𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇 πŒπ„, π’πˆπ‘

By AnneClinton

Meet Hailey McAdams, a star student known for her sharp mind and bold words. She never guessed that her quiet... More

AESTHETICS
1|See You Again
2|New Destinations
3|Oh Boy, Karma Is A Bitch!
4|Devil As A Teacher
5|You're Impossible
6|I Wanna Be Yours
7|The Fault In My Stars
8|Not Again, Ugh!
10|I'm Sorry
11|Cloudy With A Chance Of Rain
12|Trouble In Paradise?
13|Impenetrable
14|Covetousness
15|I Like Your Smile
16|She's Back
17|Pangs
18|A Forbidden Temptation
19|Whispers Of Desire
20|Dawn's Secret : Silent Glances & Untold Vows
21|Melodies Of Longing
22|Whispers In The Rain
23|Hearts On Fire

9| When Did I Say I Hated You?

258 7 18
By AnneClinton

"You Distract Me,But I'm distracted Without You" - Tatiana Manaois

Chapter Theme Song: Helplessly (Tatiana Manaois)

••

Annoyed & Pissed.

Wished I could completely describe how I felt after the events of yesterday. Whatever got into me to allow myself in that situation, I didn't fathom. One thing I was sure of was; I will never find myself in the situation I found myself in again.

At least I did well to go through dinner last night without showing any signs of discomfort. I kept my head down most times just listening to the older men talk about nothing - but business.

This morning I got up in torrential mood - Jared had left already and I was going to miss him terribly. Can't wait for him to move here for college. On the other hand, there was school and Physics class today. Am I not lucky?

I got ready for school, and was happy when I got a text from Chase about picking up my coffee at the coffee shop. He's a lifesaver, what would I have done without him? I pulled up my seatbelts and drove straight to school. Please be good today. Let me have reasons of believing in the universe working in my favor. No awkwardness, no embarrassing situations and no Amelia Earhart superwoman.

"My love, howdy?" If it isn't Chase, turning to face him I collapsed into his welcoming clutch.

"I know you missed me" I inhaled his cologne.

"And why are you smelling all magnificent? You finally confessed your feelings?" Hitting his shoulder with mine.

"I don't have to smell good for no one. Plus, I'm over Christine" okay now, we do have a lot of catching up to do.

"We'll speak more after school. Thanks for the coffee by the way, you're a sweetheart "

"Ofcourse baby. Anything for you, pookie bear"

"And where could Jade be? "I looked around for any sign of her but none.

We'd to head to homeroom class, she will eventually show up. Jade will always show up, no matter how late she gets. Except today I was wrong, as we finished homeroom class and were on our way to physics class, we came face to face with Stanley.

"Hailey, before you say anything, I want you to know I'm truly sorry about Friday night. I tried getting your contact from Jade, but she wouldn't badge "

"It's okay, Stanley. I understand you weren't in the right frame "

"Thanks. I meant the part I said, I like you"

"Stanley. You're a great guy, and you'll find someone eventually. I appreciate your honesty though" he looked disturbed and pained.

"Have you seen Jade around?" Switching the topic.

"She locked herself in her room refusing to come out" did something happen to her? Did her brother's best friend do something?

"Why?" Both Chase and I collided.

"She hooked up with my best friend. And he dumped her the following day after she allowed him have his way with her. I always warned her about my friends " his face was full of rage, I knew he would not mind going after his best friend.

"We'll see her after school. Please don't get into any trouble " I held his hand before we left to class.

The class I was looking forward to the whole time. You might be wondering why I was still here. It's that simple, he couldn't transfer me out of his class, because my father had specifically asked him to watch over me at school. Pfft as if I needed a babysitter. At least this was one thing I was thankful for.

"Are you sure about being here? Your father's aren't here you know" I told Chase about meeting Mr Torres and his family over the weekend,he made such a big fuzz over it.

"Yeah. Don't worry"

"And when you tie him down, don't forget I'm going to be your biggest cheerleader and guy of honor" he purred and I had to silence him before any of the hungry itchy ears of classmates heard any of it.

It was as if he knew when to strat into the class. With his dark grey suit pant, leather belt, white inner shirt and dark grey suit jacket, his hair gelled back - some partly spread apart to give him that sharp edgy evened trimmed hair. Holding his overpriced messenger bag, did he always have to look clean cut and expensive? Who am I kidding? Coming from the family he belonged to, why wouldn't he show for it. Aside he also works to add up and multiple his own wealth and family's.

"Good day, class. I believe each one of us is meant to be here? "

"Yes, Sir" we chorused. He seemed a little relaxed - not too uptight as his usual perfume.

"Before we start today's lesson, there are few things I have to say. One, about the weekend assignment - majority of you submitted on time. The rest who felt the need to flaunt the rules, saw it best to still submit theirs knowing fully well, the time for submissions was past. I just want you to know, your work wasn't received and I'll take it as you failed the assignment"

Usually I'd cuss him inwardly, yet not this time, he did tell us before. It was up to us to complete and turn in the assignment before the deadline. This was our own crosses to bare. And as I had told myself, I was not going to put myself in anymore humiliating positions with him again.

"We start with linear momentum" and he began with a brief introduction before discussing with the class. A few girls behind with gasps and wows erupting from their lips.

It's either he woke up at the right side of his bed or something was definitely weird about him. He hardly tormented anyone and it was strange, even Chase was perplexed.

"There's something different about Mr Torres today. He's different - in a good way of course"Chase mumbled.

"Maybe he hit his head" it just came out and Chase without warning burst out laughing.

"Is something funny with what I said, Mr Davis ? Or do you care to share with the rest of the class what is making you laugh?" Holding my laughter so as not to land myself in trouble.

"No sir, I'm sorry "seeing him turn red was funnier than anything right this instance.

"Don't apologize to me. You should apologize to yourself for getting lottery numbers on every test" he's still the same, can never change.

I shot him an apologetic glance which he returned. He was used to it being robbed in his face. Which would be the last of such shitty set of circumstances, we were beginning our private tutoring today after returning from Jade's house. How I wished his pants would get clocked and ripped off. His shiny shoes hitting the surface of the floor with each step he made. How can one person be this mean at the same time sarcastic with his responses? God, this is exhausting.

"Ms. McAdams"

Whatever made him think he could speak to his students the way he does? Is it because he is the best teacher, he feels he can talk to his students anyhow he pleases? Or was it because of how the female students and teachers fanned over him? He is just self conceited and egotistical, nothing would ever make him change.

"Hailey"

I jolted up in my seat, when I realized he's been trying to capture my attention for a while. How long has he been calling out my name? Shit, I'm screwed. He'd definitely not spare me a moment of another thunderous embarrassment.

"Sir?" My voice shook a bit, avoiding his hooded eyes altogether.

"You can be the best student of this institution, but it doesn't give you the privilege not to pay attention in my class. If you want to continue being in this class, you'll pay attention"

I just adjusted in my seat and nodded, I was on the blink of tearing up. One thing I hated was being yelled at in a class full of judgemental teenagers. Especially when it had to do with my IQ - making it seem like I saw myself above everyone else. Chase elbowed me, it helped a bit. Biting my lower lip to stop the tears from rolling down my cheeks, I looked straight on the whiteboard.

I just want this class to be over so I can leave his presence. The mere sight of him tore my chest apart, it triggered the last emotion in me. And I don't want to break down in front of him, it would show him how much his words affected me. Which will only increase his sarcasm and taunts. I could never show my raw self when he's around. Rather I'd hide the hurt behind a smile or forced happiness.

Today, I was thankful the bell listened and it went to signal the end of class. Everyone started piling out of class, Chase and I were the last two to leave the class. Without looking back we went straight into the parking space. Our classes for today were over, the English teacher had sent an information about cancelling today's meeting. To say I was relieved would be an understatement, you'd never understand how I yearned to leave the walls of this school building.

"You shouldn't let him get to you" Chase noticed the sour expression on my face.

"I try not to, but why does he always have to downplay me everytime in class? "

He put his right hand around me and drew me closer.

"I understand how you feel. Trust me, I've had to deal with a lot worse than Mr Torres. Block out his words next time, don't focus on his moving lips" he shared.

"Thank you, Chase. You're a good friend, let's head over to Jade's then we go back to my place for today's lesson"

We followed the route carefully, Chase agreed to drive us both - I handed him my car keys.
It didn't take us long to get there, it was less jammed up. Luckily for us, Stanley was home. He was walking around the house, scratching the back of his head.

"Hey, Stanley what's wrong?" We went closer to him.

"Jade tried to poison herself "

What! How ? Puzzled and dumbfounded.

"What do you mean?" Chase asked the question.

"I got a call from our Nanny to come home quick only to find her unconscious in bed. I quickly carried her to my car and drove us to the hospital "you could see his pharynx glaring as he spoke.

"How's she? What hospital is she in?" I asked him.

"She's unconscious and stable, the doctor advised to let her be under strict supervision for now. We can visit her after three days" oh, I really wanted to see her.

"Did you meet him?"

"I doubt he'd show his face anywhere in school after what I did to him" he did what? Oh God!

"Don't tell me you beat him up"Chase turned him around.

"He deserved what he got" that was the last thing he said. We penned down the hospital address, after imploring him against doing anything hasty then left.

I wouldn't blame her, she fell for the wrong guy. Can't imagine Jared pulling this stunt, I'd be hurt and disappointed; yes - yet it won't be enough to take my life. Like Mom will always say, " What is meant for you won't kill you".

Hence we drove to my place (Chase was the one driving, he asked his friend from the school's basketball team to bring it once they were done with practice). I couldn't wait to get home, I was famished to say the least. And so, when we parked, I beckoned Chase to double up his steps.

I was never prepared for what I saw when we entered. My Dad was coming back from his office with Mr Torres. How he got here so quick, I didn't want to know. But why would I see him after what transpired today? My Dad noticing the irritated look on face ; "Pumpkin, how was school?" Moving forward to where he stood waiting with wide arms.

"Not bad. How was your day, Dad? "

"Work. Work. As usual. And who's the fine gentleman you came with?"pointing behind where Chase stood.

"He's my friend. We have a personal study, told Mom when you were away. He's Chase"

"Nice to meet you young man. Feel at home alright"

"Sorry about zoning you out Max, my Pumpkin has my attention most times" you don't need to explain yourself to him Dad.

"It's fine, Mr McAdams"

"Hailey, I was headed to the office with Max here, but since you're here, why don't you go upstairs to freshen up and accompany him on my behalf. I still have a lot of work to finish in the office" No. No. I will not do such a thing. I'm sorry Dad, but I will not be seen with him.

"But I have to study with Chase, I can't bail out on him" I needed to come with something hard.

"It's not going to keep you. I'm sure he wouldn't mind waiting a couple of minutes. Right Chase?" Please don't agree.

"I don't mind. When you return Hailey we'll catch up, I'll start something before you get back" I inwardly cussed and reluctantly nodded, dragging him with me.

"Dude, I thought you would side with me. Why did you agree?"walking around in the study hall.

"To give you two an alone time ofcourse"he clicked his fingers in my face.

"I hate you for this!"

"You love me, and I love you more. Better go get changed, I will be right here when you get back"

Rolling and sucking my teeth, I walked to my room to discard the uniform I had on. I needed to take a quick shower, after which I towel dried myself. Leaving my hair in a French bun, picking a casual like slim-fit sweatshirt, grey joggers and an Esplar Sneaker. Checked myself in the full length mirror and I was set to go. I ignored going to tell Chase I was off, which didn't exactly go on as I had thought. He came out right on time as I stepped out heading for the hallway.

Shoving his cheers and thumbs up I walked faster, I wanted this day to be done with already, I needed to get back my sanity.

" You look nice. You always look nice my Pumpkin" yeah, I wished I had wore rags instead.

"Thanks Dad. Shall we?" I didn't spare him a glance. I felt his eyes on me all the same. He exchanged goodbyes with my father, promising to bring me back in good shape. No thank you, I can take care of myself.

We walked to his vehicle in silence, he was polite enough to open the passenger door for me. It still didn't score him a ten out of ten in my books. There's nothing he'd do to get to my good books. Nothing.

"I see you're trying to be a heroine by saving your boyfriend" must he talk?

"First, Chase is not my boyfriend. If you'd know, Jared's my boyfriend not Chase. And yes, I'm going to help him avoid demeaning remarks and taunts from people like you" all the time, you get under my skin.

"I hope you don't bite back your words"

"I'll disappoint you. Chase will excel,you Mr Torres are going to look back in defeat"

"I don't doubt your potential Ms McAdams. I wasn't referring to Chase making it in his academics" he just drove off not finishing what he meant by that. Why would I bite back my words?

Did he know something I didn't? What is there to know about Jared I haven't heard? My mind was bussing with so many irregular conceptions, I wanted answers.

"Why do you hate me?" I don't know what pushed me to ask but I did.

"And why would you think that? Hmm?" He was doing that thing again. The thing he does with his eyes.

"You take delight in proving it all the time. So Sir, why do you hate me?"

"When did I say I hated you? Ms McAdams?" If I wasn't melting like a sac of potato, I'd have retorted. Those eyes God, was it intentional?

"You haven't answered me yet, Ms McAdams "

"Why do you still call me formally? We aren't even in school" oh God Hailey!

"I do not indulge in familiarity with any of my students. Not even you, Ms McAdams "

"Back to being the jerk I know " I didn't intend to be heard yet he did.

"What was that? Ms McAdams?" Looking down at my feet, I didn't dare look up. We were in his car at the parking lot in front of the office building.

"Nothing " still looking down.

"I am a jerk, isn't it?" Please bury me  alive, screw me.

~

😊😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.4K 1.7K 54
Yn. the perfect scholar girl. Her parents died in a car accident when she was 13 and has lived with her aunt since then. doesn't have anyone else bes...
2.8M 70.7K 100
18+| COMPLETEβœ”οΈ "Ali..." He sighed, his breath tickling the skin of Alison's neck. He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, admiring her beauty, ho...
134K 2.7K 41
Ireal Isabella Angelis- Young bubbly girl,full of life. The families joy, cherish by her family and friends. Straight A student,never breaks any rule...
872K 29K 34
"Your mouth may say you hate me," he whispered, "But your hands...they say otherwise." His eyebrows raised pointedly at my touch on his chest, face w...