Find Me

By xXAmy_CXx

|Book 1 of The Betrayal Trilogy - Now Discontinued| [READ AT YOUR OWN RISK-STORY WROTE AT AGE OF 13] *** "N... More

Copyright
Prologue
1 • Mine
2 • Prank
3 • Panic
4 • Police
5 • Kidnapping
6 • Mel
7 • Funeral
8 • New
9 • Purity
10 • Scare
11 • Stalking
12 • Suspicious
13 • Taunting
14 • Rose
15 • Apprehensive
16 • Conversations
17 • Caller
18 • Flashbacks
19 • Soon
20 • Confusion
21 • Sneaking
22 • Worried
23 • Meeting
24 • Tick-Tock
26 • Him
Authors Note
Sequel

25 • Unexpected

7.8K 410 98
By xXAmy_CXx

My lungs burn from running so far. I don't let it bother me though, I just keep going, not able to shake what Mom had just told me. My father didn't leave us...he was murdered by the person I now know as my stalker. There are many thoughts processing in my mind right now, but the main thing I'm wondering is, why would he come back to taunt me? He killed Dad, and now he wants to hurt our family even more, is that it?

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, but I don't dare look at it. I keep running, not knowing when I'll stop. Why didn't she tell me sooner? She made me hate my father for no reason whatsoever.

And I hate her for it.

I don't know how exactly I make it to the park, but I find myself sitting on the familiar bench Xavier and I met at almost every night when I snuck out of the house. I don't know if he'll come tonight, but something inside me hopes he does. Xavier is the only one I can trust the least bit anymore.

First Laura, now Dad. How many people has this guy killed? Will I be his next target? Will Xavier?

Will Mom?

I love you too much to let you go...

That phrase doesn't want to leave my memory, no matter how hard I try to banish it to the deepest parts of my mind. It's one of the scariest things he's ever said to me, and it's also probably the deadliest.

It's almost time Melanie. The plan is close to being complete...

But when? When is the plan to be complete? What exactly is this plan he has been speaking of?

Ask your mother about June 20th, 2000...

Is this what he wanted me to find out all along? That the date my stalker mentioned was actually the day of my father's murder? Or is it something deeper than that?

"Melanie?"

I notice the voice right away, and I let a sob escape my lips. "Xavier."

In a split-second, Xavier has me wrapped in his arms, while I cry in his chest. "I don't think I can do this anymore...I can't!"

"Hey, it's okay Mel," he soothes, rubbing my back with his hand gently. "What happened?"

"I just found out," I sniffle, "that...that Mom had lied about my father. Turns out he died instead of leaving us. He was murdered by my stalker. She had been lying to me almost my whole life, and I don't know if I can ever trust her again."

I bury my face into his chest again. "Why? Why can I not trust even my own mother?"

"You can trust me," Xavier murmurs, trying to coax me out of his shirt. He lifts my chin so that I'm looking straight into his eyes; his beautiful green eyes that I have drowned into so many times before. "I will always be here for you Mel, no matter what."

"Please, don't make promises you can't keep," I whisper hoarsely. "I don't think I can take any more lies."

"I'm not lying to you," he replies confidently. "I love you."

Then, I feel a soft pair of lips on my own. At first, I'm frozen in shock and fear. I shouldn't be doing this...what if my stalker sees? Xavier could be in grave danger.

Only, when Xavier presses his lips more firmly against my mouth, I respond. Wrapping my shaky fingers around his neck, I kiss him like there's no tomorrow. I realize that I've been wanting this for a long time; I just haven't figured it out until now. I melt into his touch, no longer caring who sees us. If my stalker wants to kill Xavier for this, he'll have to kill me first.

His one arm wraps around my waist while the other hand rests on my cheek, pulling me flush against him. I feel myself going a little light-headed at the sudden closeness.

A few seconds later, Xavier pulls away, breathing heavier than normal. I'm the same way, but I'm too focused on how passionate that kiss was to care.

I can't seem to find my words. It seems that Xavier can't either. We just sit there, wrapped in each other's arms for a good minute, watching the sun disappear behind the mountains like we always did every night.

Eventually, I say that I have to leave. This causes him panic, wondering if he had done something wrong. I can't help but smile at his worry.

"No," I quickly assure him. "I just...my mom will be expecting me home soon."

"Oh, okay," he pauses, looking more relieved. "I'll text you later tonight then?"

I nod, "Sounds good."

As I'm about to turn away, Xavier says, "Wait!"

Confused, I turn around. Xavier stands, walking over to me in only three strides. Placing a hand against my cheek, he kisses me softly, a goodbye kiss. I happily respond, wrapping my arms around his neck. When he pulls away, he says quietly, "Goodbye."

Then, I watch him walk away, down the street, and disappearing around the corner.

I touch my fingers to my lips, smiling gently. Maybe, when I can get rid of my stalker, I can begin an actual life here. I could attend school, make friends, and hang out with Xavier when I can. That would be nice, a normal teenage life with no stalker to worry about.

If only I had that choice.

•••

When I arrive back at my house around ten minutes later, I notice something different, almost unsettling. I don't know what it is exactly. To the eye, everything seems calm, quiet. Only to me, it's too quiet, even in my small neighborhood. As I walk up to my front door, my breath catches in my throat. The door is cracked open, and the lock has been jimmied.

Panic overwhelms me, freezing my senses. The first thing that pops out of my mouth is, "Mom! Mom, someone's in the house!"

What terrifies me the most is that she doesn't answer me. The house is eerily silent, and I know something bad has happened. She'd never fail to answer me for the hell of it. Slowly, I open the door the rest of the way and step inside.

_________________________________________________________________

Again, this is going to be edited ferociously this summer, so please don't mind the grammar and missing information mistakes.

When Chapter 26 (the last chapter) is posted, there will be a authors note posted right after it (on a new post). YOU MUST READ IT! There is information on 'Save Me' the next novel in the trilogy, and when it will be posted.

New and last update comes Friday!

Please Comment/Vote/Follow!

xXAmy_CXx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.2K 2.9K 19
**Now published with Tapas** Nineteen year old Sienna Mathews' world is falling apart fast. She had what most would have thought was a good life. A g...
38K 1.2K 31
Drake, a man with blazing blue eyes. Silas, a man with breathtaking green eyes. Hunter, a man with astonishing hazel eyes. All three of them, with ab...
233K 7.3K 19
{Completed} Rose and Christopher were once the perfect couple. Rose was helping Christopher overcome his demons and together they seemed to be...
Submission By korielyn

Mystery / Thriller

3.7M 98.2K 43
Highest ranking #1 as on 4th July 2017 "Tell me you are mine" the cold, sharp, merciless blade tried to force me into submission. Into HIS submission...