The Only One (Hayama Kotaro x...

By Naruse-kun

[1st place in the category 'Hayama Kotaro' of KnB Watty Awards 2015] 'It was a rainy spring day when it happe... More

A Rainy Day
Smile
Follower
Valentine's Day
You Think So?
Feelings
Jokes
Do You Like Me?
I Do
Games
Are You Dumping Me?
Chocolates
Dreams
Different
Together
Surprise
Stronger

Mangas

566 28 4
By Naruse-kun

~A week later, on the rooftop~

"Aiko-chan, do you think I'm acting strange?" Misaki asked placing her hands on her cheeks.

"No, why?" Aiko tilted her head to the side.

"Everytime I run into Akashi-kun he smirks or chuckles... is he making fun of me?" she whispered burying her face in her knees.

"I w-" the roof door opened cutting her off.

"So here you are." Seijuro said closing the door behind him. "I've been looking for you for twenty minutes."

"We have been here the whole time." Aiko said. "Woo, I sounded like Kuroko-kun." she chuckled. "What do you need?"

"Nothing, actually. I was worried because I couldn't find you anywhere." he said sitting next to his sister.

After that on the three of them fell an awkward silence until Aiko spoke.

"Well, since Misaki-chan is too afraid to ask, I'll do it." she said and then coughed. "Why are you always chuckling everytime you see her? Are you making fun of her?"

"A-Aiko-chan." Misaki whispered.

"Uh? No." he stated. "I just find it cute how she blushes everytime she looks at me."

"How can you say something like this so bluntly?" Misaki thought and her eyes widened.

"I guess I should leave now." Aiko said getting up. "I have some...uhm... manager's stuff to do. See you!"

Saying so she got inside the school leaving Misaki and Seijuro alone.

"I-I-I should g-go too." Misaki said getting up. "I-It's about to rain."

"Don't you want to know what I think about you?" he asked resting his left elbow on his left knee lazily.

"I d-don't wanna hear it, actually." she said blushing looking away.

"So you don't care that I've fallen for you?" he asked getting up.

"See? I knew it- wait, you said... what?!" she exclaimed turning towards him.

"I've fallen for you."

"B-But... in a week? That's not ev-"

"I didn't say I've fallen for you in a week." he cut her off. "I've been thinking about you lately and I realized I like you. That's what I wanted to tell you."

"I-I like you too." she blushed madly looking at the ground.

"Then you're my girlfriend from now on." he stated and she hummed in response. "Look at me." he said holding her chin to raise her head.

"T-This is embarrassing." she said looking at the door from the corner of her eye.

"Then I'm going to make it more embarrassing."

"Wha-" she looked at him but his lips cut her off.

"Let's go inside, it's going to rain soon." he said pulling her inside by her hand.

"He kissed me..." she thought looking at his back.

"Sei-cha- oh, hi, Misaki-chan!" Kotaro waved.

"H-Hi." Misaki waved back.

"What is it, Kotaro?"

"Do you know where Aiko-cha- wait, are you two going out?" he asked pointing at their interwined hands. "I knew it!"

"Aiko had something to do as a manager and yes, she's my girlfriend." Seijuro stated.

"Cool!" Kotaro chuckled. "Thank you, see you later!"

~After practice~

Aiko took her phone and saw that Misaki's sent her a message.

Misaki: Sorry! I knew I promised I'd have waited for you but my mom asked me to help her at the shop. :( Did he tell you?

Aiko: Don't worry :) He? Who are we talking about?

Misaki: Akashi-kun.

Aiko: He didn't tell me anything... what happened?

Misaki: We're going out O(≧▽≦)O

Aiko: Really? Then you should start calling him 'Seijuro' or 'Sei'.

Misaki: No! That's super embarrassing!

"When did we exchange roles?" Misaki thought.

Aiko: one day you'll have to. Now I have to go: they're getting out of the locker room. See you :)

Misaki: See you (:

"Who are you talking to?" Seijuro asked.

"Your girlfriend." she chuckled.

"So she told you, uh?" he smirked and Aiko nodded. "I have to stay here a little longer because I have a meeting with the Student Council."

"Ok, see you later!" she said pecking him on his left cheek and walked out of the gym.

"Wow, it's raining heavily, isn't it?" she thought looking up.

"Aiko-chan!" Kotaro called running towards her. "Do you... have an umbrella?" he asked panting once he reached her.

"I do." she said raising her black umbrella.

"Oh... I thought you didn't have one because you were staring at the sky." he said with a sad tone. "I have an umbrella too." he whined raising his blue one.

"Why are you sad?" she asked tilting her head to the side.

"Usually in shoujo mangas the girl doesn't have an umbrella and the guy has to share his." he sighed.

"How come you know this? Wait, now that I think about it, I don't wanna know."

"It's because my sister used to read them and sometimes she told me what happened in her favorite chapters!"

Aiko took his umbrella and opened it laughing.

"Don't laugh, it's true!" he pouted.

"If you wanted to share an umbrella you could have said it sooner." she chuckled taking his hand. "Let's go!"

The two of them walked under the pouring rain until they reached Aiko's house.

"Wanna come inside?" she asked opening the door.

"O-Ok..." he stuttered getting closer as she got inside. "Sorry for the intrusion!" he said putting off his shoes.

"Why so formal all of a sudden?" she chuckled taking his bag to place it beside hers.

"Uh, don't worry. It's nothing!" he said scratching his nape.

~Two weeks later~

"Misaki-chan!" Kotaro called.

"What is it, Hayama-senpai?" she asked turning towards him.

"Do you know where Aiko-chan is?"

"She's sick. She's not coming today."

"Oh, ok. Thank you!" he smiled and run into his class.

"Should I go and see her?" he thought sitting on his chair. "But there's Sei-chan if she needs anything..."

~After practice~

"Kotaro." Seijuro said touching the blond's shoulder.

"What is it?" he turned around.

"I've talked with Aiko. She said she's fine but I don't believe it 'cause she said it after I told her I had a date with Misaki. Would you mind go and check on her? She's going to kill me if I get back home."

"Sure, no problem!" Kotaro smiled. "I'll go now."

~At home~

"Calm down, Kotaro." he thought and after taking a big breath he knocked on the door.

"Aiko-chan, it's me." he exclaimed.

Aiko slowly got up from her bed and walked next to her window to look at the front door.

"What is he doing here?" she thought opening the window.

"Wait a minute, Kotaro-kun. I'm coming down!" she said coughing and he nodded.

She closed the window and walked downstairs.

"Why are you here?" she opened the door squeezing herself into her red blanket.

"I came to see you." he smiled brighty.

"Come in, it's cold outside." she said stepping aside.

Kotaro smiled and got into the house.

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?" she asked coughing while closing the door.

"No need to worry." he smiled. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine." she said and sneezed.

"Really?" he chuckled. "What was that, then?"

"Someone's bad mouthing me." she said before blowing her nose.

"They're bad mouthing heavily, aren't they?" he held back a laugh.

"Oh, shut up!" she blushed looking away.

Kotaro leaned closer to her face, Aiko looked at him rasing a brow and he pressed his forehead on hers.

"Are you crazy?!" she exclaimed blushing, pushing him away by placing her hands on his chest.

"I wanted to check your temperature." he said still holding her by her waist.

"People usually use thermometer!"

"But in shoujo mangas the girl always goes 'doki doki' if the guy do this." he pouted.

"Say 'shoujo manga' again and you won't be able to eat Kappamaki anymore." she ordered.

"No, Kappamaki no! I love them!" he stated. "And yeah, every guy ends up getting sick at the end so..."

"Are you sure your sister read them?" Aiko chuckled walking upstairs. "You seem to know a lot of things."

"It's true!" he said following her.

"Why are you following me?!" she said opening her room door.

"I came here to check on you." he smiled showing his snaggle tooth.

"Tch, fine! Do whatever you want." she said laying on the bed and then hid her face under the blankets.

"I'll be right here until Sei-chan comes back." he whispered taking the chair of Aiko's desk and moved it next to the bed so that he could sit there. "Night."

"It's just... 5:43... pm..." she said before falling asleep.

~An hour later~

Aiko was sleeping on her left side and Kotaro was holding her left hand while resting his head on his crossed arms, looking at his girlfriend's face.

"Kotaro-kun." she whispered causing him to raise his head. "D-Don't leave... me"

"I'm not going to leave you." he stated but he realized her eyes were closed. "Aiko-chan?" he called but she kept silent.

"Oh, she's asleep." he thought. "Wait, what? She called my name! Sweet mother of Kappamaki!"

Kotaro rested his forehead on his crossed arms to hid his blushing face but he moved way to fast so he woke her up.

"Kotaro-kun?" she thought looking at him. "Is he sleeping?"

"Why are you here?" she whispered chuckling.

"You didn't want me to leave." he said still hiding his face.

"I-I thought you were sleeping." she stated sitting up.

"No, I wasn't."

Aiko noticed he was holding her hand and blushed madly.

"You're sleeping face was so cute I couldn't handle it." he admitted blushing.

"I-I'm going to drink some water." she said getting up.

"Uh? No, you need to rest." he said but she kept on walking. "I'll go and take it." he got up from the chair to follow her.

"No need. I can walk on my own!"

"Aiko-chan, if you don't re-"

"I'm just walking, it's not like I'm running around the house." she cut him off walking faster.

Kotaro run downstairs and walked into the kitchen.

"What do you wanna drink?" he asked taking a glass.

"Is he doing this for real?" she thought.

"Water's fine." she said shaking her head slightly while chuckling.

Hello everyone!
Thank you so much for the 300+ views (≧▽≦) I'm so happy! I never thought this story could reach that number lol
This one is officially in the 'KnB Watty Awards'... [I don't remember what I wanted to say about it :/ ]
See you next chapter,
Bakashi_Naruse

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 4.3K 38
Airi Yunabami, a wealthy 15 year old girl, begins her first year of highschool in Rakuzan High after transferring from Hyakkao Private Academy. There...
316K 7K 39
[Please do not copy or repost anywhere. Please read only on Wattpad, anywhere else this story is published isn't affiliated with me and should be rep...
1.7K 82 1
After the events at the Winter Cup, everyone is ready to make Kuroko's special day the best day ever! Kuroko no Basket and its characters belong to T...
447K 13.8K 40
[Seijuro Akashi X OC] Every single day with him was memorable and unforgettable. It had been carved onto my heart, I'll belong to him. Always. Foreve...