Devil May Love | Niklaus Mik...

By JarrodYouSuck

[Completed] "I could love the devil as long as that devil loves me as much as he loves Hell" Evangeline Salv... More

Preface
Chapter One: Evangeline
Chapter Two: Dragon Breath
Chapter Four: Price for the Cure
Chapter Five: Ray Sutton
Chapter Six: Evangeline's Story
Chapter Seven: Pure Loneliness
Chapter Eight: Tornado
Chapter Nine: Chicago
Chapter Ten: Not-so-St. Stefan
Chapter Eleven: Spitfire
Chapter Twelve: Do You Think I'll Die?
Chapter Thirteen: Bring Me Back
Chapter Fourteen: With or Without You
Chapter Fifteen: Trapped
Chapter Sixteen: Ultimate Importance
Chapter Seventeen: Ties That Bind
Chapter Eighteen: Elijah's Return
Chapter Nineteen: Family Above All
Chapter Twenty: Mother Dearest
Chapter Twenty One: Give Me Love
Chapter Twenty Two: Dangerous Liaisons
Chapter Twenty-Three: Life of an Ex-Salvatore
Chapter Twenty-Four: Obstruct Love
Chapter Twenty Five: Enamored
Chapter Twenty-Six: Transformation
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Cruel Intentions
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Forthcoming Fate
Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Sunrise before the Sacrifice
Chapter Thirty: Do Not Go Gentle
Epilogue

Chapter Three: The Bite

35.3K 760 398
By JarrodYouSuck

The first person I spotted was Stefan who looked slightly annoyed, no doubt because of my late arrival as Elena tried to comfort him. I gave her a point for that as I took note of the lightly tanned blonde and coffee with creamer colored brunette as I approached the table. Stefan saw me and stood giving me a 'took you long enough' smile before I stood next to him facing Elena's friends.

"Caroline, Bonnie, this is my sister Evangeline Salvatore" he said gesturing to the blonde and brunette in front of me.

The blonde squealed and pulled me into a hug before I could react, I threw Stefan a wary look as I slightly hugged her back then pushed her off as nicely as possible.

"Sorry, I'm a hugger, Caroline Forbes; it's an honor to meet Stefan's younger sister!"

I almost winced at her energy and forced a smile, "Older, love, I was changed at 18"

The brunette stood up next giving me a skeptical look, "Hi, I'm Bonnie Bennett, it's nice to meet you"

As soon as I shook her hand, she got this weird look on her face—that I expected since she is a Bennett witch—before she gave me an ugly glare and snatched her hand away.

"Okay then..." I said laughing a little, "Nice to meet you t—"

"What the hell are you?" She didn't put it lightly; she actually laid the rudeness on thick.

"Bonnie!" Elena exclaimed, looking displeased and embarrassed by her best friend's rudeness.

I gave her a dismissive smile, "Its fine, I've gotten this routine with witches all over. I'm a vampire Bonnie"

She didn't look like she believed me, "No, I saw more than that, I saw what I see when I touched Klaus, too much power and a lot of death on your hands"

I sighed, "Well, my best friend is a very powerful witch and hasn't every vampire killed people? I am ashamed of what I have done without my humanity but everyone has rough patches in their past that they're ashamed of so please do not judge me. Maybe you felt the same aura as Klaus because we're both cursed to be different"

I didn't really want to play that card with her but I didn't want to tell her of my human-dragon hybrid side. My heartbeat was livelier because a slither of me was more human than most vampires. I could survive on a good enough balance of food and blood because of that.

The young witch gave me a sympathetic look, "I'm sorry I just get a little protective sometimes"

She shot a glance at Elena who looked at me sheepishly and I understood.

"You're alright, I would be protective of my friends as well due to the circumstances" I reassured her.

"Stefan told me that you went to Paris before the Eiffel Tower was built, what was that like?" Elena asked seeming to desperately want to change the topic of conversation.

I thought back to it and smiled, ah Paris.

"It was just as beautiful as it is now, the people were sociable, the food was to die for, and it still had the atmosphere of love"

"Did you fall in love with a hot Frenchman?" Caroline asked grinning.

I chuckled, "I wouldn't say I fell in love with the Frenchmen but I sure did have some fun. I won't be speaking about it because—judging by the look on my brother's face—I'd get into quite some trouble"

Stefan nodded in agreement completely unashamed and all of us girls laughed at him. Elena and her friends turned out to be very genuine and quite friendly but like most teenagers, they were set that they were right about everything. Especially Niklaus which I don't blame them because of the havoc he let loose on them.

"He's the most conniving, malicious, manipulative people I've ever met" Was how Caroline described him and I believed her even if I hadn't seen it in him when we met.

"He's a monster" Said Bonnie as she clenched her knuckles looking as though she could picture his face and was ready to rip it apart.

I looked at Elena for her angry comment but she just looked down at the wood of the table sadly tracing a small circle in it with her index finger.

"He's the reason I lost my Aunt and my biological father in almost the same day" I felt my heart drop at her words.

I understood how losing a parent felt of course so I sympathized with her. She seemed like someone who dealt with a lot of loss and wouldn't be able to function if she dealt with any more.

"I'm sorry" I said to her, partially apologizing for being so friendly with Klaus.

~~~

I drove home after leaving the Grill while Stefan went home with Elena so I think we both know what was about to go down, wink-wink. From what I collected during the little dinner, Elena seemed to be what everything seemed to revolve around, everyone was collectively trying to save her. I'm sure that bitch Katherine must be jealous as hell of the attention she gets.

Anyway, Elena came off as nice but a bit naïve and stubborn but I could tell Stefan absolutely loved her and I loved seeing my little brother happy. Caroline was kind of intense and a little bit of a kiss ass but she seemed cool enough I guess. Bonnie was definitely my favorite though, she seemed very kick ass and like she didn't take shit from anyone, my kind of person. I did know they all wanted to know how I looked how I looked while being the sister of Damon and Stefan. Sure I had green eyes and brown hair like my little brother but I had a mane of curls and skin a few shades darker. I wasn't quite ready to share all of my tale though so I ignored it but I was sure Stefan would spill the beans to Elena who would then tell her friends so it'd come out eventually. I had a feeling there were no secrets with this group.

Damon's car was gone when I came to the Boardinghouse so I just shrugged and went inside to search for their blood supply. I hadn't fed in weeks because I was starting to gain a better appetite for food that I didn't quite understand but I did know I was having an O-positive craving.

I found their fridge pretty easy and grabbed a blood bag before going back to the mid-level of the house to the kitchen. Being the weirdo I was, I warmed the blood up like it was tea then poured it into a mug. I finished it off and it was nearly midnight when neither brother walked in.

Deciding to get some sleep, I went up to my in-suite bathroom and took a shower. After I was done, I went into my bedroom unleashing a burst of steam before changing into a pair of navy blue sweatpants that were fitted to my thighs then got loose with a warm inner lining and a mint green camisole before climbing into my soft, silk bed sheets. It wasn't long before I was nodding off to sleep.

I woke up with my phone ringing making me groan but reach out for it, pulling it from the charger.

I didn't bother checking the ID because there were only three people who could be calling me this early in the morning.

"Sister Salvatore speaking" I chirped sarcastically through my sleepiness.

"You made yourself sound like a nun" Damon said through my phone but he sounded like he was in pain.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What's wrong Damon?"

"I um...might've gotten into a little debacle with a...werewolf...and it's starting to er...make an impact"

My throat closed up and it felt as though my whole world stopped.

"Wh-what?" I whispered feeling tears begin to flood into my eyes.

"Ev I ...I was bitten and it's starting to get bad" He said in a faint voice.

I let out a small sob, "What?! Damon where are you?!"

"Outside the house" He said making it seem like just saying those few words took all of his energy.

Without hanging up the phone, I sped out of my house at a vampire pace and saw my brother slumped against a man with light brown hair I didn't recognize. Ignoring the man for the time being, I rushed over to my brother and helped get him back into the house.

"You must be Evangeline" The man said, "I'm Alaric Saltzman, a friend of your brothers'"

"Call me Evan" I said quietly as I helped get him into his bed, "Do you know what happened to him?"

"Before the sacrifice, he killed a werewolf named Jules and today a friend of hers thought biting him would be good enough revenge" Alaric explained to me.

The words echoed in my head like a bad song that wouldn't my mind as I looked at my dying older brother. So many tears were falling that I probably had a growing pool on the part of the bed I was sitting near.

"Where is Stefan?"

"He's on his way" Alaric said giving me a helpless look.

I never felt so useless in my life, "Please tell me there is some type of magical cure for this"

Putting my head down, I held the hand of an unconscious Damon, "I can't lose him. I just got him back"

I'd actually been speaking to the man above but the man beside me answered.

"Actually there may be" I snapped my head up at him, urging for him to continue, "If anyone would know of a cure, it would be—"

"Niklaus Mikaelson"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.6K 536 89
Nick Salvatore, adoptive son of Damon and Elena Salvatore. Nick hasn't always had it easy, when it comes to life. He goes to mystic falls high, where...
122K 2K 60
What if Damon and Stefan Salvatore had a little sister? What if she fell hard for their Mortal Enemy? Well In this story, you'll get the answers to...
259K 8K 39
After being saved by his brother only for him to give up himself to the hybrid, Damon couldn't help blaming himself for his brother's despair. Wha...
54.9K 1.7K 12
*Soulmate AU* "I know this isn't the most ideal situation and that none of you expected to have to share me..." Taylor starts hesitantly. "...and I k...