Just give me a chance [Vmin f...

By EktaGupta968

"What if i say I love you" "I don't trust you" Park Jimin a renowned psychiatrist and son of famous businessm... More

Hello
Introduction
Chapter one: First meet
Chapter two: You are annoying
Chapter three: Next time
Chapter four: A messed up situation
Chapter five: let's date
Chapter six: An unrequited love
Chapter seven: worthy of you
Chapter eight: an ice cream date
Chapter nine: heartbroken
Chapter ten: Night walk
Chapter eleven: a kdrama scene
Chapter twelve: glimpse of past
Chapter thirteen: a much needed assurance
Chapter fourteen: Carnations and Sunflowers
Chapter fifteen: warmth and happiness weren't meant for me
Chapter sixteen: Love and Comfort
Chapter seventeen: Locked love
Chapter eighteen: I care for you
Chapter nineteen: Congratulations
Chapter twenty one: Jimin is mine
Chapter twenty two: Angels aren't meant to fall
Chapter twenty three: I Like Him
Chapter Twenty Four: Confession?
Chapter Twenty Five: A Better Person
Chapter Twenty Six: Hide and Seek
update soon!
Chapter twenty seven: Ignorance
Chapter Twenty eight: One wrong step
Chapter Twenty nine: Confession

Chapter twenty: Guilty or not?

218 30 12
By EktaGupta968

Success comes at the cost of hardwork, perseverance and resilience from all the hate protruded towards you. It takes everything to build a successful story worth listening to, but what if someone's speck of jealousy drags you to the edge where the next step is the end of everything you worked for? As jimin stepped forward he could feel the gazes lingering on him, the hallway resonated with whispering sounds of people discussing the hot topic of the day. Unaware of the events he walked towards the crowd, where he discovered a devastated couple crying badly while a bunch of seniors were analysing the situation. Sudden gasp were heard from some of them on seeing jimin, the whispers instantly increasing.

"I-is everything ok?" Jimin questioned noticing the stressful environment.

"You should be the last one to ask this, how could you make such a grave mistake Dr Jimin" one of the seniors retorted with a disappointed look. The crying lady lifted her gaze to glance at the culprit. She rushed to Jimin's side holding his collar giving him a murderous glare, her eyes were red and puffy from crying.

"Why did you do that, my daughter is in a critical condition I don't know if she would be safe or not." She jerked him sobbing badly, jimin clearly looked at the lady he was shocked when the realisation hit him like a truck. She was the same lady whose daughter he assisted yesterday, his heart pounded with nervousness, a sudden uneasiness crept inside him. Her husband held his wife looking furiously at jimin.

"We will not leave you for what you did to us, you don't deserve to be a doctor" the father yelled consoling his broken wife. Jimin was unable to understand the things happening with him as he checked carefully before advising them anything so what went wrong.

"This is your handwritten prescription right doctor jimin" his senior asserted showing him the paper. Jimin glanced at the paper desperately looking for any error, his eyes landed on the medicine written on it. A shiver ran down his spine on reading the medicine name.

"We thought you had a basic knowledge that any sort of high dose is not suggested in an early depression case." Senior spat angrily, he couldn't tolerate such a mistake from a renowned and talented doctor.

"The girl is suffering badly, having constant seizures and an abnormally fast heart rate."
Jimin constantly gazed at the words written on the prescription he couldn't believe that he made such an error.

"I-i don't kno-" he tried defending himself but was cut off in the middle by someone.

"I think he did it in overconfidence as he was being awarded he was too blinded by it to notice anything" it was none other than Hye Joon who jumped in between accusing jimin. The staff present there also agreed with the statement, some of them began to mock him although a few wanted to support him but kept mum as everything proved that the doctor did wrong. Jimin's eyes teared up at the allegation thrown at him. He knew his seriousness towards his profession, every inch of jimin warned him to retreat but he pushed back his weak side getting ready to defend himself.

"I didn't do anything wrong, i also know that i can't suggest such medication to anyone and to a small girl? never. About this prescription it could also be forged" jimin added trying his best to prove his point, he side eyed Hye joon who smirked looking at him, jimin at once knew he was getting framed purposely.

"Stop giving excuses for what you did, I even saw you were distracted by a phone call that day" patient's mother spoke remembering the day.

"If an award could make you so irresponsible Dr Jimin, then i don't think you deserve anything other than getting your medical practitioner licence cancelled" jimin was stunned by this statement his brain stopped functioning for a second trying to apprehend the words. It felt as if everything was getting snatched from him that too for a crime that he hasn't committed.

"Yo-" before he could complete his words, sudden footsteps were heard, everyone stepped aside looking at the police officers walking towards the couple. The father walked near the officers.

"Please arrest him sir, he is the one responsible for my daughter's condition" the officers nodded after checking the proof presented in front of him. They approached jimin.

"We have to arrest you on the grounds of medication error" officers conveyed handcuffing the doctor.

"I didn't do anything, please try to understand, I am being framed in this" jimin pleaded but the officers didn't pay any heed to his pleas. He was dragged to the police car meanwhile everyone ignoring his constant cries. Tears flowed down his face, he could see the despicable stares fixated at him.

~~~~~

"Most renowned Psychiatrist Dr Park Jimin is arrested on the grounds of medication error."

"What the hell are they showing" taehyung abruptly stood up resulting in his chair falling behind him.

"He is in the police station right now" Soobin confirmed showing the video of a news channel filming jimin going inside the police station. Taehyung couldn't believe his eyes it was a shock for him too, although he knew Jimin couldn't do anything like that but the thing he was concerned about was how the latter would be handling all of it. His worries grew thinking of the things jimin is suffering with. Without wasting a second he rushed out of the door followed by an equally tensed Soobin. Taehyung reached his cabin detaching his phone from the charging cable, he hurriedly called a number desperately waiting for it to get picked.

" Hello" a calm voice was heard on the other side.

"Namjoon Hyung I want you to immediately come to the police station, I am forwarding you the location" taehyung uttered impatiently.

"What happened is everything ok?"

"Jimin is arrested for a medication error and I want you to handle this case as quickly as possible. I still don't have proper information about the situation but I can't let jimin be in jail, please come fast." Taehyung explained.

"I'll be there" Namjoon answered.

~~~~~~

"I can't believe how these people get a degree when they aren't even deserving" one of the policemen uttered gazing at the imprisoned doctor.

"Shhh, you don't know it's all because of his father's influence" another one added while laughing at the boy.
Jimin sat there resting his head on the wall, a drop of tear slid from his closed eye. The policemen weren't even trying to lower their voices, purposely tormenting him with insults. Jimin never felt this humiliated in his whole career, just one allegation made him a source of mockery in everyone's eyes. Footsteps echoed inside silencing the two officers, soon two people walked near their table. Jimin reached near the bars to look at the figures only to find his worried father and brother standing over there. Jimin's dad on seeing his son rushed near the cell, where he captured a glimpse of a worn out jimin with red puffy eyes carrying a pained expression. Mr Park's heart clenched watching his son in that condition, he could wish nothing but to take his son out of this place right now and hide him somewhere safe.

"D-Dad" a broken syllable escaped jimin's lips, sudden wave of anxiety hit him when he realised the amount of damage his imprisonment news will cause to his family and their reputation. His mind dragged him in a pool of guilt accusing him for the worst his family would face because of him. His thoughts ceased when he felt two hands wiping his cheeks, a sob escaped from his mouth gazing at his dad and dongsaeng.

"Hyung you'll be out soon don't worry"

"We know you aren't at fault" Mr Park assured the distressed boy. Jimin slightly nodded accepting the words he was dying to hear from someone.

"Enough of your dramas, for now he is a prisoner you can't meet him without permission" the officer announced interrupting the moment. Mr Park glared at him which silenced him from uttering any nonsense, afterall Mr Park is one of the most successful businessmen in Korea if he wishes he could sue the officer for disrespecting his son.

"Eunwoo, ask the lawyer to hurry up I want my son to be released as soon as possible" eunwoo nodded while dialing a number.

"No need for that" a voice pierced through the stressed environment. Taehyung stepped inside with Soobin and Namjoon alongside him. The raven head was surrounded by an austere aura causing a cold and fearful impression inside the officers standing over there. Approaching the desk he kept a certain paper indicating Namjoon to proceed further while he turned his gaze towards the prisoner, his grim eyes instantly softened when it locked with those gloomily dark ones. Taehyung's eyes searched for the light that made Jimin's eyes glow every time he gazed at them but couldn't find any, he felt a pain in his heart looking at those tearful sad eyes. Jimin wanted to stay strong but he was failing miserably, he broke the gaze not wanting to look vulnerable in taehyung's eye. Namjoon showed the bail agreement to officers, after a few paper work jimin was granted a bail.

On stepping out of the prison he was pulled in a bone crashing hug by his dad, jimin remained silent and anchored. They took him out where a bunch of reporters blocked them, camera clicks sounded indicating they were being recorded.

"Mr Park did you suggest the medicine intentionally?" One of them popped in front with a mic.

"Are you getting cancelled by the medical council?"

Jimin hid behind his dad, the questions were salt on his wounds which they rubbed on him mercilessly. Taehyung could barely compose himself every cell in his body was seething with anger.

"Dr Jimin do you not feel shameful because of your act?"

"Enough of your nonsense, fuck off or i will make sure you won't be present for the next interview in your companies" taehyung yelled furiously bashing all of them. Pushing off those insensitive people they reached the car sitting in it quickly. Jimin could still hear the absurdity the media was sprouting but he chose to ignore that.

After half an hour the car stopped in front of jimin's house, before anyone could get down the car jimin sprinted inside the house wordlessly, as he moved inside he also saw his friends and cousin sitting there. Ignoring everyone's presence he dashed towards his room closing the door afterwards.

The rest of the people joined the ones inside the house.

"What happened there" Jungkook desperately asked,

"He got the bail but people won't believe him until he is proved innocent and also the fucking media pestered him with unnecessary questions" Namjoon answered sighing at the situation.

"I think it's my fault because I called him while he was writing down the prescription" Eunwoo added tearing up. Jungkook moved to his side to comfort him.

"No one is at fault, I know jimin is very serious about his work there is no way he would be distracted by a call" Su-Jin stated the facts.

"Of course, papers can be easily forged" hobi asserted supporting Su-Jin's point.

Between these discussions taehyung's mind was stuck on jimin, he was hell worried about the boy as he knew how badly it affects when someone's passion or dream are on the verge of being snatched. He couldn't stop himself anymore rushing towards the room Jimin just entered. Opening the door his gaze fell on the person crumbled up on the floor, his heart broke a little more at the sight of his angel. With heavy steps he advanced towards the sobbing boy who flinched by the incoming footsteps. Taehyung kneeled near him he could see the flashes of himself bundled up exactly like that. With shaking hands he touched jimin's face softly caressing it.
'i swear if I get to know that someone is behind this mess, that would be the end for that person'
Taehyung noticed jimin's hard grip on his phone as an instinct he took it from his hands reading the content flashing on the screen. It was an email with information about a specific meeting kept by the medical council, by reading the stated lines he came to the conclusion that it is probably organised to analyse Jimin's mistake which can also lead him to get his licence cancelled if found guilty. This news clearly justified jimin's breakdown, taehyung put the phone aside glancing at the boy who was silently shedding tears. The amount of pain jimin was suffering from couldn't be estimated, wavering thoughts of losing his doctorate licence were terrorising him to the core. Taehyung lifted his face while gently wiping his tears, he stared at the boy with fondness as if giving him a sort of strength however he was soon tackled in a hug by the wrecked person. Jimin's mind was fixated on the hateful stares he was given from the time this news broke, he lost himself completely when he found there is someone who gaze still held fondness for him as if a magnetic pull he let himself fall in that comfort releasing all the emotions he had bottled up so far.

"I-i didn't do a-anything...I checked e-everything before giving it to t-them but nobody believed me. I-it feels so disgusting to be stared like that, A-am I really t-the wrong one here?" Taehyung's heart shattered on listening to the cracking voice of the boy, he could sense immense pain the accusations caused on a calm and composed person like Jimin.

"You aren't at fault jimin and I trust you whether anyone does that or not, even your dad, brother and all your friends trust you and about the public they will get to know the truth" Taehyung consoled him.

"T-they won't believe me, look I am even getting cancelled, everything is going wrong. i-l don't know what to do" jimin panicked.

"Shhh, one wrong allegation won't snatch your hardwork, no one can do that jimin" taehyung tightened his embrace on the boy.

"But-"

"I will show the truth to everyone and that's my promise to you jimin. Also If you want that to happen please fill me up with details, what exactly happened that day? Do you have any beef with someone?" Taehyung inquired, making direct eye contact with jimin. Reminiscing the day's events he told every small detail to taehyung who listened to them carefully.

"As you didn't directly give the prescription it could have been changed or altered. What was the name of the nurse?"

"Min Seo yun" jimin uttered although he had an idea of the person involved in this but he was sure of one thing that the nurse had a good personality she could never stoop this low and downgrade someone.

"She needs to be investigated properly besides I don't want you to indulge into anything negative right now so just rest for now, I will definitely dig out the truth anyhow, bear this for sometime" taehyung stroked his hair while fondling with it, relaxing the boy in the process. The continuous turmoil in jimin's head was temporarily ceased he let himself loosen up a bit. Taehyung lifted him up by supporting his shoulder, letting him settle on the bed. Once he was sure that the latter was comfortable enough he picked jimin's phone and left after closing the door. Climbing down the stairs he found everyone was patiently waiting for him.

"Is he ok?" Mr Park asked

"He is resting for now but can't say if he is ok" taehyung sighed, his mind was relentlessly searching for a solution to this issue.

"We need to find a way out or these things would keep on pestering him" jungkook added.

"Yes because this issue is getting big, I don't know how but someone dragged this whole issue to social media and now everyone is demanding jimin's cancellation as a doctor." Hobi informed them by showing them a post where Aera's picture on the hospital bed was circulating everywhere. The post was strongly made to prove jimin guilty in the public's eyes downgrading his reputation. A wave of worry drowned every person there. Taehyung's blood boiled on seeing the post and comments where everyone was cursing and blaming Jimin.

"This post is proof that someone reluctantly wants to taint jimin's image" Jin gritted his teeth in anger.

"Jimin wasn't the one to give the prescription it was a nurse." taehyung said being annoyed, he had a relief that he took Jimin's phone else he would have been exposed to these nonsensical comments.

"That means he isn't at fault" Namjoon uttered.

"Yeah but the concerning part is would that nurse tell us the truth" Eunwoo mumbled.

Taehyung knew that only confronting the nurse won't be of any help as she could lie but he didn't have any other option.

"What about the CCTV I think every hospital has that" Yoongi broke his silence.

"Yes hyung why didn't it come to my mind, we could definitely check that" taehyung's face lit up at the small hope.

"Soobin, make sure all these posts are immediately taken down and also I want to find the one who posted these and about the nurse I would talk to her now" taehyung instructed Soobin.

"I will also come with you" jungkook said following taehyung outside.

"I just hope they catch the culprit" Mr Park prayed while sitting on the couch.

~~~~~

Taehyung and jungkook reached the hospital.

"I am going to the security department for the footage, you ask about the nurse" taehyung nodded agreeing to jungkook's words.

"Is nurse Min Seo yun available right now?" taehyung questioned the receptionist.

"Sir you can't meet a nurse like that she might be busy"

"Ok just tell me is she present today?"

"Yes she is bu-" before she could finish her sentence taehyung ran inside. Passing through the corridor he stumbled upon a person he was about to pass when his eyes fell on her badge.

"Min Seo yun" taehyung mumbled the name printed on the badge. The nurse also recognised taehyung, he is a regular visitor after all. She tried running but taehyung blocked her way.

"It's better if you talk here or you won't like being dragged to the police" taehyung warned, making her stiff at the spot.

"Sir you are troubling me during my working hours" Seo yun replied.

"Weren't you the nurse Jimin asked to deliver the prescription" taehyung asserted, his voice sounding deep and serious giving the do not mess with me vibes.

"I-i was" the nurse nervously answered being intimidated by the man.

"Did you alter it by Changing the name of the medicine? Because of you an innocent person is being blamed"

"No why will I do that"

"Look if you are doing it for money then I can give you a bigger amount but tell me damn truth" taehyung raised his voice a little.

"I didn't do anything" Seo yun was still adamant by her statement but her body language clearly stated that she was indeed hiding something. Before taehyung could pick on her behaviour he was distracted by a figure leaning against the wall. He marched towards the wall but the eavesdropper was long gone. 'i think i saw that person but where, ohh that Hye joon guy'
He walked towards his cabin opening the door harshly.

"Woah, look who is here Mr Kim Taehyung but sorry to inform you jimin isn't here might be in the police station, i really feel sorry for him" Hye joon pitied showing a sad smile.

"Why can't I feel any remorse in your words" taehyung gave a skeptical look.

"Is it? That's fine because it was Jimin's mistake after all"

"Quit the act, i saw you eavesdropping on my conversation" taehyung replied.

"What are you trying to implement am I the one behind this mess? Hmm...Okay then you caught me. Yes I did that to jimin by changing the medicine name." Hye joon confessed with a smirk on his face, his features speaking that he was proud of his shameful act.

"I should have guessed it before but anyways the CCTV recording is enough to expose you" taehyung commented while turning back to open the door.

"Do you think I would be that careless to not erase the only proof against me" taehyung steps halted, he could do nothing at this point. He turned walking towards the guy holding his collar.

"You think this would save you? never! how fucked up you are to play with someone's life just for the sake of your ego and jealousy" taehyung yelled barely able to hold back his anger.

"Calm down it's a hospital and I just wrote a strong dose, the girl herself didn't have a wish to live as she ate approx ten pills from that bottle moreover nothing can be done now just after 3 days the medical council would cancel jimin's licence, let's see how would you save him from that" Hye joon stated jerking off taehyung's hands from his shirt.

"Jimin thought he could get rid of me so easily, he had to pay for the rejection. Actually he wouldn't have done that but you out of nowhere came into our lives." He uttered angrily pointing at taehyung.

"I should have screwed you but this is even better, on one side jimin's mental health would deteriorate seeing his reputation being crushed underneath everyone's shoe and on the other side it would be hurting you more to see him in that condition that's like a precise hit of hatred to both you." He finished his statement laughing hysterically but was rewarded with a hard punch on his jaw.

"As expected from a trash like you, none of your expected shit is going to happen. Three days are more than enough to expose a person like you and once it happens I'll make sure you rot in hell." Taehyung replied, his words struck like a current making Hye joon shiver a little from the impact. Giving the person a last glare he moved out of the cabin. He was met with jungkook at the entrance who had a distressed expression residing on his face, on seeing taehyung he strided towards him.

"There wasn't any footage right?" Taehyung asked.

"How do you know?" A confused jungkook retorted.

"Because I just met the mastermind behind this, Hye joon is the one who executed all of this"

Jungkook's eyes widened at that, he knew him as he was a college friend of jimin but he wasn't expecting this person to pop up as jimin's foe.

"How? i mean he is jimin's friend"

"Jealousy, he did this and gave it a tag of revenge" taehyung uttered with a hateful expression.

"That person, I won't leave that fucktard" jungkook furiously asserted.

"No need, firstly we have to get evidence. I have promised jimin and would abide by it no matter what"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 4.6K 36
There's always a way , if they really wanna stay. Jeon Jungkook , a sophisticated boy studying medicine met- Kim Taehyung , an utterly handsome, ric...
1.5M 53.7K 56
Jeon Jungkook an arrogant boss , a well known CEO , very rich has anything he wants. A drunken night and everything was a roller coaster for him as h...
285K 6K 60
❝"I want to do very sinful things to you"❞
13.6K 520 24
He's a model, he's a CEO both are together but it's unknown