Hummingbird | Peter Parker

By MK31307

Rey had the best life in the first five years of her life, but that was until HYDRA killed her mother and kid... More

Radha Irani Stark Rogers AKA Hummingbird
Mood Boards I
Mood Boards II
Prologue
Act I | Raised in Shadows
Act I Cast
Chapter 1 | The First Christmas
Chapter 2 | Forest of Childhood
Chapter 3 | Hijacked by Hydra
Chapter 4 | 2012?
Act II | The Rise of Humminbird and Sparrow
Act II Cast
Chapter 1 | When I became we
Chapter 2 | The Final Goodbye
Chapter 3 | No Retreat, No Surrender!
Chapter 4 | Humminbird and Sparrow AKA A.D.O.R.B.s
Act III | Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Act III Cast
Chapter 1 | Mace Windu
Chapter 2 | Mission 'Keep an eye on Daddy dearest'
Chapter 3 | Hospital Brake Out
Chapter 4 | MacBook store
Chapter 5 | HYDRA's base
Chapter 6 | The Flacon
Chapter 7 | The Winter Soldier
Chapter 8 | Fury and Memory Wiping
Chapter 10 | Project Insight
Chapter 11 | Secrets Have Secrets
Act IV | Avenger: Hummingbird
Act IV Cast
Chapter 1 | Dropping the bomb
Chapter 2 | Haunting past
A.D.O.R.B.s level
Chapter 3 | Therapy
Chapter 4 | Harry Osborn
Chapter 5 | A little chat over boba
Act V | Avengers: Age of Ultron
Act V Cast
Chapter 1 | Rescue
Chapter 2 | AC/DC vs BTS
Chapter 3 | Party
Chapter 4 | Ultron
Chapter 5 | The strongest metal on earth
Chapter 6 | Florida Mission 05
Chapter 7 | The Barton family?
Chapter 8 | The Tractor No One Can Fix
Chapter 9 | Evolve
Chapter 10 | The Cradle Chase
Chapter 11 | Vision
Chapter 12 | What's Laputa doing here?

Chapter 9 | Confessions

28 2 0
By MK31307

◈◉◈

Rey:

Jay, Fury and Hill filled Steve and Natasha in on how the Avengers fought Rey and Jay at HYDRA's warehouse in New York City and the apartment in Mumbai. To say the two were shocked was an understatement because they had no memory of the events since Rey had wiped their memories.

"So, you sayin' they defeated an alien army but got their asses kicked by two kids?!" Sam asked in amusement "That's-" he chuckled "That's just messed up."

"What's messed up is that she's made serums that can wipe memories." Gwen said "I want one." Rey walked into the room hearing Gwen she smirked.

"Well, I don't just go around handing it." she said "But since you are badass and sassy I give you a formula."

"Can we get back to the task at hand?" Fury asked taking a picture of Pierce looking at it. "This man declined the Nobel Peace Prize. He said, 'Peace wasn't an achievement, it was a responsibility.' " Rey scoffed at Pierce's quote "See, it's stuff like this that gives me trust issues."

"We have to stop the launch." Natasha said.

"I don't think the Council's accepting my calls anymore." Fury said.

"Well, you are dead." Jay said and Rey and Gwen chuckled. Fury glared at the three teens before opening a briefcase revealing three chips on a sponge bed.

"What's that?" Sam asked.

"V, bring up hologram PI-23." Rey said. A hologram appeared on the table showing Project Insight's Helicarriers rising into the air.

"Once the Helicarriers reach three thousand feet, they'll triangulate with Insight satellites becoming fully weaponized." Hill explained.

"We need to breach those carriers and replace their targeting blades with our own." Nick said.

"One or two won't cut it. We need to link all three carriers for this to work, because if even one of those ships remains operational a whole lot of people are gonna die." Hill and Fury explained as the hologram showed exactly what would happen.

"We have to assume everyone aboard those carriers is HYDRA." Fury said glancing at Rey and Jay as the two looked down "We need to get past them, insert the server blades, and maybe, just maybe, we can salvage what's left-"

"We're not salvaging anything." the Super Soldier said firmly "We're not just taking down the carriers, Nick, we're taking down S.H.I.E.L.D."

"S.H.I.E.L.D. had nothing to do with it." Fury defended.

"You gave me this mission. This is how it ends. S.H.I.E.L.D.'s been compromised, you said so yourself. HYDRA grew right under your nose and nobody noticed."

"Why do you think we're meeting in this cave? I noticed." Fury said.

"You mean you realised after Rey told you?" Jay said.

"And how many paid the price before you did?" Steve asked Fury ignoring Jay.

"Look, I didn't know about Barnes." Fury defended.

"Even if you have, would you have told me? Or would you have compartmentalized that too? S.H.I.E.L.D., HYDRA, it all goes. And she knew." Steve said glaring at Rey who looked down scratching the back of her palms.

"Hey!" Jay snapped at Steve but ignored him yet again.

"You knew him, didn't you?" Steve asked "He froze when he saw your face. He didn't wanna hurt you." Rey looked away from him.

"Yes, I knew him." Rey said.

"Rey..." Jay was interrupted by Rey glaring at him. He knew that Rey did not want to talk about but now that the subject had arisen she wanted to let it off her chest.

"He was leading the mission when I was taken by HYDRA. He was the one who trained me." Rey said she slammed her hand on the table "He didn't know who he was because HYDRA wiped his memories and was in control of him. He didn't know himself. He didn't know he was Bucky. He went by Winter Soldier. But to me-" Rey looked down sighing before looking back up "To me he was Uncle Jamie; my mentor, the first father figure I ever had. It was after I woke up from cryosleep did I found out who he is." Rey said. "The best friend of the man I heard so much about from my Grandfather. Popa Howard always praised you, never told anyone your faults — I just wish he at least had told me." Rey turned to leave but before that, she stopped to look at Fury. "He's right about HYDRA and S.H.I.E.L.D. though. It all goes away." she said and with that, she left.

Fury looked at Hill who nodded agreeing with Rey and Steve. He looked at Natasha who did not say anything just looked at him. Fury then turned to Sam. "Don't look at me. I do what he does, just slower." Sam said.

"Well..." Fury scoffed. He leaned back in his chair as he sighed through his nose "Looks like you're giving the orders now, Captain."

"In that case, I want a few questions answered." the blonde soldier said looking at Jay. "Zola called her Irani Stark Rogers and she referred to Howard as her Grandfather. Who is she?"

"You'll have to turn me inside out to get anything out of me." Jay said through the grit of his teeth and he stood inches away from steve looking at him in the eyes with a glare "And it's not my place to tell."

◈◉◈

Rey stood on the bridge of the secret facility, her legs were over the railing as she sat on it looking down at her mother's pendant that was clasped in her hand. She creased the heart with the 'R' etched into it. "What do I do, Maa?" she asked. "I want to tell him but I'm scared he'd hate me more than he already does. Should I have told him about Jamie?"

Steve walked over to the bridge to clear his head and saw Rey there, sitting on the railing swinging her back at forth as she looked down at something she was holding and was talking. Steve wondered if he should apologise for what happened earlier. He walked over to her "I hope you're not planning to jump off." Steve started with a quip as she walked up next to her.

"Your humour is terrible." Rey said wrapping her mother's pendant back on her wrist.

"So, I've been told." Steve said remembering those were Tony's exact words when he used to stay there before moving to DC.

"But your solemnity is off the charts." Rey said. Steve looked at her confused. "It means it's great." Rey explained.

"Oh."

"Man you are old." Rey sighed.

"Ouch." Steve stated with a smile. The two of them chuckled before silence took over them. "Look, I'm sorry about-"

"I know." Rey said looking at him. Steve gave her a small smile "Besides, I had to get it off my chest."

"I think there's something else you have to get off your chest too." Steve said. Rey pursed her lips looking down at her hands resting on her lap.

"I'm not ready to get that off my chest. There is something I have to do before that." Rey said. looking away. Steve nodded looking ahead recalling the moment after his mother's funeral the time Bucky was there for him when no one else was.

"He's gonna be there, you know?" Sam said walking over to the two with his niece.

"I know." Rey and Steve said in unison.

"Look, whoever he used to be, the guy he is now, I don't think he's the kind you save. He's the kind you stop." Sam said.

"I don't know if I can do that."

"I know I can't." Rey said.

"Well, he might not give you a choice, Capssie. He doesn't know you." Gwen said looking at Steve.

"He will. Gear up, it's time." Steve said turning to walk away.

"You gonna wear that, old man?" Rey asked chuckling as she looked at his clothes.

"No. If you're gonna fight a war, you gotta wear a uniform." Steve said. Rey smirked before double-taping her bracelet and jumping off the railing her suit cocooned her as she got closer to the ground. She was inched away before she spread her wings.

"You're gonna give someone a heart attack." Natasha said as she watched Rey land softly

"Oh, I already do." Rey said with a grin and she batted her eyes and Natasha chuckled. They started to walk in to the

"You know you do sound a lot like Stark." Natasha said. Rey's face went solemn as she stared ahead walking to the computer control room.

"So, I've been told." Rey said opening the door.

"By?" the assassin asked.

"Mace Windu and Depa Billaba." Rey said looking at Fury and Hill with a smirk.

"You call me Mace Windu one more time I'll shoot you." Fury threatened as he took his guns and put them in the thigh holster.

"Too bad for you. You'd never shoot me and you know it. And I'm never gonna stop calling you that, Mace Windu." Rey said teasingly.

"She is right though." Hill said. they all looked at her "I think you have a soft spot for her. Whether you like it or not." she said with a smirk. Rey grinned at the statement. The director rolled his eyes before looking away from them and at the computer screen to hide the small smile that appeared on his lips.

༻༺ ✬ ༻༺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62 2 12
Life as an Avenger can be difficult enough, but being the daughter of Captain America Is even tougher. Sarah Rogers has been through so much since s...
222K 5.8K 56
Y/N Stark. You are the daughter of the famous Tony Stark. Born in 1990, by a twenty year old Tony Stark. You don't know who your mother is...she was...
10.4K 230 80
Talia James fell from the sky. Literally. After falling through the wormhole during the Battle of New York in 2012, the Avengers had to take her in...
186K 5.8K 31
After Peter had been bitten by a spider and the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter became Spider-man. Living with his Aunt May, going to high school as a...