves ready for tonight. They still had hours and other things to do before they were going to meet the rest of Madeline's family.

Her family. He was terrified. He had met her dad, stepmom, cousin, and brothers but not her mom.

Jimin had never experienced this before. Whilst some of his hyungs had, it had never been their soul mates' family. Terrified that he would be judged for not looking perfect, he wore a presentable suit and styled his hair formally.

The plan—according to Madeline—was to head over to her father's house, where the rest of her family would be there. It's only for a meal, She had told them, appearing just as nervous as them.

This was a big deal to her too. From everything she had disclosed about her mother, Madeline had originally intended to keep her away from them. But now she wanted to prove she was serious about them.

It warmed his heart to know she was doing this for them.

"You ready Jimin?" Jin softly knocked on his door and peeked through the small gap.

Jimin glanced over his shoulder, dragging his eyes away from the mirror. "Yes, I think so." He exhaled loudly, straightening his already-pressed suit jacket. "Are we heading off now?"

"Yes, Namjoon is insisting we arrive early. He wants to make a good impression." Jin informed him. Jin was wearing formal attire too and looked like the respectable man he was. "Come on, let's walk down together."

He followed after his hyung and tried to ignore his racing heart. It wasn't easy to keep his thoughts straight when he knew that this could affect his relationship with Madeline. They were slowly spending more time together and he didn't want to ruin his chances.

"Hyung," Jimin called Jin, causing the elder to stop. Jin turned around to face him, sensing Jimin's anxiety. "You briefly met her mom. Do you think she'll at least give us a chance?"

Jin pinched his lips together and took a moment to reply. "I hope so but from everything Madeline has told us, it seems unlikely. We have the support of the rest of her family, Jimin. I think that's enough."

Jimin chewed on his bottom lip, "But she's still Madeline's mom. That means something."

"Yes, it does." Jin sighed, averting his eyes to the plain wall. "Come on, we can't think negatively. We have to be strong. We are strong."

Jimin repeated his hyung's words like a mantra. Together, they couldn't be defeated.

The rest of BTS were waiting for them to arrive. Jungkook and Taehyung were quietly talking to each other, whilst Yoongi appeared ready to go back to bed. Namjoon and Hobi seemed to be the only ones excited about this.

"Are we ready to head off?" Namjoon clapped his hands, gaining all of their attention. It was clear in moments like this why Namjoon was their leader. He took charge when he needed to and always had their best interests at heart.

"Yep," Jin replied, swiping the car keys off the table.

They hopped into their rented van. It felt very similar to the car they had back in Korea.

"Can I be in charge of music?" Taehyung asked the group, his phone ready.

Jin and Namjoon exchanged a look. Since nobody else piped up, they conceded.

Taehyung played a variety of songs, filling the silence. In the back of Jimin's mind, he conjured up scenarios of how today could go wrong. He couldn't stop picturing her mom yelling at them—telling them their daughter didn't need them. While Jimin knew Madeline's relationship with her mom wasn't great, they were still related. Madeline still respected and loved her mom.

He had been told that his thoughts often spiraled. Once he latched onto an idea, it stuck with him. It even plagued him. For as long as he could remember, he had been like that. His friends have tried to work through it with him but he often found it difficult to fully accept that it was just his mind playing a cruel trick on him.

Madeline's father's house came into view ten minutes later. Jimin's mind flashed back to when he visited with Taehyung and Jungkook. They had spent time with Madeline's brothers. Jimin hoped that her younger brothers didn't dislike them.

Jin parked on the drive and ordered everyone out of the car. Jimin stood close to Hobi, seeking his confidence.

Namjoon combed a hand through his hair and stared at all of them. Jimin would have found this situation amusing in any other circumstance—they were all lined up like soldiers, waiting for orders—but knowing what they were marching towards had any amusement disappearing.

"Remember, we are just here for a meal. We've already met most of her family. If anybody is struggling, tell someone." Namjoon recited the same speech he gave earlier to them.

They all nodded their heads just as the door to the house was flung open. Madeline rushed out and approached them with a twinkle in her eyes. Over the past few days, Madeline had started opening up more and more to them. She no longer hid her emotions.

"Hi," She greeted, shyly. She swept her hair to one side and wore a cute dress. Jimin was taken aback by her alluring attire. Once again, he wondered how his soul mate could be so pretty.

"Hello," They all greeted back, each of them itching to touch her. Surprisingly, Madeline made the first move and hugged all of them.

When she came to him, he fluttered his eyes closed and savored the moment. Was it possible to miss something you had never experienced before? They had hugged a few times but this feeling arose the first time they embraced. His soul had missed this feeling.

"Can you hold my hand?" Jimin whispered into her ear, desperate to have her holding him when he met her mom.

"Of course," She murmured back in an equally soft tone. He nearly melted when her magnetic orbs landed on him.

After hugging Jungkook and Hobi—who both clung to her—she returned to his side and clutched his hand tightly. He finally felt like he could breathe.

She led them to her house and through the entrance. Even though Jimin had been here before, he still marveled at the many photos hung on the walls. There was one picture in particular that made his heart soar. It featured Madeline, her dad, stepmom, and brothers. Behind them was the sea. They all wore bright, happy smiles. Madeline didn't look troubled or worried.

He hadn't realized her eyes were on him until he dragged his eyes away from the photo.

"That's my favorite photo," She revealed to him quietly.

"You look happy," He mused.

"I was," She smiled back at him.

Madeline tugged him away from the wall, giving the rest of his friends the chance to gaze at the photo.

Jimin entered the dining room, where the rest of Madeline's family were sat. His eyes immediately landed on her mom—Larisa Jones. Her dark orbs surveyed each of them, coldly. He felt a shiver course down his spine when she assessed him.

"Hey guys," Madeline's father addressed them in a friendly manner. "Unfortunately dinner isn't quite ready yet. In the meantime, can I interest you in any drinks?"

"Sure," Namjoon took the lead.

Jin and Yoongi both offered to help her dad make the drinks. The rest of them sat down at the table. To Jimin's relief, Madeline sat next to him. She interlaced her fingers with his again and squeezed his hand to assure him she wasn't going anywhere.

"So, you guys have been in America for a while? How are you finding it?" Creed asked them, wanting to erase the awkwardness.

"We like America," Taehyung answered, smiling at him.

"Do you plan to stay in America permanently?" The voice came from Jimin's left. He had never heard her speak before so he wasn't startled by her rough, icy voice. Jimin was terrified to look at her. Instead, he glanced at his brothers, finding solace in the fact they were just as terrified as him.

"Mom," Madeline mumbled, warning her.

"Madeline, have any of you thought about that? Where will you be living? What if something goes wrong?" Her mother continued to fire questions at them, her eyes ablaze with determination.

"Lar—" Madeline's stepmom tried to intervene but received a sharp look from Larisa.

Madeline ducked her head, her shoulders trembling. Jimin shifted closer to her and tightened his hold on her.

It was at that moment, Jin and Yoongi entered the room with Madeline's father. They faltered as they took in the tense atmosphere.

"What's going on?" Oliver Smith queried, placing the tray of drinks onto the table.

Jin leaned down to ask the same question to Namjoon. Quietly, he recited what had been said to Jin and Yoongi.

That was when, to everyone's surprise, Yoongi and Jin spoke up.

"Miss Jones," Jin began, his voice calm and collected. "We're sorry if our existence annoys you. We're sorry you can't be happy for Madeline. We might not know each other well but we care for Madeline."

"Yes," Yoongi joined in. "And whilst we're still getting to know each other, we can assure you that will not change. As for the future, we haven't spoken about it yet. We won't let distance stop our relationship."

Jimin could hear Madeline suck in a nervous breath. He gazed at her; deciphered the emotions that swirled in her orbs.

The one that stood out to him was pride. She was proud of them for speaking up.

Madeline squared her shoulders and sat up straighter. Her grip on Jimin's hand was so tight, that she could have squeezed the blood out of her hand. "Mom." She snapped her head to her left. "Please can you try and accept my soul mates."

Jimin noticed Larisa's face twist at the word soul mates. She pinched her lips and stiffened. "You know where I stand, Madeline. This whole idea is far-fetched. Do you really think gathering all of us together will get me to change my mind?"

Madeline remained fierce, refusing to back down. Jimin was beyond proud of his soul mate—who was slowly growing into a beautiful woman.

"I hoped it would," She cleared her throat, rounding her eyes around the table. Her brothers all had supportive expressions on their faces, prepared to jump in if they needed to. June and Oliver Smith appeared proud of her. "But I'm starting to realize that your stance on it will never change. It's too hard for you and I—I can accept it. But what I can't accept is you planting negative ideas in my head. I'm an adult and this is my decision."

Madeline inhaled, needing a moment to articulate her next thoughts. "Ever since I met them, they've always said the same things to me. They want me. They're not going anywhere. I am it for them. Up until recently, the only promises I've been able to make in return are 'I'm going to try'. They deserve my full devotion. And so, that's why I asked all of you here."

Jimin stared at the side of Madeline's face, curious to see where she was going with this. It was clear she had been thinking about this for a while.

"I've fully accepted them and I want to pursue our relationship. So," She cleared her throat. Jimin felt their joined hands tremble. She was shaking from nerves. Why hadn't she told us this in advance? Is she going to surprise us? "That's why, once I graduate from college, I'm going to move to Korea."

Stunned silence.

In the silence, you could hear a pin drop.

Jimin's heart was pounding in his chest, his mind wondering if he had made up her words. He darted his eyes up to Jungkook who was opposite him. His bunny face probably mirrored his own face.

"W—what?" Larisa's usual, placid face morphed into shock and alarm. It was the first time Jimin had seen real, authentic emotions on her face. And then, Jimin knew that he had heard right. Madeline had declared she was going to move to Seoul after school. She was going to move for them.

His love for her soared to new heights.

"You heard me, mom. I'm going to follow my heart. I want to be with them." She repeated, her voice firmer this time. She had already decided.

"Mads," Oliver Smith called his daughter, affectionately. "You know I will always support you. If this is what you want to do, then I will back you. Even if it means I will miss you tremendously."

Her eyes shone with unshed tears, "Thanks, dad."

"Are you sure?" Jimin leaned in to whisper into her ear. He was beyond overjoyed but needed to be certain.

Madeline shifted her head to face him. "I am. I've thought about this for a while. I don't want to lose you guys. I'm sorry it took me a while to realize this."

"Thank you," Jimin murmured, sincerely. He knew she would understand how much that meant to him.

"So, I'd rather not leave with you hating this. Please find it in your heart to accept them—us." Madeline returned her attention to her mom, holding eye contact.

Everyone waited with bated breath to hear Larisa's reply. 

You can also read ahead for a small fee on Inkitt! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 76 7
**Bangtan Boys Series Book 4 of 7** On the outside he has everything you could ever wish for fame, money and love. On the inside his heart is broken...
4.6K 319 35
In which a fallen angel becomes housemates with a girl he might have had a one night stand with. ❝I've never fallen in love. And I never will.❞ ...
407K 17.9K 44
New Town. New school. 7 Boys and something that could only be described as magic. What could go wrong? ________________________________ Completed A...
145K 6.2K 46
This is book two for "In The Dark" It's been eight months since you escaped the mansion. You try to live your life as normally as possible, and you d...