𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇 πŒπ„, π’πˆπ‘

By AnneClinton

Meet Hailey McAdams, a star student known for her sharp mind and bold words. She never guessed that her quiet... More

AESTHETICS
1|See You Again
2|New Destinations
3|Oh Boy, Karma Is A Bitch!
4|Devil As A Teacher
5|You're Impossible
6|I Wanna Be Yours
7|The Fault In My Stars
8|Not Again, Ugh!
9| When Did I Say I Hated You?
10|I'm Sorry
12|Trouble In Paradise?
13|Impenetrable
14|Covetousness
15|I Like Your Smile
16|She's Back
17|Pangs
18|A Forbidden Temptation
19|Whispers Of Desire
20|Dawn's Secret : Silent Glances & Untold Vows
21|Melodies Of Longing
22|Whispers In The Rain
23|Hearts On Fire

11|Cloudy With A Chance Of Rain

212 7 2
By AnneClinton

"And I don't know why I ran to the things that cause me pain" - Not Alone (Tatiana Manaois)

Chapter Theme Song: Not Alone (Tatiana Manaois)

••

With no qualms.

Today's going to be a good day, I could feel it deep within. My study session with Chase was wholesome - I'd faith in him, he was going to excel as we proceeded with scheduling our sessions frequently. One thing I learned from him was he was a slow learner, as such you needed to adapt a method to assist him pick up. And so, I came down to putting the key words in lyrical forms and pictorial imaginations. That was the surest ways for him understanding and implementing it.

Aside that, I was going to the hospital after school with Chase to visit Jade. It's over the three days given to us to stay off visiting.

"Dad, Mom, I'm leaving. Chase is here" we agreed on going in his car.

"Be safe, let us know if anything occurs" referring to Jade's condition, I told them earlier about it - excluding details about her boy problem.

"I will. Love you guys" I went outside into the passengers seat.

"Looking radiant. All for him huh?" One day, just one day I'll dump him in a dumpster.

"I'll bury you alive and no one will know"

"You wish darling " I rolled my eyes to the back .

Grateful he didn't utter any more word about our teacher, whom I'm not challenging ever again. After he apologized, it was nice to reciprocate the gesture by staying solice. If I should open up to Chase about the apology, he'd make the largest mole hill out of it. Hence, I rather keep to myself on the matter. Also we were having pop quizzes for most of the classes today.

"Prepared to ace the quiz?" I probed him upon entering our first class - Chemistry.

"I don't know with all sincerity. We just started yesterday, and I can't magically grasp everything so quickly" holding his hand.

"I know. Better still, you know a few tricks. I believe in you" putting my head on his shoulder.

It didn't take long enough when the Chemistry teacher stratted into class. Asking the class to take away books with the exception of our stationaries.

Enlivened? I don't know whether to call it that, nonetheless, I wasn't gnawed at. I was caught between worrying about Chase and Jade - how's she feeling? The three days of not being able to visit weighed me down, but hey, I was going to see her today. That should be a good thing, all being well her discharge won't take long.

Now let's ace this quiz and get ready for our last three classes for the day. By which Mr Torres' class was last. We unequivocally try to get along now, since Dad put me in the position of being tutored by him after high school. All other things being equal, I wished wholeheartedly college starts earlier enough so I could escape from him. This test wasn't how Chase and I predicted - still I was positive he'd do well. Most of the questions were spin offs from our previous personal study.

"How did it go?" I queried, walking to the cafeteria for our lunch.

"Not as bad as I had mused. I don't want to disappoint you" he spoke with his hooded eyes.

"I'm never going to be disappointed in you" I assured him.

Our usual table of three ( Chase, Jade and I ) was surrounded by two other guys from Chase's basketball ball team . Whom were introduced to me; Augustus and Freddy. Augustus had blonde thick hair whiles Freddy was African from Nigeria but born and raised in the States. If Ashley was here, she'd definitely drool over Freddy.

"So, you two are a thing?" From Augustus mouth, both Chase and I only burst out in laughter.

"You know if they were, you'll have known,right? " Freddy responded to him.

"Then I'm free to shoot my shot?" Augustus with the wink.

"No thank you. I am taken" from the horses own mouth.

"Darn it!" He cussed.

After lunch, we set off to the next class - we weren't told whether there'd be any quiz. Still, I prepared regardless, a soldier must never be caught off guard, also ready for war. As if I was Mrs Romelio's assistant, she walked in to announce a pop up quiz. With fifteen minutes to skim through and thirty to complete the test, it was a battle between the pen and paper. A battle I was prepared for - still sceptical about Mr Torres giving us a pop quiz. He liked to catch us impromptu, maybe he's bipolar, that's the only way. Why would he decide not to go with the majority even if it's particularly inclusive in the semester's academic calendar.

"Hey you!" I jumped up before recognizing the voice.

"You nearly gave me a heart attack" smacking his shoulder.

"How was it?" Oh wait, let me guess; phenomenal, you're acing the whole tests and I am not kidding" he clicked his thumb and index finger right in my face.

"You're going to soar. Have confidence in yourself. We better head to our last class "

"Someone misses the love of her life" he sheathed his hand around my back, nudging me.

Despite us arriving for the last class - Mr Torres', he was yet to show up. Actually we came fifteen minutes earlier and Chase would not allow me breathing spree.

"Now what do we do while we wait for the class to get filled?"

"Crossword puzzle " I exclaimed.

"Get ready to loose" we took turns on completing a page, with timer.

We were engrossed in the crossword puzzle, none of us noticed the shadow that covered the light emitting in our space. Until Chase looked up and coughed lightly.

"Is this the time for games Chris? Aren't you supposed to be reading for the quiz? " I face palmed myself . This was all my fault, if I hadn't brought the idea of playing puzzles.

"We're sorry sir, it's not his fault. I came up with the idea" I couldn't allow Chase take the fall for me.

"I wasn't talking to you, Hailey. Since you were quick to talk, move up to the seat at the front of the class. The rest of you, put away all your books and papers. You'll have twenty minutes to turn in your answer sheets" this wasn't fair. Who am I to argue with him? I don't want to be made an embarrassment right in front of the whole class. Just looked straight ahead unbothered.

The questions were not a twenty minutes solution. I still focused on answering as many questions as I could. I knew I'd to pass this quiz - it was a must. My only worry was for Chase; we've only started the private sessions, we can't expect a drastic milestone. I only wished it helps in any small way possible.

"Five minutes remaining" one more to go and I'm done. Relived washed over seeing I wouldn't be rushed to finish up.

And boom. Time was up, pens down, students passed their sheets from the back to the front seats on each row. Mr Torres walked to each front row to take the answer booklets.

"Next class, I'll be grouping the class into teams of five. Do well to prepare adequately for it" and that was our clues to exit class.

Chase was driving us to the hospital to visit Jade. Thankful for him being born and lived his most life here, accustomed to the routes and places, made it easier.

"We're not bringing the subject of her predicament,yeah?

"Cross my heart " did I forget to mention, we had made our own friendship handshake? If not, we did and it was pretty cool.

We didn't take too long getting to the hospital, being favored, we met Stanley at the reception who led us into her ward. Looking peaceful in her slumber, still Chase and I managed waking her up.

"Hailey! Chase! You guys came"forcing herself to sit upright. Rushing to her side, we helped her get comfortable on the bed.

"We missed you terribly. How're you feeling now?"

"I'm fine. I don't know what came over me, it's just..." She was interrupted.

"Don't say anything, it's all in the past. We're always here for you no matter what. It's all in the past, the most important thing is you've learned. That's all there is" Chase finished.

All three of us hugged with tears of joy, even Stanley wiped a few tears watching the scene unfold before his eyes.

"How's school? How's he? "Even on hospital bed, she can't let go.

"School is fine, everyone wishes you a quick recovery" ignoring the last question on purpose.

"You're not by any chance ignoring the last for no reason, are you? " feigning ignorance.

"I'll personally tell you all you missed. But first, you need to get out of here" I smacked his hand off my shoulder.

"Ouch. Still love you baby " eye rolls.

All too soon the doctor in charge came in to announce he needed to give her antidotes, our little visit had come to an abrupt end. We promised visiting again tomorrow, until she was discharged hopefully soon.

"Thank you for coming. Means a lot that my sister has friends she can rely on" Stanley saw us off to the car park.

"That's the least we can do. Anyways, were your parents informed?" Seeing I didn't see them at the ward.

"They don't know. Jade made me promise not to tell them, else they'd leave everything behind to come back. Things would also not look good for her, she will be sent to boarding school" good riddance he didn't then.

And we were on our way home seeing how the clouds thickened with a likelihood of rainfall. It took not less than ten minutes on our way home, when it started raining heavily. With our windows rolled up, the sounds of the rain were faint.

"No. No. This can't be happening" looking at him.

"What's it?"

"We're out of fuel " not now, how does it happen in this torrential rain?

"Can it at least get us to a fuel station nearby?"

"I doubt. And we're out" the car came to a stop moments after he finished his sentence.

"Lemme try to get us help"I dialled my father's number which went straight to voicemail, same as my mother's. Just freaking perfect!

"Let me make some calls too" he said, getting his phone from the dashboard.

"Oh no no. Don't do this"

"Battery low?"

"It just died" hitting his forehead with his hand.

"We're stuck here until help comes or it stops raining" and I was hungry, the only thing I had was granola bars and two bottles of water of which we shared.

Checking my playlists to shuffle through songs, I set it on repeat for everything BTS and Mockingjay. "Dude, we still don't know how to get out of here"

"We will. This is to divert attention from being stuck in this vehicle with no fuel"

Ten minutes had gone by, when Chase sat up straight in his car.

"There's a car coming our way, better get help now" putting on the hazard lights.

The approaching vehicle slowed down, stopping beside us. I couldn't see clearly due to the tainted windows of our saviors vehicle. Then whoever the person was, decided to roll it down, the person I met eyes with won't leave my mind for a while.

"Mr Torres?" Chase was able to mouth his name, but me? All I did was stare at him like a complete lovestruck idiot.

~
______________________________________________

•• Don't forget to leave a vote, comment, share and follow!🥺💜 The little gestures goes a long way in encouraging me the writer, to continue  serving you better and better chapters. Counting on your love and endless support,  none  monetary payments - a followers > vote > comment > shares and unyielding community supporters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 2.6K 31
'ππŽπ“ π„π•π„π‘π˜ π‘πŽπŒπ€ππ‚π„ 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐈𝐍 π“π‘π€π†π„πƒπ˜." πŸ₯€ 18 year old Elyria Bennett gets kept behind a year in school due to failing her...
9.2K 319 20
Brianna Parker, an 18 year-old high school student, embarked on a new journey when she encountered her teacher. From that point onward, she aimed to...
33.4K 2.2K 42
[Complete] A professor x student, feel-good, romantic comedy. *** Lexi was used to working behind the scenes at her family's small private investi...
29.4K 1.7K 54
Yn. the perfect scholar girl. Her parents died in a car accident when she was 13 and has lived with her aunt since then. doesn't have anyone else bes...