Scarlet Witch : Time Runs Out

By MarvelDc_EU

#1 in "characterstudy" January 2024 #4 in "innerstruggle" January 2024 Sequel to Wandavision, Multiverse of M... More

Scarlet Witch Legends episode
Chapter 1: ROAD TO REDEMPTION
Chapter 2: THE LITTLE THINGS
Chapter 3: A BURDEN WORTH CARRYING
Chapter 4: MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL
Chapter 5: LIKE FATHER LIKE DAUGHTER
Chapter 6: WEDDING BLUES
Chapter 7: A STRANGE ECOUNTER
Chapter 9: NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED
Chapter 10: A DAY IN THE RAFT
Chapter 11: DARKER THAN SCARLET
Chapter 12: GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT
Chapter 13: NEXULPROMOCIDE
Chapter 14: THE TURNING POINT
Chapter 15: THE ESCAPE
Chapter 16: IN HIDING
Chapter 17: INJUSTICE

Chapter 8: SO IT BEGINS

103 9 10
By MarvelDc_EU

Wanda: No! No! Let me go!!

After she collapsed outside the sanctum when processing her encounter with Strange, Wanda woke up with flashing lights from a dark, steel room, blinding her eyes. She tried to move but she was bound to a hospital bed by multiple people pinning her against the bed.

"She's out of control! Where are the straps!"

Wanda: What's happening!

She then felt them strapping her arms and legs to the bed.

Leopold Fitz: Hold still! We're trying to help you!

Wanda: No! No! Let me go!

Fitz: Gemma! Sedate her now!!

Gemma Simmons: She's moving too much!

Fitz: Just do it!

Wanda: What's happening! W-who are you!

Wanda's chaos energy was emitting from out of her chest, threatening to explode outward with a massive force. Similar to what happened when she caused the Westview incident.

Simmons: I'm doctor Simmons. We're trying to help you! Just hold still.

Wanda: No! No no no no! Get away from me!

Fitz: Ms Maximoff, we are not your enemy! You're in distress! Your powers are building up massive amounts of energy, and it could release at any moment!

Wanda: It hurts!

Simmons: We can help you, but you need to be still!

Wanda: Where are my children! Where's vi...

She then felt a needle in her neck before she could finish her sentence.

Wanda: ...sion...

Everything turned to black and she closed her eyes, entering an unconscious state. Her powers dissipated slowly, while Vision was witnessing everything from behind a glass wall on the other side.

(Gemma Simmons and Leopold Fits were both lead roles in the show called "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D")

Vision: Is she going to be okay?

Darcy Lewis: I don't know. But as soon as we've finished running tests, I'll let you know. But for now, she needs to stay here for her own safety and everyone else's.

-This is Darcy

Vision: Thank you.

Darcy: Hey... It's okay. She's in good hands now. S.W.O.R.D knows what they're doing. You should be with your children. You being here won't change anything.

Vision lowered his head and sighed.

Vision: Alright. I trust you.

Darcy: You can rest assured, S.W.O.R.D is not the same as they were when Hayward was in charge. I mean, why do you think I got the job? Fury only hires the best of the best.

Vision: I'm just worried about her. She's been acting strange lately. I fear she won't cooperate very easily. Just don't treat her like something to be fixed.

Darcy: Don't worry! We got this.

As hours went by, Doctor Simmons stood near Wanda while running multiple tests, icluding brainwaves, blood tests and heart rate. Fitz was working at the counter, looking at the computer monitor, searching for anything that might seem odd in her brain patterns.

Simmons: Still nothing?

Fitz: Other than finding some severe forms of PTSD, Mild Autism, Persistent Depressive Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Separation Anxiety Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, Dependent Personality Disorder, Avoidant Personality Disorder... and readings of intense, persistent dread and fear... nothing much.

Simmons: Wow. Uhm... That's...

Fitz: A lot, yeah.

Simmons: No wonder...

Fitz: Don't you feel a little bad? For her I mean?

He looked at the computer monitor.

Fitz: I mean what I'm getting here is a person who was already prone to lose themselves if they ever lost someone or suffered a great deal. This kind of brain structure is not built for a life like this. I'm surprised she still has the will to live.

Simmons touched Wanda's arm.

Simmons: It's tragic, really.

Inside Wanda's mind, she was dreaming of an ordinary day, waking up in bed next to Vision, making coffee, brushing her teeth, preparing food for the kids before going off to Xavier's school... This dream showed her deepest desires, but something was off. She felt a sudden sense of dread, but had no idea why. The feeling of dread and foreboding made her feel like this was all an illusion, as if something big was on the horizon, creeping into the dream slowly turning into a nightmare. She heard a ticking clock in the living room, so loud that it seemed to be ticking inside her head. As she walked to the living area, she saw the time: 11:59:55 ; 11:59:56 ; 11:59:57. One second after the other, ticking to 12. The moment it switched over to 12, she saw words being written in blood on the wall, "Time runs out".

The sun dissappeared, and she was left in darkness.

Wanda: Vision?

...

Wanda: Vis?

There was a silence unlike any other. She tried to walk through the house by memory, without seeing where she's going.

Wanda: Boys?

...

As she walked, she suddenly walked into a tree. That's when she realized she was not in Westview anymore, but a dark forest.

Wanda: Someone!? Anyone!?

She used her powers like a Torch in her hand, to light up the area. A fear came over her upon seeing hundreds of deceased corpses laying everywhere. As if a predator tore through them all. Then she heard her children screaming for help.

"Mom!"

"Mom! Help us!"

Wanda: Boys!

She ran through the forest hastily.

Wanda: Boys!? Where are you!? Boys!!

While searching for her children, her eyes caught someone running between the woods and hiding behind a tree.

Wanda: Hello? Who's there?

She walked towards the person hiding behind a tree. The person was frightened of her.

"Go ahead. Kill me. It doesn't matter. It's all too late."

Wanda looked around, seeing lifeless bodies everywhere.

Wanda: What killed these people?

"You did."

She took a step back and looked at her hands.

Wanda: What?

She began realizing that she wasn't the helpless victim in this forest, but the predator.

The person laughed frantically.

"You messed with the canon, now it's messing back."

Wanda: What do you mean?

...

Wanda: What do you mean!!?

"Tick... Tick... Tick... Tock."

Suddenly Wanda jolted awake from the nightmare and gasped for air. Simmons jumped slightly from being startled.

Simmons: Bloody hell.

She tried to move but she was strapped to the bed. She saw Simmons and Fitz in the room.

Wanda: Where am I!? Who are you!?

Simmons: You're at a... hospital.

Wanda: Why am I strapped to this bed? I need to go see my children!

Her eyes caught a clock hanging on the wall which made her feel uneasy. It showed the time being 7:30 in the morning.

Fitz: The straps were just to keep you still... and in case you tried to escape.

Wanda: You know these straps can't hold me.

He looked at her with caution.

Fitz: You're not going to escape... are you?

Wanda: Where's Vision? Where are my children?

Simmons: Vision was the one who brought you here.

Wanda: Vision brought me here?

She looked around and noticed the cold interior, the windows covered with obscure glass, and the highly advanced computers on the counter.

Wanda: What is this place?

Fitz: You're at a hospital.

...

Wanda: What is this place really?

Simmons sighed.

Fitz: Don't say it.

Simmons: Look she's not going to cooperate either way if we're not being truthful!

Fitz: Don't you dare say it!

Simmons: She's already paranoid!

Wanda became alert.

Wanda: Where am I...

Her eyes glowed red, and suddenly the straps disappeared.

Simmons: He told us not to tell you.

Wanda: Who?

Simmons: Vision!

Wanda: Why would he do that?

Simmons: Because... He said you wouldn't trust us if we told you.

She looked at Fitz, narrowing her eyes.

Wanda: This is S.W.O.R.D.

Fitz: How did you know?

Wanda: I just read your mind.

Darcy suddenly barged into the room, talking to Simmons, but slowly stopped talking when she saw Wanda sitting on the bed.

Darcy: Hey Gemma I got... your... signal. Oh...

Wanda: You.

Darcy: Hey. Uh... How're you doin... Gemma can we... talk... for a minute?

Simmons: I know, we were supposed to keep her under. But she somehow woke up!

Darcy looked at Fitz.

Fitz: Don't look at me, I'm just the computer genius.

Wanda: Darcy, right?

Darcy: How did you know that? We never actually... met, have we? Am I going crazy?

Wanda: I know about your involvement at Westview.

Darcy: Right... Sure... I guess.

...

Darcy: Anyway, look, yes you're in a S.WO.R.D facility, but we're the good guys.

Wanda: I don't care. I have to get out of here, now!

She stood up, ready to leave.

Darcy: Wait! You can't!

Wanda: I need to find out what's going on!

Darcy: Yeah Vision said you saw Doctor Strange, right? He also told me you've been seeing things, getting nightmares, and doing things you don't claim to have done. Like on the bridge.

Wanda: He told you all that? Look, I'm not crazy! Okay? I'm not! Something is wrong. Something is VERY wrong. I have to find out what!

Fitz: Are you sure it's not just your... mental psyche? I mean you did suffer a great deal.

Darcy: Fitz!

Wanda: I'm not sick! Yes I've been having nightmares! Yes I've been having depression! Yes I'm having panic attacks! Those are all signs of some complex PTSD and I accept that about myself! But whatever this was... Whatever happened last night... That was NOT that. I am telling you, something is wrong!

Fitz: Calm down... I didn't say you're crazy. I'm just trying to get to to the bottom of this. Look, if Vision didn't bring you here, you could've hurt a lot of people. If that happens again...

Wanda: You don't understand! I don't have time for tests!

She ran out of the room and searched for a way out of the facility. The alarm buzzed in the background, alerting all troops to stop her without lethal force.

As she ran through the corridors, multiple agents flanked her in.

"Surrender now, Wanda. You have nowhere to run!"

She effortlessly swatted them away with her telekinesis, like swatting away a fly, and continued to rush through the facility. More agents ran in front of her, but she made them fall asleep instantly, and ran past them. Finally after rushing through the corridors, she reached a large, open hall with a S.W.O.R.D statue in the middle, and glass doors on the other side of the hall. Hundreds of agents surrounded her from all sides, some even on upper floors.

"We have you surrounded! Please cooperate or we will be forced to restrain you."

Wanda: There's nothing you can do to me.

She waved her hand and erased every weapon they held in their hands. She turned around to walk out the door, but she suddenly felt like there was a shift in spacetime, disorienting her at first.

Then there was silence. An unusual silence. The buzzing of hundreds of agents and workers were gone.

She turned her head back around to look at the agents and she was shocked to her core at what she saw in front of her. Her breathing became abnorbal and her heart was beating faster and faster.

Wanda: No no no no no... no no no no!

Her face turned pale as a ghost and she wanted to vomit at the sight. Every single agent and worker in the hall was dead on the floor. Some were even separated from their limbs, others were separated from their heads. It was a horrific sight.

She rushed through the bodies to look for survivors until one arm grabbed her.

"P-p-please... k-kill... m-me."

She crouched in front of the man, whose face was burnt, and his left leg was cut off.

Wanda: I don't understand! How could all this have happened so quickly? Who did this?

The man breathed out his last breath, and there was complete silence.

Wanda: Who did this!?

She grabbed his shirt and shook him.

Wanda: Who did this!!!!???

She stood up and looked around her. The entire hall had been turned into a bloodbath. Then she suddenly felt a strong sense of Deja Vu, standing atop hundreds of bodies as the sole survivor. She then remembered the dream.

Wanda: No... It can't be...

As she looked at the bodies, she saw one arm moving slightly. This was a mere desk worker. Wanda grabbed his arm to feel a pulse, then she saw something that made her entire body feel numb. The watch on his arm showed the current time... 12 PM. Just mere minutes ago, she remembered the time being 7:30.

She rushed out of the facility, but the next thing she remembered was suddenly waking up in Westview, laying next to Vision, in the middle of the night.

Wanda: (gasp)

She was so disoriented that she grabbed Vision with her telekinesis and blasted him through the walls of their room. Vision stood up and tried calming her down.

Vision: Wanda! Hey! It's me! It's just me!

He walked through the broken wall, while her children woke up from the noise too and ran to her room.

Wanda: Vision? W-what's... what's happening!!??

Billy: Mom, what happened?

Tommy: Dad, are you okay?

Wanda: What's going on!?

Vision: You attacked me in your sleep. Boys, go back to bed.

Billy: But dad--

Vision: Now.

...

Wanda: No... no no no no no that was real! That was real! That was real!

Vision: What was real?

Tears ran down her face as she cried in horror and confusion. Vision realized she was most likely talking about a nightmare she just had. He put his hands on her face to comfort her.

Vision: Hey Hey look at me! It's over now. It wasn't real.

Wanda knew he wouldn't believe her, so she cried out again in tears, but this time sounding defeated.

Wanda: It was!!!

Wanda lowered her shoulders, feeling an overwhelming amount of stress and confusion. So much so that she didn't move a muscle.

Wanda: It was...

Vision: Wanda... Tell me what you saw.

Wanda: Did you... take me to S.W.O.R.D last night?

Vision: Yes, Wanda. Why do you ask that? You arrived back from S.W.O.R.D at around 12:30 in the afternoon.

Wanda: Well I was JUST there!

Vision: In the nightmare?

Wanda: No! I was just... there! Seconds ago! Everyone died! Vision... Everyone was dead!

Vision: Who?

Wanda: Everyone there!

...

Wanda: You don't believe me.

Vision: You're not making any sense, Wanda. Make me understand.

Wanda: I never came home at 12:30! I woke up here!

Vision: Okay let me try and get this right: you think, after 12, you didn't come home?

Wanda: Yes! It was JUST 12 in the afternoon a few seconds ago for me!

Vision: So all the hours since 12 up until the moment you just woke up, is all a blur to you?

Wanda: It's not just a blur... (sniffles) Vis... I have no memory of those hours!

...

Wanda: Am I... am I losing time?

Vision: Losing time? Like blacking out?

Wanda: I don't know! It was like a shift and then it's hours later and I can't remember anything! Just like... Just like I can't remember what happened to Strange!

Vision: You still can't remember what happened there? You really can't remember what happened to Strange and the others?

Wanda: I don't even know WHERE it happened! Wait... what others?

Before Vision could answer, another distraction caught her attention.

Wanda: Shh!

Vision: What?

Wanda: Do you hear that?

They both kept quiet, hearing very faint unusual noises. Vision went to check outside the window, but suddenly he was darted with an advanced EMP designed to subdue him.

Wanda: Vision!

She ran to him as he fell to the ground.

Wanda: (gasps) boys!

She ran to their room as fast as she could, but when she opened the door, they were gone.

Wanda: No! Boys!

As she looked around the room frantically, she saw scratch marks that formed a sentence on the window, "So it begins."

She didn't even have time to process what just occured, as two agents jumped through the window, while four jumped out of the roof, three others broke through the walls of the room, and a drone shined a spotlight on her from outside the window.

"Move! Move! Move! Move!"

"Take her!"

Wanda: No! Wait!

These people didn't even give her a chance to surrender or ask for an explanation. What followed happened so fast she didn't even have time to react. The drone shot her with highly effective tranquilizers while multiple troops flanked her and immediately shot her with spearguns through her body that connected with electrical wires. The pain shot through her body instantly.

Wanda: No!!! Let... me... GO!!!!

Four other troopers grabbed her with metal catch poles around her neck like catching a stray dog or a snake.

"Quiet!"

In a few seconds she was brought to her knees, and unable to use any of her power to free herself due to the tranquilizers taking effect.

"You make me sick! What monster does THAT!"

Wanda: Does WHAT! Why... are you... doing... t-this!

They put large metal cuffs on her arms, which connected to the chest and neck. Her tearful eyes conveyed the horrors of the sudden and unexpected physical and emotional pain she was feeling, but also fear, while wondering what they've done to her children and what they're gonna do to her.

Wanda: Let go of me! Let go!!!

The cuffs were linked to large chains that they used to drag her out of the house, where a military transport vehicle waited for her outside.

Wanda: Could you at least tell me what you did with my children!?

They threw her in the back and ordered the vehicle to drive away. Four choppers followed behind, with multiple vehciles forming a convoy around it.

One of the agents outside her home talked to someone over the comms in his ears.

"Package secured and on its way. ETA to the transfer point, one hour."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.6K 1.3K 42
Sequel to Wandavision, Spider-Man: No Way Home and Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness. 3 words altered history. Three words destroyed the m...
276K 6.2K 65
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will j...
45K 1.5K 33
Wanda Maximoff Fanfiction Artemis Cloud Romanoff have a power similar to the Death Note can do but a lot powerful. She can kill whoever she desire an...
4.7K 182 16
Looking forward to this moment for years, Wanda Maximoff had many feelings and anticipations regarding her transition to university: nervous, yet exc...