Hummingbird | Peter Parker

By MK31307

Rey had the best life in the first five years of her life, but that was until HYDRA killed her mother and kid... More

Radha Irani Stark Rogers AKA Hummingbird
Mood Boards I
Mood Boards II
Prologue
Act I | Raised in Shadows
Act I Cast
Chapter 1 | The First Christmas
Chapter 2 | Forest of Childhood
Chapter 3 | Hijacked by Hydra
Chapter 4 | 2012?
Act II | The Rise of Humminbird and Sparrow
Act II Cast
Chapter 1 | When I became we
Chapter 2 | The Final Goodbye
Chapter 3 | No Retreat, No Surrender!
Chapter 4 | Humminbird and Sparrow AKA A.D.O.R.B.s
Act III | Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Act III Cast
Chapter 1 | Mace Windu
Chapter 2 | Mission 'Keep an eye on Daddy dearest'
Chapter 3 | Hospital Brake Out
Chapter 4 | MacBook store
Chapter 5 | HYDRA's base
Chapter 6 | The Flacon
Chapter 7 | The Winter Soldier
Chapter 8 | Fury and Memory Wiping
Chapter 9 | Confessions
Chapter 11 | Secrets Have Secrets
Act IV | Avenger: Hummingbird
Act IV Cast
Chapter 1 | Dropping the bomb
Chapter 2 | Haunting past
A.D.O.R.B.s level
Chapter 3 | Therapy
Chapter 4 | Harry Osborn
Chapter 5 | A little chat over boba
Act V | Avengers: Age of Ultron
Act V Cast
Chapter 1 | Rescue
Chapter 2 | AC/DC vs BTS
Chapter 3 | Party
Chapter 4 | Ultron
Chapter 5 | The strongest metal on earth
Chapter 6 | Florida Mission 05
Chapter 7 | The Barton family?
Chapter 8 | The Tractor No One Can Fix
Chapter 9 | Evolve
Chapter 10 | The Cradle Chase
Chapter 11 | Vision
Chapter 12 | What's Laputa doing here?

Chapter 10 | Project Insight

23 2 0
By MK31307

◈◉◈

Rey:

At the DC S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters Jay, Steve, Sam and Hill suited up and were headed to the PA Room. Rey was with Fury and Gwen in a chopper for takeoff. Rey typed in a code and the Com Tech's comms screeched.

One of the Com Tech agents went over to the door to check what was wrong when he scanned his card and the door opened he saw Jay, Sam and Hill pointing guns at him and Steve standing in the centre leading them. "Excuse us." he said.

"Not really the catchphrase I woulda gone with." They heard Gwen over the spy comm. The Com Tech agent held his hand up and stepped aside.

In a conference room was HYDRA's leader, Alexander Pierce with the World Security Council as he gave them his 'oh-so peaceful' speech. "I know the road hasn't exactly been smooth, and some of you would have gladly kicked me out of the car along the way. Finally, we're here, and the world should be grateful." Pierce said raising his glass as a toast and the World Security Council followed. As he raised their glasses to their lips to drink the champagne the Super Soldier's voice was heard over the PA

"Attention, all S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. This is Steve Rogers." Steve spoke. Pierce and the Council lowered the glasses listening to him "You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth." Steve paused "S.H.I.E.L.D. is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader." the Council looked at the man with accusing looks. "The S.T.R.I.K.E. and Insight crew are HYDRA as well." Steve added. "I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want:" Steve said pursing his lips "Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them."

Rey sighed as she leaned back in her seat in the chopper, a small smile made its way up her lips. It would all be over soon. All the night terror and nightmares would be gone. Sure, there are things about her past she could never get over but this would be a new and fresh start for her. "I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." Steve said.

Rey and Gwen smirked when they heard Sam's question "Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?"

"He's good at that kinda stuff." Rey answered Sam over the comms as she fired up the chopper. 

"Have you ever flown this before?" Gwen asked as she held the handle for support pushing herself back against the seat as Fury did the same while Rey struggled to take the chopper in the air.

"I read the manual." Rey said "Besides, I've flown in an armoured suit. How hard can it be?" Rey said as she got the chopper stable.

"Just don't get us killed." Fury said before grumbling under his breath. "I can't believe I'm letting a fourteen-year-old fly a chopper." Rey grinned before changing her appearance to R.I.S.R.

"A Twenty-six-year-old better for you, Nick?" Rey asked turning back to him.

"Keep your eyes on the road, bitch!" Gwen yelled in fright.

"Ow. That hurt. I thought we were becoming friends." Rey said with a smirk.

"Maybe I'll think if we survive with you flying this thing." Gwen said.

In the conference room at Triskelion the World Security Council, all glared at Pierce "You smug son of a bitch." Councilman Rockwell cussed as two of S.T.R.I.K.E.'s members walked in.

"Arrest him." Councilman Singh told the S.T.R.I.K.E. agents but they pointed their guns at him instead.

"I guess I've got the floor." Pierce said smugly.

The bay opened up as the Helicarriers rose S.H.I.E.L.D. agents that tried to stop if were shot by HYDRA's. "They're initiating launch." Hill said over the comms as she looked at the CCTV surveillance. Jay, Steve and Sam ran out to the Helicarriers, each of them had one chip to replace in each of the Helicarriers.

"Hey, Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam asked.

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad." Steve said.

"And what do we do then?" Jay asked.

"Don't get shot." Steve said.

"Oh, great." Jay said sarcastically as his wings opened up and he took off.

"Nice wings, kid." Sam said as he activated his wings and the three went in different directions.

"Thanks. Manufactured myself." Rey said over the comms "It's Vibranium Nanotech."

"Vibranium?" Steve asked fighting one of HYDRA's agents.

"Fight now. Talk later." Rey said as she flew the copper over the buildings.

"What is with you and your refs, Rey." Jay sighed annoyed with Rey taking out references out of movies she loved.

"What can I say it's in my blood." Rey said smiling smugly.

"Hey, Cap, I found those bad guys you were talking about." Sam said as gun fires were heard in the background

"You can say that again." Jay said. Loud explosions came from their background.

"You two okay?" Steve asked breathlessly.

"Not dead yet." Sam said.

"Man, I wish you had put cloaking on mine to Rey!" Jay yelled.

"I did." Rey said. "Say 'Invisibility Cloak' to activate it."

"Oh god, Invisibility Cloak! Invisibility Cloak!" he yelled in panic before he was clothes were cloaked.

Pierce watched from the conference room as the Captain, Falcon and Sparrow tried to take down the Helicarriers. He turned to the Council, Singh to be specific "Let me ask you a question." Pierce said as he put his phone away and took one of the champagne glasses "What if Pakistan marched into Mumbai tomorrow, and you knew that they were gonna drag your daughters into a soccer stadium for execution?" he gave the glass to Singh to took it unwillingly "And you could just stop it with a flick of the switch. Wouldn't you? Wouldn't you all?" he asked looking at the Council members before looking back at Singh with a smug smile. 

Singh, who was so tempted to throw the champagne on Pierce's face controlled himself before speaking "Not if it was your switch." he said and threw the glass away. Pierce chuckled before holding his hand out to the agent who handed him a gun. Pierce aimed it at Singh then all of a sudden out of nowhere Hawley kicked Singh out of the way. She took down the S.T.R.I.K.E. team single-handedly and pointed Pierce's gun that lay on the floor at Pierce himself.

Natasha deactivated Photostatic Veil mentally thanking Rey for inventing them "I'm sorry." a digitalised voice said as she took off the Photostatic Veil as it deactivated and then took off her wig. Natasha said "Did I step on your moment?" she asked snarkily.

Rey smirked as she could see Triskelion "Guys, we're nearly there." she said looking back at Fury and Gwen.

"About time. I wanna get off this rollercoaster ride." Gwen said.

Natasha stood at the holographic keyboard typing when Rockwell asked her what was she doing. Natasha said nothing so Pierce answered for her. "She's disabling security protocols and dumping all the secrets onto the Internet." 

"Including HYDRA's." the assassin said as she continued typing.

"And S.H.I.E.L.D.'s. If you do this, none of your past is gonna remain hidden." Pierce said Natasha stopped glancing at Pierce before going back to what she was doing. "Are you sure you're ready for the world to see you as you really are?"

"Are you?" Natasha asked with a smirk.

"Alpha locked." Jay said over the spy comm.

"Falcon, where are you now?" Hill asked.

"I had to take a detour!" Sam yelled.

"Are you okay?" Gwen asked in panic.

"Yeah." he said "I'm in. Bravo locked." he said.

"Two down, one to go." Hill said.

"Disabling the encryption is an executive order, it takes two Alpha Level members." Pierce said looking at the holographic screen where a window displayed an alert 'RESTRICTED ACCESS.'

"Don't worry, the company's coming." Natasha sassed. Before loud rock music filled all their ears as Rey landed the chopper. DJ Shadow's Rocket Fuel played through the speakers all across Triskelion. Fury stepped out of the chopper as Rey and Gwen followed after in Gwen was in her suit with her mask on to hide her identity at all costs.

"You bring your own soundtracks?" Gwen asked Rey with a chuckle.

"What can I say, I like to make a dramatic entrance." she said smugly loading her guns.

"Did you get my flowers? I'm glad you're here, Nick." Pierce told Fury who glared at him silently "Asset I.S.R." Pierce greeted glaring at Rey who aimed her pair of Glock 26 pistols at him.

"Really? 'Cause I thought you had me killed." Fury said walking over to him.

"You know how the game works." he said.

"So why make me the head of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"

"'Cause you're the best and the most ruthless person I ever met."

"I did what I did to protect people."

"Our enemies are your enemies, Nick." Rey frowned raising her guns as Pierce stepped closer to Fury "Disorder. War. It's just a matter of time before a dirty bomb goes off in Moscow. Or an EMP fries Chicago. Diplomacy? Holding action, a bandaid. And you know where I learned that; Bogota. You didn't ask, you just did what had to be done. I can bring order to the lives of seven billion people by sacrificing twenty million. It's the next step, Nick. D'you have the courage to take it?"

"No, I have the courage not to," Fury said grabbing Pierce and leading him to the scanner.

"Retinal scanner active." the S.H.I.E.L.D. UI spoke as Natasha and Rey pointed their guns at Pierce threateningly.

He chuckled saying "You don't think we've wiped your clearance from the system?"

"I know you erased my password." Fury accused "Probably deleted my retinal scan, but if you want to stay ahead of me, Mr. Secretary-" he took off his eye patch "You need to keep both eyes open." he cocked his head towards the scanner Rey grabbed Pierce by the collar and pulled him to the other scanner.

Their eyes were scanned "Alpha Level confirmed. Encryption code accepted. Safeguards removed." the S.H.I.E.L.D. UI said.

"Charlie Carrier's forty-five degrees off the port bow." Hill said there were two gunshots in the background "Six minutes."

"Hey, Sam, gonna need a ride." Steve said.

"Roger! Let me know when you're ready."

"Don't drop him." Rey whispered into the comm.

"You think I would." Sam countered.

"Can't know with you." Jay said.

"I just did!" Steve said.

"You know, you're a lot heavier than you look." Sam said.

"I had a big breakfast." Steve said. Rey could not help but smile knowing it was her scrambled eggs he had at Sam's house.

"Steve!" Sam yelled. "Cap? Cap, come in. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm here! I'm still on the Helicarrier." Steve said with a grunt "Where are you?"

"I'm grounded, the suit's down. Sorry, Cap." Sam said.

"Are you okay?" Gwen asked in a whisper.

"Yeah, Gwen, I'm fine." Sam said

"Don't worry, I got it." Steve said.

"Be careful with Jamie." Rey whispered to Steve.

"I'll do my best." he said.

"Just don't die." Rey said.

"Falcon?" Hill asked.

"Yeah?"

"Rumlow's headed for the Council." Hill said. Rey stayed on alert pointing one of her guns at the entrance.

"I'm on it." Sam said

"People are gonna die, Buck. I can't let that happen." Steve's voice was heard. Rey froze at the mention of Bucky's name. Not wanting to listen to Bucky and Steve fight Rey took off her spy comm and threw it across the room.

"Done." Natasha said before looking at her phone "And it's trending." she said. The council members all yelp in pain and they collapse. The assassin aimed her gun at Pierce as Rey and Fury did the same. Gwen held her hands out ready to use her W.E.B.s (Web Electrocuting Balls)

"Unless you want a two-inch hole in your sternum, I'd put that gun down." Natasha gave him a shocked look "That was armed the moment you pinned it on." the three exchanged looks at his statement and reluctantly lowered their guns. "Lieutenant, how much longer?" asked as he stood at the computer giving Rey, Fury, Natasha and Gwen smug looks.

"Sixty-five seconds to satellite link. Targeting grid engaged. Lowering weapons array now." said Charlie XO.

"No!" Rey yelled moving forward to Pierce but he pointed a gun at her.

"We've reached three thousand feet. Satellite link coming online now"

"Deploy algorithm."

"I won't let this happen." Rey said she moved forward to Pierce but her shot her on the akle. 

"Rey!" Fury, Natasha and Gwen exclaimed as they reached to help her.

"Stay away. Or I'll kill her." Pierce said walking toward Rey. He kneeled down.

"You know, you are lucky we put your documents with the restricted files or there would be officers charging in here to take you as a prisoner." Pierce said before keeling and putting his finger in Rey's bullet wound in her ankle. Rey yelled in pain and sat up to punch Pierce but missed. Pierce took his finger out of her wound.

"I did... what I did... to keep them safe." Rey said gasping in pain.

"And you killed at least a dozen people to do so." Pierce said "Are two heads really worth a dozen?" he asked tauntingly as he looked out the window Rey looked down guiltily.

"I know you had them killed and you didn't tell me so you could continue to threaten me." Rey said standing up as the Helicarriers shot each other.

"What a waste." Pierce said looking up at the Helicarriers

"Are you still on the fence about Rogers' chances?" Natasha asked Fury.

"He's still on it?" Rey asked since she had not heard anything after she had gotten rid of the comm in her ear.

"Time to go, Councilwoman, this way. C'mon, you're gonna fly me out of here." Pierce said holding a gun a Natasha and leading her to the door.

"You know, there was a time I would have taken a bullet for you." Fury told Pierce glaring at the glass.

"You already did. You will again when it's useful-" Pierce was interrupted by Natasha tasing herself and collapsing. Using the distraction Rey turned her gauntlet into a blade and charged towards Pierce stabbing him right in the gut.

"Your file will be out too — they will know who you really are." Pierce choked out.

"Yeah, well..." Rey said before wincing and falling to her knees "Someone told me it's better they hear it from me. And I'm gonna make sure they do." Rey said before pushing the blade farther into Pierce. Fury ran over to Natasha while Gwen went to Rey.

"We friends now?" Rey asked her as she put Rey's arm around her shoulder to help her up.

"We'll see." Gwen said smiling.

"Romanoff..." Fury called as he shook the assassin "Natasha! Natasha! C'mon!"

The Widow opened her eyes slowly "Ow. Those really do sting." she said.

"Hail HYDRA." Pierce said weakly before his head collapsed.

Rey looked away from Fury and Natasha as she leaned against Gwen for support, she looked out the window and saw the Helicarriers going down it was then she remembered that Her father was still on it. "No..." she gasped as she moved away from Gwen and limped over to the window before turning to Fury. "Is he still on there?" Rey asked. Fury remained silent looking down "No!" Rey exclaimed as she cocooned herself with the suit and flew out the window shattering it.

Before Rey could tell V.E.R.O.N.I.C.A. what to do the UI already searched for Steve "Rey, he's in the river channel." she informed Rey who immediately flew towered the red dot blinking on her mask's see-through eyepiece.

When she reached there she saw Bucky pulling Steve out of the channel. She randed down and immediately ran to Steve falling to his side. "No, no, no, no, no..." she cried "V.E.R.O.N.I.C.A., read vitals."

"Conditions are critical. We can only hope for the best." the UI said in a soft comfortable tone. Rey gave him CPR pumping his chest till water came out of his lungs and spilled out through the mouth. She let out a sigh of relief, she looked up when she saw Bucky turn to walk away.

"Jam." Rey called Bucky stopped listening to her "Come with us. We can put you through therapy — try- try to figure out a cure." Rey stated trying her best to convince him to stay. "We can stay together again," she paused before looking at her father's unconscious body "as a family." she finished.

"I need to stay alone for a while." he said as he turned to her. "I'll see you soon, Pipsqueak." he said bending down to kiss her crown before giving her a small smile and walking away.

"Rey, conditions are getting worse." the UI told Rey

"Inform Nick I've found Caps and to make arrangements at a hospital. I bring him directly." Rey said as she lifted her father's unconscious body.

༻༺ ✬ ༻༺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 46 17
"๐€๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐š๐ข๐, "๐ƒ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ซ๐ฒ, ๐ˆ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐›๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ง๐ž" ๐๐จ๐ฐ ๐ˆ'๐ฆ ๐š๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ˆ'๐ฆ...
1.4K 79 10
After a long seven years of being apart from her sister, Y/n Romanoff manages to just barley escape HYDRA while on a mission. She goes to the Avenger...
12.4K 557 23
~~Completed~~ Margaret had arrived almost 6 months ago now to visit her friend Natasha. After being rescued from the Red Room when she was just a you...
186K 5.8K 31
After Peter had been bitten by a spider and the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter became Spider-man. Living with his Aunt May, going to high school as a...