I found

By smeagolismylove

Arkadia and Trikru high are rival schools. Especially with their rugby teams. Clarke is not big on sports, bu... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
Part 9

8

16 0 0
By smeagolismylove

I wake up to a sound coming from the room above us. I can hear things falling and what sounds like someone moving around on the ground. My watch says it's 2:57 am. I'm so exhausted so I try to fall back asleep, but the person above us is still making so much noise. I groan before getting out of bed and silently leaving the room and heading upstairs. I have no idea where I'm going so I'm trying my best to follow the sound.

The sound leads me to a door that is closed, with the lights on inside. I can hear the person groaning from outside. I knock on the door quietly. No one answers. I slowly turn the handle and the door opens. The lights blind me at first but when my eyes adjust I can see Lexa lying on the floor beside the toilet. I quickly close the door and rush to kneel beside her on the floor.

"Lexa!" I whisper shout at her. I grab her and examine her face. Her eyes flutter open and our eyes meet.

"Wha-?"

"What happened? Are you okay?"

"Where am I?" She asks in a groggy voice.

"On the bathroom floor."

"Are we still at the party?"

"No, you're at Lincoln's house."

"Oh."

She closes her eyes for a moment before opening them again.

"Why are you here then?"

I was about to reply when she shoots up in a sitting position and starts vomiting into the toilet. I grab her hair and hold it away from her face. She throws up one more time and just slumps against the toilet bowl in pure exhaustion.

I grab her by the shoulders and pull her away from the toilet bowl and lean her against the bathtub. I grab a damp face cloth and wipe her mouth. She is still wearing her makeup from before, and her mascara is all smudged under her eyes. I look around in the cupboard under the sink and to my surprise I found some makeup wipes. I grab them, then start wiping Lexa's eyes and then the rest of her face to get everything off. She is still slumped against the bathtub with her eyes closed, and I can almost swear she's sleeping. I put away the wipes and think about what to do with her. Do I leave her here? Do I drag her off to a bedroom? What if she needs to throw up again? I have no idea which room she is sleeping in, and I doubt she will be any help in finding it.

I'm sitting on the ground against the door when I hear her mutter something.

"What?" I say

"Thank you." She rolled onto her side and is now laying on the ground.

I get up and go over to her. "Come on, I'm not letting you sleep on the floor, where's your room?"

"Noooo" she groans at me, "I'm to tired to walk. Just toss me a towel and I'll use it as a blanket."

"Oh my god, no come on." I grab her arm and pull her into a sitting position. I then grab both her arms and try to pull her up. She just slumps back onto the ground, and of course, continues groaning.

"You have to help me a little bit. Please."

"Eughhhh." she exclaims. I grab her arms again and she actually helps me get her to her feet. She stumbles into me and I have to grab her so she doesn't fall over.

After a long and hard five minute journey of Lexa almost falling over and face planting into walls, we made it to the bedroom which was the room right next to the bathroom. The second she felt the edge of the bed she flopped onto it and laid there.

"Come on Lexa, lay properly." I maneuvered her until she was laying the proper way.

I sat beside her on the bed out of exhaustion. It was now 3:30am and I am just yearning for sleep.

"Stay."

What? Had I heard her properly?

"Clarke?"

"Yes, I'm here."

"Stay with me"

I don't know what to do. I barley know this girl and she wants me to sleep with her?

"Please." she added.

"Um, okay." I scootch up the bed and lay beside her.

I'm laying on top of the covers because it would feel weird to be under them with her. I'm laying on my back staring at the ceiling when she speaks again.

"Thank you."

I stayed silent and didn't reply. Soon enough I could hear her lightly snoring. Do I leave now that she's asleep? Do I creep out and go back to my room with Wells? I decide to wait a bit longer so I'm sure she's fully asleep. I close my eyes while I wait for 10 minutes to go by.

9:45am

I am awaken by a knock on the door. I shoot up into a sitting position. I immediately put my arm on the person laying beside me.

"Wells, omg, Wells wake up what time is is?"

I get no answer.

"Wells?"

I look down beside me and am completely shocked. It's fucking Lexa. When did this happen? Why am I in her bed?

Another knock on the door.

"Lexa wake up! Is Clarke with you? Wells can't find her downstairs"

I jump out of the bed and rush to open the door. It's Lincoln. Right when he sees my face he contorts to a shocked expression. Then it changes to a... smirk?

"Umm hey, Wells is wondering where you are. You should probably head downstairs."

"Yea thanks" I push past him and hurry downstairs. What the fuck just happened? Was I there the whole night? When did I even get there?

"Clarke!" Wells yells at me the second I turn the corner at the bottom of the stairs.

"Where the hell were you? You weren't in bed and not in any of the bathrooms either."

"Yea... about that." I look down at my feet in... shame?

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know but... I kinda um.. you know... woke up with Lexa?"

"You're joking."

"I wish"

"Bro. What the fuck do you mean "you know"! How the fuck? Why were you in her bed?!"

"I wish I knew! I have no recollection of anything. I remember getting here and getting in bed with YOU and going to sleep!"

"What's going on?" It wasn't Wells's voice this time. It was Lexa's.

"Nothing, we were just getting ready to leave." I instantly spit out. I can barely look at her. My memory is so so clouded. Did we... do anything? I faintly remember her flirting with me at the party. I'm not even into girls! So I definitely didn't do anything with her. Right?

I finally look up at her and our eyes meet.

"Um okay." Is all she says. She turns around and disappears into the kitchen.

"Let's get our things and leave."

"Yea sure good idea." Answers Wells.

Five minutes later we are both ready to leave. We left the clothing Lincoln lent us folded on the bed and put the clothes we wore last night back on. My shirt smelt like alcohol and I was already looking forward to my post party shower when we get home.

We quickly said bye to Lincoln and thanked him for letting us stay and he thanked us for driving him and Lexa back to his.

"I hope to see you two again, on the rugby field this time though I hope." He and Wells laugh.

We stop on our drive home to get some breakfast at Timmie's and get home about an hour after leaving Lincoln's house.

The second I step inside my house mom is yelling at me. Telling me how worried she was all morning and how irresponsible I am and how I am never allowed to go out again. I groan at her scolding and head to my room to have my very needed shower.

Lexa's POV:

Clarke and Wells had left an hour ago and in that time Lincoln had whipped up a breakfast for the both of us. He gave me a drink which he called his special hangover cure. I'm pretty sure it was just lemon tea with some cardamom and honey but whatever he says I guess.

After breakfast I had a shower in my bathroom, which is just the guest bathroom but I use it so much that its basically mine. I have all my makeup wipes, face cleansers and more skincare in the drawers. I also have my own towels and shower stuff so I never have to bring my own or borrow Lincolns. For Christmas last year his mom had bought me a bunch of bath bombs and lotions to leave here incase I ever wanted to use them while I was over. Lincolns family has been like a second family to me ever since I could remember.

After my shower I stole some of Lincolns sweats and a t-shirt to wear because I didn't have any clean clothes. I stayed at his house until 1pm and then finally went home.

Right when I got home Aiden was all on me asking me where I was. Mom and dad didn't even care, as long as I come home in one piece they don't really mind what I do or where I go. Aiden was still nagging at me as I'm trying to get up the stairs. He follows into my room and sits on my bed waiting for me to answer all his questions.

"I was at a party."

"All night?!"

"No, I went to Lincolns house to spend the night."

"Oh. Did you meet any new girls?"

"Bro what the fuck?" I snap at him

"But I thought you're trying to find a new girlfriend because Costia broke up with you?"

"That's not how it works, now get out before I throw you out myself." He gets up and immediately runs out.

I flop on my bed and let out a sigh of exhaustion. Then I realized something. I hadn't thought about Costia in a while. Or at least I don't remember thinking about her. Maybe I sent her a text last night and I don't remember. Actually, I don't really remember anything from last night. I remember arriving at the party with Lincoln and some others. Then drinking quite a bit. And I remember Clarke. And that guy she was with. I forget who he was. A friend to her? A boyfriend? I can't remember. I hope he wasn't a boyfriend though. Not that I like her or anything... I barely know her.

I shoot up when I remember something again.

"Oh no no no nooooo!" I curse myself out loud.

"God damnit." I had just remembered a bit from last night. Not from the party, but at Lincolns house. I remember getting up sometime at the night and running to the bathroom to throw up. Then I remember Clarke. She helped me I'm pretty sure. She helped me to my bed. And I don't think she left the room. That explains why the spot on the bed beside me looked like it had been slept on top of. No way I did that again. Asking someone to stay with me. God I really need to stop doing that. She definitely thinks I'm weird as hell. Whatever not like I'm going to see her again. She definitely doesn't seem like the kind of person to play rugby, so I won't be seeing her on the pitch.

4:30pm

I've been laying in bed scrolling on TikTok for the past hour. I finally stop doom scrolling and switch to Instagram to check my messages. Most of my messages are requests from girls trying to hit me up, a bunch of useless groupchats and my friends sending me reels. I don't open any of them though, at least not right now I'm really not feeling like talking to anyone. I scroll through my feed then stop when I see the suggested accounts pop up and one catches my eye. I haven't seen this one on here before. The name is immediately familiar.

Clarke Griffin

I tap on her profile. Her profile picture looks like a piece of art. A drawing of a forest or something. Her account is private so I cant really see anything other than her bio which just says "Arkadia '24". Do I request to follow her? Or will she think I'm a stalker or something. We don't have any mutuals so it would be hard to believe she came up as suggested. I was about to scroll away from  her account when I made the split second decision to follow her. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. Whatever, it doesn't matter if she accepts me or not, I don't care.  I turn off my phone and decide it's time to start my homework.

Clarkes POV:

I'm drawing on my bed when I hear my phone buzz. I ignore it and keep drawing. This time I put a towel under my drawing book so I have no chance of getting any Characole on my bed. I'm drawing a set of eyes. I don't know where I'm going with this drawing but I felt like drawing something new and this is all I had in my head for ideas.

I kept drawing for 30 minutes more before my hand was getting cramped so I took a break. I got up and washed my hands in my bathroom before returning to my bed to check my phone. I had a few notifications, mostly from Snapchat but I also had one from Instagram. My heart almost lept out of my body when I read the notification. I let out the biggest gasp in my life and clutched my throat like a scared rich lady clutching her pearls.

The notification said:
"Lexa_woods14 has requested to follow you"

I don't know why I reacted the way I did when I saw the notification. My heart is still racing when I went to tap on it. Maybe it was an accident? But no, there it was, Lexa's follow request. Her account is public so I decide to do some quick stalking first. But is it even stalking if the account is public? No way.

She has a lot of followers, 1873 to be exact, but she's only following 369. Why is she wanting to follow me then? She only has 4 posts so I look at them. The most recent is from winter. Some cute photos of her and her friends, a couple nature photos and one photo of her and a girl kissing infront of a Christmas tree. What the fuck??

Was she not literally flirting with me at the party? You know what, maybe she's not a girlfriend, maybe it's just a close friend and she's the kind of person to kiss her friends and post photos of it. Hopefully. Even though that's weird a shit.

I scroll down to the next one which is from summer. There's a couple rugby photos. She has her hair in these cute braids and in one of them she's has strips of black face paint under her eyes and so does everyone else on her team. One photo everyone's wearing a gold medal so I'm guessing this was from a tournament? I look at the caption and it says something about a provincial championship tournament. Thats when I remembered I had gone to one of those games to watch Wells play. It was a huge deal I guess because so many people were there watching and there were so many teams as well. I think Wells's team came in second or third but I don't remember fully.

I scroll down again and it's a photo from last spring, after the school rugby season was over I guess judging by her caption. I'm scrolling through the photos when I see one photo and my breath hitches in my throat. She's got a medal in her mouth, flexing her right arm and her left hand is pulling up her jersey revealing her toned abs. My mouth falls open and I can't help but stare at the photo. Her braids are so perfectly messy and she has that eye black on again. The black really makes her green eyes pop. She's got a cut on the top right side of her forehead that's being held together by a small zip stitch bandage. I can't take my eyes away from the photo. It's everything, the eyes, the hair, the flexed arm, the abs, how her legs look in her rugby shorts, how her nose is scrunched while she is biting the medal. I realize my heart is pounding and my breathing is different. I snap out of it and quickly scroll to the next photo in the post. It's another group photo and Lexa is in the middle with a huge trophy on her knee and another person who's kneeling with her. Reading her caption I see that they won first in provincials for the school season. I remember that my schools girls team got second. I guess they beat them in the last game. Now it makes sense why everyone at the meeting was hyping up beating Trikru high this year. I scroll to the next photo and my breath hitches in my throat again. But not for the same reason as the first time. It's that girl again from the Christmas photo. She's hugging Lexa around the waist kissing her on the cheek. Lexa has the biggest smile on her face in the photo. Her arm draped over the blondes shoulder. I suddenly felt sick. I exit Instagram and sit in silence for a minute. Reflecting on what I just saw.

I'm not sure why I feel the way I do. I try and brush off the feeling by going downstairs to help mom with making dinner. I was trying my best to keep my mind busy but Lexa kept coming back into my head, more specifically those photos of her with that blonde girl. I can't help but feel sick again when I think about how she was flirting with me but she has a girlfriend. How I slept in the same bed with her after only knowing her for one night. I know that's not really cheating, but it's still wrong. God I feel terrible for her girlfriend. But I know guilt isn't the only emotion I'm feeling in this moment.

That other emotion I'm feeling, it's jealousy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 6.2K 70
Popular artsy girl, Clarke Griffin goes to Polis High with her best friends Octavia and Raven. They navigate their happy lives as the get into relat...
130K 3.7K 46
Clarke Griffin moves to a new town after her dads death Lexa Woods has a haunted past and is the schools uptight stone cold bitch But something about...
93.8K 3.2K 52
(this is kind of poorly written) Clarke lives in TonDC, New Jersey and she's seventeen. She's been bullied almost all of her lie. She has no friends...
79.2K 2K 32
Clarke Griffin was moving into senior year when a new girl Lexa Woods came to Arkadia highschool, she had moved from Polis high. Clarke was your...