Poles apart (Cate Blanchett x...

By RandomStoriesToYou

If you adored the movie Carol, then this is the story for you! This story is my take of Carol and Therese and... More

Author's Note!
-1- ᴀ ʟᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
-2- ᴏᴀᴋ ʀᴏᴏᴍ
-3- ꜱᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴍɪɴᴅ
-5- ʀɪɴᴅʏ

-4- ᴘʜᴏᴛᴏɢʀᴀʜʏ

52 4 0
By RandomStoriesToYou

A/n: This chapter is purely Therese POV, with that being said time to jump in!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

"Click click"

You could hear the clicks of the keys on type writers being pressed against, today I was just focusing on getting this paragraph written and sent to my boss before the guest I invited would arrive.
               I've already informed my boss on the details luckily and surprisingly he was more than okay, he even let me hold a room to myself for the evening. I've brought a few pictures from my apartment with me previously.

While the others that was located here at the office— I took them all and pinned up in the room, like an art display. Almost like a gallery walk gala.

"Knock knock"

"Belivet!"

Stopping my finger from their movements I turned to meet the persons eyes "Sir?" Questioning the man who stood by the door.
            "You have a few visitors waiting for you in the lobby" Sharing the known information.

"Guest?" I mumbled, raising my wrist I peaked at the time on my watch '3:00' it read. Shoot!
          Being so caught up in my work I nearly forgotten.

Getting up from my seat I walked past the man, patting his shoulder on the way out while shouting "Thanks Mr. Dickens!" That was the name of the man, that man being my boss.
Frankly I was extremely surprised he delivered the message himself, may be a good day for him.

I brought my attention back to what I was meant to be doing, entering the lobby I opened the door the led to the outer part area. Where all the guest would be held; until someone came to get them— That someone being me.

Once I entered the room they all stood up greeting me.

"Hello Ms. Belivet" Eleanor greeted me with a hug, squeezing me tight; for a person she only met last week she seemed to be warmed up to me already.

"Greeting Mrs. Pope" I replied, removing myself from her embrace.

My focus going to the two men who was directly in front of me now.

"Ms. Belivet, I can assure you I am thrilled to witness your work"— "Oh it would be all the pleasure, thank you Mr. Chester" Thanking the kind gentleman for his touching words.

"Salutations Belivet" Fred greeted me sticking his hand out for me to take; which I did.—
              "Salutations Mr. Haymes" I smiled.

Looking over there she was, the beautiful blonde stallion. So charming and elegant, Therese stop! Just friends, you guys are just friends. Mentally telling myself off before I dug a deeper love hole for myself.

"Hi, Carol. I'm glad you could make it" I uttered sincerely.

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world" She replied then coming up to give me a hug, I instantly happen to melt into her touch.
Remembering where we were and who we were with I pulled away and smiled.

"Alright" Clapping my hands together to get everyone's attention.
"First things first, no touching anything on our way or I'll be the one to get heat for it. Secondly, if you would follow me to the room I have set up for this particular visit" I added.

They all agreed and nodded and I began my walk, we past a few cubicles one so happened to be Dannie's of whom I waved to through a window.
Coming to a stop I opened the door and turned back to everyone else.
"Here we are! The photos are displayed on the walls, so have fun taking a look at them all"
I exclaimed, by the end of my announcement they all were brushing pass me to get a glimpse of all the photographs.

Carol however was still beside me, quite close to be exact. But I wasn't going to complain, I enjoyed her company, her aura. Her fragrance, it was delightful, wonderful.
             Her broad stance with her amazing posture was extremely divine to see.

"Oh Look It's Carol here!" Eleanor uttered, something that caught my attention.
           Removing myself from my previous placement I treaded over to see which exact one she was blabbering about.
            It was Carol at the tree farm... that was my favorite one of her, frankly because it was the first one I ever taken of her.

"How did you manage to get this?" Charles questioned— his curiosity getting the best of him.

"Well Mr. Chester, me and Carol here goes way back. I had taken this one when she invited me to her place of comfort a few months back"
            I explained.

"Well you did an amazing job capturing her"

Some hours went by and it was already coming to a closing hour for the Times. Everyone had dismissed themselves. Me on the other hand went back to my cubicle to finish more papers.
              I normally would stay an hour or two behind to get things done and permanently close up the office as I was regularly the last one to leave.

"Knock knock"

"Don't worry it's me Dannie, just telling you goodbye" He shouted I could hear his receding footsteps echo in the hall, I didn't even bother to look up from what I was doing.

Thirty minutes passed and yet again another knock sounded.

"What'd you forget this time Dannie?" I laughed, there was always a second knock that I knew belonged to Dannie, because only a second knock sounds thirty minutes later when he forgot something.
               Expect I didn't get a reply so I stopped what I was doing.

"Dannie?" Turning around in my seat to face the door of the cubicle.

"Sorry to disappoint" Carol replied.

"Oh, Carol— Hi, what are you doing here? I thought you already left a while back"

She came closer and leaned against my desk, my breath shuttered when she looked down on me.

"I did... but while I was walking the streets, I happened to run into one of your colleagues, Dannie. Was his name, he informed me that you were still here— So I thought why not pay Ms. Belivet another visit"

I laughed when she called me 'Ms. Belivet'
      cocking her brow confused "What is it?" She giggled.

"God you to? I know it's to be formal and all, but being called by my last name makes me feel old" I laughed.— "Well forgive me, Ms. Therese" Carol corrected herself.

I scrunched my face shaking my head.

"Drop the 'Ms'?" She smirked.

I nodded quickly.

"Anyways I came by to ask if you wanted to go to a bar near by; As friends of course" Carol was quick to say the ending, probably remembering our last week night talk.
                 "Of course, I was getting ready to leave anyways" I sighed being relieved from getting saved.

I took my bag and coat, and of course my camera. If we're going to a bar this late at night, there was definitely going to be some fun moments to capture.

"Do you always bring your camera with you?" Carol question.

We was walking on the sidewalk when she asked that question. The cars driving in the rain puddle due to previous weather, our arms brushing against each other ever so.

"I do actually, how else would I remember the moments I've endured"

"I don't know? Maybe live in the moment" Carol sarcastically replied. Shaking my head chuckling "That's is true... But, I'm a photographer so I capture every moment that's worth to be memorable"

Walking in the bar we got seated in a booth, Carol had ordered her usual. A dry martini with an olive, just like old times; Me on the other hand ordered the same.
           "And all this time I thought you would know what to order on your own" Carol joked.

"Haha, very funny" I rolled my eyes just then our drinks arrived and I took my first sip "Mm, that was very well needed" I hummed.

"I seconded that" Carol agreed. Ever so an idea popped in my head and I grabbed my camera and raised it up to one of my eyes.
               "Oh not this again" Carol laughed.

"Oh come onn! Just one picture, please?" I begged giving Carol my best puppy eyes.

"Fine, how do you want me?"

"I have a few positions in mind"....

A silence passed through us and I saw a mischievous smile plastered on Carol's face, a very cheeky smile I may add.
            That drink was sure getting to both of our heads.

"I didn't mean it like that, so whatever inappropriate thoughts circulating that brain of yours. You can go ahead and erase them"
         I warned her sternly.

"Now why would I think of such things" Bringing her glass to her lips smirking while eyeing me down.

"J-just be casual and pretend like I'm not here"
I mumbled she graciously complied with my command. I snapped a few shots and looked at them, they were perfect. I take that back, she was perfect.

"Can I see?" She tapped her nails against the tables.— "Absolutely not" My head still being down.

"So you can take pictures of me but If I wanted to see them I can't?" Furrowing her brows.
Picking my head up I took a strand of hair tucking it behind my ear "Pretty much" I uttered.

Her tongue played with the inside of her cheeks— Clicking her tongue she squinted her eyes nodding at an agonizing rate "I see how it is" She replied.

"I'm glad you have the eyes to see" I said leaning forwards letting my arms fold onto the surface. "Don't get to cocky Ms. Belivet" She pointed.

"Mhm, whatever you say" Bringing my own glass to my lips.

I don't know how long we were there at that particular bar but I was hammered. We both were.
"Alright ladies it's closing hour, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave" The manager came to us.

"It's only ten in the evening" Carol replied.

"Incorrect it is three in the morning, it's a new day" He stated matter of factly.

"Shit- he's right Carol it's late we should get going" I admitted.

—————————

"Just put one feet in front of the other!" I shouted, if I would've known how screwed Carol gets when drinking I would've stayed sober or at least tipsy.

"I'm trying!" Carol whined.

"Come on just a few more steps and we're at your apartment building" I mumbled.

.......

Helping Carol into the elevator "Which floor?" I asked.— "What?" She muttered leaning against the wall.

"What floor do you live on?" I sighed.

"Seven, it's seven" She groaned.

Just as I was about to press the button... "Wait no its nine!"— "Carol!" I shouted.

"I'm being serious! I swear it's nine" Carol claimed. I mumbled something under my breath and just pressed nine like she said.
              "Alright come. Let's go" I spoke. She pushed herself off the wall, leading the way— Following her to make sure she got home safe supposed to the state of her well being.

"Okay I'm gonna get going" I announced once her apartment door was opened.— "Don't be a stupe Therese, you can stay here until the morning. It's late and you're drunk not as much as me, but drunk" Carol expressed herself.

"I couldn't Carol, I wouldn't want to intrude in your private place..."

"You are not intruding, it was an offer. An offer I hope you can or will accept"

"I'll stay... But only until the morning then I'm gone" I sighed, she pulled me inside and closed the door. Leading me down a hallway coming to a stop at a door.

"Carol..." I grumbled.

"Just friends, I remember. Don't worry" She smiled sincerely, almost like she was hurt that I even tried bring it up. "Well, this is the uh— guest room... My room is the next one down if you need anything" Pointing behind herself with a sigh.

"Thank you. Tonight was fun" I countered.— "Of course... Goodnight, Therese" Carol smiled her eyes glistening in the dimmed lights.

"Goodnight Carol" I replied turning she walked to her room and closed the door.
          Gazing down to the floor, I shook my head before going into the room shutting the door. Letting sleep consume me as whole.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
A/n: This one took a while but I hope you enjoyed this one!

A/n: New chapters are in the process of being written, thank you for being patience. More will be with you shortly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 496 16
Cate Blanchett x Y/N (female) story You've recently befriended a new companion named Dashiell, and one day, he invites you to meet his family. To you...
43.4K 1.4K 50
[Majorly unedited, so be warned. English is not my first language.] Cate and Beatrix had this strong bond, since they met on set years ago. During ci...
11.6K 561 23
[Cate x OC] She was losing herself and didn't know about it. I was lost and aware. When we finally found each other, to be off-course together, we w...
17.8K 846 46
Life, with all it's splendor. Life, with all it's hardness. Life owes us nothing and it takes what is given in the end. These are the hard truth's. ...