Shatter Me (flareon x glaceon)

By ThunderStorm-bringer

A flareon with a horrible past, meets a lonely glaceon. glaceon has trouble showing emotions to the other pok... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 37

885 29 59
By ThunderStorm-bringer

Not the next day yet

Discharge's POV

After Anshul left me to train, I was feeling very good about myself.

My new electric type move felt powerful, and had a kick behind it none of my other moves had.

I still had trouble aiming and hitting all my moves, but it was much better, now that I knew Swift.

Even with my poor accuracy, I was hitting every single projectile of the move Swift.

After training with my new two moves for a while, I felt ready to challenge a pokemon and battle with them.

It couldn't be an Electric type however, since I wanted to see how good my Electro ball move was.

There were more types in the village, beside electric types, but it was starting to get dark.

"Annoying winter...The days are so short now." I stated to myself.

The cold was also annoying, cause it forced me to stay near the various amount of campfires that were around the place.

Since it was getting dark, the night guards were now coming out to watch the village overnight, while the day guards were now going to sleep.

As every guard went to the guard quarters, they all walked past me.

I was looking for a mon that would be a good opponent.

"Why are you still up?" One of the day guards asked.

"I want to battle someone. I've learned two new attacks, and I'm feeling good." I said, and smiled.

"Oh? Well don't stay up for too long, ok?" The guard said.

"I won't. Thank you." I said, and focused on the guards again.

As I continued to look for a fitting battle companion, I noticed one mon that wasn't an electric type.

It was a Scyther, which looked pretty strong.

"Hey sir, could we have a battle together?" I asked the Scyther.

"Hmm? Oh sure. Let's get to the training field, alright." The Scyther said, and used his wings to levitate above the ground, and head towards the smaller field besides the guards quarters.

I followed after the Scyther, until we reached the training fields.

The Scyther then stood opposite of me.

"Alright, what do you want help with?" The Scyther asked.

"I want you to start a battle with me. And I want you to not hold back at all." I said.

The Scyther hesitated, when I said that.

"Uhh, are you sure? If I go all out, I don't think you'll have a great time." The Scyther said.

"I'm sure. I have a type advantage, so give me everything you've got!" I said, as my spikes began to charge up and spark with electricity.

"Hmm, fine then. I hope you know what you're doing." The Scyther said, and got ready to battle.

Once we were both ready, I attacked first, and shot an electro ball at the Scyther.

I managed to hit the attack, and it did some damage to the Scyther.

It also stunned him in place for a bit, which was because of it being a super effective hit.

He recovered soon after, and focused on his offensive power.

This move was called focus energy.

I charged up another Electro ball attack, and fired it at him.

Once again, I hit him, dealing good damage.

The Scyther was once again stunned from the electricity coursing through him.

He recovered soon enough, and charged me with slash.

I barely managed to dodge the attack, by jumping to the side.

If that attack would have hit me, I have a feeling it would have damaged me a whole bunch.

Once I got a better stance, I used Swift to keep constant damage going.

The Scyther slashed at some of the star shaped projectiles to minimize the amount of damage he received.

After all the star shaped projectiles stopped, the Scyther charged at me, its scythe like hands glowing in green energy.

I managed to dodge the move once, however, the Scyther went for a second attack soon after his first.

I didn't see the second X-scissor attack coming, and the Scyther got a hit on my shoulder.

"GAH!" I called out, as the attack was devastating.

This made me place my right paw, on my left shoulder, as the attack hurt a whole lot.

The Scyther instantly dropped his guard, and approached me worriedly.

"Are you alright?" He asked worriedly.

"Y-Yea...I'm ok...T-Thanks for battling with me..." I said, as I had trouble staying up on my left paw, as my shoulder hurt so much.

"Are you sure? Should I get a medic to look at you?" The Scyther said.

"N-No...I'm ok..." I said.

The Scyther frowned.

"I can get you medical help if you n—" He wanted to say, but I cut him off.

"It's ok...I'm just experiencing some shock...It's the first time I've gotten hit like that..." I said.

The Scyther sighed.

"Fine then. You've battled well. Get some rest, ok?" The Scyther said.

"T-Thanks...You fought well too..." I said.

The Scyther then went to the barracks, and disappeared.

I uncovered my left shoulder, and saw a deep cut in my shoulder.

This made my skin crawl, as I also noticed blood on my right paw.

"I n-need a medic..." I stated to myself, and began to slowly limp to the Infirmary.

...

The pain in my shoulder was pretty bad.

It was worse than I thought.

I was bleeding out the slash wound on my shoulder.

It was somewhat difficult to pad on my left leg, with my hurt shoulder, but I managed somewhat.

Once I got to the Infirmary, I noticed that everything was locked, which meant the infirmary was closed for today.

This made me worried, since there weren't many pokemons with healing experience in the village.

As I was thinking carefully about my next move, I remembered that there was one pokemon in the village, which was considered to be the best healer in the vicinity.

I've asked for her help before, but she's usually...not all that kind to other pokemon.

I sighed softly, and decided to go over there nonetheless.

...

After limping my way there, I finally reached the intensive care.

I hope she'd understand, that all the medics already went to their den.

Once I limped to the front door, I knocked on the door.

"H-Hello? I n-need medical assistance..." I said.

It stayed silent on the other side of the door.

"P-Please...I don't know where else to go..." I said.

Just as I was about to turn away, the door opened.

I looked into the room, and padded inside.

As soon as I was fully in the room, I noticed a mon sitting in the corner.

Before I could say anything, the mon spoke up.

"You again? Ugh, what is it this time? Are you aware at what time it is?" The pokemon spoke.

"I-I'm aware yea, b-but the medics went to their den already...And I got this s-slash wound that won't stop bleeding..." I said.

"Wait what!? Did you come to the intensive care, for a small cut!?" The pokemon said.

I became silent when it said that.

After some time, I decided to answer.

"Y-Y-yes..." I said.

"I-Idiot! You do know what an intensive care is for, right!?" The pokemon said.

Once again, I became silent, and my ears drooped, and I looked down to the floor.

The mon noticed it upset me, and sighed.

"Ugh...I guess I can help you this time...Lay down on the table there." The mon said.

I looked up, and padded towards the table, and jumped onto it.

I then laid down on my right side, which left my left side open for whatever the pokemon was going to do.

When I turned to look at the mon, I noticed it was right beside me, which made me jump a bit.

"Calm down would you? I'm not going to hurt you, or whatever." The pokemon said.

While I kind of knew this pokemon, I've never seen it from up close, and it also liked to stay out of sight while somemon was here.

However, now that it was this close, I recognized the pokemon.

"Y-You're a...E-Espeon..." I said, and stared at it.

"So? Does that matter or something?" The Espeon said.

"N-No...I j-just n-never saw you from up close..." I said.

"Well, congratulations. Do you want me to deal with that wound, or not?" The Espeon said.

I stayed silent after she said that.

She then began to gather some things with her psychic abilities, and placed them beside me on the table.

"How did you get a slash like this?" The Espeon asked, as she seemed to be looking at my injury.

"I challenged a Scyther to a training battle..." I said.

"And?" She asked.

I turned to no longer face her.

"And told him to go all out..." I said.

The Espeon shook her head.

"You should stick to your training...And don't do foolish things like challenging a strong pokemon like a Scyther to a battle...And why would you tell him to go all out!?" The Espeon questioned.

"C-Cause I l-learned t-two new moves...A-And I w-wanted to t-test my st-strength..." I said.

She grew silent when I said that, and she returned to gathering the needed stuff to help me.

It stayed silent for some time.

Once she began to fix up some stuff, and get them ready to help me, she spoke up again.

"Did you get help while learning those new moves?" She asked.

"Y-Yea..." I said.

"Who?" She asked.

"U-Uhh...D-Does it matter?" I asked.

"Yes it does actually matter. Who helped you?" She asked.

"A F-Flareon d-did..." I said.

"The new mon I assume." She said softly.

"Y-Yea...H-He's very kind. He has a small group as well..." I said.

"A group?" She questioned.

"Yea...They are all eeveelutions...different kinds as well." I said.

She stayed silent again.

Some things were going through her head, but she eventually returned to preparing the stuff.

"I'm going to stitch your wound now. It may hurt, but either way, try to stay still, alright?" The Espeon said.

"O-Ok..." I said.

Before she started stitching, she poured something over the wound, which made me flinch.

"Calm down, would you? It's just Sitrus berry juice. It'll help heal the wound quicker." She said.

I looked at her, and tried to keep myself from reacting to the stinging feeling in my shoulder.

The Espeon then punctured my skin close to the wound, and began to stitch the slash wound.

I flinched when she did that, and tried to keep myself from whining.

She continued on, but I had a very hard time keeping myself from whining.

I tried to stay strong, and not make a peep, but a tear ended up rolling down my cheek.

She apparently noticed this.

"Is this really hurting so much?" She asked.

I nodded my head.

"Y-You should have said so!" She said, and used her psychic abilities to grab something else.

She grabbed some herbs, and poured some water over them.

Once she was satisfied with how it looked, she began to rub the herbs against the slash wound, which made me flinch more.

"What a nasty cut that Scyther got on you..." The Espeon said, and continued to use the herbs for something.

I whined, as she rubbed the herbs in the wound.

"It'll feel better soon enough. These herbs help numb the pain." The Espeon said.

I turned to look at her, and saw she was rubbing the herbs against the slash wound.

Soon enough, the pain did go away mostly.

"Better?" She asked.

"Y-Y-Yes..." I said.

She nodded, and then continued to stitch my wound.

This time, the pain was way more manageable.

I sat silently, as she stitched my wound.

"Is this your first stitch?" She asked.

"Y-Yea...I d-didn't think it w-would hurt so much." I said, and looked down.

She stayed silent, and continued to stitch more.

She eventually finished stitching my wound with her psychic abilities.

"Better?" She asked.

I turned to her, and nodded a bit.

"Now, before you go scratch the stitches, I'll add some bandages to keep you from making it worse." The Espeon said.

I kept silent, as she grabbed some bandages, and began to circle them around my shoulder in a proper way.

Once she was done, she looked at me.

"Don't scratch it, or you'll make it worse. Try to not get it wet, and you should take it easy for some time as well." She said.

"D-Does that mean I can't train?" I asked.

"I wouldn't if I were you...But it all depends how you feel tomorrow." She said.

"Ok...Umm, May I ask you something?" I asked.

"Depends on what you want to ask." She said.

"W-What's your name?" I asked.

"Why do y---" She wanted to ask, but I cut her off.

"C-Cause I want to properly thank you, for healing my injury." I said.

She sighed.

"Fine...My name is Elena...You happy now?" The Espeon said.

I then grabbed her paw, and held it.

"Thank you for healing my injury, Elena. " I said, and let her paw go gently.

Elena looked at me weirdly.

"Uhh...ok...You're welcome...I guess..." She said.

I smiled gently at her, and looked at her for a short while.

"You can go now..." She then said.

"Wouldn't you like it if I stayed a bit longer? I'd like to get to know you a bit better." I said.

"I'm good..." She said.

"Don't you like company?" I asked.

"Leave..." She said, and turned away from me.

"Why don't you go outside much?" I asked.

I was then picked up by her Psychic abilities, and placed down in front of the front door.

"Can I visit you sometimes?" I asked.

"Leave now, Jolteon..." Elena said.

"U-Uhh...My name is Discharge..." I told her.

She turned towards me with a glare.

"Do I need to kick you out?" She questioned.

I frowned a small bit, and my ears moved down a small bit.

I turned around, and went to leave, but I had one more thing to say.

"If you ever want somemon to talk to, just ask me, ok?" I said.

She didn't respond, and was no longer looking at me.

I sighed softly, and opened the door, and left the intensive care.

Once I was outside, I closed the door, and padded back towards the guards quarters.

As I was padding, I looked at my now bandaged up shoulder.

She helped me when I needed it...I hope I can return the favor sometime in the future.

Soon enough, I reached the guards quarters, and sighed out of relief for finally making it back.

I went to a random bed, and laid down in it.

It didn't take long at all for me to fall asleep.

...

The next morning

I was sleeping peacefully on the bed.

It was pretty quiet, and I didn't mind some ambient sound, while I slept.

I was sleeping very comfortably.

I had no plans on getting up anytime soon.

...

"Get up soldier!" I suddenly heard somemon call out from besides me.

I jumped awake, and end up falling out of bed, right on my hurt shoulder.

"Gah! Auww! My shoulder!" I called out, and looked up to see the commander standing there.

"Discharge...What are you still doing in the barracks? Don't you have to train and improve your battle skills?" The Commander said.

"Y-Yea, of course I do, but y-yesterday took a lot out of me..." I said, and got back up.

"Oh, well you should get back to the training grounds. I think I saw Anshul looking around for you not that long ago.

My eyes widened.

"Anshul was looking for me? Where did he go?" I asked.

"He might still be at the training grounds." The Commander said.

"Thank you." I said and got up.

I then rushed towards the battle field, hoping that Anshul was still there.

Once I got to the battle grounds, I saw Anshul sitting at a small table.

"Ah, there you are." Anshul said.

"Hey...Sorry for making you wait for me...Yesterday was pretty tiring, and I stayed up a little too long." I said, and looked down.

"Don't worry about that, Discharge. Learning a new move, and training with said move can take a lot of energy out of you." Anshul said.

I looked back up at Anshul, and saw he had a bowl with something in it.

"Here, Eat up. It'll help you during training." Anshul said, and gave said bowl to me.

Inside of it, was a delicious smelling stew, which was still warm.

I looked at the stew in surprise, as I didn't know what to say.

"I-Is this for me?" I asked.

"Yes it is. One of my friends made it. She's an extremely good cook, and we had some leftover, so you should have it." Anshul said.

My eyes glowed up with appreciation, as I looked up at Anshul.

"T-Thank you so much..." I said, and began to eat the stew.

Anshul smiled at me, and allowed me to eat before we began training.

I haven't eaten anything, so this was a very nice breakfast.

It tasted so delicious too, and it warmed me up on top of it all!

I knew my body temperature would raise because of training anyway, but feeling the stew warm me up, made me feel comfy and ready to properly start the day.

...

As I was eating, I noticed Anshul stare at me, or more specifically at my wounded shoulder.

While eating, he leaned forward on the small table.

"Did you get injured?" He asked.

I stopped eating momentarily, and looked at my shoulder.

"No, not really. Just a small accident that happened." I said.

"What happened?" He asked.

"well, I uhh...Kind of got hit by a Scyther I challenged to a duel..." I said, and rubbed the back of my head.

Anshul's eye widened.

"A Scyther? Those are some of the more dangerous physical flying types. " Anshul said.

"T-They are?" I asked.

"Yea. Don't the big scythe hands give it away? " Anshul asked.

"I...Guess it does...I wasn't really focusing on that though...Just on him being a flying type." I said.

Anshul stayed silent for a bit, and looked at my bandaged shoulder.

"I assume the Scyther got a nasty hit on your shoulder, and then you had to get medical help?" Anshul asked, after looking at my shoulder for a bit.

"Yea. It happened yesterday night." I said.

"Didn't you have trouble finding medical help?" Anshul asked.

"Y-Yea...I did, I got help from a Espeon in the intensive care." I said.

"An Espeon? Truly?" Anshul asked.

"Yea...She helped me with my injury, put some berry juice on it, and stitched it." I answered.

"Hmm...I see...I assume it was a deep cut in that case?" Anshul asked.

"Y-Yea...It hurt a lot." I said.

Anshul stayed silent for some time, and grabbed what seemed to be a journal.

"An Espeon you say?" He asked.

"Y-Yea..." I answered.

Anshul opened the journal, and flipped through some pages.

He stopped on a certain page, and looked closely.

"I see...A Psychic type...I've honestly not seen many psychic types in my life. And I've never met an Espeon in person before." Anshul said.

"O-Oh...I haven't met that many different pokemon types either..." I said.

"As you grow older, you'll see more different pokemon types. Even more if you decide to explore." Anshul said.

I nodded my head gently.

"Next time you need help...May it be for medical reasons, or any other kind of help. Come to me." Anshul said.

I looked up.

"Do you know s-somemon that can heal pokemon?" I asked.

Anshul nodded at me.

"I am. I've healed many injuries. From small and minor injuries, to life threatening ones. You're always welcome to visit me, when you want help." Anshul said.

"W-Wait, you know how to battle, and heal others?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes. I've learned these skills since I was young, and I've learned how to teach these skills to other pokemon." Anshul told me.

"That's...Incredible...I'm happy to have you as my trainer." I said, and smiled brightly at Anshul.

Anshul smiled softly at me.

I then continued to eat the stew, and eventually finished it.

Once I was done, I felt satisfied, and very warm from inside.

Anshul watched as I finished the stew, and eventually leaned forward.

"How did training go yesterday, after I left?" Anshul asked me.

"I-It went alright. I'm trying to improve with Electro ball." I told Anshul.

"That's good. Electro ball will be a very important move for a while. I actually wanted to focus on Electro ball today." Anshul said.

"W-What did you have in m-mind?" I asked.

"I'll show you. Let's go to the battlefield." Anshul said, and got up.

I got up as well, and followed Anshul to the battlefield, which was right besides us.

"Alright, when you're fighting somemon, you may not always have the time to charge an attack. If you want your attacks fully powered, you'll want to either charge before the opponent reaches you, or move while you're charging. I want to teach you, how to charge and dodge at the same time." Anshul explained to me.

I listened closely to him, as I remembered how the battle went with the Scyther.

The Scyther attacked me multiple times, back to back, without giving me a chance to attack.

This made it all the more important to listen to everything Anshul wanted to tell me about dodging and charging attacks.

"You can choose to roll, or jump to the sides, or backwards. But most importantly, is to do switch your dodges up every time, so you don't let your opponent predict what your next move is." Anshul explained, and turned towards one of the targets.

I watched closely to what he was about to do.

"Depending if you're dealing with a physical or special attacking pokemon, you'll want to choose your dodging style and directions correctly. Special attacking pokemon, will try to keep their distance. You are a special attacker, so you'll almost always try to keep your distance, while battling. If you're facing a special attacker, and they're throwing special attacks at you, you'll want to keep moving as much as possible. Try to recognize the attack they're using. If it's a sphere move, like shadow ball, or electro ball, try to dodge by jumping to the side. This is, because most sphere moves, explode on impact. If you try to roll out of the way, you'll still get caught in the blast radius." Anshul explained.

I imagined myself trying to roll out of the way, but end up getting hit anyway.

Once again, I focused on Anshul.

"Try to dodge as much damage as possible. Even if you can't completely avoid damage, you can try to minimize the amount you receive, by dodging correctly. Now, for a physical attacker, you'll want to be on edge at all time. They'll try to push a close quarter battle with you, every chance they get. Most physical attackers have to get close to deal any damage. However, this doesn't mean that physical attackers don't have ranged options however. Be on your guard at all times, cause physical attackers may switch over to a ranged option, if they can't get in close." Anshul explained, and looked at me.

I nodded my head at Anshul.

"Let's go ahead and assume most physical attackers try to push a close quarter battle, you'll want to know how to dodge every general move types. There are cutting and slashing moves. Punching moves, and there are charging and tackling moves, for physical attackers. There are more, but those are the usual three. Once you get experienced enough, you'll learn the different moves and how to identify and dodge them accordingly. For slashing and cutting moves, you'll want to jump to the side, and maybe roll afterwards, to get some more distance between you and the opponent. Of course, you want to identify what slashing move it is, so you can dodge the right direction." Anshul explained to me.

I nodded and continued to listen to him.

"For punching moves, you want to sidestep them at the last second, so the opponent misses their attack. This also counts for biting moves. You'll learn when the perfect time to dodge is. For tackling and charging moves, I recommend always dodging to the sides." Anshul told me.

I again nodded at Anshul, and wondered what was next.

"Now, if your opponent keeps on attacking, you'll want to retaliate. To do that, you should charge an attack partially, dodge the attack, and then continue to charge the attack, and then fire it. Or, you can continue charging, as you dodge, so you can instantly fire the attack, after you dodge. I'll show you a demonstration." Anshul told me, and took a defensive position.

I watched closely what Anshul was going to do.

A sphere appeared in front of his muzzle, which was purple in color.

Then suddenly, Anshul jumped to the right, and once he landed, he shot the shadow ball attack at the target.

He hit the target, which amazed me.

"Now, for attacking in midair." Anshul said, and got ready again.

He charged the same attack, and jumped to the right this time.

Anshul then shot the shadow ball attack, when he was in the middle of the air.

The attack once again hit the target.

"Wow..." I said, as I was surprised.

"That's for when you're fighting another special attacking pokemon." Anshul informed.

I gave an hesitant nod.

"Now, I'll show you what to do, when you're up against a physical attacker. You most likely want to shoot your attack at the place, where you jumped from. Since the physical attacking opponent is trying to push a close quarter battle, it'll try to get as close as possible. So launching the attack to where you were, you'll most likely hit your opponent." Anshul said, and got into position again.

He jumped to his left, and rolled after landing.

Once he got back on his paws, he shot the attack at where he initially took position.

The attack made a small explosion which I watched.

"Now for in the air." Anshul said.

Once again, he got back into position, and began to charge another shadow ball.

He jumped to the right, and shot the shadow ball right where he was standing.

The attack hit, and he landed effortlessly.

"That's how you should dodge and attack at the same time. Do you want to give it a try?" Anshul asked me.

I gave a nod, and approached Anshul.

He moved out the way, and watched me.

I began to charge up an Electro ball, and imagined a mon was rushing at me.

I rolled to the side and tried to shoot a electro ball at where I stood, however, nothing happened.

Anshul was watching closely.

"Try again, Discharge." Anshul said.

I nodded and tried again.

Once again, I charged my electric powers, and began to form a Electro ball in front of me.

I then rolled again, and tried to finish charging.

However, once again, I couldn't continue charging after rolling.

Anshul seemed to notice something.

"Wait a second. Your electric powers come from your spikes, right?" Anshul asked.

"Y-Yea it does...W-Why?" I asked.

"I think you lose your electricity charge, if your spikes touch the ground. Maybe you should try jumping instead." Anshul said.

That was a very good observation.

I then got in position again, and began to charge my attack again.

Once I felt the time was right, I jumped to the right, and shot the attack where I as.

The attack hit somewhat near where I was, but it wasn't full power.

"Not bad. You'll grow more confident, and your accuracy will increase the more you train. How about we move back to the basics of your new attack. Aim for that target, and use a fully charged Electro ball on it." Anshul said.

I nodded my head, and focused on the target, and began to charge my electric powers.

My spikes stood up like needles, and electricity jumped between them.

Once I was satisfied about my electricity, I unleashed it, in a sphere in front of me.

I then shot the attack straight at the target.

The Electro ball attack hit the target right on.

Anshul nodded at me.

"That was good. Could you repeat that two times?" Anshul asked.

I nodded, and did just that.

Once I charged up enough, I shot two more Electro balls at the target, and didn't miss once.

"Impressive. It seems you've trained your Electro ball enough to hit a stationary target consistently." Anshul said.

"Do you think I'll fend well against moving targets?" I asked.

"Once you get some more experience, you'll do just fine. In general, you'll want to either shoot just ahead of them. You'll get the timing down eventually." Anshul told me.

"A-Alright." I said.

"Now, I want to teach you a little trick." Anshul told me.

I was curious, and watched him closely.

Anshul got ready, and charged a Shadow ball, like usual.

However, once it fully charged, he jumped into the air, and used his right paw to grab the sphere, and used his paw to throw it at the target.

He hit the target right on where the head would be.

"You can channel the power of your sphere moves to one of your paws, and throw it like you would with a rock for example." Anshul said.

That was interesting to see.

"Is there any advantage to throwing it with my paw?" I asked.

"As you saw, I jumped up into the air, and threw it. Sometimes, if you're charging an attack, and you're getting rushed by your opponent, you can charge your attack, jump back to dodge theirs, and throw your attack at them. You may still damage your opponent, while dodging like this. However, there is another use for it." Anshul said.

I tilted my head.

"As you know. Us eeveelutions aren't the biggest pokemon around. So, if you're facing a bigger opponent, perhaps you can hit their head, by jumping up and throwing your attack then. Hitting a pokemon's head will do more damage than hitting their body." Anshul said.

"I-I see." I said.

"You'll remember these things, when you're in an actual battle. But enough about battle strategies, I want to start teaching you the move, Shadow ball. It's a versatile and pretty strong move, its super effective against Ghost types and Psychic types, but since its pretty strong, you don't have to use it against non ghost and psychic types." Anshul explained.

My eyes widened, and my ears raised in excitement, when Anshul said that.

"I'd love to learn that move!" I said, and got very excited.

"Calm down, Discharge. This will be the most difficult move to learn yet. It's going to be more difficult than Electro ball and Swift." Anshul said.

I calmed down, and nodded.

"R-Right, sorry." I said.

"Don't worry... Alright, to use Shadow ball, think of the move Electro ball. You want to build up energy in front of you, into a sphere. However, instead of electric energy, you have to think of negative and bad things to charge the attack. It's more difficult than it sounds however, since you have to channel your bad thoughts into energy, which takes a lot of practicing." Anshul explained.

I tilted my head at Anshul.

Anshul got ready, and began to use Shadow ball.

Ghost like energy build up into a sphere in front of Anshul, just like the other times he used the move.

However, he held the sphere, and showed it slowly getting smaller, until it disappeared completely.

"If I stop thinking about bad things, the energy slowly disappears. So once you get the hang of it, make sure you charge it fully, for the best results, and don't stop thinking about bad things, before its fully charged." Anshul explained.

I nodded my head, and then got ready to try and think of bad things.

I closed my eyes, and focused on bad thoughts.

I then tried to channel it in front of me, but nothing happened.

Anshul explained me how to channel it in front of me, and I then tried it again.

Once more, nothing happened.

We continued to do this for a while, until something finally happened.

I channeled the energy in front of me, and created a small sphere out of ghost energy.

However, I couldn't charge it, Instead, it slowly dissapeared.

Anshul seemed happy, however.

"This is the first step to learning Shadow ball. Your goal now, is to practice your shadow ball, over and over again, until you improve, which I know you'll do." Anshul said.

I stared at Anshul with hope.

"You must not forget, Shadow ball is hard to learn and master, so don't get upset or frustrated, if you don't improve for a while. Just try to practice with it, whenever you can and feel like it. However, you must not forget to practice with your other moves. The more you practice your moves, the better you'll become at using those moves, and the stronger they'll become." Anshul explained to me.

"S-So, If I keep practicing my Electro ball, it'll become more powerful?" I asked, and tilted my head.

"Yes. The more you practice a move, the more you'll learn about it, and the more you'll improve and make the move stronger." Anshul said.

"W-Wow, I-I'll train and practice hard! I promise you!" I said, and felt determined to improve my combat abilities.

"That's what I like to hear. As long as you try your best, I'm happy to see any progress." I said.

I nodded my head, and instantly began to practice.

"I'll get going now. Tomorrow I'll pay you another visit to see how you've improved." Anshul said.

"A-Alright. Thank you very much for your help so far, Anshul." I said, and began to train.

"It's no problem. If you ever need anything, pay us a visit. The Electivire knows where me and my group lives, so if you ever want to swing by, just ask him, and he'll show you." Anshul said, and turned around.

"I will...Thank you." I said, and now focused on training.

...

Anshul's POV

I began to leave the guards quarters.

As soon as I left the training grounds, I bumped into Katie, who was silently watching me train Discharge.

"Oh, hello Katie. How are you?" I asked her curiously.

"I'm doing very well...I'm glad to see you getting along with Discharge." Katie said.

"Indeed. I'm happy for him too." I said.

"It's a good thing too...The Commander mentioned that he didn't have too many friends. So I think it would be great, if he could join your group." Katie said.

"Of course. In due time, I think he'll be able to join our group. If he wants to, of course. But first, He'll have to improve his battling skills. Since the world out there is dangerous, we want to prepare him properly for any undesirable situations." I explained.

"Indeed. It's a strange world we live in...Anyway, I was curious, if you and your friends would like to join me at my den. Chase and his family would love to share some stories with your group, and spend some time with each other too." Katie said.

I turned towards Discharge then, as perhaps he'd like to join too.

As I was considering it, bringing a silent Jolteon to a whole bunch of unknown mons, might not be the best thing to do, as it may overwhelm him.

With everymon at Katie's den, It would be a bit too much.

"I believe he'd rather meet everymon separately, instead of all at once. " I told Katie.

"Hmm, you have a good point there. When do you plan on having him meet your group?" Katie asked, curiously.

"Tomorrow. He'll need a break from training sometime, and I think tomorrow should be that break." I told Katie.

"Sounds good. Has he been making a lot of progress?" Katie asked.

"Yes. He's now practicing Shadow ball, which I'd say is a pretty strong move." I said.

"Wonderful. I'm happy your guiding is helping him." Katie said.

"Me too. I'm curious to see his improvement." I said.

Katie nodded, and got ready to go back to her den.

"I'll tell my group we're coming over." I told Katie.

"See you there, Anshul." Katie said.

I began to head back to my den.

...

Once I arrived at the den, I entered, and looked for everymon.

"Guys? I got an invite from Katie. She'd like to meet us at her place." I said.

Mira peeked her head around the corner, obviously happy I returned.

"Hey Mira." I said, and approached her.

She instantly nuzzled me, and purred happily.

"Glad to see you back, Anshul." Mira said, and nuzzled my mane.

I purred as well, and rubbed her head.

Amber and Clyde then poked their head around the corner, which prompted Mira to stop nuzzling me.

"I'm down to go to Katie's place." Amber said.

"How did it go with Discharge?" Clyde asked.

"He did well. He's improving at a steady pace." I said.

"That's great. I hope he can handle himself." Clyde said.

"I believe he can. If he stays serious, and knows when to use them, I'm sure his power will grow." I said.

"...You should be careful...We haven't met him properly yet...We don't know his intentions..." Blake suddenly said, as he seemingly appeared in the corner.

I turned to Blake, as I was a bit surprised.

"He said he doesn't have many friends. I think he'd like some company with him...He also sounds very appreciative whenever I help him. I don't think his intentions are bad." I said.

"...Perhaps...We'll see when we meet him..." Blake said.

Ciana was now behind Clyde and Amber.

"When will we actually meet him?" Ciana asked.

"Tomorrow. He also needs a break from constant training, so I think tomorrow is the proper time for you all to meet him." I said.

"Did he enjoy my stew?" Amber asked.

I smiled.

"He loved it." I said.

Amber smiled warmly, as she seemed happy.

"...Well...Let's go to Katie's den..." Blake said.

I nodded, and we all left to go to Katie's den.

...

We eventually reached her den, and I knocked on the door.

Katie opened the door, and greeted us.

"Hello Anshul, and friends. Come in, it's still very cold outside." Katie said, and let us in.

"Hey Katie. How have you been?" Ciana asked.

"Just fine, Thanks." Katie said and smiled.

We all swiftly got inside, and the door closed behind us.

Katie led us to the living room, where Chase and his siblings were.

"Hey there!" Chase and his siblings greeted us.

Reina and Finn where there as well.

"Nice to see you all safe." Finn said.

"Same for all of you." I said, and sat down.

All of us chose a seat.

Katie sat beside Chase, and Blake was besides Chase.

We all began to talk with each other about various things.

Mira was cuddled up beside me, as she was comfy close to me.

Katie seemed happy to see all of us.

"Very glad to see you all doing ok. Hope you've all enjoyed your stay so far." Katie said.

"I sure do. It seems not all villages are evil." Clyde said, and sighed from relief.

"We just had very bad luck with our past villages. Most villages are a safe haven, But I guess we just got bad luck." Amber said.

"...Perhaps it was for the better...You did save me and Ciana from that accursed village..." Blake said.

"Very true. I'm glad we can finally rest for now." I said, and looked at Mira with a bright smile on my face.

"Some news has been going around the village lately. A group of eeveelutions have been accepted into the village, and seem very nice. Say hello if you see them." Katie said, and looked at us.

Me and the group looked at each other.

"Glad we're making a positive reputation in the village." I said.

"Ray is quite fond of your group. He's happy to have you all over." Katie said.

"That's very nice to hear." Ciana said.

"Besides your group entering the village, there have been some things happening outside the village." Katie informed.

"Oh? Like what?" I asked curiously.

"Ghost type activity has been spiking outside the village. Many Ghost types have been appearing, both at night and in the day. Especially while it's snowing, and when there's not much sun." Katie said.

"Ghost types appear in the day?" I questioned.

"They can yea. They don't do it often, but they have been lately." Katie said.

"We should keep an eye on that. Ghost types are always bad news." Finn said.

"Indeed. They better not cause trouble for the village." Katie said.

She then looked at me, and smiled.

"How is Discharge's training going?" Katie asked.

"He's been making very nice progress. He's starting to learn how to aim, and dodge correctly. And he's also learning how to use new moves, and use them affectively." I said.

"That's nice to hear. I'm glad you're making progress with Discharge." Katie said.

"It's no problem. Seeing him slowly get better reminds me of myself in a way. Way before I knew Mira, Clyde and Amber, I used to train on my own. I trained my moves, physical strength, agility, battle strategies and all sorts of things. I also started weak, but I eventually grew stronger and stronger by pushing my limits often. With my intense training, I was able to learn and master Super power. A very strong move that is actually very rare." I said, and looked around.

Mira nuzzled my fur, and stroked me with her paw.

"Is that how you learned Super power? I was actually wondering about that." Katie said.

"Yea. I guess it's one of my more special moves. Besides that, I think we all started with a weak move, that ended up becoming stronger, until a better move replaces it." I said.

"Hmm, what do you mean?" Katie asked.

"Well. As a Flareon, I started with Ember. Eventually, I learned how to do Fire fang, after practicing with Bite a lot. And later on, When I tried to use Ember, It became Lava plume. Later on, It became Flamethrower, and even later, it became Fire blast." I explained.

"Oh I see what you mean. Like how I started with Water gun, and it eventually became Hydro pump?" Clyde said.

"Exactly. Seeing Discharge go from Thunder shock to Electro ball, it's a nice sight to see. He's definitely improving." I said and smiled.

"Now that you say it, yes I do also remember going from rock throw, to Rock tomb. And it eventually became better and better." Katie said.

"Hmm, hearing you mention how you learned Super power, makes me remember how I learned Aurora veil." Flurry said.

I looked at Flurry curiously.

"I was way up north somewhere, a minor snowstorm was happening, but besides that, An Aurora borealis appeared in the sky. Its light seemed to affect me in some way, and when the Borealis disappeared, I was able to use Aurora veil. Pretty strange, but hey, I'm not complaining." Flurry said.

"...Hmm...Focus blast is one of my special moves...Channeling all my focus to my front paws allows me to use the move...It's how I escaped my shackles back when I was still being hold prisoner...Guess I learned how to properly focus on things..." Blake said.

"Is Mystical fire a special move? If it is, It was taught to me, by a very smart Delphox. For some reason, it's very strong against ghost types. No reason why." Ciana said.

"...No one would expect a pokemon so cute, to shoot out flames..." Blake stated.

Ciana blushed a small bit.

"I managed to learn Aqua jet from somemon in the old village. A move Vaporeon can't learn on their own. Put it to use aplenty in my lifetime." Clyde said.

"Sometime when I evolved, I learned Extrasensory. I don't know how, or when. It just kind of happened. It was very strange to get used to." Ember said.

"I know a whole bunch of moves. The hardest one though, was Dragon pulse. I just never got the hang of that move." Finn said.

"Ahh, I remember this move well. Night slash was taught to me, by my brother, Ray. He'd bring me to a forest while I was a Luxio, and he'd have me slash at trees all day." Reina said.

"Seems most of us have had experience with unique moves. Glad to hear I'm not the only one." I then said.

...

We spend the rest of the day talking about different things with Chase's siblings and Katie.

Eventually, it was becoming late, and we all decided to return to our den.

Katie insisted that she'd tail along, but we told her it'll be fine.

If she'd help us get back, she'd have to go back on her own, so this was better.

All of us got to the den, Mira rested on my back, as she was a bit sleepy.

I didn't mind it, as I carried her along, with a smile.

We reached the den, and went inside, all feeling satisfied to end the day.

"Glad we went to Katie." Ciana said.

"...It was nice..." Blake agreed.

"Always great to visit them." Amber said.

"Yea...Indeed." Clyde said.

"I'm heading to bed with Mira. Thanks for coming with me to Katie." I said, and was ready to go upstairs.

"Goodnight Anshul." Amber said.

The others wished me goodnight as well.

I got upstairs and went to bed.

After placing Mira down on the bed, I crawled besides her and nuzzled up to her.

Mira squeaked and subconsciously nuzzled up to me as well.

She also cuddled me and nuzzled my neck and mane.

I purred and soon enough, fell asleep with Mira hugging me, and me hugging her back.

...

(To be continued)

(Hello everyone. This was chapter 37 of Shatter me. It's been a long time, unfortunately. I finally managed to get this chapter out, I know I took way too long. I really hope I can get the next chapters out faster, since interesting stuff will be happening. I hope work won't get in the way much, but I doubt that will be the case, as its been keeping me from writing a lot. Either way, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! And I hope the next chapter won't take me several months to complete. I'd love to hear all your opinions on this chapter in the comments! See you all hopefully in the next chapter of Shatter me! ^w^)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 270 20
The Alola region. A place where Pokémon tend to spend their summer vacations, compete in friendly tournaments, or they might even decide to live ther...
2.2K 118 18
A simple story about a group of rag-tag Eeveelutions that go through a bunch of random and whacky bullshit, such as the universe restarting. Thanks t...
1.1K 65 15
"Two worlds apart, two different fabricated realities they lived in, both united by the love they had for eachother..." Basic Story Summary: Zero, a...
463 89 14
Reina is your average Pokémon. Her whole life she's lived in a small town with her dad. With his help, she practices battling everyday. She actually...