𝗜𝗥𝗢𝗡 𝗗𝗔𝗚𝗚𝗘𝗥 - 𝗙𝗢�...

By f4iryneoo

❝ 𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝𝐲, 𝐚 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭�... More

author's note
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
epilogue
note

twenty

831 16 2
By f4iryneoo

challenges had started up again, amelia had finished her challenge which she won over a girl in second wing. she was done for the day and was watching over maeve along with ridoc, violet, and liam. ridoc and liam weren't challenged today, while rhiannon and sawyer were over at a different mat and violet was challenged. 

 " come on maeve, remember your training! " liam yelled

she was going up against a girl from third wing, maeve was doing a lot better than before but she was going to need a miracle if she was going to win. 

amelia so badly wanted to shout advice to her, but knew she could get in trouble if she did. she nervously watched as the girl had maeve pinned. 

 " remember what we taught you! " ridoc shouted. 

 " kick her ass " violet said. 

maeve's eyes met with amelia's, she nodded at maeve almost seemingly telling what to do and how to get out of the hold the girl had her in. maeve nodded and did what amelia would have done to get out of the hold. 

 " that's it, now tighten " amelia said, maeve had girl in a chokehold. 

she smiled watching maeve, the girl might actually get a win today against someone who was a good fighter in her squad. 

 " i yield! " the girl shouted.

ridoc, sawyer, violet, and amelia screamed at those words and maeve came off the mat. she was thankful for all the help she had gotten from all of them, especially amelia and imogen who taught her the most. 

 " i knew you could do it " violet said hugging maeve. 

 " i learned from some of the best " 

they were all celebrating maeve's win when the professor had announced another fight,  " mat seventeen, jack barlowe from first wing versus...." violet and amelia looked at each other knowing it was going to be her.  " violet sorrengail "

the blood on liam's face drained while amelia, ridoc, and maeve looked at each other. it wasn't going to end in either violet kicking the shit out of jack or him killing her. 

 " no fucking way " ridoc mutters, shaking his head. 

amelia just crossed her arms and glared a jack who was celebrating, if it came to it then she would use her shield signet to help violet but it could also be risky. 

  " finally! " jack said throwing his arms in the air. 

violet was ready, but it still worried liam because he was supposed to be her protector and the third-years along with the second-years aren't here. 

 " you can do it vi " maeve said patting her back, violet gave her a smile and nodded. 

liam turned to ridoc, " guard her like you're me " he said as the group was walking. 

 " you mean like i'm six inches taller and built like a bull? " ridoc grinned, amelia snorted a little which ridoc gave her small for finding his comment funny. 

liam then turned to amelia and smiled, " if he hurts her, kill him " he patted amelia's head. 

he knew that amelia wouldn't allow jack to hurt violet, the elsher girl would gladly kill barlowe if he did. 

 " don't worry, i already know 150 different ways to do it without my signet " amelia smiled. 

eventually liam had to leave, but not before congratulating maeve one more time to which maeve blushed. amelia noticed the redness on her cheeks and smiled knowing that she was going to talk to her later about it. 

 " barlowe and sorrengail, weapons? " professor emetterio calls from the opposite side of the mat.

jack was thrilled about going against violet, so much so that he even looked and amelia then smirked. " watch while i enjoy hurting her "

amelia shot barlowe the finger, " careful barlowe, don't get cocky now " she smirked back at him.

 " no wielding, tap out or knockout earns you a victory " emetterio said looking at jack then at violet. 

pretty much everyone gathered to watch this fight, mainly because jack had been talking about this since day one. 

 " keep it clean " emetterio warns. " go "

at first violet and jack just circle each other, that's until jack lunges with his knife until violet's dagger sliced the back of his hand. he didn't expect her to be fast with daggers. 

 " shit! " barlowe said while jumping back.

amelia smiled as violet was able to duck his knife, he was pretty pissed until he caught her off guard and jack flipped violet over his back. he went straight for her shoulder, but thanks to imogen's training nothing tore or snapped. 

that's when jack thrust a knife right at violet's chest, her vest was able to spot it for piercing her skin. amelia winced and ridoc was pissed, maeve was worried that he was actually going to stab her. 

 " he's using death blows, that's not allowed! " ridoc shouted. 

 " pull it back, barlowe! " professor emetterio says. 

jack had violet immobile with her arm pinned behind her back, " admit it. you and i both knew it would be between us. quick. embarrassingly easy. fatal. your precious wingleader isn't here to save you "

 " it's only between us because you don't have enough balls to get your ass kicked in by amelia again " violet smirked and kicked him right in the balls. 

amelia smirked and violet momentarily turned to her best friend then smirked at her. jack was currently on his knees in pain holding his balls. 

jack managed to get up, he was throwing punches and kicks that surpised violet, his knee rams into her stomach but she doesn't go down. he grabs hold of violet's face while she she starts to scream from the pain. 

his signet was inflicting pain on others, but what he didn't know was amelia's signet was shield. violet's vision was darkening as he had a sadistic grin appear on his face. 

  " he's using his powers! " ridoc shouted. 

maeve looked at amelia who was focusing on violet, suddenly the pain that violet was feeling had stopped and she looked at amelia who winked at her. letting her know that pain stopped because of her. 

suddenly, jack drops to the ground clutching his airway that was closing. while amelia was shielding violet from the pain, violet had shoved a vial of orange into his mouth. 

violet's knees had given out, ridoc and maeve had run to her to make sure she was okay. amelia knew about violet's little plan which is why she wasn't worried about her at all. 

 " breathe, sorrengail. just breathe " ridoc said helping violet. 

 " what the hell is wrong with him? " someone asks. 

violet looked at maeve and ridoc, amelia had already joined her side as well. 

 " oranges, he's allergic to oranges " violet whispered before passing out. 

ridoc had scooped up violet and was planning to take her to the healers, " maeve stay here and tell others what happened, lia come with me "  

both girls nodded as he walked out with violet, amelia was right behind ridoc who was trying to hurry on getting towards the healers. if anything happened to her when ridoc was in charge then xaden and liam would surely have his ass. 

⚔︎

violet had woken up a few hours later, xaden offered to stay with her which allowed ridoc and amelia to leave. she was doing okay and the wound in her arm was stitched up, but luckily amelia's signet had saved her ass. 

amelia was currently sitting on bodhi's bed reading while he was at his desk doing work. she had heard from xaden and garrick that if her squad wins the challenge battle then they will be sent on a mission. 

it looked so far that her squad was going to win, they had a high number of wins. if they were to win then she would be apart from bodhi for about a week or more. she didn't know how things would work out for them because of their dragons. 

would he visit her or would she fly back to the college to visit him? either way it scared the shit out of amelia not having him around for a while. 

amelia had sighed and closed her book, she was reading about signets as she was still trying to understand her mental flashes. bodhi had seen the book and didn't want to question her, he thought was researching her shield signet. 

she had gotten of bodhi's bed, she had on long sweat pants dragging on the floor and one of bodhi's shirts that looked more like a dress on her. amelia went over to him as she was focused on his work. 

 " yes, princess? " bodhi said. 

he hadn't looked at her, but it was obvious that she wanted something from him. amelia climbed into bodhi's lap with her facing him. 

bodhi was surpised by her actions because normally she wasn't this clingy, but after thinking about being apart from him for days she couldn't help be like this. 

 " what is it my love? " bodhi said wrapping one arm around her waist while he continues to do his work. 

 " just thinking about if my squad wins the challenges and if we have to be apart from each other for who knows who long " amelia said placing her head on his shoulder. 

bodhi kissed the top of her head, " hey, it doesn't matter how long we're apart from each other. we'll always find our back to each other, no matter how far or how long. we're meant to be together " 

she nodded and kissed his cheek,  " if you don't mind, i'm just going to stay here for a while "

 " you can stay here for as long as you want, but it's only for you " bodhi laughed a little. 

amelia smiled and started to play with his brown locks, she placed her forehead against his. 

 " good because i'll hurt any who tries to sit here " 

he peck her lips and stopped doing his work, this is why the others get mad at him because he was completely, utterly whipped for amelia. bodhi would drop everything if amelia called for him. even if he was meeting the damn king, he would do anything for her.

 " i'll let you finish your work " amelia said getting off bodhi's lap then she moved his hair out of his forehead to press a kiss there. 

 " where are you going? " bodhi said watching amelia put on a pair of shoes. 

she smiled at him and walked up to him before placing another kiss to his cheek,  " i'm going to talk with maeve "

bodhi nodded as amelia opened his bedroom door and walked out, " be careful "

amelia nodded and closed his door behind her, she had a mission to talk to maeve about why she was so red when liam had praised her. 

she made her way towards the first-year rooms and knocked on maeve's who was near sawyer and ridoc's rooms. maeve opened the door and looked surpised to see amelia there. 

 " hi, lia. what are you doing here? " maeve said allowing amelia to enter her room. 

 " i wanted to talk to you about liam, do you like him? " amelia said looking at maeve who's cheeks went red. 

that alone told amelia everything, " y-yes, but i think he likes a scribe " maeve said. 

  " the best thing to do is take a chance on it, i know its scary because it was scary for me as well but just try it, you'll never know what could happen "

a smile appeared on maeve's face, " thank you, i think i will "

amelia smiled and nodded, she hoped that liam could find someone especially when her and him almost happened. it was weird turn of events but she felt bad about leaving liam to be with bodhi. 

 " good luck " amelia said before walking back towards bodhi's room. she honestly just wanted to confirm her feeling with maeve that's all amelia wanted to talk about. 

a couple of seconds later, she had entered bodhi's room where he was still working. 

 " well, that was fast " bodhi said turning around in his chair. 

 " i just needed to confirm if maeve liked liam and i was correct " amelia said talking off her shoes and slipped into bed. he was planning to join her soon as he was almost done with his work. 

 " matchmaker? " bodhi smiled

she nodded and pouted at her boyfriend, he shook his head and left his desk to join her in bed.  " i think they would cute together " amelia said turning to him. 

 " cuter than us? " bodhi said jokingly. 

  " no one is cuter than us " amelia smiled at him and he pressed a kiss to her to cheek. 

this was perfect to amelia, having a hella amazing dragon, having amazing friends and violet is still alive, having an amazing boyfriend, and her signets. life was perfect for her, this was perfect for her but little did she know, life was about to come crashing down. 

-

a/n:

we only have 3 more chapters and a epilogue before the book ends, i'm so sad but i will start on book two shortly after this one ends. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8K 1.7K 35
Wren's life seemed forever changed when she joined the Riders Quadrant....Until she went and fell in love with Liam Mairi. His death ruined her, the...
23.7K 1.1K 13
Aithne Melgren has been in the shadows too long. She has been forgotten, she has been ignored. But she goes for the Riders Quadrant in hopes to escap...
31.7K 1.2K 17
Belladonna Sorrengail, twin sister to Violet, decided to follow her sister to the riders quadrant instead of going to the healers quadrant. Kind of...
3.2K 199 16
War has broken out between countries and when Oriel has to make a risky trip to the battlefield she's given a new personal bodyguard. Ash who is away...