The Dilemma: A Story Of Love...

By authornova04

An arranged marriage isn't something everyone wants. It's a big chance that not everyone would take. Will thi... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
※CHARACTER AESTHETIC※
DEDICATION
1. Escape
2. An Unexpected Arrangement
3. Raise your gaze, woman
4. Scary?
5. Shadows of past
6. Unworthy?
7. Lost
8. Tulips
9. Wedlock
10. Her Birthday
11. Stubborn
12. Wedding Night
13. Lipstick Mark
14. Hidden Meanings
15. Disappeared
16. Heartbreak
17. Brown-Like Coffee
18. First Kiss
19. I hate liars, Mi casa
20. Love?
21. Tit For Tat
22. Possessive
23. You're Mine
24. Red Like Wine
25. Torrents Of Bliss
26. Euphoria
27. Hide And Seek
29. Filthy Mouth
30. Chef Oberoi
NEW BOOK!!!
Chit Chat
31. Rage
32. Bounded
33. Road Trip
34. Rare Gem
35. History Unflods
36. Under The Influence
Sensual Bonus Chapter
37. A Rose
38. Tempting
39. My Strength
40. Cute

28. He Is Angry

16.7K 1.6K 234
By authornova04

Hello, Butterflies!

phela hi I'm very sorry for the upcoming Nashedi dialogues aur not so good chapter ke liya! 🥲

aur comment target bhi pura krna!!

 abhse update dono vote aur comment target poora hona pr hi ayega!

Aur follow kro mujhe mein dekhti hu kitna logo ne follow Kiya h 💌

The next chapter's synopsis is at the end.

Make my day by Voting and commenting!❤️

1.05+ votes, 150+ comments :)

♪In Dino

KARTIKEYA'S POV

"They all are antique pieces," the dealer gestured to the carved sculptures adorning the corner of the hall.

I nodded, taking in the grandeur of the huge hall, which featured a long bench with pillows underneath three framed paintings. The room boasted an ornate rug, a dazzling chandelier, and a carpeted floor. An archway led to a hallway with a closed door.

Turning to the dealer, I inquired about the price of the mansion. He bowed gracefully and swiftly calculated in his mind.

"25.5 crore, sir," he said. I nodded and walked towards the open balcony, with the dealer following closely.

The balcony offered a breathtaking view—a sight of pink-sculpted pillars with arches adorned with flowers. The pillars framed a scene of lush greenery, surrounded by trees and bushes. Beyond, a vast tulip field spread out before me. I wondered, is it even possible to grow tulips here?

As I stood there, the mansion loomed behind me—a masterpiece of architecture. The balcony, an extension of luxury, provided a serene escape. The detailing on the banister, the carefully arranged potted plants, and the gentle rustle of leaves created an atmosphere of peacefulness.

The mansion, an embodiment of luxury, embraced the allure of nature. The intertwining of sculpted elegance and natural beauty formed a pleasant blend, making the balcony a haven within the vast estate.

"This climate is suitable for tulips?" I placed both palms on the marble banister, gazing at the vibrant tulip field and the diverse array of flowers that adorned the landscape.

"Only from December to March, sometimes extending till April, can tulips be grown here. We have a dedicated gardener for the care of the garden." The dealer's voice reached my ears.

I remained focused on the picturesque scene, captivated by the myriad colors and forms of the blossoms. The air carried the sweet scent of blooming flowers, and the gentle breeze rustled the leaves of the surrounding trees.

"Where are the papers?" I asked, still fixated on the natural beauty around me.

My attention was on the sparrows perched on the branches of the tree to my right. One of them was delicately pulling a dry petiole of a leaf.

"Property papers?" the dealer inquired.

Ignoring him momentarily, I retrieved my phone, opened the camera, and captured some pictures of the view. Tulips adorned the scene, reminding me of her fondness for them. Her maternal room boasted many pictures of tulips, and even her profile picture featured one. She cherished the flowers I gave her, preserving them with care.

I will gift it to her when this mansion is renovated.

"Of course, property papers," I replied, turning to face him with a forced smile.

"I was just asking. Do you really want to buy this in one visit?" The dealer bowed a little. I signaled to my assistant, who was standing at the end of the hall. He walked over to me promptly.

"I prefer not to spend my time repeatedly observing the same thing," I replied. Raj, my assistant, pulled the check out of his pocket and handed it to me.

"This is very generous of you," the dealer began with his flattery. I smirked and signed the cheque, pushing it towards his side.

"This is for the renovation; I will give the money directly to the owner," I stated.

He nodded, took the cheque, and stuffed it into his bag. He then pulled out the property papers, and I signed them without hesitation.

My whole day was spent in my office, poring over property files and grappling with the tension of the pending land issue.

Just one more year and the entire piece of land would be in Dhilion's hands. What had I been thinking? I married for the heir, and now I was halfway into pulling my wife from her bad memories and being a part of her life. 

But what about this land? It was home to thousands of families, and because of my selfish desires, many would soon be homeless.

It had been days, and she was already so distant, barely speaking to me properly. Her words were limited, avoiding any long conversation. 

Someone once said, "Women are trouble." Their moods are unpredictable, and they can be damn confusing. Rightly said.

Didn't she agree to get intimate? My goodness, I hadn't even made a move, or else she'd hide her face for a damn year or more.

Shaking off her thoughts, I focused on driving. Today was later than usual, and after steering through light traffic, I finally parked the car on the porch. I hopped out, walked to the house, and swiped the card lock, ushering myself in.

My eyes raked through the house as I walked further, heading to the kitchen, but she wasn't there. She's always either here or in the living room until I arrive. My brows furrowed; the entire mansion was immersed in eerie silence. The floor-length glass wall curtains were open, but the door was closed.

A memory of Neil crossed my mind, and I turned to the spot where he used to stand, but he wasn't there either. A surge of panic gripped me.

"Anandita!" I yelled her name in a hurry, my heartbeat racing. Neil was one of my loyal men; he couldn't do anything to harm her.

I ran upstairs with long strides, pushing the door of our bedroom open. She wasn't there. I checked the bathroom and then ran to check the other rooms, but she was nowhere to be found. I pulled my phone out, raking a hand over my hair in tension.

Dialing her number, it rang continuously, but she didn't pick it up. My brows scrunched as the soft ringing sound filled my ears. The sound was coming from the kitchen. I ran again, and I found her phone near the stove. She was so careless.

This time, I dialed Neil's number. After a few rings, he picked up the phone. I breathed a sigh of relief and yelled, "Where the hell are both of you?"

He fell silent for some seconds, probably rubbing his ear from my yelling, "Backyard."

"Backyard?" I said, with the phone still in hand, and ran to the backyard, sliding the door open. I found her filling the empty swimming pool, and Neil was standing near the deck chairs, his gaze lifting to meet mine.

My fingers clenched around the phone. Neil walked to me, bowing a little, and then left us alone. I was angry and paralyzed by my surroundings. Anandita felt Neil walking away; she turned back, and her gaze fell on me. She passed me her softest smile.

Tongue-tied, I gazed at the pool, steadily filling, with her standing nearby. My breath hovered on the brink of becoming uneven, and my heart raced. My eyes wandered, searching for a table with neatly arranged plates, a lamp in between.

What was she trying to accomplish? I had the urge to pull her away, but my feet seemed reluctant to move beyond the threshold. Perhaps she noticed my subtle expression and abandoned the water pipe before shutting it off. 

She walked towards me, her hair cascading down, the strands catching the soft sunlight. She wore a spaghetti strap dress that accentuated every curve, a tempting sight that made me swallow hard. She smiled at me, but I couldn't bring myself to return it.

I shifted my gaze behind her shoulder, and my heart sank. The pool was filled. She had done it without even consulting me, and a sense of frustration and anxiety settled over me.

"I cleaned it; it is looki..." She stopped in front of me. I held her arm and dragged her inside before closing the door. I heard her calling my name gently, and I exhaled a long breath.

"What happened?" she asked. I pushed her into the middle of the hall; her body jerked. I was about to hold her wrist again, but she steadied herself in time and turned to me, her face confronting fear and a little anger.

"What are you trying to do?" I yelled. She flinched and looked up at me. I tried not to yell, but my voice came out forcefully. I exhaled in frustration, ruffling my hair, and turned to face the left side.

"Did I give you damn permission to open the backdoor? Did you see anyone going there?" I turned to her and stepped in near her. She didn't pull back, and she shook her head.

"You don't have to go and try to fill the fu... pool?" I lifted her chin, and she jerked from my hold. I gritted my teeth, angry at her and myself too.

"I just wanted to surprise you..." she stuttered, and her words trailed off with an inaudible sob.

"I don't like you going there."

Only I knew how I managed to stop myself from freaking out in that moment. I gulped, feeling the tension building inside me, and traced my temples in irritation. With a heavy sigh, I rubbed my palm over my face, trying to calm my racing thoughts. The urge to flee from the situation grew stronger, but something held me back, anchoring me in place.

"Did you wear this for the evening?" I asked, and she nodded.

"I'm S-," I was about to say, but she pushed me lightly, breaking our hug and taking her warmth away. She wiped her tears and looked up with watery eyes.

"I should have asked you to use your place and your things."

She immediately passed by me and started to walk in the direction of the stairs, her eyes reflecting hurt, damn it, Kartikeya. I sighed, turned, and took three long steps to stand in front of her, blocking her way.

She looked up at me with her beautiful brown eyes, filled with a hint of pain. I didn't want her to be hurt. I grabbed her wrist, pulling her closer and pressing our bodies together. She didn't resist. I looked down at her, scowling. "All of this is yours too. You're taking my words in the wrong way."

"Okay, now let me go." She twisted her arm from my hold. She was stubborn, maybe turning even more stubborn. At least, I had a place in her life where she freely showed her hurt and stubbornness.

"I'm really sorry, Anandita." I didn't know what else to say. I couldn't tell her the reason, making the situation easier when all I wanted was to close myself off for a while in the darkness.

"Yeah, I get it. You're sorry that you started yelling without reason." She breathed heavily, and I was too busy to look at the rise and fall of her chest. I wanted to push away those inappropriate thoughts, resist the urge to undress her, and forget about those desires. This was not the time for such imaginations, especially after being on the verge of fainting and maybe crying just minutes ago.

"Leave me," she said. I cleared my throat and looked up at her, even though blood rushed directly to my... well, this is not the moment.

"I didn't mean to hurt you," I said. She calmed herself down and tucked her strands of hair back. Her dusky skin turned red from crying.

I traced one palm to her waist and the other to her shoulder blade, taking her in my arms. She shrieked lightly and held onto my neck. I walked to the kitchen; she looked surprised, and finally, I placed her on the counter.

Turning to the refrigerator, I pulled a chilled water bottle and poured it into a glass from the countertop. I felt her gaze following my movements.

Turning, I pushed the glass towards her, and she took it, gulping down a little. I took the glass and chugged the whole thing. My heart was still thumping, but now it wasn't on the verge of losing control with fear. Still, my eyes kept raking over her body.

"But I'm angry," in real, I'm angry, and God knows what stopped me from acting impulsively.

"For no reason. But... I'm angry for a reason," she continued, glaring at me. Her cheeks were red due to anger, and perhaps she noticed my gaze wandering over her body. I needed to control myself.

"What do you do in anger?" I asked, my fingers going to open my shirt collar button as I still felt my breath heavy and cold-blooded inside my body but hotness under my pants.

"Yell, maybe if the situation is the worst, or cry," she said, her eyes fixed on my neck. My lip twisted up.

"And you?" She looked up, shaking her head.

"I... I..." What do I do in anger? "Yell, just like I just did. I didn't mean to hurt you," I lied about the just yelling thing.

"Please grant me your apology, wifey?" I said and stepped a little closer to her, her cheeks turning a rosy hue, glowing in the dim light too. Is she aware of how beautiful she is?

"Only for once, but don't ever yell at me like this," she pointed her finger at me. "And don't even pull me harshly like you did; I don't want you to be like one of the men I had in my life."

Shit, I don't even want her to think of me as her father or any bastard she bumped into in her life. I'm not like any one of them. Nor will I treat her like this again; I was scared, nothing else. "I will not, I don't know what the heck got into me," I told her.

"You cleaned the backyard today itself?" I asked.

"With Neil. He helped me," she corrected. I nodded.

"You don't have to do this,"

"The whole house looks beautiful; the backyard looked barren with no care," she asked.

"Let it be. It's the backyard. No one wants to see it, whether it looks barren or abundant." I parted her legs; she looked at me now with nervousness.

"I'm not cleaning it to look beautiful for others; I was doing it for ourselves, making our spot to enjoy the evening in the backyard," she pushed herself against the counter.

"We will enjoy in our garden," I said, patting her thigh and trailing my palm up to her back. She arched her back, and our fronts touched. Her eyes were still glossy, but even more beautiful.

"I already cleaned..." I kissed the corner of her lip, and she sucked in a breath.

"Even filled the pool." I put my mouth on hers, her chest heaving up and down as she opened her mouth for me to take her.

I appreciated her efforts, and I'm happy she thought about us and did the decorations for me. Unfortunately, I didn't even get the chance to properly admire the decorations; I was too scared to look anywhere at that time.

While I value and acknowledge her hard work to make our evening beautiful, I can't bring myself to walk back into the backyard and look at the decorations. I intend to make it up to her as an apology someday.

I couldn't explain to her the reasons behind my behavior. It wasn't something I could immediately stop or control. I tried, I truly did, but in the end, I succumbed to my impulses and behaved in a way that I didn't want to. Above all, I didn't want to hurt her in any way.

Her palms moved to my shoulder blades, clutching my shirt and tracing my skin. I felt a rising erection in my pants, and I pushed myself further to feel her.

She gasped, looking down, probably feeling my hardness against her core. She gasped in my mouth, still moving her lips. 

Fuck, she was so hot, so responsive. 

I grabbed her waist, pulling her closer, my other hand tangled in her hair. I sucked her lips and tongue, leaving her mouth after a few minutes. My lips, devoid of sense, moved to her throat, kissing her skin. 

My fingers traced to her shoulder, yearning to push down her dress strap. Her breath hitched as my fingers worked on the strap, gradually revealing more of her soft skin.

I was not a fan of physical intimacy and didn't have much desire to share a bed with anyone. But, when Anandita expressed her desire for my touch, a dormant feeling awakened within me. I realized I didn't hate the idea of continuous touching; in fact, I wanted to touch her and be touched by her. Only.

The next chapter is uploaded on Scrollstack. Link in bio; you have to pay for the chapter.

"Put a filter on your mouth, Kartik," I said firmly.

He cupped my thigh, causing my lips to part as I looked down at his hands on my skin. He kissed my palm, and in my nervousness, I jerked my hand back. He smiled.

"What's this Mi, casa? You want my actions filthy but mouth-filtered," he smirked, and I glared at him, feeling the blood rush to my cheeks. His thumb pressed on my inner thigh, and I felt nervous as hell.

~

Vote aur comment kr diya?

Stay happy and healthy.

Thank you ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.2K 4.7K 68
They say; •~Indeed, their is light at the end of every tunnel~• Read and find out how a lady who is so much against arranged marriages finds herself...
258K 15.2K 28
Speaking of Arranged Marriage people often think it doesn't work! Tons questions obviously arise :- How can two strangers spend their rest of lives...
1.6M 37.4K 58
Eliana had it all: great parent, amazing friends and the summer of her dreams, but what happens when she finds out that her dad set up an arranged ma...
228K 12.2K 50
"I don't want to become a mother." This line is a taboo for women in some parts of the world, and so was for Khusi Mukherjee. At the age of 25, inde...