The Sex(y)ist KTH FF

By sarcasticcynic101

Arranged marriage fanfic. * "Have a nice day." "Really?" He asked. "No. I hope you get mauled by a grizzly... More

Chapter 1 : Is It The Start Or The End?
Chapter 2: The 15th Century Called They want Their Chauvinistic Sexist Back
Chapter 3: Fornication Is Not A Prerequisite For A Honeymoon
Chapter 4: "You Missed Your Calling As A Proctologist"
Chapter 5: "You Arrogant Fuck Frog"
Chapter 6 : "I didn't mean it like that!"
Chapter 8: " I Would Wish Upon Them A 1000 Deaths!"
Chapter 9: "Something About A Door..."
Chapter 10: "Wonders 8 And 9"
Chapter 11: "Hey, Look. It's You!"
Chapter 12: "Okay, Tae."
Chapter 13: "Surprise."

Chapter 7: "I Got A Certificate For It In Preschool!"

120 12 25
By sarcasticcynic101

I wake up feeling particularly excited and well rested (I refuse to acknowledge Taehyung holding me the whole night as a reason for this). And I'm completely ready to take on my role as an energetic and curious tourist.

Taehyung is still sleeping like a log when I try to slip out from under his arm. His hold is tight but still comfortable. Honestly, it gives me a feeling of safety. But I'm not going to acknowledge that either. And I definitely ignore the suspicious fluttering in my stomach when I recall how he kept me warm the whole night.

When I try to pull away he just holds on tighter murmuring unintelligible words. And I remind myself that that is not endearing so I should not be endeared!

After a few minutes of careful shifting I manage to get off the bed without disrupting Taehyung's sleep.

I glance back at him one more time.

Aww, he really does look cute when he sleeps.
Nope. No. Not going there Soo.

Now that I'm fully awake, unlike last night, I can fully take in the interiors of the room.

And to be quite frank, it's amazing and exudes luxury. As someone that hasn't actually travelled much...if at all, I really appreciate this experience. If I wasn't so curious about exploring the city than I would happily stay in this hotel room for the entirety of this trip.

I tiptoe to the equally amazing bathroom that has black marble features and a shower that I didn't realise last night was so big it could fit definitely more than one person in it comfortably.

I enjoy my shower but I don't take long with my routine because I didn't want to waste any of the limited time we have to explore. And if Taehyung isn't already awake...I'd leave a note and explore on my own because he really did look too cute to wake up.

I wrap myself in one of humongous fluffy towels and rethink what I said to Taehyung about not taking these...but then I imagine the argument we'd probably have and the disapproving look on his face as well as the fact that it might be construed as stealing and I decide that I'll still to taking just the mini soaps...and maybe the little coffee satchets from the coffee bar in the room.

Pulling the shower cap off, I open the door to the bathroom and I see Taehyung looking through the bag.

"Oh, you're awake. I was going to leave without you if you weren't," I say and he looks up for a moment just to scowl at me.

Taehyung takes his clothes and lays it on the ironing board that he took out that was probably in one of the cupboards.

He scratches the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Spit it out."

"What?" He says surprised.

"Whatever you want to ask. There's something. Just say it," I say looking through the bag myself.

He huffs, "could you iron this for me?"

I squint at him and I'm ready to go on a feminist rant.

"Not because I'm instructing you or that I think less of you. I'm just really bad at ironing. I always end up burning through the material or it stays creased. There's no in between." His expression is so sweetly resigned that I can't say no even if I wanted to.

I snort at that. "Sure. It's fine, I don't mind," I said because I really didn't mind doing these tasks so long as the reason behind it is innocent not something rooted in the 1800s.

Honestly I have no issue with doing any kind of household tasks. As long as I'm doing them out of my own volition or because I've committed to doing or even if it's my responsibility as a member of the household but not if it's considered my responsibility as woman.

"Thanks," he says before going into the bathroom.

When I hear the door close, I pull down the towel and let it pool at my feet. I push it aside with my foot, letting it cover the water trail I left when I exited the bathroom.

I put my underwear on before rifling through the bag again. I refuse to feel as insecure as I did last night so I'm going to dress as cute as I can. Sure all my insecurities weren't going to evaporate with a cute outfit but atleast it will be one less thing to worry about and that's a win in my books.

I don't hear the bathroom door open but when I hear Taehyung's voice I turn around instinctively. "Do you think it will be as cold as it was ye-" his words halt and he freezes as he looks at me.

I try not to panic. Outwardly at least. I kind of just freeze too.

His eyes scan over my entire form appraisingly and I think my entire body feels like it's blushing.

He's your husband it's fine.
Totally fine.
And this is just like him seeing you in a bathing suit. Except nobody has seen you like this or in a bathing suit.
But that's fine.
Everything is totally cool. Mhm.
Cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

I'm trying not to freak out and I'm so preoccupied with that, that I don't notice how his eyebrows furrow when his eyes zero in on the side of my abdomen or how he steps towards me, so close that he's right in front of me.

When I notice how close he is, out of instinct I try stepping back but the bed is right behind me so my step falters and I almost fall backwards but he catches me by the waist.

My breath catches in my throat and
I forget... everything.
I forget how to speak
I forget how to think
I forget how to breathe
I forget where I am
I forget what I'm wearing (or rather what I'm not)
I forget who I am
I forget my own damn name
I forget everything but Taehyung and the way his fingers feel against my bare skin
as he holds me in his arms and gazes at me with an intensity I can't describe.

Nobody has ever looked at me like this before. And I don't think anybody else could quite like Kim Taehyung.

I can't admit to the whirlwind of emotions going through me because I don't even know what I'm feeling. All I know is it's pleasant because I don't want to push him away.

"What's this scar?" Taehyung asks, his thumb glancing across the jagged scar on my abdomen that he looked a few moments earlier.

I suck in an even deeper breathe unintentionally when I feel his thumb's movement.

When I process his question, I snap back to reality and my back straightens in discomfort at the question.

The answer...it's something I don't focus on, something I choose to forget because remembering is so much harder. Remembering takes me back to a time in my life that gave me a taste of what hell might feel like. My second taste of hell. The second time I was the centre of attention.

I've tried being a good person my entire life purely because those two pieces of hell were...are enough to convince me that if an afterlife exists I'll never survive hell. I have to get to heaven.

Knowing Taehyung won't be satisfied with no answer I very nonchalantly and almost cheerfully say "Oh, I was stabbed once. A few years ago. It's old news now. Also, shouldn't you be showering? We're getting late."

Taehyung looks at me stunned. "Y-you were stabbed here," he touches the jagged scar again and the gentleness of his touch isn't lost on me,"and you're calling it old news?"

I remind myself to act like the scar means nothing otherwise if I actually think about it and all the events that led to it, I'll break down. I'll cry until there's no tears left and my body will find a way for me to cry more. I absolutely can't delve into the matter. For my own sanity. I'd decided when I was 19 to leave it in the past and not let it control me anymore. The past is where the matter belongs so it's where it will stay.

"Yeah, pretty much. Now move along, I need to get ready. Oh you were going to ask me question. What was it?" I ask trying to change topics. I move past Taehyung and grab the other bag with my clothes. "What colour should I wear, burgundy or camel?"

"I-" he hesitates and then shakes his head as though he's deciding against something. "Do you think it will be as cold as it was yesterday?"

"The weather update pretty much gave the same forecast as yesterday. Why? Do you want me take something else out for you?"

"No, it's alright. I'll wear my coat if it does get colder. "

I nod my head in agreement. "So burgundy or camel." I hold up both shirts, one in each hand.

He gives me a strange look that I've surprisingly become accustomed to and then points to the burgundy option.

"Thanks," I say tossing the burgundy shirt back into the bag, deciding to use the camel-coloured turtle neck instead.

Taehyung looks at me for a long moment in possibly disbelief and then he snorts before shaking his head.

"I knew you were going to do that,"he says.

"Mhm. Sure, Ahjussi," I mock while pulling the shirt over my head. My skirt and stockings are already laid out on the bed.

God, I love clothes that don't need steaming or ironing.

I think part of me wanted to wear a shirt quickly just so the scar would be covered again. Just so the vulnerability in it isn't on display anymore.

Taehyung was bound to see the scar someday, I just didn't expect it to be so soon. I should've known better so that I'd be prepared for his questions and didn't have an internal freak out like I did today.

It's something I wanted to forget but I was so annoyed that the one time I did forget it had to be the most inconvenient situation possible.

"Soo Hyun," Taehyung says very seriously and I already know where the conversation is headed. "When-"

"When I was 18. No more questions. "

"Soo-"

"Cut it out, Taehyung. Okay. I. Don't. Want. To. Talk. About. It." I snap.

His mouth shuts and thankfully he lets it go. I don't know how much more I could take of the topic before I did break down. But my best guess is: not much.

He walks back into the bathroom and shuts the door. I finish changing within minutes. The longest part of getting ready, aside from choosing the outfit and accessories was getting the stockings because everyone knows how fragile stockings can be. Not exactly as fragile as me but a close second.

I'm extra careful when handling Taehyung's shirt, mostly because it's expensive but also because he technically asked me nicely to de-crease (iron) it not decrease it (burn holes through it).

Taehyung holds his hand out from the partially closed bathroom door, requesting his clothes. So unfortunately I don't get the view of him with a towel around his waist like I did last night.

Woe is me.

But it's alright, I still have that memory safely stored away and also I don't need distractions since I'm still trying to choose earrings.

I settle on smaller gold hoops that match with the gold button accents on my skirt and coat and even the zippers on my my boots.

I'm zipping my shoes up when Taehyung walks out of the bathroom fully dressed.

He looks great. No surprises there. Not that I'll ever tell him that. I'd rather have a lemon squeezed into my eyes than give him a compliment.

He glances at me for a second, looks away and then looks or rather stares at me again.

I start feeling self conscious. Maybe I look ridiculous again? Maybe dressing up looks weird on me?

The fanciest thing he's seen me in is my wedding dress and after that it's my unicorn onesie. Which I regret leaving at home to be honest. Other than that he's only seen me in sweatpants and pjs. So maybe he thinks I look weird now?

Surely eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss doesn't change much about me either? ( I don't have the patience nor the talent to wear more makeup than that. )

He clears his throat.
"Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah. I was born ready," I say. "Actually I wasn't. Apparently when my mom was giving birth I gave a hard time to come out so she had to have an emergency c section for us to survive. So I suppose I was born begrudgingly. Not ready," I overshare.

"Are you ready to go?" He asks like my answer gave him more confusion than clarity. Which honestly is fair.

"Well this is as even as the wings of my eyeliner are gonna be so yeah I'm ready to go."

Taehyung nods and walks ahead of me but then turns back and seems to be looking for something.

He checks the drawer at his bedside table and I peek over his shoulder.

"What are you looking for?"

"My wallet."

I frown. The last time I saw him with it was at the restaurant.

"Dammit, I think I left it last night at the restaurant. "

"It's okay. We'll just fetch it quickly and leave. Hopefully they kept it away."

He just grunts in agreement.

Geez. Caveman much...

The drive is silent which never bodes well for me because I have this innate need to fill silences.

"So...what are we doing?"

"Fetching my wallet."

"Yeah I know. I mean aside from that, genius. What are we doing today?" I gesture widely with my hands. "What is the itinerary?"

"What do you want to do? Sightseeing. Visit museums? Walk around?"

"I mean we should go to the cliché popular places like the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre. We have to take pictures at the touristy places...otherwise did we even come to Paris? You know? But when I spoke about exploring, I really meant going to all the food places. Restaurants, cafes, patisseries, boulangeries. I'm really here for a food journey," I shrug. "That's what I care about when it comes to travelling. Pictures and food. And good memories." I explain. "What about you? What do you want to do?

"I've seen a lot of the tourist attractions. I've been here before. So it doesn't matter to me. There's a river cruise along the Seine if you want to go?"

"That sounds fun. Also When did you come?"

"Once when I was 15 for a family vacation and then once when I was in college, I came with my friends," he answers while parking near the restaurant.

I don't know why I tag along with him but I regret it moments later when we're at the reception desk of the restaurant.

It happens gradually, 2 or 3 people glancing at me and they're probably just noticing the new people entering but to me it feels like they're staring and judging.

I feel insecure all over again.

And that's what has me cowering closer to the familiarity of Taehyung.

I should've stayed in the car.

When I look at Taehyung, he's staring at me expectantly and I return his look with clear confusion.

He motions with his eyes to the smiling person behind the desk.

It takes me a moment to realise what he's saying to me.

He wants me to be his free translator app like I have partnership with Google.

Both my understanding and pronunciation of the French language is fairly good. Though there are languages I'm more confident in like Japanese and English. Even Turkish.

But I have no trouble translating Taehyung's blunder to the manager. "Hi. My husband and I were here last night and he left his wallet here. Did anyone pick it up and keep it away by any chance?"

(A/n I don't know French. And I'm not using Google translate because I don't think it's accurate enough)

Possibly overjoyed at meeting a tourist that knows French the manager smiles wider and gestures animatedly, "Yes yes. Jean, the waiter at your table noticed it and handed it to me straight away. There was no contact details. It was a black wallet, yes?"

"Yes. Black with engraved initials on it. K.T. for my husband's name."

"Yes. The same one.I'll be right back, I kept it in the office at the back for safety. "

I smile and nod and watch the woman walk away hurriedly.

Keeping the smile on my face to avoid any kind of scene and to avoid attracting attention to us, I say to Taehyung,"I didn't know I had Papago printed across my forehead. "

"You didn't? I probably should have mentioned it before we left the hotel room," he says with the same sarcastically polite tone causing me to snort.

"What if I didn't know French? It's not like you knew this about me before last night."

"Ah, but you do know it, and-" he starts but the manager comes back, handing over the wallet.

"Merci," I say thankfully, taking the wallet and handing it to Taehyung who says thank you in French too.

"It's a pleasure," the manager, Alise, says.

When we're walking out, I continue the interrupted conversation.

"Seriously what if I didn't know the language. "

"Then this interaction would've taken much. But thankfully you do have a skill that's useful. So I will be using that skill while we're here."

"Which part of this ensemble," I gesture to my outfit, "reminds you of the duolingo bird? Because last time I checked this was supposed to give chic. Not chick."

Taehyung stops in his steps and very seriously says, "it's not the outfit. It's your face."

My mouth hangs in shock. "I can't even talk to you," I say and follow it with a sound of indignation.

I hastily walk or more like stomp away and as I'm about walk across the street to where the car is parked, I feel hands land on my waist, reeling me backwards until my back is pressed against Taehyung's chest. A motorcycle that was about to make roadkill of me zooms past.

"Watch it there, Duo. Before you become a roadside crepe, " Taehyung lowers his head to mumble against my ear.

I swallow deeply before realising he just called me a translator bird that possibly breaks into people's houses so they don't lose their lesson streak.

I shove his hands off. "Ha ha very funny."

Taehyung holds my hand as we cross the street as if he didn't trust me enough to look left then right then left again before crossing.
His grip is so tight like he actually believes I'm going to run off and walk around with my eyes closed.

When we're by the rented car I pull my hand away. "I'm not a child. I can cross the street on my own."

"Mhm. Sure." He unlocks the car and goes to driver's side getting in.

I climb into the passenger's side shutting the door violently to show my irritation but then remembering it's a rented car and also not the car's fault, I pat the door and say a silent apology to it.

"I can. I'm excellent at it. And I'm highly qualified. I got a certificate for it in preschool!"

Taehyung side eyes me. "That's your version of highly qualified?"

"I was the first one to get it in my class!"

He nods his head in understanding and seeming admiration. But then essentially knocks my pride over with "Were you homeschooled?"

I scoff in indignation, "No! There were 25 students in my class!"

"And they weren't your imaginary friends? Other people could see them too?"

I stare at him with open mouthed shock. I consider strangling him. But realistically, I cry too much for prison. So I clench my fists instead.

"Yes! They were very much real. So min was also in my class. And I have class photos!"

"Okay," he says more like he's trying to placate me rather him actually being convinced.

I sneer at him then look out the window muttering bad words to myself about him.

"I heard that," he snorts.

"Good. You were supposed to." I restrain myself from sticking out my tongue at him since he already insinuated that I'm childish.

He clears his throat and if I was paying more attention I'd realise that it was to stifle the chuckle that was about to escape him.

"Where is the GPS leading me by the way?" He asks a few moments after beginning to drive.

"A popular café I read about. I thought we could have breakfast there."

"Okay."

Silence, the soft hum of the radio, and intervalled instructions from the navigator are the other passengers in the car.

It's not that I hate silence. It's more like silence hates me. Because whenever there is silence, my thoughts get louder (like they are now) and that generally is not a great time for me.

My hands rest in my lap and I fiddle with my fingers as I grow more self conscious by the second.

When I got ready this morning I felt pretty. Or at the very least presentable. I certainly felt better than I did last night.
But now things feel different.

Now I wonder if maybe people were staring at me? In disdain/disgust?
Maybe this style of dressing doesn't suit me?
Putting lipstick on a monkey doesn't turn it into a runway model...
Am I the monkey?

Maybe I look ridiculous?
Even Taehyung stared at me weirdly earlier.
Do I really look that ugly?
I mean, my husband found me similar to a chartreuse bird and I'm not even wearing green. So something must be wrong?
Also chartreuse sounds more like a magenta so why is it green?
Who came up with that?
Why am I thinking about the colour wheel?
Why is my mind like this?
This is why I never used to leave my house unless it was for university or for a run.
Why do I run anyway, I hate exercise.
I wonder if I can convince Taehyung to drive me back to the hotel so I can change again?
Honestly, I should've stayed in the hotel room.

My mind continues to spiral, so as always I fall back into my habit and against my better judgement I ask Taehyung, "Do I look stupid?" I try to sound casual and avoid any trace of anxiety in my voice. But my voice comes out softer than intended.

Taehyung gives me a side glance.

Truly, any type of reassurance from him would make me feel better. I'd appreciate a compliment like him telling me I'm pretty. That would calm the anxiety building in my stomach.

But even a statement like "you're not ugly." would suffice as comfort from him.

But no. What does my dear husband say instead?

"Yes. Always," he says. " I thought you knew. Did you only realise it today?" He says in mock surprise.

I scoff.

"First you stare at me weirdly. Then you compare me to a bird. Now this," I list out. "You know, you can have your fun and insult me like this but one day one of these kind of insults that you throw at me will become my villain origin story. And then you'll regret ever speaking against me," I threaten, now too distracted by irritation to think about my insecurities.

Taehyung snorts. "Villain origin story? What are you? An anime character?" I don't see it because he's facing forward but I just know he rolls his eyes. "So sorry to offend you, Haku."

"I wasn't joking."

"I know. That's what makes it a bigger joke. You? A villain? You're the most non-threatening person I've ever met."

"I am very threatening. I could be a tyrant to society if I so wished."

"You can't reach the third shelf let alone the top shelf in the wardrobe and you think you can take over the world? Yeah, nice try, Joker."

"Stop calling me villain character names! And also I don't appreciate the sarcasm."

"You're right. I should call you names of non threatening characters, Snorlax. "

"I'm going to kill you in your sleep." I state calmly.

"I've known that since the day I married you. That's why you're not in the will, Duo," he says reverting to the first nickname.

I laugh at that even though I don't mean to. His quips of humor catch me by surprise every time.

"You know these nicknames remind me that I wanted to talk to you about terms of endearment. " I muse.

It's true. It is something I've wanted to talk to him about. I was just waiting to feel more comfortable talking to him.

"What about them?"

"I want to be called a term of endearment. Whether you're endeared by me or not. Although, why wouldn't you be? I'm the most endearing person in this world. "

"You want me go use a term of endearment for you?"

"Yes. Literally just what I said, Ahjussi. Keep up," I snap my fingers. "I always imagined that my husband would call me a cute nickname. Just because I'm stuck with you doesn't mean I shouldn't get what I want. I like nicknames. They feel personal. Like my dad calls me soo bear...you know like pooh bear. And sometimes when I'm being inquisitive Somin calls me Sooby Doo...like Scooby Doo. You can't copy those nicknames those are specific to them," I explain.

When he doesn't say anything I continue, "But don't worry, I have a list of things I'd want my significant other to call me. You can choose the one you prefer," I say. "There's Babe, Baby, Babygirl, Angel, Love, Honey, Sweetheart, Darling, My Dearest, My Better Half, Soulmate, Princess, Godsend, the best thing to ever happen to you, favourite person, Genius, Supreme one, Goddess," I list out happily. "I'm alright with any of those. Take your pick."

"What about cargo?" He suggests.

"Like precious cargo? Seems a little clinical sounding but maybe it could be cute?" I scrunch my nose.

"No as in Escargot. Since you liked the snails. Honestly I should just call you Dalpaengi."

I scowl at him. "No. You can't call me snail. In any language. Pick one from my list. And really I just want to be called it in public when we're alone you don't have to use it. What's the big deal anyway? "

"It's not a big deal it just doesn't make sense."

"It does. It's really not that complicated to comprehend. I'm not even rushing you. I'm just saying think about the one you'd prefer calling me. "

"Yes. Fine. Whatever," he says flippantly.

Hopefully he agrees with my request. Because really, it is just a request even if I sound a bit stubborn about it.

I just want to feel...adored by my partner even if I'm not really. I can play pretend until it's real. If it's ever real.

It seems like a petty thing and maybe it is but it's something I want and I don't think it's a big ask. Sure it would be great if I didn't have to ask and it happened naturally. But the nature of Taehyung and my relationship has been different to regular couples from the get go considering we both had no say in our marriage.

So for the relationship to work well we would need to find our own sense of normalcy. We need to find the path that caters to and develops our new relationship. It would be specific to us and we'd find out what works along the way. But I'm alright with that.
All I know is that I have to be honest about what I want because he still doesn't know me well enough to have that information. We will learn things about eachother throughout our relationship but if there's information we both can and are ready to offer to each other then why be  stingy with it?

"Turn left. And in 200m turn right and you will arrive at your destination," the navigator says and that just makes the atmosphere feel more awkward.

So I do what I do best apparently. I talk more. Even though that's what got us in an awkward silence. But if it can get us into one it can get us out of it too.

"You said you've been to Paris before. So you must've seen the Eiffel Tower already, right?"

"Yes...why?" He asks cautiously as if he's expecting me to ask him to take a picture hanging off the side of it.

"Is it as awe invoking as people make it out to be? Because from what I've seen it kind of just looks like a cell phone tower that lights up sometimes." I shrug sharing my honest and controversial opinion.

Taehyung parks the car at a bay in the allotted parking area for the cafe and other stores along the same street. He switches the car off and them turns to me and stares at me.

"What? I'm honestly asking."

He sighs. "It definitely looks better at night when the lights are on. And then the view from the top is also nice. From what I remember. "

"Okay." I nod my head. "I don't really get the big deal to be honest. I mean if it were made out of pastry and I could take a bite out of it then yeah sign me up immediately. "

"The witch that lured hansel and gretel would just adore you."

"Thanks. But I would never eat someone's house. That's just bad manners. "

"I shouldn't be surprised by anything that comes out of your mouth. Yet here I am."

I ignore his comment. "Although, I would prefer seeing that house over some of the wonders of the world. " I muse.

"You'd rather see a house made of candy then the most revered architecture and exhibits in the world."

"Yes," I reply without hesitation. "A house made of candy that isn't attacked by ants? That's intriguing. It's a snack and a home. Amazing. Those revered places you talk about are mostly overrated. " I unbuckle my seatbelt and turn in my seat to face him.

"Just think about all these monumental places. Statue of liberty. Meh. Taj Mahal? Not as romantic as you think once you know more history. Big Ben? Okay Mr. Tall Clock thanks for telling me the time so obnoxiously. Don't get me started on mount Rushmore.  Carving faces in a mountain? How childish and attention seeking of them. I prefer the Phineas and Ferb episode where they carve Candace's face into mount Rushmore as a gift. At least that was thoughtful," I say. " Stonehenge is just some big rocks placed randomly. And yes I know the significance of all these things is much deeper but I have no curiosity nor interest regarding it. And I'd be dangerous at Stonehenge because I'd try to push one of rocks while nobody is looking and I'd possibly ruin a widely respected and admired  site purely out of boredom and curiosity," I continue. " The colosseum? Yes of course I want to view the slowly decaying ruins of an arena audiences used to sit and watch people fight to the death in. Not. I think the pyramids in Egypt are kind of cool but correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there like pharaohs and stuff buried there? So I don't really wanna go there. I don't really vibe with dead people." I shrug.

"I think most people don't "vibe with dead people, Soo Hyun. " he says it like he's given up on me but I can see the amusement in his expression.

"There's exorcists, mediums, those funeral parlour people, necrophilists, that kid that says he sees dead people, people who like haunted houses and scary movies, and anyone that owns a ouija board, they all vibe with dead people. So no not most people, Taehyung. "

"Fine not most," he concedes most likely to end the conversation.

"Back to my main point, I don't even care for the leaning tower of Pisa. Nobody cared when it was just Tower of Pisa. Only when it's on the brink of a breakdown that's when everyone is in awe? But when I'm on the brink of a breakdown then everyone is all "you need therapy"," I use finger quotes. "The double standards in this world are just ridiculous, Taehyung," I say, very much meaning the words I say.

But then my mouth shuts instantly when something completely unexpected and amazing happens. And I momentarily wonder if maybe those people made a fair point about me needing therapy. Was I hallucinating? Or is this really happening?

Taehyung laughs.

And it's a beautiful laugh. It's deep and rich and genuine. It's filled with amusement.
It warms me up more than any heater or sweater ever has.

I watch him wide eyed in disbelief for a few seconds but I snap out of soon enough.

I can't help the grin that takes over my lips, seeing him laugh.

I really really like his laugh.

Taehyung shakes his head as his laughter slowly fades but the small smile that stays serves as evidence that I didn't imagine this.

"You are..." he sounds baffled, "you are-"

"Making valid points that you never thought of before but now that you think about you wish you did?"

"No. Ridiculous. "

"Oh. Close enough," I shrug choosing to replace the ridiculous with amazing in my head.

He shakes his head again. "Let's go."

We get out of the car and I keep adjusting my outfit like that will make me feel any better but Taehyung just grabs my hand, "Stop fidgeting. And if you're fishing for a compliment I'm not giving you one. It's annoying when pretty people pretend to be insecure to garner compliments. "

"Y-you think I'm pretty?"

Nobody has called me pretty before. Well nobody that isn't obligated to be nice to me. So my parents and Somin obviously don't count.

Taehyung on the other hand, I've learned, will not say something for the sake of saying it. Or to just preserve my feelings.

"Soo hyun what did I just say about fishing for compliments?"

"Right. Sorry...but wait I wasn't." He doesn't listen, he's too busy focusing on us crossing the street because he doesn't trust the certificate I very well earned.

To be fair, I'm not focusing on road safety, I'm still focused on the fact that Taehyung just called me pretty. Albeit in his own way...and it's more of an insinuation then a compliment.

But even for the not-exactly-compliment it is it still makes my entire day.

_________________________________________________

A new update? Are you shocked? You're not alone. I'm shocked too and I'm the one that wrote this.

Be proud of me, please.🥺 I demand it.😡
I'm sorry if you wanted better descriptions of the hotel room...I don't like writing descriptions...

Also this is unedited...no surprises there...

Thank you for all the reads and votes. I appreciate it.

How are all of you?
How have you been?

Please take care of yourself. In every way. Your physical health, your mental health. It's all important.

Be kind to yourselves.

I love you. I appreciate you. I'm proud of you.

How was the chapter?

Did you like it?

What do you think will happen next?

What do you want to happen next?

Please vote and comment lots.

I love to hear your thoughts.

I love you. Take care.

See you soon, you cute raccoons...💛💛💛 (we're all going to pretend like that sounds okay)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

642K 26.7K 33
"V, ahh, she is your soon to be wife." - Mum "WHAT?! MARRY, HIM/HER?" - Hyera and Taehyung ____________________________________ Something unwanted ha...
501K 27.3K 41
Taehyung restlessly supported his forehead on his joined hands and two males sitting infront him looked at him questionably getting impatient to know...
1.2M 63.2K 37
an arranged marriage... A cold girl who loved her husband more than anything... Y/n= your name. Jan-feb2021 Hello friends! This is the first fanf...
305K 13.2K 38
" I married you just because it was my father's last wish , not because I love you" Y/N a kind , bright and cheerful Indian girl who loves painting h...