Pokemon Brick Bronze: A novel

By UhhIdunno009

Play has lived in the Roria region all his life, and has never ventured out of Mitis town, but on his tenth b... More

Mitis town
The Tragedy
After Her!
Silvent City
Turning up the heat
Team Eclipse's first attempt
The Brimber gym
Bidoof lumberjacks
Lagoona Town
Rosecove Beach
Team Eclipse's Second attempt
Prep for Rosecove Gym
Rosecove Gym
Vs Jake and Tess
Rotom's Mansion
A Mysterious Pokémon
Craganos Quests
Anthian City
Anthian Gym
A Dark truth Revealed
Team Eclipse's Third Attempt
Journey to the City of Sand
Aredia City
Battle against the Prince

Anthian's Sewer

22 0 1
By UhhIdunno009

"Well wasn't that fun?" Play told himself, as he exited Anthian's gym, four badges now residing in his badge case.

"Now I can join Tess and the others in the library and finally-." Play's thought process was cut off as a huge, orange and black vehicle thundered over his head. Play looked up in shock to see a huge, aircraft of sorts, but what made his blood curl, was the infamous Team Eclipse logo on the side of the aircraft.

"What are those guys up to now." Play growled, gritting his teeth. In an instant, Play set off running down Anthian's battle district. He had to get find out what Team Eclipse was up to, when all of a sudden, he remembered his Pokemon were weak and tired from battling. There was no use in going after the team if his Pokemon couldn't fight.

Play burst into the battle district Pokemon centre, startling the nurse working there.

"Can you heal my Pokemon as quickly as possible please." Play pleaded. "I'm in a rush." The nurse looked slightly put out.

"Of course." She said quickly, before taking Play's balls and disappearing for a moment. Play didn't know how long he waited, all he knew was that he wanted his Pokemon in good shape, as fast as possible. But not after too long, the nurse returned with his Pokemon.

"Thank you." Play said, before rushing out of the centre.

He hadn't gotten very far, when all of a sudden, he spotted Tess and Gerald standing outside of the Pokèball emporium. To Play's surprise, Tess was crying. He instantly stopped.

"Where's Jake?" Play thought desperately.

"Play!" Tess cried out. 

"What's happened?" Play asked quickly. "Where's Jake?"

"That stupid boy." Gerald sighed.

"I never should have let him go." Tess sobbed.

"Let him go where?" Play asked through gritted teeth, his voice shaking slightly with nerves. Tess continued to sob as Gerald hugged her.

"Your friend Jake." Gerald said. "Went off to face Team Eclipse on his own as soon as they landed here. It seems Team Eclipse is definitely here for a reason." Gerald then sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "If that boy's lucky, he'll be simply kicked out of the general area. If not..they'll capture him. Tess stopped crying.

"We have to go after him." She said, her voice quaking with sadness.

"No no NO!" Gerald shouted, using a tone of voice Play had never heard before. "I am not losing you too, like I lost my brother! You will stay here, where you are safe!" 

"NO!" Tess yelled back in defiance. "Jake is my friend, and I'd want him to do the same thing for me." Gerald opened his mouth to speak again.

"And fair enough, I'd probably be crushed in minutes by Team Eclipse's Pokemon." Tess said. "But I know someone who won't crack so easily." Tess then turned to Play.

"Play can go with me." Tess said. "Team Eclipse wouldn't stand a chance against the two of us."

"She's right." Play said. "I just beat Gym Leader Stephen after all." Gerald's face was screwed up in anger, his eyes darting back and fourth between Tess and Play. He looked like he was about to get even more angry when all of a sudden, his rage melted. His expression was replaced with a sort of nostalgic sadness.

"You sounded just like your father then." Gerald sighed, before looking like he was about to cry. He turned to Play.

"Play." He said, with 100% seriousness. "If you'd protect my niece with your life. I'd be eternally grateful." Play nodded in response.

"Of course."

"Does this mean you'll help us then?" Tess asked. Gerald slowly nodded his head.

"Indeed." He replied. "I'll let you through the sewers at the back of the shop. You'll be much safer that way. It should be a direct route to where Team Eclipse docked their ship. With any luck, you'll be able to rescue your friend." Play and Tess nodded their heads. Gerald then lead to the two the back of his shop. Just to the side of them, was a set of stairs that led down to a shiny metal door. It's unlikely a pedestrian would have noticed it on a walk through the street. Gerald walked down the steps holding a metal key. He placed the key in the lock and turned it, before pulling the door open. He looked back up at Play and Tess.

"Good luck you two." He said gravely. "I'm rooting for you." Play and Tess started down the steps. Tess hugged Gerald.

"Thank you uncle." Gerald looked down at Tess with a bright smile, he suddenly looked ten years younger.

"I'll see you on the other side." He said with a smile.

Me and Tess stepped into the surprisingly bright sewers and shut the door behind us. They began down the corridor. Play didn't know what to expect, but the same thing was on the two of their minds.

"Find Jake."

Pretty soon, the brightly lit, metallic white corridor they found themselves in turned off into a more dimly lit, not as nice smelling area. The whole area was made of stone, and thick, green sour looking liquids poured through a giant channel in the middle of the space.

"I should've known when Uncle Gerald said 'Sewers'." Tess remarked, wrinkling her nose.

"Better this than fighting Team Eclipse on the surface eh?" Play said with a smile. Tess smiled back, her eyes were a little red still from crying, but her mood seem to have changed from hopelessness to determination. Then, Play asked a risky question.

"I don't wanna sound intrusive or anything." Play began. "But Gerald said something about his brother-."

"That was my dad." Tess said. "Both of my parents went on some sort of expedition to this island. They were researching something like Y-Crystals or something. I wasn't listening." Then there was silence.

"But they didn't come back, did they?" Play asked. Tess suddenly stopped in her tracks. Play instantly felt stupid.

"No." She said, staring at the floor. "They think it was an accident with the boat. You should have seen the size of the search party though. They were researchers. Respected ones."

"I'm sorry." Play said. "I get it. I mean, I literally do." Tess smiled back at him. 

"Maybe one day we can track down my parents." Tess sighed. "I was only little when I last saw them." This small, moment of connection between the two seem to carry over when they were beginning to find their way around Anthian sewers when all of a sudden, a girl surprised them round the corner.

"What are you doing around here?" She barked.

"None of your business." Play tried continuing on, when the girl blocked him.

"You aren't getting past here without a battle." She snarled.

"I don't have time for this." Play mumbled, trying to pass again, the girl stood her ground. 

"Are you kidding me-."

"Hold on Play." Tess said, walking forward. She stopped just in front of the girl, with deadly venom in her eyes.

"Battle me!" Tess demanded.

"Fine by me." The girl sighed. "So long as I get one battle in today." Play stood back as the girl and Tess assumed their positions about ten feet away from each other.

"Go Gothitelle!"

"Go Gabite!"

The two Pokemon assumed their positions and stared each other down.

"Dark Pulse!" The girl yelled. Gothitelle formed a ball of dark energy between it's hands before firing it in a beam towards the dragon type.

"Dig!" Tess said. With rapid movements of it's arms. Gabite literally burrowed it's way under the hard rock and disappeared for a moment. Gothitelle looked confused before Gabite burst out of the ground with an uppercut to Gothitelle's jaw that sent it stumbling back a little.

"Shadow Claw!" Gabite's claws extended into phantom like stands of energy before it jabbed forward, slashing at Gothitelle. This did damage, and nearly brought Gothitelle to it's knees.

"PSYCHIC!" The girl yelled. Gothitelle raised it's hand in front of itself before firing a single wave of psionic energy right towards Gabite.

"Dragon Claw." Tess said, taking time and pride with every syllable. Gabite could sense Tess's determination as it's entire right hand glowed a deep purple. The dragon type kicked off the ground before aiming it's arm and the claws on it in a heavy, deep arc that slashed diagonally across and simply dispersed the psychic in seconds. Gabite didn't stop though, it carried on going and slashed into Gothitelle, it's momentum not halted at all. The Pokemon stood there for a second in shock for a moment, before it's body suddenly went limp and it collapsed to the floor, not moving, unconscious.

"Good job Gabite." Tess said, returning Gabite to it's ball. The girl simply stood there in shock, her mouth wide open.

"Come on Play." Tess said, grabbing his arm and leading him right past the girl. Play looked back one more time, and the girl still hadn't moved from her position.

Play and Tess were about to get to the other side of the sewer, they could feel it. When they passed what had felt like the one millionth damp room, they came across one with light inside it. Stopping to look, Play could see two scientists, with vibrantly coloured hair, operating over what looked like a word table. Their backs were to Play and Tess, so they couldn't see what they were doing.

"Weird." Play muttered.

After seeing the two scientists, Play finally felt his hand bump against a hard, metal door, similar to the one they'd entered the sewer from. Play tried the door handle, thank god it was unlocked.

"Is this the exit?" Tess asked quickly.

"I think so." Play responded. Play opened the door as the two stepped out into the light. They were right in front of a metal fence of sorts. Play was about to wonder if they'd gone the wrong way, when Tess touched his arm.

"Play." She murmured.

"What?"

"Look over there." Play turned to follow Tess's vision, and what he saw upset, worried and horrified him. Standing just in front of Team Eclipse's ship, was Jake. And he was surrounded by team Eclipse members.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 24 9
Note: EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE CHARACTERS, MAP, GAME PREMISE BELONGS TO JJ STUDIOS! I only added a few changes that are not included in the game mech...
21K 276 60
Millie, an eleven-year-old girl who lives in the Alola region, has always dreamed of being a pokemon trainer. But her mother believes pokemon are dan...
677 32 23
Randal Silverwood, a 14-year-old highschool student who lives in the Unova region lost his mother, while his abusive father pressured him on everythi...
32K 341 13
Ash has just lost in the Indigo League, due to his Charizard's disobedience. As he and Pikachu are thinking things over by a lake, they are sure in f...