Seducing the Careers

Von track-hoe

What happens when a district 3 drop dead gorgeous girl, who also happens to have a genius IQ, is reaped for t... Mehr

Closer to Death
Parade
Allianced
Evaluation
High Score
Interview
Heart to Heart
Chaos
Killing
Glimmer
Rue
Clove
Winner
Game Highlights
Awake
I Don't Want to Forget
Part 2
Return
Nightmare
Snow
Priorities
Tour
Palace Party
Newbie
I'm Not Clove
Tell Me a Secret
Friends
Bonding
Fight
District 7
Mom
Reaping
Training
Goldmine
Deja Vu
Electra
Breakup

Swimming

842 23 2
Von track-hoe

I sigh and open the door. "Hey Jo. I'm home" I say, hoping things weren't still weird from our little fight yesterday.

"Hey, Toni" she responds from the couch, awkwardly staring at me.

I sigh. "See, this is why I didn't want to say anything. Now things are weird" I say.

"I brought you your dinner" she says, ignoring what I just said.

"Thanks" I say, sitting down at the table.

"So. How was your day?" I ask awkwardly.

"Good, I guess. Woke up pretty late, and then I went for a little walk. There was this nice secluded pond. Maybe I can take you on a day that you're free" she says.

"Ooh, so we could go fishing" I suggest.

She gives me an amused look. "That would be fun, but we'd need to get licensed. Also there's no fish" she says.

"Oh" I say, feeling dumb. "Well then we could go swimming"

"Do you even know how to swim, Toni?" she asks with a chuckle.

Most people from the districts couldn't swim, unless they were from 4 like Finnick.

"Well no. Do you?" I mock.

"Actually yes. Finnick taught me" she teases.

"Perfect. Then you can teach me" I say.

Johanna laughs at me. "Alright then. It's a deal"

"It's not dark out yet. Let's go now" I say, wanting to get out more.

"Oh" she says, surprised. "Okay, I guess we could go now"

"Yay! I'll get dressed" I say, excitedly. Johanna chuckles at me.

We get dressed and go outside, trying to be inconspicuous so that people wouldn't notice us.

"Maybe we shouldn't have come out this late. Might be dangerous" says Johanna, gripping my hand a little harder.

I laugh at her. It wasn't even that late. The sun was still visible. Johanna, you do remember that we've killed multiple people, right?" I remind her.

She rolls her eyes at me and keeps walking.

"Toni Hart?!" a teenage looking girl suddenly appears in front of us.

"Oh my god!" she exclaims, while we shush her, not wanting to draw more attention.

She takes a step toward me, and I instinctively back away, while Johanna steps forward.

"Oh, and you're Johanna Mason! Sorry, I mean no harm" the girl whispers, since we shushed her.

"It's just... you are such a big inspiration for me" she says to me.

"Um... thank you?" I respond.

"Oh, you have no idea. I'm part of a big group of working-class women in the scientific and engineering community here in the Capitol. And you have done so much for us. You're like, a big deal" she gushes.

"Really?" I ask, actually intrigued.

"Yes! Representation is everything these days. So because of you, women in STEM is finally 'in'" she says.

"That is.. very cool actually. I'm glad I helped you guys" I say in response.

"I'm Daisy Franklin, by the way" she introduces.

I step forward, surprising Johanna.

"Nice to meet you, Daisy" I say, holding my hand and shaking her hand.

"Well, I'll leave you two to it. It was great meeting you" she says, quickly walking away.

"That girl was so sweet!" I whisper to Johanna.

"I haven't been out in the Capitol much since I won. I guess I didn't realize that they weren't all rich assholes" I say, making her laugh.

"You're cute when you're all happy" she says, giving me a little nudge.

"I'm just glad something good came out of me winning that stupid game" I say, slightly blushing.

"Well there's always the fact that you got to room with Johanna Mason, the best person ever" she jokes.

"Right, how could I forget that?" I chuckle.

We reach the pond and stand next to it.

"Wow, that's a nice view" I say, in awe. I'd never seen a pond before.

"Yeah. Pretty lake, huh?" she agrees.

"Who said anything about a pond" I tease, with a wink.

Johanna rolls her eyes and laughs. It was a cute laugh.

"Right... so, teach. Where do we begin?" I ask.

"Well, probably with this" she says, shoving me into the pond.

I stand up in the pond, completely drenched in water and brush my hair out of my face in annoyance.

"You asshole!" I yell, making her laugh.

"You could've at least waited for me to take my clothes off.

"Yeah, but where's the fun in that" she says, slyly.

"You little—" I splash her with a lot of water.

"Okay, okay. We're even" she says, with a chuckle.

"How are we even? You're barely even wet" I say, getting out of the pond and grabbing her so I could drag her in.

"No, no, Toni, okay. I'm sorry" she apologizes, trying to resist my force.

"Thanks, but I'm already committed to this" I say, finally succeeding in getting her into the pond.

She groans in annoyance and stays in the pond while I strip down to my undergarments and join her.

"My eyes are up here, Jo" I say with a smirk, catching her staring.

She rolls her eyes and gives me a little splash.

"Okay. Take your clothes off and then teach me" I assert.

I see her hesitating.

"Is the Johanna Mason getting all shy on me? I can help, if you want. You know I've got plenty of experience with this sort of thing" I say.

"Shut up" she splashes me.

I gasp dramatically. "Are you blushing" I tease, causing her to splash me multiple times in a row.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry" I laugh, clearing my wet hair off of my face.

**time skip******

"I don't know how you do it. I can't even keep my head above water for ten seconds" I complain.

"I think we finally found something that Golden Girl isn't perfect at" she teases.

"Here. Grab onto the bank and start kicking" she instructs.

"Ew. That mud's not even stable. I'll slip and drown, and then you're gonna have to give me mouth-to-mouth, which I'm afraid you'll enjoy far too much" I joke.

"Alright, Hart. Would you rather grab onto me?" she asks, rolling her eyes.

"Yes I would, actually" I say, putting my hands on her shoulders. I hear her gulp a little. Cute.

"So how is it?" I ask, kicking my legs.

She tilts her head to the side to look at my legs.

"And keep your eyes off my ass" I tease.

She chuckles. "Straighten your legs"

"I'm trying" I groan.

"Sorry about yesterday. By the way" she says, making me look up at her.

It made me realize how close our faces were. I must've stopped kicking, because my feet were on the ground now.

"I shouldn't have pried" she says quietly, looking into my eyes.

"It's okay. I'm glad you care" I say, my stomach fluttering at our closeness.

She looks down. "What happened to the kicking?" she teases.

"I guess I was distracted" I whisper.

"Yeah?" she asks. I hum in affirmation.

"Do you think I could maybe..." she trails off, her eyes flickering to my lips.

"Maybe" I whisper in response.

I don't really know who initiated or who leaned in first, but my eyes close and our lips connect.

My hands shift from her shoulders to her head, and we kiss until I break away for breath.

"If you wanna swim, we need to work on your breath-holding" Johanna teases, making me chuckle.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

79.7K 3.4K 31
You either become brilliant, or you get killed. When Alyssa was invited to a boarding school to learn magic, she was expecting something out of a Har...
19.6K 618 31
Harmony Skylar, a volunteer from district 2 and victor of the 70th Hunger Games. Growing up in a career district with a brother as a victor, Harmon...
134K 4.3K 44
"...the other Capitol Darling. Incredibly popular in the Capitol they love her here, she has been a favourite of many for years. Charismatic, charmin...
3.7K 86 17
"Hate to break it to you babe, but only one of us is coming out of this alive, and it's gonna be me." "In your dreams princess." It's time for the an...