possession of the presidentβ€’c...

By rileyowrites

𝐇𝐄 πˆπ’ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 ππ‘π„π’πˆπƒπ„ππ“, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐇𝐄 πˆπ’ πˆπ‘π‘π„π’πˆπ’π“πˆππ‹π„ IN WHICH, a certain... More

posession of the president
1|the reaping
2|beauty in the capitol
3|death by trident
4|treasure of her district
5|bloodied hands
6|roses and fishing
7|career exile
8|a lone victor
9|falling into the president's hands
10|the celebration of death
11|snow's obsession
12|covered in white
13|the capitol's victor
14|cursed lips
16|fear forces respect
17|pieces of the past
18|sign the contract
19|control over his victor
20|all yours
21|stuck within the capitol walls
22|twisted love
23|unforgiveable wound
24|two ends of the contract
25|gamemaker
26|back in the games
27|unshackled
28|runaway bride
29|katniss and rings
30|epilogue
author's note

15|empty heart

4.4K 145 18
By rileyowrites

AN UNEASY FEELING RESTED IN PEARL'S STOMACH THE ENTIRE TRAIN RIDE HOME. Pearl was anxious after Snow's warning, and Mags had offered to walk her inside. She had a gut feeling that something was wrong.

Snow's kiss definitely had an effect on her too. Pearl was so repulsed at the idea of him, yet her lips hungered for his touch again.

Her and Mags were walking off the train late that night. There weren't citizens surrounding the entryway to District 4 because of the time. Her and Mags had a clear path to Victor's Village.

Dread filled Pearl when she remembered the Peacekeepers that patrolled the area around her home. She had forgotten to ask Snow about that, even though she knew it was his doing.

Mags had been a victor for about five years, and she doesn't have any surveillance around her home.

It was so late at night, and District 4 just felt so empty. Pearl took small steps as her shoes dragged through puddles.

She looked down and small her reflection despite the darkness. Pearl saw the face of a victor, or should she say a victim.

Pearl's home came into view, and she didn't spot any Peacekeepers. Maybe they weren't there because they knew she was at the Capitol. They were there for her, not Marie and her mother.

God, Pearl couldn't wait to see her family after such a long and exhausting Victory Tour. Mags opened the door for her and Pearl felt the familiar wave of home wash over her.

"Marie! Mom! I'm home."

There was no response. Normally Marie would come running at the sound of her older sister's voice. There was just a deathly silence.

Mags's lips quivered. "Do you want me to stay until you find them?" she whispered.

Pearl nodded. They wouldn't be out this late. Marie would have been in bed hours ago. Her mother's anxiety may have kept her up, but there was no way Marie was out anywhere even with Pearl gone.

Maybe they were asleep and they didn't hear Pearl's call. "Guys! I'm home!"

There was still no response. Pearl began to search every room downstairs, Mags following. She turned the lights on in every dark room. The place would look abandoned if it wasn't for their possessions lining the rooms.

She was growing more worried by the second. Pearl refused to admit that something could have happened to them, until she reached upstairs.

Marie slept in the same room as her mother because of her attachment issues. She was often scared without someone by her side.

The bed was covered in mix of red and white roses. Pearl's heart sunk. She slowly approached it to see a note with familiar handwriting.

I WARNED YOU.

-Snow

No. No. This couldn't be happening. Snow had taken her family. Pearl assumed that he already had them killed.

Pearl's reaction was to instantly break down in tears. Her heart felt empty as she imagined poor Marie being taken by Peacekeepers and sent to her fate. She imagined her mother begging for her and Pearl's lives.

Snow had already taken so much from her, and now he involved her family. Her innocent mother and her innocent little sister.

Mags entered the room to find Pearl on the ground, weeping. Cries of agony erupted from the victor as Mags wrapped her arms around her.

Her eyes landed on the note, which was the cause of Pearl's crying. "Honey, I'm so sorry."

Pearl couldn't do this anymore. What kind of game was Snow truly playing with her? He kissed her and murdered her family in the same night. She didn't know what he wanted anymore.

"He's taken everything from me."

Mags nodded with a sense of understanding. "He's cruel. Pearl, is this the first time Snow's done something to you personally?"

Pearl couldn't hide the truth much longer. She couldn't hide what was going on between her and the president.

"He pulled you aside at the mansion. What did he do?"

Pearl's world was spinning. What would Mags think of her if Pearl told her she kissed the corrupt president? Mags surely wouldn't feel as sympathetic anymore.

Pearl couldn't hold it in. Mags would eventually find out either way, and right now she had no understanding as to why Snow was after her family.

"You went to know what he did after you left?" Pearl whispered.

Mags nodded.

"He... he told me that he wouldn't let someone from the districts threaten his power again."

Mags seemed to know what Snow was referring to. "The girl from District 12."

"What girl?"

"Lucy Gray Baird. Snow was her mentor in the 10th Hunger Games, and he grew feelings for her. But he cheated, and then he was sent to District 12 as a Peacekeeper. After that, Lucy Gray disappeared into the woods, and I personally believe that he killed her."

"Mags, how do you know all of this?"

She sighed. "It's a long story."

Pearl took all of this information in. How did Mags know all of this about Snow's background? He had grown an obsession for Lucy Gray, and then he had killed her because of his lust for power.

Is that simply the explanation for what was happening to Pearl? Was Snow so infatuated with her, but even more infatuated with the idea of ultimate power? Was he going to play with her like a toy and then have her killed?

Pearl didn't want to die. She already survived the arena, and that couldn't have all been for nothing. The killing and loss couldn't have all been for her to die months later.

Pearl held on to every last ounce of hope that her family was alive. She prayed that Snow was just keeping them from her. She would find a way back to them.

The determined blonde threw Snow's note onto the ground and began to rush down the stairs. Mags followed in concern.

"Where are you going? I understand what you're going through with your family, but you have to get some rest. There's nothing you can do, Pearl. The president of Panem can take whatever he wants."

Pearl gritted her teeth, the door flying open. "The president of Panem may think he gets whatever he wants."

"Pearl, wait-"

Pearl turned around.

"You never told me what happened after Snow said that."'

Pearl took a deep breath. "He kissed me."

Her mentor's face dropped. Pearl wasn't sure if Mags felt betrayed, shocked, or everything combined.

"He... what?" Mags looked down, trying to figure out why Snow would ever do that, and why Pearl ever allowed it to happen.

"I know it sounds insane, and it is. But right now I need to get out of here. Tell me if anything happens, Mags."

Pearl didn't wait for Mags's answer. She didn't exactly have a plan, but she had a very risky idea. It's better than nothing.

Even at this time of night, Pearl spotted two Peacekeepers. They were by the entrance to the dreaded train station. Pearl didn't need another visit here today, but here she was.

She took a step towards the train, but the extremely tall Peacekeeper stood in her way, armed with a gun.

"Where do you think you're going, Miss Bazin?"

Being a victor doesn't always give you good perks. Every Peacekeeper knows her by name, at least since the games.

Pearl smirked. "If I'm being completely honest, I'm going to kill Snow."

His pupils widened, unable to believe that a district citizen would ever say that. He took Pearl's statement as a disrespectful joke.

The Peacekeeper chuckled. "You might not want to say things like that. I'm warning you."

His friend came beside him. "This is the victor of the 15th games, eh?"

The two Peacekeepers exchanged unimpressed glances. "She's tinier than I expected."

Pearl scoffed, shaking her head. She knew that Peacekeepers would ultimately be an obstacle. They always were.

"I don't have time for this," Pearl mumbled.

"You don't?"

"Well as I said, I'm taking a train to the Capitol to assassinate the president. So, move."

Both of them prepared their weapons. The tall Peacekeeper grabbed Pearl by the arm. "Get back to Victor's Village, or else there will be consequences."

"I don't think I will."

Pearl suddenly broke out of his grasp, kicking him so hard that the wind was knocked out of him. He fell backwards, and knocked over his friend in the process. Before either could get up, Pearl grabbed the tall one's gun, and hit both of them hard with it.

Pearl looked down at the two unconscious men proudly. Suddenly, that pride turned into guilt. Memories flashed back to her. Her trident going into the tribute's chest.

Pearl wouldn't kill them. She wasn't a killer. Pearl Bazin is not a true killer. She is not cold-hearted. She only kills when she has to.

The victor took a deep breath before walking towards the entryway to the train station, gun in hand.

Pearl was alarmed when she heard the sound of footsteps, which were eventually paired with a voice.

"I knew you would try to come and find me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439K 15.5K 22
❝if a victor is considered desirable, the president gives them as a reward or allows other people to buy them for an exorbitant amount of money. if y...
55.5K 1.7K 31
She hated him. She wanted to smash his chiseled face into bits. The problem was that, more than that, she wanted to kiss him. Between the two optio...
423K 8.6K 112
β€’ pre-hunger games -> post-mockingjay pt 2 β€’ Finnick Odair X female OC β€’I edit as I post the chapters (if I can be bothered) A story in which two...
45.2K 807 25
Two district 4 citizens trying to survive in Panem as victors with an unspoken love dwindling between them. She tries her best to not let her love fo...