LATIBULE - F.WEASLEY

Autorstwa EstellaNovella

In which Fred Weasley has seen many things but when he pulls a prank at night and gets a metal pole to the he... Więcej

CAST
Playlist
PART I
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
PART II
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37

14

580 12 1
Autorstwa EstellaNovella

Maggie sighs as she flips through the pages of Slinkhard's book on Defensive Magical Theory. The contents of the book were clearly designed for beginners of the subject rather than N.E.W.T level students.

"She can't be serious," Maggie shakes her head. "This book is more useful to us as kindling for a fire"

"You've read the book?"

"When I was a child," Maggie says. "It's a waste of time reading it"

"Well that's music to my ears," Fred grins. "A course where books have become useless"

"Proper books are useful," Maggie corrects him. "Not this beginner's guide"

"We can have a cigarette after this lesson," Fred says. "Free period remember?"

"I have a feeling we're going to need it,"

The classroom falls silent when the clicking of heels fills the classroom. All eyes turn to face the pink clad woman who flicks her wand, causing the chalk to begin writing on the board.

Nastily
Exhausting
Wizarding
Tests

"Good morning class," Umbridge says, staring out at the students. "I said good morning class"

"Good morning," The students mumble back.

"As you all know, this year is the year of your N.E.W.Ts," The woman says. "Educational specialists in the Ministry have provided me with an advanced, theory-based curriculum which is sure to serve you well for your exams"

"What about the practical portion?" Lee asks.

"Hands are to be raised in my class,"

Umbridge watches as almost all of the students in the room raise their hands, all of their face unimpressed by what she was saying.

"Yes, Mr-"

"Lee Jordan," Lee says. "So what you're saying is we won't be learning to use magic?"

"You'll be learning how to do it through theory, Mr Jordan,"

"So if this is advanced theory," Maggie lifts the book for emphasis. "Why do all of the lower years have the same book as their required textbook for the year? Surely this can't be helpful for N.E.W.Ts"

"Miss Crouch" Umbridge forces a smile on her face. "This curriculum has been scrutinised and planned by the top educational team in the Ministry"

"But the Department of Education must work with the staff to create a curriculum, not create one for their own agenda," Maggie says.

"Did you say agenda, Miss Crouch?"

"It's McKinnon," Maggie says. "Maggie McKinnon"

"That's not what it says on my register for the class," Umbridge replies.

"Right because you've always stuck right to the book haven't you?"

All eyes were watching the interaction as if it was a tennis match, flicking between the Professor and the student.

"I don't know what you think you are implying Miss Crouch-"

"She told you it was McKinnon," Fred says. "Not Crouch"

"Be quiet Mr Weasley!"

"Alright, no need to be rude," Fred grumbles as Umbridge turns her attention back to Maggie.

"Miss Crouch, I don't believe you quite understand, the Department of Magical Education did work with the staff of Hogwarts to create this curriculum for the academic year,"

"So that's why only defence against the dark arts is theoretical?" Maggie asks.

"Why on earth would you need to use practical magic?"

"To make sure we can defend ourselves?" Maggie shrugs.

"From what?"

"Murderers, any form of potential attackers, oh and Voldemort and his death eaters," Maggie says, hearing the sharp intakes of breath.

"So you are still telling those lies Miss Crouch, the hallucinations-"

"So when I spoke to Amelia Bones under veritaserum, that just doesn't count?"

"Those tapes got tampered with and damaged,"

"How about we use a pensieve?" Maggie asks. "Can't fake a memory"

"Miss Crouch, you forget your place," The pink-clad woman sneers. "Your family name has no influence anymore"

"But I do," Maggie grins at the woman. "Just one letter to the right person and you're out of here"

"Detention Miss Crouch, my office tonight, before the feast"

"Can't you assign me to another professor?"

"No,"

"Fantastic," Maggie rolls her eyes. "Can this day get any fucking worse?"

"Now class, start reading chapter one of the book," Umbridge watches as all of her students begin to read the book. "Miss Crouch? Are you illiterate?"

"No, I read this book when I was eight years old," Maggie shrugs. "It's for a basic foundation of knowledge, not a N.E.W.T level foundation"

"So tell me what Slinkhard said about counter-jinxes in chapter fifteen, Miss Crouch,"

"Slinkhard says that counter-jinxes were not named properly, because he believed that "counter-jinx" was a term simply used to make jinxes seem more acceptable," Maggie says, her voice laced with boredom. "The only spells Slinkhard approves of are the Patronus charm against dementors and lethifold because there is no other protection against them and Protego. Try and ask me something that will make me engage my brain, Professor"

Umbridge's eyes narrow as Maggie answers her question flawlessly. The defiance in Maggie's tone doesn't sit well with the pink-clad professor.

"Very well, Miss Crouch," Umbridge says, her voice saccharine sweet. "Tell me about non-violent conflict resolution"

"If it were a knife fight it would work but in a world of magic, it's going to be your cause of death," Maggie shrugs. "Dark witches and wizards aren't going to listen to a moving speech about pacifism"

Umbridge's eyes narrow further, clearly displeased with Maggie's response.

"I believe, Miss Crouch, that a proper education includes principles of peace and diplomacy," Umbridge retorts. "The Ministry values witches and wizards who understand the importance of non-violent conflict resolution. Perhaps your experiences have clouded your judgment, but we are here to instill values that contribute to a harmonious magical society."

Maggie smirks, undeterred by Umbridge's attempt to put her in her place.

"Professor, in the real world, sometimes you need more than principles and diplomacy," Maggie says, her voice carrying a hint of sarcasm. "There's a reason we have duelling spells, both defensive and offensive, and it's not to engage in friendly debates with Dark wizards. But by all means, let's continue discussing hypothetical situations where we resolve conflicts through persuasive arguments while facing the Unforgivable Curses. I'm sure that'll work out splendidly."

Umbridge's face tightens with irritation, but she maintains a facade of composed authority.

"Miss Crouch, it's clear that your perspectives are deeply entrenched in a confrontational mindset," Umbridge says, her voice sugary sweet. "But in this classroom, we shall focus on the Ministry-approved curriculum, which includes the valuable teachings of non-violent conflict resolution. Now, please turn to chapter one and follow along with the rest of the class."

Maggie rolls her eyes but complies, flipping the pages of the seemingly inadequate book with an audible sigh. As Umbridge continues with her lecture on non-violent strategies, Maggie exchanges exasperated glances with Fred.

"Could this get any more absurd?"

"Just focus on the cigarette," Fred whispers to her. "Only half an hour to go"

"Thank Merlin,"

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

3.4K 102 49
Choosing between mother and father had never been on Circini's mind, but when the truth threatens to spill over she is torn between not only family...
3.3K 88 14
Harry and Draco become friends.. but Harry starts thinking about Draco at the wrong time
118K 2.7K 86
{WARNING 18+} - Female OC X Fred Weasley & Draco Malfoy "How is it Pierce, that one person can obtain all the beauty in the world?" {Fred Weasley & D...
80.6K 3.5K 52
"you drew stars around my scars" in which cassiopeia coldwell and ron weasley are star-crossed lovers enemies to lovers ron weasley x oc! gob-dh2