The Ministry Child: Phantomime

Por IStoleTime

After the death of her Father Albany is struggling with her grief, she had lost every single member family in... Más

Opening
Take Your Time
Lockdown At The Ministry
Romantic Gestures Never Go To Plan
That Ghoul!
Ghostly Encounters
Mystery Solved
Halloween With The Ghouls
Cluedo At The Ministry
A New Year, A New Routine
A Change Of Scene
Copia, What Did You Do?!
Times Of Change
Back To Business
He's Back
Papa Nihil
Revisiting The Past
Our Old Getaway
I Missed You
Breakfast At The Ministry
The European Tour
Another City, Another Country
An Outing With Two Papas.
Near The End
Returning From Hellfest
Let's Play Ball!
A Day At The Beach
Training At The Beach
A Nightmare Revisited.
Jesus Is Coming
Glass Caskets
Father Jim DeFroque
Preparations
Rude Awakening
Calling From A Land Down Under

Los Angeles

83 7 4
Por IStoleTime

Chapter 25!

Los Angeles

24th of May 2022 - Los Angeles

The second part of the Imperatour was now complete, the newest Papa Emeritus was on a flight back to Los Angeles. The ghouls and ghoulettes were travelling by a private aircraft owned by the Clergy alongside the corpse of Papa Nihil, the tour bus was being transported back to America by cargo. The journey from Europe to America was fourteen hours long by aircraft, it wouldn't be an easy flight for some of the Clergy employees with the mischievous antics of the ghouls plaguing them before they had even boarded their flight.

Albany was gazing out of the porthole of the aeroplane, the views from her seat were breathtaking. The lights of Los Angeles could be seen in the distance, they were almost at the airport. The last few days had been relaxing, the nights and days she had spent with Copia had been magical. Their workload had been minimal, they had time to explore Budapest and enjoy each others company away from the prying eyes of Clergy employees. It had been a nice way to end the Imperatour, but the flight back home for Copia had been restless.

Copia had been pacing the aisle of the aircraft, he was mumbling to himself and taking many bathroom breaks throughout the fourteen hour flight. He had tried to sleep, but a crying child had kept him awake. The packet of peanuts he had been trying to open had showered himself and his lover, their in-flight meal of spaghetti with garlic bread hadn't been editable. Albany had tried her best to entertain him with puzzle books and guessing games, but he hadn't been in a good mood since they left Hungary. The creaking of the seat next to her caught Albany's attention, her lover was fidgeting yet again. Resting her head against the seat's headrest she watched him silently for a moment, she was curious about his unsettled behaviour.

" Penny for your thoughts?" She asked.

" I have no pennies to give right now." He said.

" Do you need something?" She asked

" No." He replied.

" What's wrong?" She asked, her hand slipped over his forearm. " Why are you fidgeting? Are you feeling unwell? I can ask one of the air hostesses for something if your stomach is feeling unsettled." 

" My stomach is fine." He said.

" Talk to me, Copia." She said before she gently turned his face towards her gaze. " You've been moody since we left Hungary. As something happened? It's got nothing to do with Papa, right? I know how venomous his can be at times." 

" I don't want to go home yet, I've had too much fun on the tour." He said.

" Back to reality with a bump, huh?" She asked.

" More like there will be a big pile of paperwork waiting for me when I get home." He replied, his fingers curled around her hand. " Mr Saltarian called me before we boarded the flight, he plans to visit me tomorrow at the Ministry. He says I need to prepare for some training." 

" What kind of training?" She asked.

" I'm not sure yet, but it doesn't sound fun." He said.

" It's probably some work related training, I wouldn't worry about it too much." She said.

" I still don't like it!" He sighed.

" Awww, it's okay." She said while her chin rested against his shoulder. " Let me cheer you up, okay?"

" Are you planning on letting me join the mile high club?" He asked.

" Wait, what?" She said before she playfully slapped his arm. " No way!" 

" Okay, okay!" He said in an amused tone. " I'm listening, baby." 

" Would you like to go somewhere when we land?" She asked, her gaze met with his own. " We could have a moonlight flit."

" What's a moonlight flit?" He asked.

" It's something Secondo use to say, it's like prolonging our journey instead of going straight back to the Ministry." She said with a smile. " Secondo once took me on a moonlight flit when I first moved to Los Angeles, it was enlightening. We got Schnapps and pizza, then he took me to Hollywood Park Casino. He taught me how to play poker, he managed to sweet talk the dealer into free fries. It was a fun night, he wasn't such a bad Brother on the odd occasion."

" That's good to hear." He said.

" What would you say to getting a drive thru after we land?" She asked.

" Can we get some French fries?" He asked.

" Sure, it's still kind of like our vacation period." She said.

" And some garlic bread?" He asked.

" We'll have to go on a further detour, but I dont see it being a problem." She replied.

" Can we also go to the beach?" He asked.

" It's almost midnight, there won't be anybody at the beach." She said.

" That's the best part of a moonlight flit, yes?" He asked while he brushed the back of his hand against her cheek. " Me and you alone on a beach. The moonlight and stars, maybe a little somethin' somethin' on the seashore. Good thinking, yes?"

" Just like the old days on the backseat of your car with blankets and potato chips." She said while a smile graced her features. " I remember those nights very clearly. With the amount of sand I use to find in my shoes I could have made my own beach at the Ministry."

" Is that a yes?" He asked.

" I think a daytime visit to Venice Boardwalk sounds more appealing right now, there would be ice cream and hot dogs." She said, her gaze remainded on him. " We can get some fries on the way home, surely the Clergy chauffeur would let us have a little detour. Sister Imperator will be expecting us, the beach will have to wait until another weekend."

" Okay, cool." He said.

Albany pulled his hand away from her cheek, she planted a single kiss on his jawline before she sat down properly in her seat. Copia's mood seemed to have lightened due to the thoughts of getting some French fries and garlic bread, he had gotten drive thru many times after he had landed in Los Angeles from his worldwide tours. The seat belt light soon lit up, the pilot made an announcement about the aircraft would be landing shortly. Buckling up they prepared themselves for the landing, their little time away from the Ministry had now come to an end.

*********************

10th June 2022 - Venice Boardwalk, Los Angeles 

The next two weeks passed by quickly, the workload of the Clergy was taking it's toll on Copia. Endless meetings, paperwork and contract signing. He was exhausted from his daily activities, but he loved being Papa Emeritus IV. Mr Saltarian presence was being felt at the Ministry, he was spending more time with Sister Imperator and Papa Nihil. The last leg of the tour dates had been scheduled from the 26th of August until the 23rd of September. After that there would be no tour dates until 2023, it would give Copia the well earned rest he needed before the Clergy decided on the next faze of their world domination plan.

It was Friday afternoon, the day was pleasent and sunny. Albany and Copia had finished work early, they planned to get some coffee away from the Ministry. Copia had driven them to the Venice Boardwalk, they had spoken about visiting the coastal walk since the second part of the tour had ended. Papa Nihil was unaware of their location, he wouldn't be pleased if he had found out about their little afternoon getaway from the unholy church.

The boardwalk was bustling with people, there were families and tourists visiting beach walk. Stores, food vendors and restaurants lined the boardwalk. There were musicians playing their instruments, the vendors were selling little trinkets and shirts. Palm trees shaded people from the summer heat while a group of roller skaters showed off their skills. A flock mischievous seagulls chased the odd person for their food, there were kids running around the boardwalk. The atmosphere was joyous, there was so much to see and do at the Venice Boardwalk. 

Albany and Copia got some coffee, they explored the stores while they chatted about anything that came to their minds. The scent of boardwalk fries had immediately caught Copia's attention, he had left his lover sitting on some steps near the beaches car park. Albany's gaze lingered on the beach, it was heavenly. The sunshine was warming and the ocean glistened from the rays of the sun, there were seagulls padding in the shallows. She watched a couple of  people surfing, the waves were pretty high. Sighing happily to herself she took a slip of her hot beverage, but her attention was soon caught by someone plonking themselves down beside her on the step. Copia had returned with his box of fries, he looked pleased with his purchase. He offered her some of his fries to his lover, she took one before she spoke with him.

" Thank you." She said.

" You're welcome." He said, his gaze focused on the beach while a joyous sigh escaped his lips. " This is better than my office, yes?"

" Definitely better, it's nice just getting away from the Ministry." She said before she popped the fry into her mouth." I never got the chance to ask you how your meeting with Mr Saltarian went this morning?" 

" It's was very boring, he was mumbling again." He replied.

" Did he say anything else about your training?" She asked.

" No, but we spoke about Hellfest." He said.

" Six more days and you'll be travelling to Europe again." She said while she placed her cup on the step. " At least it will be a two day visit, then you can have some time away from touring until August."

" True that, but I'm not looking forward to the next part of the tour." He said.

" Why not?" She asked.

" You won't be coming with me this time." He said, his hand slipped over her owned. " I'm going to miss you, baby. I enjoyed seeing you everyday."

" But you see me all the time at the Ministry." She smiled.

" I know that, but we were touring Europe together." He said before he softly kissed her hand. " It was good, very good. Sister would have allowed you to accompany me again on the tour around America, but the old guy won't allow it. He says you're safer at Ministry."

" I know, he's been very vocal about it." She said.

" You know Pops needs to let you go, the way he tries to boss you around is not good." He said, his gaze returned to his box of fries. " You're a grown woman now, he needs to learn that you're not part of his property."

" Papa still see's me has his little girl, he's just overprotective." She said.

" More like controlling." He said.

" He just gets lonely sometimes, it's always been me and him since we moved to Los Angeles." She said, her chin rested against her lover's shoulder. " Then you moved to the Ministry and things got turned upside down, he's just set in his ways even though he's dead."

" He needs to unset them if you ask me." He grumbled.

" Who knew ghosts could be this troublesome, huh?" She asked, her gaze met with his own. " But he'll sleep more if he's only touring with the ghouls and you. When I was there he was constantly following me around the tour bus, he may avoid your presence if I'm not there." 

" Right, right..." He said.

" Don't worry about Papa, he'll behave himself." She said.

" I hope you're right." He said.

Albany smiled at her lover when he kissed the tip of her nose, she knew that her Father's rude behaviour was getting to the newest Papa Emeritus. He hated the phantasm's criticism and his constant picking at anything good that Copia had achieved, he was harsh with his prodigy. Copia turned his attention towards his fries, he dipped two of them in ketchup before he ate them in one go. He fed a few of his fries to his lover, but he managed to get ketchup down Albany's chin when he accidentally missed her mouth. Using a napkin she wiped the ketchup away, but her attention was soon caught by Copia's voice.

" I brought you a present." He said.

" Really?" She asked.

" It's just a little somethin' somethin' I picked up while I was getting my fries." He said, he took a little paper bag from his hoody pocket. " For you, baby."

" Thank you, Copia." She smiled.

Albany took the bag from his hand, she watched him eating some more of his fries before she opened the present he had gifted her so randomly. Taking it from the bag she discovered that the present was small and round, it took her a moment to figure out what it was while she slipped it halfway onto her little finger. A plan silver toe ring, she remembered looking at them when they were exploring some of the boardwalk stores. Her gaze fell upon Copia, he was busy devouring his fries. Albany cleared her throat before she held her hand towards him, she then wiggled her fingers at him. 

" A toe ring?" She asked.

" I thought it would look cute on your little piggy." He said, he leaned in closer towards her and whispered. " I do enjoy playing with your toes." 

" I know, it's a very thoughtful gift." She said, her smile was flirtatious. " I'll wear it tonight just for you, it could be the only thing I'll be wearing if you play your cards right."

" I do like the sound of that, baby." He said.

" I guess that means games night in cancelled tonight." She said.

" We can do both, it's cool." He said.

" I'm happy you said that, but right now I wouldn't mind a little paddle in the ocean before we return home." She said.

" Just like the old times?" He asked.

" Yes, but I don't want a repeat performance like what happened in Malibu." She said with a smile. " There's no beach houses around here to dry off, it would be wet underwear for the drive back to the Ministry."

" You could always remove them." He said.

" Knowing my luck the law enforcements would pull us over, it would be a indecent exposure moment." She said.

" I could keep you warm, there's always the backseat of my car." He said.

" It's still daylight, there's people around." She said.

" That's never stopped us before." He said.

" You're encourgable!" She smiled.

" But I know you like it, huh?" He whispered.

A giggle escaped Albany's lips when her lover nuzzled at her neck, she embraced his playful behaviour. But something wet remained on her skin. Wiping her neck with her hand she discovered ketchup on her finger tips, he had gotten sauce all over her neck. Rolling her eyes at her lover Albany used her napkin to wipe some ketchup away from the corner of his mouth, he thanked her before he turned his attention back towards his fries. Copia continued to eat his boardwalk treat while he spoke about games night at the Ministry, he was excited about her promise about wearing nothing but a toe ring for their Friday night delights.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.3K 40 14
Sister Rosalia is a young Sister of Sin in the Church of Satan who is a dutiful and average girl, until she falls for the Cardinal...hard. Art by @sh...
6.7K 309 24
Celestial Wren Russo, a young woman finds the church of Ghost, hoping to join the clergy and better herself while building relationships along the wa...
7.9K 362 39
After the events that had happened in Los Angeles Albany returned to the Italian Ministry, her life had changed yet again. Her heart broken after dis...
40.7K 1K 32
Imagines/Preferences about the lead singer of Ghost, he will charm you and make you want it again. Enjoy!