ASTER - h.p // d.m

By iloveallmymans

IN WHICH // the sweet, kind diggory girl is much more than she seems, yet somehow always gets caught up in th... More

introduction
prologue
โ‹†โ˜† YEAR THREE โ˜†โ‹†
-two-
-three-

-one-

11 2 1
By iloveallmymans

"scaredy cat"

"wake up, please, ms diggory!" professor mcgonagall snaps while knocking on stellas desk. Her head shoots up, thin, chesnut colored hairs sticking out on her forehead and the slightest bit of drool on the edge of her full lips. Hermione rolls her eyes and whispers under her breath, "told you to not stay up late reading last night..." stella shoots her a glare out of the corner of her eye and then turns back to the professor with narrowed eyes standing in front of her.

"Sorry, professor, wont happen again miss." stella uttered, trying her hardest not to look at harry and ron from across the room, being able to hear their snickering from across the class. Mcgonagall slowly shakes her head and walks back to the front of the class to resume her lesson.

Stella slinks down into her chair from embarrassment. Looking to her right, hermione purses her lips and tries to hide a smile. "Oh, be quiet, mione. Yes, i know you were right," the blue eyed girl sighed to her friend in defeat. "Whatever."

"Bold of you to assume i was looking at you because of that," hermione whispers back to the girl, glancing to the other side of the classroom where their other two best friends sit. "Harry wont quit looking over here at you."

Stella snaps her neck to her right and instantly makes eye contact with harry, who sputters and quickly looks away, trying his hardest to hide his blush. Stellas eyes widen of their own accord, her own blush spreading across her freckled face and looks away, picking at a frayed hem on her shirt.

Okay, so maybe stella had the teensiest, tiniest, insignificant little crush on the chosen one. But, honestly, who doesnt? His bravery is admired by all and his looks arent all that bad either, with his bright, gleaming emerald eyes, and his...

Stella had to stop herself before that thought progressed even further. This was her best friend, she remembered. She couldnt crush on him, that would just ruin their entire friendship if that small little secret came out. Stella took a deep breath before trying to dispell all thoughts surrounding harry and focusing back on the lesson. She got so into the lesson, though, that she didnt notice a pair of green eyes on the other side of the classroom, steady observing her.

***

At dinner that very same night, the group of four sat at the gryffindor table discussing the upcoming hogsmeade visit. Harry most likely would not be able to go, unless professor mcgonagall agreed to sign his slip.

   "Harry, if professor mcgonagall doesnt let you go, i can always stay here with you. We wont leave you alone." Stella says, looking at him with slight pity visible in her expression. Ron and hermione nod along with the girl.

    Harry shakes his head in disagreement. "I wont make you guys do that. Ill be fine, you guys can go have fun. I wont force you to stay here just because I cant go."

stella sighs. "What class do we have now?" She says, looking around at her other three friends. Hermione looks at her time table, and shows the girl. "Defense against dark arts, professor lupin."

***

as the group of four walked into the classroom, professor lupin smiled at them and walked over. "Ah, hello harry. How do you feel? No more dementor encounters?"

Harry blushed from pure embarrassment. Stella pursed her lips. She knew harry didnt like people bringing up what happened on the hogwarts express coming to the school. He had passed out from fear, and draco, the annoying nitwit he is, will not let him live it down as if he didnt run into the twins compartment screaming. "N-no sir." Harry answered the kind professor.

Just at that moment, draco and his goons walked into the room. He must have overheard the conversation, because as soon as he got near harry he began to make fun of him. "Right, potter, no more scary dementors to make you pass out again?" The blonde snorts out, laughing hysterically at himself. Stella thought he looked very similar to a platinum blonde pug at that very moment.

"Oh, shut it, Malfoy." Harry says, still red in the face from dracos poking fun. The blonde boy rolls his eyes and walks away with his two idiot "friends" following him around like little lost dogs. It would fit the image stella was forming in her head of them. A lovely little group of puppies. Go fetch boy!

"Right. Hello children. Could anyone tell me what a boggart is?" Professor lupin says from the front of the classrom, standing next to a tall brown wardrobe that was shaking on its hinges.

Hermione raises her hand quickly, eyes wide with excitement. She looked like she was about to burst with knowledge, stella decided.

Professor lupin looks at her. "Hermione?"

She smiles triumphantly. "A boggart is a shape shifting creature, whose true form is unknown. It changes shape to present your worst fear."

"Correct, ms Granger!" The professor assured. "Now, who would like to demonstrate first?" He says, looking around the group of gryffindors and slytherins. Neville ever so slowly raises his trembling hand.

"Ah, wonderful, mr longbottom! Come on and open the cabinet."

Stella could hear draco and his friends snorting and giggling from behind her. She quickly turns around and glares at them. In return draco rolls his eyes, slowly dragging them up her body.

Stellas eyes widen and she turns her gaze back towards the front. Did he really just check me out? She thinks. Thats never happened before. She knows he hates her guts, and vise versa. Why was he suddenly switching up?

Shaking her confuzzled thoughts out of her head, she turns back to the front of the classroom where professor lipin tells everyone to get into a line. She jumped in right behind ron and in front of hermione, with harry right behind her.

When ron walks up to the boggart, it quickly switches form to a giant spider. Stella shivers. she despises spiders. Not necessarily scared of them, more just creeped out. Ron shouts out the spell, and its eight legs are on roller skates now. Everyone in the room breaks out into giggles. Stellas up next.

Stell begins to walk up towards the boggart, taking a long breathe. She knew what her fear would be. The entire classroom suddenly turns black. She lets out the smallest gasp, and whispers out, "riddikulus!" And the classroom gains light again.

"Diggorys afraid of the dark!" She hears someone say as she turns away. Everyone was laughing at her, she knew it. How pathetic of me, she thinks. Whos scared of the dark? A five year old! A thirteen year old girl afraid of the dark. How sad.

Harry sees her expression from next to her. He touches her shoulder, and smiles at the brunette girl. She bites her lip and crosses her arms, smiling the best she can without faking it.

"Everyones afraid of something, stel. Dont be embarrassed," harry mumbles to her, sliding his hand from his shoulder to her hand, squeezing it, and dropping his hand.

Stella takes a breathe and smiles at him, truly now, and hermione walks next to her.

"Harry, your up next!" Mione says, pushing his arm slightly. As the green eyed boy walks up to the boggart. As the creature was transforming into his new form, professor lupin jumps in front of him, and the boggart takes the shape of a white orb floating in the air. Stella was confused, what was lupin scared of? White balls? She shook out her immature thoughts, pursing her lips.

"Thats good, everyone! Wonderful lesson today! Class dismissed," professor lupin calls out, and as the group of four were walking out the door, lupin calls harrys name. "Harry? Could i talk to you please?" Harry nods, looking to his three friends and telling them to go on. The door closes behind harry.

"You guys can go. Im going to wait on harry." Stella says, smiling towards ron and mione.

Hermione grins at her knowingly. "Okay, we will meet with you later then," she says quickly, pulling ron away with her. Stella rolls her eyes and leans against the wall next to the door, set up to wait on her green eyed friend.

***

Yayyy!!! First chapter done!
1401 words
Okay i need help, do i make this book in third person like this chapter or first person, like the prologue?? Pls tell me which one you guys prefer!
I really need to work on an update schedule, but for rn im thinking about 2/3 times a week!!

-LANA

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 39.6K 92
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
842K 19.1K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
218K 5.4K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...