ARRANGED | SVT | Jeongcheol

By Jeonghanneyonghaseyo

Seungcheol knew Jeonghan, a bit very well. It was a high school rivalry that never ended. It was dragged so b... More

PROLOGUE AND CHARACTERS
1 - 7 PM
2 - Strangers
3 - We Don't Talk Anymore
4 - Strawberries and Cigarettes
5 - I Wish
6 - Sorry
7 - Ash
8 - Eyes Off You
9 - Renegade X I Was Never There
10 - Black Eye
11 - Don't Go Yet
12 - Network Love
13 - Fast Pace
14 - Bittersweet
15 - Double Take
16 - Shivers
18 - Once Again
19 - Perfect
20 - Side By Side
21 - Dynasty
22 - Crazy In Love
23 - Dangerously
24 - Collide [M]
25 - Infinity
26 - Don't Wanna Cry
27 - The Boy Is Mine (Double Update 1/2)
28 - To You (Double Update 2/2)
29 - Light A Flame
30 - Stupid In Love
31 - Under The Influence
32 - Lover
33 - Yad [M]
34 - Flower
35 - Rock With You
Epilogue - Darl+ing

17 - Ah! Love

2.2K 135 223
By Jeonghanneyonghaseyo

•Room 1004, Hotel Diamond Stay•

Jeonghan stepped into his room and instantly laid down on the bed. He enjoyed the last night of the concert a lot but after coming out of the arena, he realised how tired he actually was.

After a while, he went towards the window. He slid the curtains a bit to look at the beautiful night view of the street. A small walk around the area sounded tempting to him but he wasn't up for going alone.

And asking Seungcheol was even harder. Yeah it was true that the older had officially declared that there were no grudges between them anymore but that doesn't mean they became close all of a sudden. Yes they even loved to tease each other but when it came to becoming serious, that was a different story. Their "friendship" was still awkward and marriage was something much closer to a facade.

It was when the door clicked open and Seungcheol peeked in, "Jeonghan?"

"Yeah?" He turned around to witness the older, half leaning against the door.

"Are you going to sleep now?"

"I think so."

"If you're interested, would you like to take a walk around the streets?" Seungcheol asked, "I think the view is really pleasing."

"Right?" Jeonghan stood up immediately, "Let's go!"

Seungcheol chuckled, "Seems like you already wanted to go out."

"To be honest" Jeonghan walked out along with the older, "I did."

"So why didn't you go by yourself?"

"I was being lazy to go alone."

"So you could have asked me." Seungcheol looked at the younger, "I get it, you're still very hesitant with me."

"I mean- it's natural." Jeonghan pursed his lips, "But I think I'll get comfortable with you very easily."

"Oh is it so?" Seungcheol grinned as both of them walked through the twinkling street with a soft breeze grazing on their faces, "This proves I'm a good person."

"You are." Jeonghan nodded with a smile, "It has been a while since I've walked like this without any thoughts crowding my mind. Look, it seems like they're your fans."

"Don't worry, my fans are respectful." Seungcheol assured, "They won't bother us."

"You can't generalize this statement though." Jeonghan retorted.

"Yeah I know and it's true that not everyone is like that." Seungcheol agreed, "But when I say that you don't have to worry, then don't."

It was when Jeonghan noticed that a few bodyguards were walking around them but at a considerable distance from them. They were providing them security as well as personal space, "Oh I get it."

"The view is beautiful, isn't it?" Seungcheol smoothly slipped his hand to intertwin it with the younger's hand.

Jeonghan chuckled to himself as he felt something within his chest, "It is."

I'm ready for you
My heart is ready
I never cared for what anyone said
Check if it's a lie to say it was love at first sight

"Like just imagine, when will you get to walk on these streets with a handsome man like me?" Seungcheol teased.

"Oh handsome?" Jeonghan raised a brow.

"Or you probably prefer me shirtless, right?"

"Seungcheol?!!" Jeonghan slapped the older's arms gently, "I was just joking at that time."

"Too bad, I can't remove my shirt here." Seungcheol acted sulky, "We can go back in the room if you want."

"I swear I'll beat the shit out of you." Jeonghan scoffed, "It was just a slip of tongue."

"I know I know." Seungcheol laughed, "I just love the rare sight of you being flustered."

"Not a good sign." Jeonghan rolled his eyes.

Seungcheol squinted his eyes, "Is that an ice-cream stall?"

"Where?" Jeonghan looked in the same direction, "Oh it is."

"Then let's go!!" Seungcheol practically dragged him along with him.

"Which one do you want?" Seungcheol asked.

"Cookies and cream." Jeonghan answered.

"Okay." Seungcheol nodded, "One cookies and cream, one oreo."

"Here you go, young man." The cheerful shop owner handed him the dessert after which Seungcheol payed him the desired amount.

"Here." Seungcheol held a spoonful of ice cream from his own cup against the younger's mouth, "Try mine too."

"Oh thank you!" Jeonghan gladly accepted it after which he noticed that Seungcheol ate from the same spoon without any hesitation. He just smiled as he felt a bit giddy from the inside and he couldn't understand why.

Do you worry about me every morning?
Firework launched in the middle of the sea
My heart is exploding, it feels like my heart, any day, any place

"Yours look good too." Seungcheol took a bite from Jeonghan's ice cream, "Oh it's definitely deli- Jeonghan? What happened?"

"Uh what?"

"Why were you staring at me like that?" Seungcheol looked at the younger one keenly, "Oh wait- I didn't ask you before taking a bite, sorry-"

"No it's fine, it's fine." Jeonghan assured, "I was just thinking about something."

"You can tell me if something's bothering you." Seungcheol continued to walk.

"You changed drastically after our last argument." Jeonghan stated, "It's so sudden that it's hard for me to figure out if you're just covering up your actual feelings because you feel pity on me."

"What are you even talking about Jeonghan?" Seungcheol genuinely asked, "Why would I pity you?"

"No like, earlier we used to fight a lot because of course you hated me or something. Then I tried to make it up for my mistake once again but we used to get into an argument every now and then." Jeonghan explained, "But after our last argument, over your schedule, you even warned me to stay away from you. But then, suddenly you were okay with fixing everything and being friends again."

"And?"

"That's why I think you're just covering up your true feelings because you feel bad for me." Jeonghan looked towards the road, "I honestly don't know whatever I did when I was drunk in my office and you brought me back. But I just hope I didn't do anything hurtful to you. If you still hate me, you can, you've the right to. I don't want you to forgive me just because you feel bad for me."

"Jeonghan, listen here." Seungcheol turned his gaze towards the younger, "Hate is really a strong word. I don't hate you, I never did. And about the drastic change you're talking about, it's because I'm probably tired of pretending to be someone I'm not."

"Pretending?"

"Yeah." Seungcheol nodded, "Of course I was mad at you but I never hated you. I was hurt and vulnerable which led to me being insecure about myself. I just feared that I might get hurt again if I open up to you once again."

"Seungcheol, I'm really so-"

Before Jeonghan could complete, Seungcheol put a spoonful of ice cream into his mouth to shut him up, "Let me complete. So yeah, my behaviour towards you was due to my own concerns. But now I've realised that moving on is also a thing. I shouldn't judge your present based on your past. I've seen you genuinely trying."

Let's become a relationship that can't be hidden
You are more to me and I'm more to you
This feeling that makes me want to know
Ah! Love you
Ah! Love me babe
I love you

Seungcheol patted his shoulder, "This is who I actually am. These are my true feelings. And since I've said this, let's forget the past and hail our new journey with a beautiful friendship."

Somehow the words, moving on and friendship irked Jeonghan. Why? He didn't have an answer for that. And according to him, it wasn't right. He should rather be happy that Seungcheol managed to take a step forward in his life.

But then again, what was that? Didn't he overhear Seungcheol saying that he still loved him during their very first night? Or he probably decided to get over him after that?

It was true, Jeonghan might have dated a few people in his life but he had never been in true love. The feeling which people around him used to admire and cherish, he had never got a taste of it.

So of course, he didn't realise that now, he definitely was in love.

Words that contain my rising heart
Ah! Love is you

If you look back, he had done a lot of things for Seungcheol which were against Yoon Jeonghan's pride. And being hurt by two simple words like moving on and friendship were astonishing for him.

His mind was playing with him this time or probably the heart too. He couldn't understand what he actually wanted.

"Did I go too far?" Seungcheol hesitantly asked as the younger remained silent.

"No no!" Jeonghan grinned lazily, "So you've finally moved on?"

"Mhmm." Seungcheol nodded while enjoying his frozen dessert, "Or else I would have remained like a grumpy old man. Why? Is there any problem?"

"No, why would it be a problem?" Jeonghan shrugged, "I'm happy that you decided to take this step. Everything looks fine now."

And the fact was, everything just "looked" fine because reality was far more complicated than this.

By moving on, Seungcheol meant that he had moved on from being repulsive towards the younger. He had never stopped loving him in any way. But was he going to tell Jeonghan? No.

On the other hand, Jeonghan felt suffocated from the inside. Whatever he wanted, was finally happening but he still felt like something was missing. He didn't know why his heart was aching like never before.

Planting a small seed in my dry heart
If you make it grow and then be indifferent like this
What should I do? It's so quiet around the wave that doesn't stop

"Jeonghan!" Seungcheol held the younger through his shoulder and saved him from hitting against the pole of a bus stop, "What are you even doing?!! Do you think you can walk through the pole?"

Jeonghan looked back at the object which might have caused an accident as he stayed in Seungcheol's arms, "Thank you."

"Thank you?" Seungcheol stared at the younger in disbelief, "I don't need your thank you. Just tell me what you were thinking huh? If you were walking alone, you would have definitely bumped into this metallic pole."

"I don't know, I just zoned out." Jeonghan mumbled.

"Jeonghan?" Seungcheol threw his empty ice cream cup in a nearby dustbin and then confronted the younger, "What's wrong with you these days? You always zone out in the middle of a conversation. Is something bothering you? Work? Family? Or personal stuff?"

"I'm fine-"

"You aren't." Seungcheol intervened, "I've been noticing it for a few days. I didn't say anything but now it's getting too much. I'm here to listen then why are you keeping your concerns with yourself? Are we friends only for the sake of formality."

"No no, there's nothing like that." Jeonghan assured, "Don't think I'm weird but I want to ask something. People say that love is a beautiful feeling. It might hurt sometimes but at the end of the day, it is something you cherish. But these are just sayings. You tell me Seungcheol, what is love?"

Love? If Seungcheol had to answer honestly, he would have said that the person standing in front of him was the definition of love for him.

Do you worry about me every night?
Like an island floating in the middle of the sea
It feels like my heart is always the same, any day, any place

"Love can't be defined, Jeonghan. It can be felt." Seungcheol chuckled as he could feel his heart race for no reason, "And it might not always be romantic but I don't think you want a philosophical answer."

"I want to know what you think about it." Jeonghan sat on the waiting area and gestured the older to sit beside him.

"Well, love is a very simple yet complicated feeling." Seungcheol sat beside the younger, "There are many people around you for whom you care for and want them in your life forever. But you know what, there's that one particular person who has the ability to make you do the most bizarre things and you won't even realise."

"You find your happiness, comfort and everything in that pair of eyes. You just can't get enough of them. You want to have them for your whole life but at the same time, you can let them go for their own happiness." Seungcheol chuckled subtly, "Sorry for this shitty explanation because I can't really define what love is. You have to fall for someone to know what exactly it means."

Jeonghan kept staring at the older without blinking. He was just admiring him quietly while falling for him even more without realising.

"You won't even realise that you're in love." Seungcheol scoffed, "But then that one day will arrive, when you would feel your heart almost drop out when the concern of them leaving you would cloud your brain. Or a day will arrive when you'll find your happiness dependent on a particular someone. Or a day when you'll find yourself smiling like an idiot for the bare minimum they did. Or probably some day you'll ask yourself why you are doing this while making an unexpected move only to see them happy."

"That would be the day you'll realise how hard it is to live without them." Seungcheol concluded.

In the end, you're more to me and I'm more to you
This feeling that I want to know

I think I fucked up. Jeonghan thought to himself, Am I in-? Wait- NO!! No? Why no? What's wrong in that? Yoon Jeonghan you- ARGHH!!

"Now, what exactly do you want to hear?" Seungcheol turned directly towards the younger. He gently wiped off the small trace of ice cream from his chin and then continued to look at him.

"Nothing?" Jeonghan blurted out, "I just wanted to know."

"Know what?"

If I'm in love or not. "About this feeling." Jeonghan muttered, "I was just curious."

Just curious? Seungcheol would never believe that. He knew something was going on with Jeonghan but he didn't know what, "Why are you lying?"

"I'm not lying." Jeonghan laughed it off, "I genuinely wanted to know, that's it."

Connecting the starlight of the black sky, our love line
I hope it becomes unstoppable
This feeling I want to let you know

Words that contain my rising heart
Ah! Love is you

"Okay I believe you." Seungcheol nodded as he took the empty cup from Jeonghan and threw it in the dustbin, "Now let's go. It's getting cold and you can't stand it right?"

"You know?"

"I remember."

A/n : Yep sorry for this shitty explanation cuz even I don't know about love and all lmaoo.

Plus double update because, 7K and 200 followers on the same day, GUYS?!! Thankyou so much fr 💎✨

Take care everyone!
-Jeonghanneyonghaseyo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 104 10
"You're haunted and you will be forever haunt my mind. No matter where you go or went, I will find you because your name is already bound in my heart...
52.5K 822 44
The moment I saw you, I knew that I want you. "I took the chance and it lead me to you" Where everything starts with an NDA. (Non disclosure agreeme...
96.5K 6.8K 58
"Just so you know," Seungcheol grunts, his voice laced with frustration, "I'm only putting up with you because of my mother. Nothing else." He forcef...
34K 1.2K 32
A story about 13 boys who were meant to meet and save each other. There will be romance. Be prepared. This is only a fanfic and has nothing to do w...