Radioactive {Octavia Blake fa...

By glxtterashton

When the 100 are sent to earth and Octavia and Katherine meet they realize that life is not just about surviv... More

Chapter 1: Earth Skills
Chapter 3: Murphy's Law
Chapter 4: Twilight's last gleaming
Chapter 5:His Sister's Keeper
Chapter 6: Part 1
Chapter 6:Part 2
Chapter 7: Day Trip
Chapter 8: Unity day
Chapter 9:I am become death
Chapter 10: The Calm
Chapter 11: We are grounders
Chapter 12: We are grounders, part 2
Sequel :(

Chapter 2: Earth Kills

8.8K 229 115
By glxtterashton

Edited: maybeee

After Octavia and I's little moment we returned back to camp just as it was getting dark. We took a seat by the fire that had been built. Just as we we're getting comfortable we heard a commotion and turned around to see that the group had returned. Wells and Finn rushed a sickly looking Jasper into the drop ship with Clarke not far behind, Bellamy and Murphy were carrying something as well,they dropped it to the ground and it looked like some type of cat like animal.

"Who's hungry?" Bellamy shouted, the camp erupting in cheers

~

After cooking the animal over the fire Bellamy now had people lining up for food, he was giving it away on one condition, you have to take off your wrist band. I just couldn't bring myself to sabotage the ark like that, if the ark was really dying like Clarke had explained before, than some of us needed to keep the wristbands on so they'd know it was safe to come down.

"Why aren't you eating?" Octavia asks after sitting back down next to me.

"I'm not going to take my wristband off" I tell her

"You don't need to" she says before standing back up and walking over to Bellamy who was guarding the meat. I can't hear them but I see them argue for a minute and then Bellamy glances over at me sighing and handing her another piece of meat. Octavia walks back over and hands it to me before sitting down.

"Thanks" I say taking a bite

I quickly finish it and Octavia takes my hand and leads me to a spot just out of site from the camp but close enough that we won't get lost.

She brushes the hair from my face and leans in, placing a kiss on my lips. I kiss back and soon she's lying on the ground and I'm straddling her waist. Her hands start to snake up my shirt when I hear someone awkwardly cough behind me.

I turn around to see Bellamy standing there, less than impressed with what's happening. I quickly get up and try to fix my hair that was messy from Octavia running her hands through it.

"I'll... um... see you later" I say to Octavia walking away.

When I pass Bellamy he grabs my arm "I'm starting to see why you weren't interested in me, now" he whispers in my ear with a smirk before letting me go.

I quickly walk back to camp and take a seat next to fox, with murphy on my other side.

"Have a good time?" Fox asks with a smirk

"What?" I ask confused

She points to a purple mark on my neck and my whole face turns red.

"So who gave it to you?" she asks but I just shyly turn away

"Let me guess..It was a Blake" Murphy says joining the conversation

I nod

"Ooh which one?" Fox asks excitedly

"I'm gonna have to put my bet on Octavia considering Bellamy was busy in the dropship with her" Murphy says pointing to a tall brunette who had just walked out of the drop ship looking dishevelled.

I nod again "Bellamy caught us" I say blushing again

"He must like you; I heard that he threatened every guy to stay away from Octavia" Fox explains

"I guess he forgot to tell the girls" Murphy says causing us all to chuckle

I guess just because he's Bellamys sidekick doesn't mean we can't be friends as well.

~

After spending the night laughing and joking with Murphy and Fox I awake in one of the makeshift tents that had been built.

"You and fox fell asleep by the campfire so we carried you here" Atom says from beside me

I look around to see that I'm in a tent with 6 other people, Fox, Murphy, Atom, Monroe, Miller and someone I didn't recognize, and were all cuddled next to each other so that there was enough room to fit everyone in the small tent.

"Thanks" I reply with a yawn

"Bellamys pretty mad at me, I was supposed to watch Octavia and instead she was off sucking face with you" he tells me

I start to blush again "sorry" I squeak out

"It's fine, just be careful okay Bellamy is really protective of her" he tells me before getting up and leaving the tent.

"Hi" Fox says giggling

"What's got you so giggly this early in the morning?" I ask her

"He looks cute when he sleeps" she says pointing to Murphy

"He's trouble, be careful" I warn her

"Now you sound like atom" she says, obviously having heard what he just told me.

~

All you could hear throughout the camp was jaspers screams of pain. Clarke, Wells and Finn had gone out looking for some medicine to help him but everyone was getting annoyed by his screams.

"Katherine" Bellamy calls walking over to me

"Call me Kat" I tell him

"Okay Kat, a group of us are going hunting do you want to come along?" he asks

"Why are you asking me to come?" I ask confused

He sighs annoyingly "do you want to come or not?" he answers ignoring my questions

I hesitantly nod

"Alright well come on were leaving now" he says gesturing for me to follow him

There were a small handful of us going, me being the only girl.

"How did you get roped into this?" Atom whispers to me as we all walk through the forest looking for something to kill.

"Bellamy asked me too" I whispered back

He raises his eyebrow at me and I just shrug.

We start to creep up on a small boar but one of the guy's steps on a twig causing it to start to run and Bellamy to throw his axe. It lands in a nearby tree right next to a small girls head.

"Get it" Bellamy yells causing everyone but me, him and atom to run after the boar.

"Why aren't you at camp?" Bellamy asks the girl

"I couldn't deal with the screaming" she tells him

"It's not safe out here for a little girl" Atom tells her

"I'm not little" she says stubbornly

"Fine but if you're going to hunt you'll need a weapon" Bellamy says pulling a knife from his belt and handing it to her.

~

After an unsuccessful day of hunting the group of us are all heading back to camp when we hear a loud horn sound and a cloud of yellow fog starts blowing towards us.

"Run" Bellamy yells

We all take off in a panic as the fog starts to get closer.

"There's caves this way" he yells when we realize were too far away from camp

I stumbled over a rock but Bellamy catches my arm and pulls me into a cave charlotte running in behind us.

I get a bit of fog in my lungs and it burns like poison

"Katherine" I hear Atom scream from outside as the fog takes over

I lunge forward but Bellamy pulls me back

"You'll die if you go out there" He tells me

"But Atom" I whimper at his harsh grip

"He'll be fine" Bellamy assures me loosening his grip "now are you going to sit down and wait it out in here or am I going to have to hold onto you to keep you from committing suicide out there.

I push him away from me and go sit next to charlotte on the cold cave floor.

~

"Wakey wakey" Bellamy says shaking me awake the next morning.

I groan and rise from the hard floor.

Charlotte, Bellamy and I walk out of the cave.

He calls out for the others and everyone comes running towards us.

"Where's atom?" I ask frantically

"We thought he was with you" one of them replies

"Alright everyone split up let's find him." Bellamy says but before anyone can move we hear a scream. I go running towards it when I notice charlotte was gone.

I soon find her standing over a blistered, bloody body.

"Atom" I mutter running over and crouching down next to him to see hee's still breathing.

The rest of the group catches up and when Bellamy sees what has happened he commands for everyone to go back to camp.

He comes and kneels next to me as I hover over Atoms close to lifeless body.

"Kill...me..." Atom croaks out

Bellamy holds up a knife but can't bring himself to do it.

I take it from his hand and stroke Atoms hair slowly.

"May we meet again" I whisper before sticking the knife in Atoms neck.

He sputters out one last breath before he closes his eyes and drifts into death.

I shakily drop the knife and stand up.

"I'll get a few guys to come collect his body" Bellamy tells me, standing up as well

I nod and walk back to camp.

When Octavia sees me she comes running over.

"Thank god you're okay, where's my brother?" she asks

"He's on his way back" I choke out, trying to hold back tears

"What's wrong?" she asks confused

"Atom... He...he's dead" I say before bursting into tears

She pulls me into a hug and squeezes me tight.

"shh..shh, It's going to be okay" she coos whiles stroking my hair.

20 minutes later A few guys have carried Atoms body back to camp and Wells volunteered to bury him with the other two bodies of the boys who died during landing.

Bellamy lashed out at Murphy when he called Octavia psycho, Apparently Murphy tried to kill Jasper but thankfully Octavia and Monty stopped him.

I don't think I could have handled another death today.

But I have a feeling Atoms death won't be the last.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.6K 3.1K 73
[ THIS IS UNDER MAJOR CONSTRUCTION !! ] "Would you stop romanticizing this?" "Why? We're going to die anyways."
71.8K 2.5K 65
When Octavia is sent to live in a girls home, she meets Raven. The girls don't exactly get along after their past... but you'll find out about that l...
223K 5.3K 30
"Alive; living, not dead„ She only needed a little spark of happiness just to keep breathing, and a little bit of love just to keep her humanity. Fir...
1.2K 47 32
They've just saved themselves from the City of Light. Just to find out the world's going to end...again. Now it's up the Kegan and his friends to sav...