Adopted By Malum

By Allena5SOS

"So.. I was adopted by a guitarist and a bassist in a band?" "Pretty much." "Cool." More

Adopted by Malum
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Five

7K 290 217
By Allena5SOS

Sophia's point of view

It was five am and I was up, drying my hair with a blow dyier and getting ready to straighten the mess of curls. I straighten it so much, I don't think any of the guys know what it looks like naturally.

Once I finished drying it, I grabbed my already heated straighter and began straightening my hair. The song 'Same Love' by Macklemore and Miranda Lambert played from my phone.

When I finished my hair, it was almost six in the morning. I sighed and then brushed my hair out once again before unplugging everything and setting them aside. I tightened my towel around me and then stepped into my room.

I went to my closet and grabbed a sleeveless denim jacket and all black converse high-tops. I closet the closet door and then went to the dresser to grab a black tank-top and a pair of black skinny jeans. I hummed along to the song that was now playing and quickly grabbed some undergarments from my nightstand.

I droped the towel and then quickly got dressed. I grabbed a pair of socks and pulled them on before lacing my converse up. I went to the bathroom and then grabbed my phone, turning it off and stuffing it in my pocket.

I grabbed my backpack and then made my way downstairs. None of the guys were up yet but that's okay. They didn't need to be up for another ten minutes or so.

I dropped my backpack on the couch and then went to the kitchen. I grabbed a bowl and the cereal. After I poured a bowl, I poured some milk and then grabbed a spoon.

I took a bite and then pulled my phone out. I noticed that as soon as I finished my cereal that I had to wake up Calum or Michael. I put my phone away and then continued eating until it was empty.

I quickly washed it once I finished and then made my way up to Calum's room. I opened his door and noticed both of them were in there. I went up to Calum and began to shake him.

"Calum." I said and he hummed. "It's time to wake up. You have to drive me to school." I said and he nodded. I waited for a second and he pulled away from Michael. "If you're too tired to, I can-I can walk."

"No, I forgot you started today. Let me put on some shoes." I nodded and then went to the living room. I grabbed my backpack and then soon Calum was walking downstairs.

"Come on, let's go." He said and I nodded. I followed him to the car and then we got in. "Me and the guys have things to do regarding the band, so is it okay if you walk home? I'll give you the key."

"Yeah, that's fine. It's not very far anyways." I told him and he agreed.

When we got to the school, he parked in front and then handed me the key. "I'll see you at five Sophia. Have a good day."

"See you later Calum, and you too." I closed the door and then put the key behind my phone case. It fit perfectly.

"Hey Sophia." I heard someone say and I looked up. I saw the guy from yesterday and I smiled. "Where's your friend?"

"I don't know. I forgot to tell her to meet me in the front." I said and he nodded. He asked if I wanted to hang out with him and I shrugged. "Sure."

He lead me to his friends and I waved. "Jacob, Victor, this is Sophia. She's new and I met her while she was enrolling yesterday." He said and squirmed a bit as they stared up and down.

I'd hate to sound self-absorbed but like Michael said, some people's bodies mature quicker than others. Mine was one. I didn't like it though because guys always did this. It made me uncomfortable.

"Damn."

"Um, can you please stop?" I asked but they continued looking. Kevin told them to stop and they did. Over the shoulder of one of the boys, Victor I think, I saw Makenna. "Um, excuse me."

I left the group and made my way over to her. "Hey Makenna." I said and she turned around. She smiled and fixed her jacket.

"Hi Sophia." She said. "What were you doing with them?" She asked and I turned around to see her motioning to the guys I was just with.

"Oh um, I met Kevin yesterday while Michael and Calum were enrolling me. He told me I could hang out with him but his friends stare too much." I said and she nodded.

I almost giggled as I heard Kevin scolding his friends for making me uncomfortable.

"Hi baby." Someone said and it was some guy who wasn't even attractive. He also looked like he was seventeen. "Who's your friend?" He asked Makenna and she was frozen.

"Um, it seems as if she doesn't want you here." I told him, not liking how she seemed scared. "Please leave." I said.

"Of course she wants me here," he said and grabbed her by the waist. You could see her eyes water. "Don't tell me what my girlfriend wants."

Girlfriend? It seems as if she's fucking scared of you.

"All I am saying is she seems unconfortable." I said and looked at her. "Come on, I need your help with my classes." She nodded and slipped away from the boy.

"What classes do you have?" She asked me once we were away from him.

"You're dating that?"

"My mum literally forced me to because he's 'attractive', has money, and our parents are best friends." She told me and I grimaced. "Can we change the subject please?" She asked and I nodded. It seemed like there was more to the story but I left it.

"My schedule is in my backpack." I said and she reached in my backpack to pull it out. She gasped and cheered as we had the same first class, guitar class, and french class.

"Come on, let's get to Algebra."

-

I sat by her at lunch, just us two. "Did I tell you," I piped up and she looked at me. "You look really professional, as if you're working and such."

"My mum makes sure I dress like this all the time so I get used to it. My whole closet is filled with skirts and dresses." She said and I scrunched my face up in disgust. "I have a few jeans and shorts and stuff but not a lot."

"I don't wear dresses or skirts." I said and she chuckled. "I don't like them. They made me feel exposed."

"You get used to it after awhile." She said and smiled. Suddenly, the guy walked over and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "S-So, you just wear jeans and shorts all the time?"

"Yeah, they're comfortable. If you ever need to borrow a pair you can. Michael bought me a lot of them." I said and she nodded.

"Kenna sweetie, can I talk to you?" She didn't get to answer. He literally forced her out of her seat and away to somewhere else.

I really wanted to just punch him in the nose.

"Hey, I'm sorry about my friends, they have no self control." Kevin said and I nodded. "Can I sit with you?"

"I don't know, can you?" I asked and he laughed. I nodded and he took a seat. "It's fine, I was just as bit uncomfortable with all the staring."

"Like I said, they have no self control. They're annoying. I don't know why I'm friends with them." He said and I chuckled. "Anyways, Makenna eh?"

"What about her?"

"She doesn't have many friends. I don't really see her around anyone besides that dick of a boyfriend." He said. "Whenever she is around someone, he pulls her away. It happens all the time."

"Oh." I said and pushed the food on my plate around. He told me more about him, saying he was actually in year 11 and captain of the football team.

"Usually the captain's of the football team are hot but that is cleary not the case here." I laughed and he smiled. "He's like the human form of Shrek."

I laughed and then saw his friends pointing at us. "Makenna is pretty though. I don't know what she sees in him. He's not attractive on the outside or the inside." He said and I chuckled.

"Didn't seem so when I met him this morning." I said and ran a hand through my hair. "I don't like him at all." He laughed and agreed with me.

Makenna came back and took a seat beside me. "Are you okay?" I asked her and Kevin awkwardly told me he was going back to his friends. "See you later."

"I'm fine-"

"You look like you're about to cry." I said softly and grabbed her face. I wiped her tears and I could feel someone staring at me. "Are you sure?"

"I-I no." She said and I gave her a hug, despite not knowing her too well. It's like the girl code. When a girl is crying you ask her what's wrong and comfort her.

"Come on, let's throw this away and go to the bathroom... wherever it is." I said and she laughed. She nodded and we grabbed our trays. We dumped them and then we went to the bathroom, well, I followed her.

When we walked in, no one was in here and she gave me another hug. I hugged her back and she sniffled into my tank-top. I rubbed her back and laid my head on top of hers since I was taller by quite a bit.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked and she shook her head. "You just need a hug?" She nodded and I tightened my grip on the small blonde. "Then a hug is what you shall receive."

-

When school ended, Kevin had asked me for my number as soon as he saw me. "Um yeah sure." I said and grabbed a pen, writing it on his arm. He thanked me and told me he'd call me later. I nodded and then began to walk home.

"Sophia, wait!" I turned around and then saw Makenna. I smiled smally and then we walked together. "You walk?" She asked me.

"Just today, but I might ask if I could walk to and from school for now on." I said and she chuckled. "It's not even that far away." I said and she agreed.

I took my jacket off and held it as we walked home. "The guys aren't here?" She asked and I shook my head. "Where did they go?"

"It had something to do with their job." I said and she nodded. "Would to like you come in for a bit?" I asked and she told me she couldn't.

"My mum would have to know you and meet your parents but she's homophobic so..." She said sadly and I nodded, telling her it's okay.

"We can just chill out here then." I said and she nodded. "Here, so you don't ruin your skirt." I set my jacket on the floor and she moved in before sitting down.

"It's okay, I have a lot of these." I nodded and then my phone buzzed. I picked it up and she pulled her own phone, seeing someone texted her.

'Hey um we're going to be home sooner than expected' was all it read and I told them that was fine.

"My parents are coming home early." I said at the same time she sighed out, "My mum is going to be working late."

"Like I said, you can come over and then go home before they get home. You live like a yard away." I said and she laughed. She told me she couldn't and I nodded.

"But you can come to mine for a bit." She said and I shrugged. The guys wouldn't mind, would they? They're pretty chill so I don't think so.

"Yeah, I can." I said and she stood up. I did the same and I followed her up to her house. She unlocked the door and I followed her in.

"It's so modern," I said and she chuckled. "It's nice though. I like the black and white theme."

"My mum chose it because it's classy and shows profession." She told me and I followed her up to her room. "It's really pink, I hope you don't mind." I shook my head and she opened the door.

"Your room is so much cleaner than mine." I said and she laughed. "I don't even think my room as a floor." She set her blazer on the bed and I just put my own jacket back on.

"I'm sure it does. If not you would have been swallowed up by it." She said and I laughed. "Oh um, I have to take this." She said as he phone rang. I nodded and she stepped out.

My phone buzzed and I hummed. I pulled it out and it was a text from Calum asking where I was. I told him I was next door and he asked me what I was doing here. I told him I was with my friend and then put my phone away.

"No no no, Derrick I-"

"No, don't. Okay. You can-You can come."

When she walked back into the room, the doorbell rang. "I have to go, um Calum wants me home now." She nodded and walked me downstairs.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" She asked hopefully and I smiled. She opened the ront door and I looked at her.

"I'll he gives you a hard time, tell me okay? I heard you talking to him. I'm literally a house away and a phone call away." She nodded and I gave her a hug.

"Sophia, come on. We have to go, Michael's freaking out." He told me and I nodded. I waved to Makenna and then glared at the red car that pulled up into her driveway.

"What were you thinking? What if her parents were crazy?" Calum asked me once we went into our yard. He opened the front door and we walked in.

"Her parents weren't home. They were out working. It was just us two. She's with her boyfriend now." I said and rolled my eyes.

"Don't do that again okay?" He asked and I nodded. "Wait, she's home alone with her boyfriend? Was he that guy in the red sports car?" I shrugged and he looked confused. "A fourteen year old can't drive..."

"It's probably a family member or something. Her boyfriend was there already." I said and he agreed. I didn't want to tell him everything, or anything, because it wasn't my story to tell. Besides, a fourteen year old and a seventeen year old may seem strange to some people.

"Michael wasn't freaking out, I just needed you to come with me." He said and I rolled my eyes. "How was school?" He asked me as he took my backpack.

"It's cool. I made some friends and got yelled at because I guess I look like some other chick." I said and he laughed. "I'm hungry too. I didn't eat lunch. It looked like the jail food they serve in the movies."

"School food was always disgusting, I see your point. Want a sandwhich?" I nodded and he told me he'd make me one. "Put your stuff and go change into something more comfortable."

I grabbed my backpack and then went up to my room. I threw the bag on the floor and then kicked my shoes off. I stripped down and then grabbed a pair of black shorts. I pulled them on and then slipped and black Eminem shirt. I took my socks off and then ran back downstairs after putting my phone drop my jeans' pocket into my shorts' pocket.

"There's a million of us just like me, who cuss like me, who just don't give a fuck like me, who dress like me, walk talk and act like me, it just might be the next big thing, but not quite me," I rapped and Luke looked at me. "Cause I'm Slim Shady, yes I'm the real Slim Shady, all you other Slim Shadys are just imitating, so won't the real Slim Shady please stand up, please stand up, please stand up?"

"Cause I'm Slim Shady, yes I'm the real Slim Shady, all you other Slim Shadys are just imitating, so won't the real Slim Shady please stand up, please stand up, please stand up?" Luke rapped aswell standing up and I laughed. Michael looked at us weird, along with Ashton, and you could hear Calum laughing.

"So will the real Shady please stand up and put one of those fingers on each hand up and be proud to be out of your mind and out of control and one more time, loud as you can, how does it go?" We rapped together and Michael laughed as we raised our middle fingers.

He shrugged and stood up as he rapped with us. I knew Ashton was recording this so I waved and danced a bit. Ashton laughed at us and I smiled, laughing a bit aswell.

"Your sandwhich." Calum said and I thanked him. I grabbed it and took a bite after Ashton finished recording and we finished songing. "Can you rap 'Lose Yourself'?"

"Calum no-"

"Snap back to reality, oh there goes gravity, oh there goes rabbit, he choked, he's so mad, but he won't give up that easy, no," Luke rapped, cutting Michael off. I handed my sandwhich to Michael and looked at Calum.

"Damn right, I can rap this." I said and looked at Luke. We stood in front of eachother and I began singing with him. "You better lose yourself in the music, the moment, you own it, you better never let it go, you only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow, this opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo."

We smiled and clapped to the beat of the song as we rapped, the others watching us amused. I was waiting to see this on instagram or twitter or something. We alternated solos and I saw Calum roll his eyes.

"That is your daughter and your best friend." Calum said to Michael and I tried not to laugh.

"Shut up, your name is on the papers too and you're the reason I even befriended Luke." Michael shot back to him.

"Shut up because they're actually good and this is going on Twitter." Ashton scolded the two and I laughed.

When we finished, we high-fived and the other three laughed. "Luke's going to end up leave our band to drop a mixtape. Just like Zayn did." Ashton said and Michael glared at him.

"Too fucking soon Irwin."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14b By 💍

Fanfiction

395 2 13
"It's just you and me now Carter."
5.2K 227 49
*STILL WRITING AND EDITING* *REQUESTS ARE WELCOME* A collection of oneshots, imagines and preferences containing Calum, Michael, Ashton and Luke
129K 4K 39
In which an ordinary girl, finds her voice in an extraordinary way.
1M 31.9K 60
"I was nothing but a publicity stunt? Something to keep your band from hitting rock bottom? W-What?" "We're sorry-" "You're not. You don't care. If y...