Forever Connected

Από authoravu

Aisha Arora The heart of the Aroras, the only child of Agam and Nisha Arora she has always been the cool calm... Περισσότερα

CHARACTERS
Playlist<3
Author's note
Prologue
Do-Do Bhabhiyan
His barbie girl
Fikkar
Banna-Banni
Kutta
The 'Jorda'
Dramebaaz
The Reception
Sach
The Drama
Ring Shopping
Preperations
Ready than ever
Fiance's
The dinner
I'm sorry
Sonhi de nakhre
Apology
Until...
A kid?
Lean on me
Chinkankari
Chaabi
Takeshi's Castle?
Pooja

Love?

64 4 0
Από authoravu

AADVIK
The next morning I woke up to a weight on my body and opened my eyes to see a beautiful face on my chest. My lips tugged at the thought of last night. As if on que the doorbell rings throughout the room waking me up even further. The sun glimmered lightly through the floor to ceiling windows covering the walls of Aisha's penthouse.

The bell rang again putting me into action. I tried moving out from under her body but quickly went against it realising it was better waking her up myself rather than stirring her awake. Before I could try waking her up the bell rang for the third time jerking Aisha awake.

She snapped up putting her hands on my chest for support but then layed back down nuzzling her face into my chest.

"That's Shilpa aunty, can you open it?" She mumbled the words.

"Okay but can you move a bit so I can actually get up?" I laughed as she slid off and curled up on the other side of the couch.

I went to the gate and peeped through the peep hole to see a woman in her 50s clad in a frown. Aisha told me about Shilpa Aunty a couple days ago, how she'd basically considered Aisha her own daughter but this was my first time meeting her.

Upon opening the door her frown deepend as she pointed me with her gaze. Her eyes travelled across my face as if trying to see through my soul.

"Namaste" I greeted.

"Namaste. Aisha kaha hai?" She asked as she ascended to the kitchen.

By now Aisha had covered herself with a blanket so it was hard to see her on the sofa between the several blankets.

"Oh, so rahi hai wo." I tilted my chin towards the sofa.

Her disapproval deepend as she investigated the sofa with her eyes.

"Itni late tak nahi soti wo usually." Aunty informed me as if speculating that it's my fault she's still sleeping.

"Hanji par wo hum late soye the." My jittery voice came out. I felt like I was meeting Aisha's mom by the way Shilpa Aunty scrutinized me.

She gave a curt nod before starting with her work. I moved towards the couch where I took off the blanket from Aisha's face. Her hair covered her entire face so I swiped it away before picking her up, making sure the blanket still covers her as I take her into the room I assume was hers by the clothes all over the closet.

My room was as clean as newly painted white walls and ironically also had simple white walls while hers was messy and  bright with colours and pictures of her with friends and family.
In the middle of a photo wall in her hallway I saw a pretty big photo frame right at the centre.

It was the family picture of all of us at our engagement. She beamed at the camera while Vedant pinched both her cheeks from  behind the sofa, Niya's arms came from behind my neck joining at my chest while Ruhi stood in the middle of my two sibling making 'v's with her fingers as if devil horns behind Aisha and my heads. Maa and Papa sat on either side of me and Isha on the sofa with huge smiles.

It might be how this photo stood out from all the others because of it's size or the fact she hung it despite the fact she'll be moving in two weeks but my heart jumped with love looking at the frame.

"You make her happy." Shilpa Aunty's voice came from beside me bringing me out of my thoughts. I looked away from the frame and towards her.

I gave her a small smile since I had no idea how to answer to that.

"Mai usse do saal se jaanti hu. Ek ek aadat, achi ya buri jaanti hu uski. Tumhare aane se pehele humesha aisi rehti thi jaise abhi pahad se dhakka maar dega koi. Darr me. Stress me. Par tumhare aane ke baad aisa hai jaise shaanti mil gayi ho. Khush rehti hai. Hasti rehti hai. Tum usse khush karte ho. Aise hi rehna shaadi ke baad bhi. Sorry mai shuru me aise dikhaya ki mujhe tum pasand nahi." She continued.

Her words flowed through me like a waveas she left without letting me say anything else.

By all I've heard Aisha loved Shilpa Aunty and definately valued her opinion and if this is Aunty's opinion then I guess I'm on the right path.

As if on que Aisha walked out of her room rubbing her eyes like a little child and walked past me like I didn't exist.

She plopped herself onto the couch again but now in a sitting position before asking Shilpa Aunty to make chai.

"Goodmorning. You do know I'm here right?" I asked placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Yes. I do, but I don't talk to anyone before I have breakfast and chai." She informed me as she pulled my by my arm and made me sit. She made herself comfortable against my shoulder and gripped my biceps tight, wrapping her arm around it.

She closed her eyes again before Aunty's voice made her open them again a second later.

"Aisha beta chai and chilla tayar hai. Come on. You too Aadvik." She called out making Aisha stand up.

Her stomach growled as I slid out a chair for her. We sat with Shilpa Aunty while Aisha told her about her appointment for the wedding lehenga with her sister who apperently is a designer in a couple days. When I asked if I can join I was shut down immediately saying that she wanted the most authentic reaction on out wedding day.

After breakfast we both got ready and said our goodbyes to Aunty before making our way home before we had to go to Aisha's family.

"Aa gaye assistant ke boss!" Mom exclaimed as I entered the dining room.

I touched her and dad's feet before answering.

"Maa, it's not only his fault. Look I posted the same photo too it's my fault too!" Aisha tried to make Mom's anger calm down.

To my surprise Maa looked at her with the sweetest and most genuine smile ever and said, "beta teri galti nahi hai tera post bohut pyaara hai. Ye buddhu maine paida kara tha, galti meri hai aur abh terepe bhi chipka diya." She said accusing me.

My own mother prefers my fiancee over me! Not that I don't understand but still some sympathy would be nice.

Aisha also jumped at her response and went to hug Maa.
"Pucho mat maata kitna pareshaan karta hai ye" she said with a little pout. I narrowed my eyes towards her to which I got a mischievous laugh and a laugh from mom.

Dad's voice broke the silence as Ruhi and Vedant also entered the room.

"Aisha, tumhe office to nahi jaana pard raha naa?" My dad asked her while all of us sat on the dining table.

"Nahi, papa. Shaadi ke 1 week baad tak important meetings online hai." She replied pouring some chai into her cup. One thing I've noticed? She'll never ever be bored of chai. She just had some an hour ago but still fills her cup to the brim.

"Okay. All of you are going to New York tommorow. We've organised an engagement party for you two with all of our buisneess associates. And while you make small talk your parents are gonna be chilling at home." He grinned.

The four of us exchanged looks as if someone had told us horses can fly before finally letting go of our questions.

"Why NYC? Won't the Indian partners have a problem?" Ruhi asked, taking the words out of my mouth.

"Because that's where the important ones are. Do you really think anyone would give up and opportunity to be invited to the engagement party of THE CEO AADVIK AHUJA?" Vedant clarified exaggerating my name.

"True" Ruhi and Aisha nodded.

AISHA
Before I knew it Niya was texting me pictures of dresses for the engagement party. Apperently mom sent her to get something for all three of us girls because she knew I'd be busy plus we fly out tommorow morning so it's not like we have tons of time.

On our groupchat, Ruhi, despite sitting right beside me was texting every second replying on the candidates for my dress.

NIYA: *picture of a dress*

RUHI: fuck off. Aisha, you are NOT going to wear a short poofy dress on your engagement party. I beg you.

I look towards her with a glare as she smiles up and takes a bite of her food.

NIYA: but it's so cute! I'd wear it.

RUHI: get married and have your own party then, my love.

AISHA: do you guys mind actually getting to the point?

I controlled my laugh at their banter.

NIYA: yes, okay.
NIYA: OMG! THIS. IS. THE. ONE.
NIYA: *picture of a dress*

AISHA: yes. get it in my size.
AISHA: goodbye now.

"Why are you guys talking by text while sitting right beside each other?" Aadvik said, it was a whisper only meant for me but somehow Ruhi heard it and replied before I could.

"Because girls are cooler than everyone and we have girlrules that include weighing our opinions on important outfit decisions bhaiya. Plus you'll thank me when your wife looks hot af." And stood up. Aadvik replied in a small nod. She was ready in her scrubs for the hospital and slinged a bag on her shoulder, ready to head out.

"Okay, I'm heading to the hospital. Maa will you come in today?" She asked. Ruhi works at Maa's hospital in Delhi.

"Nahi beta. Mujhe kuch kaam hai but I had a couple of your surgeries moved for today and after you come back so you go and take care of that. Also could you check up on Mrs.Goyal and update me on her asap?" She asked as she stood up to give Ruhi her lunch.

"Okay. Byeee" Ruhi hugged Mom and Dad before moving towards Vedant. He stood up to hug her and gave her a small peck before whispering something into her ear making her cheeks resemble tomatos.

I smiled at their interaction. Ruhi is no doubt the best thing that happened to Vednat and it shows.

After Ruhi left, all of us sat in the living room while I gathered the courage to speak. Maa and Papa still were not aware of the situation with my parents.

Aadvik had offered to be the one speaking but I denied because I should be the one telling them. It's only right.

After giving them a small rundown on my life, somehow without tears I continued to tell them about my parents not attending my wedding.

I was more than grateful for the two men who sat beside me while I spoke. Aadvik held my hand giving gentle squeezes in form of support the entire time while Vedant spoke when I couldn't.

"Beta, hum tujhe ye nahi batayenge tune sahi kiya ya galat. Humari jagah nahi hai wo. But we do tell you that we are always here for you." Papa reassured me. He was the one who spoke the least in this family. Only for any work does he speak but today, his words helped me more than anyone else's could.

I never doubted I'd have their support but the confirmation doesn't hurt.

After talking for a while longer all of us left the house. Aadvik had an important meeting so he dropped me off at Bade Papa's house before informing me he'd come in an hour.

"Wo Ahuja nahi aaya?" Sidharth bhaiya asked. No hi. No hello. Bass apne kaam se matlab.

I give him a glare before moving towards bhabhi.

"Yaar bhabhi itne matlabi insaan se shaadi? Seriously?" I teased making my brother even more angry.

"Ishu, I'm serious." Bhaiya pinned me with a look that meant buisness.

"He's coming. We're going to New York for a formal engagement party tomorrow so he had a meeting rescheduled. Dad ne karaya tha schedule set and he didn't know so yeah. He'll come in an hour or so." I told him after meeting everyone.

Aashi didi pulled me to the side and took me to a balcony after a while. She pulled my arm towards a hallway while I continuously asked what happened. I got no reply till we were sitting down on the swing of her balcony.

"We're talking." She told me as she sat down.

"Umm, okay?" I replied, confused out of my mind.

"Why are you getting married?" She asked getting straight to the point but before I could reply she amended her question.
"Wait. No. Why are you getting married to him?"

I closed my eyes and sighed. While I understand why she's worried it also makes me sad because of the reason she's worried. She also thought she found the one but after her messy divorce it's clear it wasn't the best marriage. The media covered all the deets about it so it's not like no one knew.

"Didi, you know how you're always on guard with some people and with some you just let everything slip?" I asked.

She gave me a nod jutting me to continue.

"With him everything just goes away. I don't know why, I don't know how but it does. As if he takes bricks off my shoulders. I've always been so, reserved? I don't know the word but I pile shit up but with him that pile falls down as soon as my eyes meet his." I take a breath before moving on.

"Uske saath jo shaanti milti hai usse shabdo me nahi bataya jaa sakta."

It feels like I'm not even present here as I remember all my memories with Aadvik.

When she didn't say anything I said, "yes it started out as a deal from out families but maybe it could be something more."

"Sounds like love to me." Didi adds.

No. It's not love right? Right. No I don't think so. We've barely gotten engaged.

But-
I love when he laughs, I love how he cares, I'm definitely in love with his smile and the way he randomly jokes.

Have I fallen in love with Aadvik Ahuja without even realising it?

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

138K 6.6K 61
This is the story of Arohi Singhal. Arohi is a 19-year-old girl from Udaipur. She belongs to a middle-class family. Arohi is a polite, well-spoken an...
50.6K 3K 36
𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐇𝐈 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐖𝐀𝐋♡ Bow to the Queen Before Speaking ~ A Beauty with Brain, Sassy Attitude with a Kind & Unique Personality. At just the age...
1.4M 62.9K 47
•MADIRA VARMA• An innocent and chirpy girl whose whole world revolves around her small little family. Anyone who sees her would agree without a secon...
163K 8K 34
Vivaan Rajput: A 28 year old billionaire of few words, holding an aura which can bring anyone to their knees, he is president of Rajput industries. T...