Summoning Japan: Flights of t...

By KageNishi

That day, iron and blood rained down on the Folk Strait... This is a fanfiction of Minorou-sensei's "Summonin... More

Part 1: Strait of Iron and Blood | Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - Pearl Harbor in Another World
Chapter 3 - Border Sea
Chapter 4 - A Spinning World
Chapter 5 - Operation Saiyuki In Effect
Chapter 6 - Pearl Harbor Interception
Chapter 7 - Glory and Setbacks of the Gra Valkas Empire Naval Air Force
Chapter 8 - Common Sense and Uncommon Sense
Chapter 9 - Grade Atlastar Ablaze
Chapter 10 - A Fleet of Patchworks
Chapter 11 - The Injured Overlord and the Watchdogs
Chapter 12 - A Man's Flowery Road
Chapter 13 - Hybrid Front
Chapter 14 - The Hyūga Gets Hit
Chapter 15 - All Weapons Free
Chapter 16 - Strait of Iron and Blood
Final Chapter - Japanese Celgaia
Extra Chapter - ASM-2X Development Secrets
Part 2: Civilization in the Wake of War | Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - The Dolphins That Crossed the Sea
Chapter 3 - The Birth of Yamut
Chapter 4 - Aluminum Storm
Chapter 5 - Dancing Meetings and People
Chapter 6 - Naguano's Adventure
Chapter 7 - The Depressing Party
Chapter 8 - Creeping Ones
Chapter 9 - Each of the Four Is Different
Chapter 10 - Second Battle of the Folk Strait
Chapter 11 - Geopolitical Recommendations
Chapter 12 - The Superpower's Pride
Chapter 13 - Japan's Confession
Chapter 14 - Dragon Carrier Izumo
Chapter 15 - Leiforia, Nightmare Again
Chapter 16 - Fall of Valkyries
Chapter 17 - 1:48
Chapter 18 - Shaking Bridge
Chapter 19 - The Witching Hour
Chapter 21 - Eve of the Storm
Chapter 22 - Ancient Weapon Pal Chimera's Fierce Might
Chapter 23 - Footsteps of Ruin
Chapter 24 - Air Raid on Ragna
Chapter 25 - The Enemy Overhead
Final Chapter - Political Turn
Part 3: Irnetia Crisis | Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - Operation Ragnarök
Chapter 3 - Misplaced Buttons
Chapter 4 - Shadow of the Pal Chimera
Chapter 5 - Battle of Irnetia
Chapter 6 - The Blue Rainbow of Death
Chapter 7 - Titan of the Dawn
Chapter 8 - Red Coast
Chapter 9 - Hymax
Chapter 10 - Out of Competition
Chapter 11 - The Lone Wolf Captain
Chapter 12 - The Lone Wolf and the Wolfpack
Chapter 13 - Excessive Interference
Chapter 14 - Magic Bulge
Chapter 15 - Stuck in Hell
Chapter 16 - Hell with a Chance of Silver Lining
Chapter 17 - Fire, Smoke, and Magic Bullets
Extra Chapter - The Secret Behind the Magic Bulge's Creation

Chapter 20 - Operation Super Hammer II

374 17 2
By KageNishi

A fruitless debate was unfolding in the Imperial Capital of Ragna.

"The primary responsibility for the Fall of Valkyries lies, of course, with the Army. However, the Navy is not without blame. It was the negligence of the Navy that allowed the combined fleet of the Holy Mirishial Empire and Japan to slip through."

Caesar listened to the Army Minister's speech in disgust. "That's about Leiforia, isn't it? It has nothing directly to do with Valkyries," he countered, but the Army Minister was having none of it.

"The airspace over Valkyries became vulnerable because Leiforia was bombed."

"Did the airspace over Leiforia become vulnerable because the Army carried out the air raid on Otaheit?"

Seeing the Army Minister getting indignant, Office of the Sovereign leader Kurtz cautioned him.

"You are in the presence of His Majesty."

The Army Minister couldn't find the next words and stuttered.

"Shame."

In response to Emperor Gra Lux's words, everyone bowed in reverence.

"The Navy Minister is being dismissed, and before we decide on a successor, the Army Minister's position will be vacant as well."

The Army Minister paled.

"Gaoggel who was actually in charge became an enemy prisoner, and his subordinates either became prisoners or died in battle. There is no one else responsible besides them. You may step down."

In disappointment, the former Army Minister left the room. It's unlikely that he will have the honor of an audience again.

Gra Lux instructed Kurtz with a melancholic tone. "Call Siegs. Appoint him as the acting Army Minister."

"As you wish."

Upon receiving the Emperor's command, Kurtz left the room. At the moment Kurtz left, Gra Lux asked Kaiser.

"Why did you miss the combined fleet?"

"Because the Japanese were there."

"Is Japan that frightening?"

"Yes. Their fleet is no match for our battleships, aircraft, or submarines."

"What about the land forces?"

"That is not my area of expertise, but I think it's obvious from the Fall of Valkyries."

"Hm."

Gra Lux leaned forward, adopting a posture of intense concentration.

"If we lose control of the seas, our country won't survive anyway."

"Military force is only an arm of diplomacy. It's advisable to seek a resolution through diplomacy."

"The Ministry of Foreign Affairs says that for negotiations to have an upper hand, we need a victory."

"That's an excuse. The nonsense of those who wasted the victory at the Folk Strait."

The Emperor's gaze sharpened. "Do you mean we can't defeat Japan no matter what?"

Caesar replied cautiously. "It depends on what you consider a victory. If you want to defeat Japan, you have to compete with numbers. Japan relies heavily on imports, mainly from the Principality of Qua-Toyne and the Kingdom of Quila on the Rodenius continent. The trade routes with these two countries are Japan's lifeline."

"Rodenius? As I recall, wasn't that outside the Third Civilization Area?"

"Exactly. Unless our Navy dominates not only the Second Civilization Area and the Central World but also the Third Civilization Area and its surroundings, we cannot defeat Japan."

"Do we need warships that can defeat the enemy's warships? It's a fundamental principle of a Navy."

As Kurtz returned, the Emperor returned to his original posture.

"Siegs will be here soon."

"Hm."

Siegs was immediately there literally. Literally, Siegs arrived immediately. As the Capital Defense Force commander, it was natural.

Siegs knelt before the Emperor.

"Your Majesty, I have come as summoned."

"You must know as well, the fall of Valkyries."

"Yes."

"The Army Minister has resigned in order to take responsibility. Until a formal replacement is decided, you are appointed as the acting minister."

"As you wish."

Gra Lux spoke to Kaiser and Siegs.

"Dismissed."

. . .

The two who left the Emperor's office walked side by side.

"Did you hear from Ramball?"

Kaiser initiated the conversation.

"Yes."

"I haven't heard your response yet."

"Busy."

Siegs was not using a roundabout expression. He had a habit of condensing most conversations into a few words. It might be better than a certain legendary Silent Admiral in some ways.

"If we seriously fight Japan, we'll definitely lose. We need to take action before it comes to that."

"I'm thinking."

When Siegs said that, he truly meant he was considering it.

"Decide sooner rather than later."

"Understood."

At that point, the two parted ways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After being towed to Otaheit Harbor, the La Kasami Kai docked at the shipyard of its builder, Rigliera Bissunds. However, the engineers at Rigliera were dumbfounded when they saw the ship. It was entirely different from the La Kasami-class they were familiar with. The chief engineer at the company, Ayen, was shown a screw diagram drawn in Japan and was left speechless.

"Are you asking us to build something according to this diagram?"

Minilar and Myrus nodded.

"The Navy's hope is for the La Kasami's swift return to the front lines. We have to receive repair parts for the damaged equipment from Japan, but if we can at least replace the damaged screws, it will be operational for the time being."

After hearing Myrus' explanation, Ayen looked at the faces of the two and the diagram back and forth.

"I understand the Navy's hope, but we can't make something identical to this."

"Why not?" Minilar asked. He didn't intend to be intimidating, but Ayen felt as if he were being pressured.

"Our machining equipment cannot produce a shape this complicated."

"It's just a screw propeller."

"Wait a moment."

Thinking that words alone wouldn't convey the message, Ayen pulled out the screw diagram for the La Kasami-class.

"This is the screw diagram for the La Kasami-class. Please compare."

The two peered into the diagram. Even to an amateur, it was evident that the La Kasami-class was significantly flatter.

"As you can see, we cannot produce a three-dimensional screw like this with our machining equipment."

"Is it absolutely impossible?"

Myrus persisted. Ayen was troubled.

"It's impossible with machining equipment, so we have to make it by hand. If we have to make two of this size, it will take at least a year."

Myrus and Minilar exchanged glances.

"I'll inquire with the Japanese," Myrus said and stood up.

Left alone, Minilar negotiated with Ayen, but his conclusion remained unchanged. After about an hour, Myrus returned.

"I talked to the Japanese. They said it would be impossible for us to make the same screw here in Mu."

Ayen thanked the Japanese contact, whose face he didn't even know.

"To make it able to navigate, the screw from the La Kasami-class might work, but they mentioned that cavitation noise, the noise produced by the screw, would increase, affecting the bow sonar."

Recalling throwing the towed sonar, Minilar regretted it.

"Can't we import Japanese machining equipment?"

To Ayen's question, Myrus shook his head.

"The machining equipment capable of making this screw is designated as a strategic material, and they refused to allow us to import them. However, we managed to secure a promise to export finished screws instead."

Unable to reach a conclusion on the spot, the two brought the issue back to the naval headquarters. It was quickly decided to substitute the La Kasami-class screw until the screws arrived from Japan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After about two weeks, Cielia returned to Leiforia. Following Operation Super Hammer, the city had been in a state of anarchy for almost ten days. This was due to the destruction of Leiforia's administrative institutions and military organizations. Seeing the chaotic streets, Cielia couldn't help but express her thoughts.

"This is terrible."

"The naval bombardment was severe, but the damage from the subsequent riots was even greater," the new head of the security forces mentioned.

"Was it really that bad?"

"Those who were previously considered dominant rulers suddenly became the ruled. It's not surprising that there would be dissatisfaction among these savages."

Perhaps dissatisfaction was not the only reason, Cielia thought, but she wisely chose not to voice it.

"You're lucky to be in Ragna. Many government officials became victims as well."

After that, the security head added quietly. "Beautiful woman like you would be the first to be assaulted. These barbarians are absolute animals."

Cielia was horrified.

Upon later confirmation, she found out that her superior, Gesta, and her subordinate, Dallas, had both died due to the naval bombardment and the riots. Cielia became the head of the Leiforia branch of the Foreign Ministry. When she learned about it, Cielia thought that Lady Luck could be so cruel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The final confirmation of Operation Super Hammer II was taking place before the Emperor in Runepolis.

Due to Kling's suicide and the achievements in Operation Super Hammer, Lettal Kauran, newly promoted to the commander of the Western Fleet, attended this meeting without being informed of anything.

"The Imperial Conference is now in session," the mediator announced. "The purpose of this meeting is to confirm and disseminate the outline of Operation Super Hammer II."

There was a slight commotion from the military side.

"It is understandable that everyone is confused."

When Emperor Mirishial VIII spoke, the commotion immediately ceased.

"This operation has been conducted in utmost secrecy. Even the three allied nations are not aware of the details. This is an operation that we will carry out alone."

After saying so, Milisial VIII glanced at Hirkane Parpe, drawing everyone's attention to him.

"Now, allow me to explain."

In response to the glances, Hirkane began the explanation.

"Operation Super Hammer II will be carried out by the Ministry of Countermeasures Against the Sorcerous Empire."

Many present here only knew about the Pal Chimera as a rumor, if at all. Therefore, there was a sense of disbelief.

"We will deploy five airborne battleships Pal Chimera in this operation."

The meeting hall became quite noisy as one would expect.

"Please remain silent."

When the mediator intervened, the noise subsided.

"The objective of this operation is an assault on the Gra Valkas Empire's mainland. The goal is to teach them that there is no longer a safe place for them and to crush their will to fight."

Again, a stir began. Somewhat ironically, the position of the Gra Valkas Empire's mainland had been treated as a top secret within the Holy Mirishial Empire.

"Due to Japan's Mystar, the position of the Gra Valkas Empire's mainland has already been identified."

A map was displayed on the prominent wall display in the meeting room. Among the military personnel (including Lettal), murmurs of admiration leaked out.

"These are the invasion routes of the five."

Arrows indicating routes were overlaid on the map. Emperor Mirishial VIII asked a question upon seeing this.

"Is only one ship going to the Gra Valkas mainland?"

"Yes, Your Majesty. There is a limitation on the stockpile of high-purity liquid magic stones for fuel. Therefore, the four ships can only be sent as far as the Second Civilization Area."

"Hmm. There's no point in lamenting what we don't have. Which targets will the remaining four ships aim for?"

"Three ships will sweep the enemy small fleet believed to be heading for the Central World."

"Oh, you can accurately locate the enemy fleet?"

"Japan is monitoring it using the Mystar."

"And the remaining one ship, will it be sent not to the continent but to an island?"

"We've already hit Leifor with Operation Super Hammer, and repeating the same thing would have a limited psychological effect."

"That island, Irnetia, why did you choose it?"

"The Japanese government wants us to hit it if possible."

Is Japan considering a landing operation on Irnetia Island? Many military personnel, including Lettal, suspected this.

"Then, where in the Gra Valkas Empire's mainland are you going to strike?"

Everyone present became tense.

"Unfortunately, there is a limit to the Pal Chimera's range, and we can only hit one city. The name of that city is Ragna, the capital of the Gra Valkas Empire."

Cielia was wrong. Lady Luck was not only cruel but also ruthless.

"I think we've understood the general idea. Any questions?"

After the Emperor said this, a mountain of questions was raised from the military side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

563K 8.6K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
413K 24.9K 84
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
457K 31.2K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
145K 5.1K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...