The Undaunted Golem (My Hero...

By Artificer_Artillery

Y/n has always had the unfortunate luck to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, so when ever something ba... More

1. A Chance Encounter
2. What It Takes To Be A Hero
3. Burning Muscles
4. Entrance Exam
5. Quirk Apprehension Test
6. Battle Trails
7. Election Time
8. USJ Incident
9. Aftermath
10. That's the Idea
11. Training for the Festival
12. The Obstacle Course
13. Badblood
14. Tournament Style
15. Acid and Rubble
16. Put Some IcyHot On It
17. Without a Shadow of a Doubt
18. No-holds-barred
19. Awards and Bad Dreams
20. A Day Off
21. Pick A Name, Any Name
22. A Test Drive and Internship Start
23. Hotheaded Training
24. A "Light" Spar
25. Patrol Has It's Ups And Downs
26. Back Alley Attack

27. Big Finish

812 52 16
By Artificer_Artillery

I looked down the alley and saw a silhouette lit up by his own flames. Todoroki has joined the fight.

"Midoriya. You need to give more details in times like this." He said as he held up his phone with Izuku's message, that was just a map location. "You made me late."

"Hey, give the guy some credit. Look at what we're dealing with here." I said with a stained smirk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Y/n's POV-

"T-Todoroki, you too?" Iida asked as Stain jumped back from the flames.

"Why are you here...and you're using your left side..." Izuku said in surprise.

"Why?" Todoroki asked back as his left side flared up. "That's my line. It took me a few seconds to figure out what you meant since you only sent you location info." He crouched to a fighting stance as his flames stopped. "You're not really one to send that for no reason." Ice flew from his right foot lifting Native and Izuku out of harms way.

"That meant that you were in trouble and to call for help, right? Don't worry. The pros will also get here in a few minutes." Todoroki said as he ran into the fight and shot another bolt of fire. Native and Izuku slid down the ice away from Stain as he jumped back.

This is the third time Stain has paralyzed me, I didn't notice it the second time, but now the feeling is coming back much faster. I stumbled up as I leaned on the wall.

"I will not let you kill these guys, Hero Killer." Todoroki and I stood between Stain and the others that are still paralyzed.

"Todoroki, don't let this guy get your blood." I said as I swung my arm around to get the feeling back quicker.

"Not being harmed by the villain is very self explanatory. Why specifically are you telling me this?" Todoroki asked. Smartass.

"His quirk is something along the lines of if he licks your blood you'll be paralyzed for a bit, but I can still use my quirk." I flexed my hand, still having trouble moving it so I covered it in stone and made a fist. "There is some more to it I think because I was paralyzed second, but for how long is seems to vary I think." I explained. Stains eyes widened for a moment before focusing on me. I must be right.

"That must be why he uses so many blades...very unsanitary." Todoroki commented as he took in the information.

"That's one way to put this guy." I quipped.

"I can keep my distance and--" I shoved Todoroki out of the way as a throwing knife flew at his face.

"You have good friends, Ingenium!" Stain said as he jumped at us to close the gap. He arrived to swing his sword at my neck, but a spike of ice shot up between us and blocked his blade. As his sword bounced up he threw another knife at Todoroki and grabbed his shirt to pull him closer to lick the cut. Before he could, Todoroki's left side flared up to block Stain's move.

"That was close!" Todoroki shouted as Stain backed up. He shot a line of ice at Stain to keep him on the move. Stain jumped and sliced through the ice shield, but as he did I punched through the debris sending him flying back and jumped after him.

"Why are you three...Why...Please stop!" Iida again pleaded on the ground. "I've inherited my brother's name. I have to be the one who-!"

"And I inherited my dad's guitar! But god knows I can't play it!" I shouted back at Iida as I bounced Stain's swing with my stone covered forearm. "Would Ingenium have that crazed look in his eye?" Stain went for a large overhead swing only to be hit by ice and thrown to the side.

I took the chance to back up by swinging my arm back and shooting out the rock on my hand, grabbing the ladder by Iida and pulling myself back to them. I squatted down to Iida and grabbed him by his chest plate. "Having blood on your hands is NOTHING to be proud of, righteous or not!"

As I yelled this the alley went quiet. The look in Iida's eye slowly turned from anger to grief as he realized what he was trying to do. Before he could respond Stain cut up the ice wall again.

"To block your own view against an opponent faster than you...What a foolish plan!"

"I wonder that." Todoroki said confidently and flared his left side, only to get two blades in the arms before he could.

"You're pretty good, too" Stain said from above Todoroki about to stab his sword down on his primary target, Native.

"Above you!" Izuku grabbed Stain's blade and redirected them both into the wall, as they crashed a cloud of dust kicked up as Izuku grinded Stain's face into the bricks.

"Midoriya!" Todoroki exclaimed.

"I can move normally again! Golem must be right on how it works!" Izuku shouted.

"But that kid and Golem were the last one's to get hit, but we still can't move yet." Native questioned.

"Get back Midoriya!" Todoroki yelled as Izuku rolled out of the way another wave of ice shot at Stain.

"*cough* *cough* H-He takes in a person's blood to keep them from moving. Since Golem and I got free first...I can think of three possible reasons." Izuku explained as he jumped back to Todoroki's side. "It could be less effective with more people, the amount ingested could affect how long it works, the effect gets weaker when used multiple times on the same person, or there could be a difference in effectiveness based on a person's blood type." He explained he theory.

"Blood type...? Mine is B." Native said.

"I'm type A..." Iida mumbled.

"I'm AB and you're type O right Deku?" I asked Izuku.

"Blood type? That's correct." Stain confirmed with a smirk.

"If that's what it is, how are you moving Golem?" Izuku looked at me and asked.

"I've been forcing my arms and legs to move by controlling the rock around them. I have feeling in them, but I doubt I'd be standing if not for that. If that's the case, forcing my blood to flow with the movement might be helping lessen the effect." I explained and thought out loud.

"I wanted to hurry up and carry them out of here, but he can react so fast, as well as avoid my ice and fire. I can't leave myself that open again." Todoroki determined. "I think our best option is to hold on and avoid close combat until the pros get here."

"Todoroki, Golem, you've both already shed too much blood." Izuku said as he looked at Todoroki's arm and looked at the blood seeping through the cracks in my stone. "I'll distract him, so you guys support me from behind!" He said this as his veins started glowing again and green energy started arcing from him.

"I'm not usually one to sit in the back, but you have a plan I'm sure." I hold my open hand in front of me and form a smooth ball the begins rotating in my hand, picking up speed as I put more compression on it. "Gives me a chance to try out something new. He won't get past us!"

"Three against one, huh?" Stain said as he got ready to pounce. "It still won't be easy for you."

"Aw, it wouldn't be fun if it was." I snarked.

Izuku dashed forward in the blink of an eye with his green energy trailing behind him. He jumped back and forth from wall to wall quickly closing the gap. He threw a punch at Stain, who jumped back to dodge and went to swing his blade at Izuku to be blocked by a row of ice. When Stain jumped up to dodge Todoroki's follow up I pitched the spinning compressed ball of stone where he jumped up to.

"Stone Pesado!" I yelled as the ball left my hand at high speed. I took the idea from my training with Burnin', when the rock kept flying from my hand. The force of the high speed ball leaving my hand cracked the stone armor on my arm.

The ball hit Stain in the shoulder as he jumped, but when it did the compression on it broke and it exploded outwards making a visible shockwave about a meter wide. The blast threw Stain to the other wall and sent out shards of shrapnel when it did.

As I tried replacing the stone on my arm Todoroki shot off an intense gout of flame, the heat made me flinch for a second before my arm felt a refreshing cool pass over it replacing the heat. When I looked down at my arm the stone I meant to form came out shiny and black like the obsidian burning gave me. I was confused for a second from the feeling and looked up at the flame and an idea flashed in my head. I then moved my arm into the fire.

"L/n what are you-!?" Todoroki stopped as I pulled my arm out of the fire unharmed. I barely felt any heat at all from it.

"Well fuck me..." I said in astonishment. I heard Izuku crash into a pile of trash and Stain lunged at him.

"Midoriya!" Todoroki yelled as he fired his flame again to make Stain back off. I looked at Todoroki and had another 'good' idea forming in my head.

"Todoroki. Whatever happens..." I looked down as I made the sleek obsidian climb the rest of my arm and spread over the other one, my legs, and chest.

"Don't stop the fire." I looked Todoroki in the eyes as the obsidian climbed my head, changing my voice. The look in his eyes said he was unsure of my plan, but isn't about to protest. I stop for a moment as something feels...off. Not wrong, but...different.

My body feels completely different even though I'm doing the same move as I did at the sports festival. Back then Juggernaut Rush felt like every muscle on my body was flexing and strained, right now though I feel every twitch my muscles are making and my mind is moving faster than a moment ago. I flick my head back to Stain and rushed him as he approached Izuku. I cleared the space between us much faster than I thought I could and landed a punch to his kidney, making him jump back. Stain had cut Izuku and licked his blade again, preventing Izuku from getting up.

"Golem..." Izuku looked up at me in astonishment.

"You got faster." Stain grumbled out loud as he readied his sword again. He rushed at me, but this time his swing was slow enough for me to see. I caught the blade on my gauntlet and deflected it with the smooth rock on the back of my hand. Stain's eyes widened for a second, but refocused as I used my other hand to try and hit him with a jab. He deflected it and jumped up to kick me in the chest pushing me back. I grabbed Izuku and jumped behind Todoroki to put Izuku down.

"Please stop..." Iida pleaded. "I'm...already..."

"If you want us to stop, then stand up!" Todoroki yelled as he switched to attack with his ice again. "The only words I can say to you are this; Look properly at what you want to be!" Todoroki yelled as Stain jumped at him as he readied his fire. I kicked off one of Todoroki's ice pillars at high speed and tackled Stain in midair. He quickly broke free and kicked off me, moving to bring his sword down on the joint in the obsidian armor around my neck.

Even with the slower movement at this range all I could do in that second was look at my reflection in the blade. In the reflection I could see Izuku yelling my name and Todoroki trying to switch the side of his quirk to try and make a wall of ice, but it wouldn't go up fast enough to stop a blade this close. I can still see Native laying on the ground, but where was Iida?

"Recipro BURST!"

Iida burst into my vision as his leg came down and snapped Stain's blade before it could dig into my neck. He followed it up with a quick roundhouse kick the moment he landed, flinging Stain back as he tried to block with his now broken blade.

"Iida!" Izuku shouted, relieved that my head was still on my shoulders.

"You got free?" Todoroki asked Iida. "That quirk isn't as great as I thought, then."

"Guy, this has nothing to do with you three, and I apologize." Iida said.

"You still on that?" I asked as I got up next to him.

"That's why I can't allow any of you to bleed more than this!" Iida said, standing up straight with a guilty look in his eyes.

"It's no use trying to be reformed for appearance's sake." Stain said as he drove his broken blade into the ground to stand up. "You will never be anything but a fake who prioritizes his own selfish desires. You are a cancer to society that warps the idea of 'heroes'. Someone must set you straight."

"Do you get off from preaching or do you moonlight as a priest when you're not butchering people?" I said, exasperated at the amount of monologuing this guy does.

"He's an anarchistic fundamentalist." Todoroki said, "He believes in nothing but the thought of how the world should work in his head."

"...That was a lot of syllables to say he's fucking crazy." I comment.

"No, he's right. I have no right to call myself a hero..." Iida said sadly as blood ran down his arm. "Even so. I can not give in. If I give in, then Ingenium will die with me." He clenched his fist as he said this.

"Out of the question!" Stain yelled as he rushed Iida. Todoroki pushed Iida back as he sent a blast of flame where Stain just was.

"Damnit kid, he's only after me, Golem, and the kid in the white armor! It'd be easier for you to run!" Native called out.

"I will not do that. Even if I did, it doesn't look like he'll give me an opening to do that." Todoroki replied. Stain jumped and propped himself on his blade in the wall to avoid the fire. I jumped at him, but drove my fist into the wall as he dodged. Todoroki tried to get him with some ice spikes, but Stain deftly jumped off of the tip of them and sliced the rest. He's moving around more than he is attacking. He must be frustrated with how many opponents he's facing at the same time. As Stain got closer Iida went to intercept him, but his engines started sputtering.

"Oh no, Recipro's done. Did I break the radiator during my kick earlier?" He asked himself. He then got an idea. "Todoroki, can you regulate temperature?"

"I'm not used to it with my left yet. Why?"

"Freeze my legs, with out plugging the exhaust!" Iida said.

"You're in my way!" Stain yelled as he threw a knife at Todoroki, but Iida blocked it with his arm taking the hit. "You stop, too!" And he threw a second knife into Iida's arm, pinning him down.

"Dammit! Ingenium!" I called out. I jumped from the wall to at Stain in the air as Iida grabbed the knife pinning him down, pulling it out with his teeth and Todoroki iced up his legs.

"Recipro...Extend!" Iida yelled as he jumped up with blue flames spaying from the exhaust.

"One For All...Full Cowling!" Izuku yelled as he got up and sparked green again. He jumped off of an ice spike causing it to shatter as he did.

"Dragon Glass...Assault!" I yelled as I jumped down from above. I made the obsidian form cleat like spikes on the back of my foot. Izuku punched Stain in the jaw as Iida kicked him in the hip where I hit him earlier. I came down from above with a drop kick, driving the spikes on my heel into Stains back.

Stain still shook off all three attacks and grabbed his blade in the air and swiped at Iida, missing by a hair.

"Keep on him!" Todoroki said as sent a burst of flame up.

Stain dodged it in the air. Iida used Recipro Burst to kick Stain up higher. I grabbed the wall as I fell and grabbed Stain by the collar as he flew up. Stain quickly drove his sword through my shoulder as I slammed him back first in the wall to pin him down. We need to finish this now, but he's still too quick to land any meaningful hit. I have to keep him pinned.

"Augh! Todoroki! Do it now!" I yelled through the pain.

"But-!" Todoroki tried to refuse.

"DAMMIT DO IT NOW TODOROKI!" I yelled as another blade was stabbed through my shoulder. As the orange flicker under me became much brighter I looked into the eyes of the man across me. The spark in his eyes wasn't desperate or panicked, it was something closer to someone planning. However the corners of his mouth twitching upwards unnerved me even more as we both were engulfed in flames. Even in the obsidian I could still feel the heat of Todoroki's fire. As I held Stain tight to the wall I almost passed out from the heat and lack of oxygen as it stopped and a wall of ice moved between me and Stain. I let go and slid back down to the ground as the obsidian chipped and crumbled off me in scorched sections.

"Y/n!" Both Iida and Izuku yelled my name as I layed on the cold ground, my skin a bright pink like a sunburn.

I stared straight up as I caught my breath. I laughed as a thought went through my head.

"Hey Izuku *chuckle* I think I'm like a taiyaki in a microwave now too." They just stared at me for a few seconds

...

...

"Pft!" Izuku couldn't hold in his laughter as he fell on his ass in both exhaustion and laughter.

(Keep you waiting huh? I really have no excuse about how long it took me to get this out other than I've had to put a lot of stuff on the back burner recently because of some stuff irl. Again I am sorry to those eager to read this story. As always let me know you're thoughts on this arc, I tried to do some stuff slightly away form the main story so I'm excited to hear all your feedback!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 5.4K 32
(IzukuXReader) (Y/N) is a girl who is struggling with her life because of a man she has been trying to get away from for years, until she meets a kin...
46.6K 1.2K 15
Izuku Midoriya has had a tough childhood. His mother abuses him, his father left when he was a baby, his childhood best friend bullies him every day...
15.4K 396 11
Izuku's life is a living hell - no wait... even hell is not that bad - He became a shut in because of all the abuse of his mother and the traumatic b...