If I Could Give You the Moon

By natsknightofren

When Scarlett's family figures out that she likes girls, her entire life explodes. Wanting to "fix" her they... More

The Sisters of Mother Mary
Miss Perfect
The Boys
Nights Like These
I'm Not A Full Punk, Death-Metal Emo Kid
Am I Stupid?
Let Me Explain
I'm with the Band

You Look Hot In a Uniform

268 15 5
By natsknightofren

Waking up in a new place was always terrifying. The disoriented panic of having no idea where you are for the first couple of seconds after opening your eyes was the worst feeling ever. When Scarlett saw the unfamiliar ceiling, she shot up in alarm. Her eyes raced around the room, trying to find something that could bring her back to reality. When she spotted Phoebe curled up in her bed across from hers, snoring softly, a wave of calmness instantly washed over her. I know where I am, I'm safe, I'm okay.

    Finally coming to her senses, Scarlett realized what had woken her up. Phoebe's alarm had gone off,  an irritating ringing filled the room. Damn, she can sleep through anything. She looked over at the blonde who was still passed out. Scarlett giggled softly as she crawled out of bed and grabbed Phoebe's phone, turning off the grating noise.

    "Good morning," Scarlett jumped and looked down, a pair of brown eyes capturing her own.

    "Oh my fuck, Phoebe, you scared the shit out of me!"

    "My bad dude. You seem really easy to scare, actually. It's kind of cute."

    "Oh whatever. I thought you were still asleep!" Scarlett replied, trying to ignore the last part of what Phoebe said in order to keep herself from blushing.

    "Are you ready to become a sweet little Catholic girl today? I promise it's actually kind of fun pretending." Phoebe sat up, stretching.

    "As ready as I'll ever be. I'm sure I'll be okay now that I have you guys. And I agree, I already feel like a rebel, I'm kind of excited to sneak around." Scarlett sat on her bed again, watching Phoebe.

    "Exactly, babe. They're not that smart putting a whole bunch of gay girls and non-binary kids together, and expecting them not to get into trouble." She winked at Scarlett. "Now come on, we've got 20 minutes until we have to get down to the cafeteria for breakfast. Get your ass moving."

    "Wow, you look hot in a uniform!" Scarlett gave Lucy a spin indulging in her comment. The cafeteria was bustling with activity, girls chatting at each table around the open space.

    "Thanks! I think it's just a little small on me, but I was lucky Phoebe had an extra one to lend me while they get one tailored for me." Scarlett gestured to the black blazer resting over a white dress shirt and black tie. She tugged at her skirt, hoping it wasn't riding up her ass.

    "I personally think it fits just right," Lucy smirked.

The line up to get breakfast was still quite long, and Scarlett wondered how Phoebe and Julien managed to get through it so fast. Her and Lucy had been waiting for like 15 minutes already.

"How did Julien and Phoebe already get through the line? We all came in here together, and one moment they were here, the next they weren't."

"They are little gremlins when it comes to food. I swear all they do is bat their eyes and suddenly they're at the front of the line. I honestly don't know how they do it. But, at least they get us our table every time." Lucy looked over across the room, pointing out the two girls sitting at a table in the corner, chatting with each other. "I, on the other hand, don't mind waiting. It gives me time to make up my mind."

Once the two of them got their breakfast, they made their way over to the table.

"Good morning Scarlett," Julien said, a faint blush covering her cheeks as she took in the sight of the girl.

"Morning Julien," Scarlett replied, sitting directly across from her. She was already nervous about today, so fuck it.

"Ugh, that line was way too long today. It was nice of you guys to bring us to the front of the line with you." Lucy rolled her eyes at the other girls sarcastically.

"Sorry dude, everyone fends for themselves when it comes to the line up," Phoebe replied, lightly nudging Julien. "Maybe if you weren't so caught up looking at Scarlett in her uniform, you would have noticed us moving to the front of the line." She teased Lucy.

"Hey, what can I say? There's no one here at this table that can deny she looks hot in that uniform."

"True that. Catholic schoolgirl fits you well. " Phoebe winked, as she picked at her food.

"What's your first class today, Scarlett?" Julien looked over at the girl, genuinely curious.

"It's Religion. I'm a little nervous, because I've never been to church or anything before. I know like, nothing about christianity and catholicism. My parents were very into it, but we never had the time to go, and they'd never forced it on me until they found out I was, you know, different."

"Don't be nervous, it's not hard to figure out. Phoebe once wrote 'I love God' as one of her answers and they marked it right." She laughed as Scarlett snickered. " If you have Brother Elijah then you have it with me and Phoebe."

"Okay, it doesn't seem that bad anymore. Just pretend you want to fuck Jesus, got it. I can do that. I've been acting in front of teachers for a long time, that's how you get good grades at my old high school. Teachers love a good innocent student."

    Julien giggled. "See, you're already a natural. And maybe sometime later I can actually teach you about Christianity, the stuff that's actually true and not utter bullshit."

    "Yeah, I'd like that actually."

    "Yo, are you guys ready to walk to class?" The two girls were snapped out of their conversation, totally forgetting about the other two idiots seated beside them.

    "Yes Pheebs." Julien replied. "Our Highness can't be late for class," she said quietly to Scarlett as she stood up.

    Scarlett giggled, copying the brunette's actions, following behind the trio to put their trays away.

    "I heard that, you little fucker," Phoebe punched Julien in the arm playfully. "You know for a fact you don't want to be late either, stop trying to act cool in front of my roommate."

    Lucy snickered.

Julien punched the blonde right back, glaring at her. She looked back at Scarlett. "She already knows I'm cool. How could she not when I look like this?" Julien winked at Scarlett.

    "Oh shut up, J."

    Scarlett looked around the classroom, half listening to what Brother Elijah was saying. She counted 5 crosses hung throughout the room, and that was just from what she could see.

    The girl thought back to when she had first entered the room. Everyone had filed in and found their seats as Brother Elijah introduced himself to her and gave her the books she'd need for the class. Then, he gestured to the empty desk beside Phoebe, which of course was at the front of the room, and told her to take a seat. Julien, the lucky bastard, was seated at the back of the class.

    Now, after 30 minutes of listening to the man ramble on about how God made heaven and Earth, Scarlett was getting bored. The man's monotone voice was putting her to sleep, which she felt bad for, because he was actually a nice guy.

    A folded up piece of paper landed on her desk. She quickly grabbed it and hid it, opening out of sight of Brother Elijah.

    He once got caught reading 50 Shades of Grey before class. And we swear he's a pedophile, he watches us girls a little too much. Earned him the nickname Uncle Elijah.

    Scarlett choked.

    "Are you okay, child?" Brother Elijah stopped mid ramble.

    "Oh, yes, Brother. Just a tickle in my throat." She bit down on her tongue, trying to hold in the laughter bubbling up inside her.

    He looked at her for a moment, and then continued on with his explanation of Genesis.

    Scarlett looked over at Phoebe, her eyes wide.

    Phoebe was already looking at her with a sly smirk on her face, eyeing the note in the girl's hands.

That fucking cunt. I'm gonna have my hands full with her around. Scarlett smiled softly, rolling her eyes as she turned her attention back to the lesson.

A/N-

Finals are over! Here's another short chapter, I'm working on some longer ones that actually get into the plot. I feel like I've finally gotten a good introduction into the setting and characters 🥹 Thanks for reading! 🫶

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 166 40
When the popular Christian Turner is introduced to his girlfriends cute gay best friend things start to go south very quickly.
196K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
65.6K 2.4K 78
When college student Brandy Bright's charming, but toxic best friend, Benji, asks her to move in with him, she has to decide if making a move on her...
1.4M 51.5K 40
Scarlett Everwood isn't necessarily your average 17-year-old girl, but she's managed to get by. After a year of pulling herself back together, she's...