π”Žπ”¦π”°π”° π”ͺ𝔒 π”Ÿπ”’π”£π”¬π”―π”’ 𝔢...

By S1r3n2

All characters are above the age of 21. Fem! Reader Disclaimer! Mentions of: Drug use Sexual topics/environme... More

!Disclaimer!
~Prologue~
~First day jitters~
~Fuck me like you mean it~
~good girl~
~Hatred, Love, and Everything Invetween~
~Never Ending Story~
~Repetition~
~Who is She?~
~Within Itself~
~Revenge~
~Tension~
~Actions Speak Louder than Words~
~Amends~
~finale~

~Lovers Quarrel~

738 21 61
By S1r3n2

Wc: 2098

Comment any ideas/concerns here. I'm always open to ideas that could further in the plot. If you want to text me privately, text me on here, or add my Discord:
yyqnderi

Have a good day/afternoon/night!

Okay. A lot happened last week- and I think it's proper that we go over all of it. Not only did I hook up with the velvet. The most popular pop star right now- by the way. Her "date" that ditched her found out we did it.

Turns out, velvet is not a goddess when it comes to honesty.

Her dates name, I found out was Orchid. She was drop dead gorgeous- nothing compared to me. After me and Velvet had a moment, she kicked me out of the car. I didn't understand why until I was yanked off of the ground. It was a purple haired girl, she looked viciously angry. She had on a white blouse that draped lowly. She had a long brown coat that draped just below her knees. The blouse was tucked into a black, sleek, pair of pants. Her hair was half down and half tied up, allowing her neck to show. She had on small golden jewelry.

I found out though, she didn't only have jewelry around her neck. I found out she had diamond rings that covered her fingers. I found this out, when they collided with the space in between my eyes. I tried desperately to explain that Velvet started it- but Orchid refused to talk to me. She screamed at me and only was I able to find some relief and safety from her relentless punches when My boss came out to stop the commotion.

It was so embarrassing- I've never fought and the first time I did, I didn't fight back. I was pampered by almost everyone in the bar afterwards. They said how I was "too pretty to fight" and even some famous men and women offered to expose Velvet for letting it happen. Frankly, it wouldn't have mattered if she did or not. She's got enough money to shut almost anyone up.

And that was awful enough in its own way. But turns out my boss letting me leave meant a never ending string of trouble with H.R. such a big amount of trouble, that I was given a 3 dollar pay drop or I was fired. And I'm not sure about you, but that three dollar pay drop would likely do more damage than good.

So, without a job and without money. I was stuck in the situation I was in now. I sat at the end of my uncomfortable mattress, running my hands down my face. I made the bright decision to do all this the week rent was due. I haven't seen the landlord in a few months- but I've always paid rent so either he's just a happy man- or he's dead. Which, he never answers my calls so either he's an annoying happy man, or dead. At this point, I'm voting for the ladder option.

My damp hair was laid flat against my shoulders as I thought of what to do. A towel was wrapped around the top part of my chest- leaving my legs bare. Bringing myself to a rise, I waddled over to my closet. I pushed open the wooden door- listening to the familiar creak. Letting my fingers delicately glide across the many textures and fabrics of my clothes- I decided on a pair of loose fitting jeans and a sweater.

Slipping on the two pair of clothes, I brushed my fingers through my hair. I stole a glance at my bedroom mirror on my way out, accepting that my hair was going to stay frazzled today. My socks padded against my hardwood floors, causing me to almost glide across the ground. I hummed a song, floating my way across the house and to the kitchen. Opening the fridge, I cringed at the empty sight of the shelves.

Today was supposed to be shopping day.

I frowned, slumping in on myself. Yeah, this wasn't going to cut it. I had to find a job. I practically ran back to my room, almost tripping on my pants legs. Sitting down in my office chair, I opened my laptop sitting on a nearby desk. I navigated through the Lock Screen, pressing 'Google' after unlocking it. What do I even start with?

I typed in "jobs near me" and all that popped up was Craigslist ads from meth addicts. "Near me" isn't a good idea. I used to work at a fancy bar, but the law required we live at least 3 to 4 blocks away. Hence- I live in the shadiest part of Mount Rageous. Running my tongue over my top teeth, I searched something else. "Job openings Mount Rageous".

This time, I was met with more worthy job offerings. I was desperate, so I clicked the first link. It sent me to a page full of Job offerings, but a specific one was highlighted. "Receptionist for V&V productions!".

Fuck. No.

I've never closed out of a tab so fast. Before I did, my eyes glazed over the starting pay amount. I have also, never reopened a tab so fast. A whopping 22.63 an hour sat in place. My breath was caught in my throat. Receptionists actually get paid that much? I stared at the screen, contemplating even accepting it. If Velvet hooked up with me a week ago- she'll do it again. And constantly fighting with Orchid would get exhausting.

But, on the other hand- that pay check would be more than I've ever gotten paid.

I groaned, slapping my cheeks. I huffed, weighing my options. This was a hard decision, but I decided to just click the offer. Another tab opened, displaying a question. "Would you be okay with a virtual interview?" I thought that was weird but I clicked yes. I didn't know those exi-

Ring Ring Ring

..I was getting a zoom call. I didn't know they meant now! How desperate do they have to be for them to be waiting on a response? I ran my fingers through my hair, clearing my throat as I pressed accept.

In an office chair, sat what I thought was a dog. But it had glasses. A hair tie. And it was speaking to me. "Hello! I'm Crimp, thank you for accepting a virtual interview. Why do you think your uh.. why are you interested?" She seemed more nervous than I was. "Well.. I was just fired for someone else's wrongdoing. I need a job and when I looked for one- this was the first to pop up."

Is that the wrong answer? Should I have lied? I feel like I should have just said that my job sucks. Maybe then it would be more believable. "Alright, and when can you start?" ..what? I raised an eyebrow, almost if asking if she was serious. "Oh! Uhm, before I ask that. I do have to give a disclaimer- the last receptionist quit because of harassment.." she trailed off, biting her bottom lip.

No surprise on that front. I waved it off, answering her question. "Uh- whenever you'd like-" I was cut off by Crimp violently telling me the Address. "Please hurry, we've been looking for days and Velvet is making me do it." The screen went black as Crimp hung up.

That was..something. I rolled back, taking in everything that happened. No background check, nothing? I took a moment to catch my breath, taking in the events. I have a feeling, that I just made either the best of worst mistake of my life. Standing up, I grabbed my phone and headed for the door. As I slipped on a pair of shoes, I tucked my empty wallet into my back pocket. Swiftly taking the keys off of the hook by the front door, I left.

Turning on my heels, I locked the door behind me. After doing the normal, "turn the knob two times to make sure it's locked", I headed for my car.

I didn't have a fancy car- it was a small black one that had oil transmission problems. And to use the break, I had to slam on it. God forbid someone pull out in front of me- those hospital bills aren't going to be pretty. Pressing the unlock button, I opened the door to the vehicle. It was smell stained with Mexican food and cigarettes from the past owner. Switching on the car, I pulled out of my driveway.

The nerves were screaming in the back of my mind, telling me to just stand everyone up. I mean, how hard could it be to make up an entirely new identity? Plane tickets don't cost a lot, I don't think.

Playing with the skin on my bottom lip, I felt my breath catch in my throat. To match the mood, the universe sent rain pouring down over my vehicle. I grumbled, turning on my windshield wipers. These conditions are awful- not to mention that I don't have a designated parking spot. I'll have to walk in the rain. Today's events are not working against my favor. However, this money at the end of the week is going to be sweet!

I turned down a road I've never even heard of. Probably because I was never given the luxury of having a reason. I frowned, looking at the packed parking lot of the office building. I drove around for what felt like forever until I found a parking spot...at the opposite end of the lot. Pressing my foot against the floorboard, I managed to get the car into a gentle stop. Switching the car off, I watched as the rain poured down outside. I think I'm just unlucky.

I grabbed all of my belongings out of the front seat, shoving them in my never ending sized pockets. Perks of wearing big clothes?

I threw the door open, feeling the rain pour down on my head. I jogged towards the big building, the objective to just get inside. Of course though- this wouldn't be easy. Even from the distance I was at, I could see the mountain of paparazzi out front. My feet collided against the wet pavement as I slowly creeped my way towards the revolving doors.

Once I even got close to the paparazzi, many of them swarmed me. "Do you work for the company?" "Do you know the twins personally?!" "Are you suing?" "Are you angry with the twins?" "Are the allegations true?" "What's your name?"

"Leave her alone."

I heard a males voice through all of the clutter, from under the balcony. Looking through my wet bangs, I saw Veneer. He was much prettier up close. He offered me a hand, which I gladly took. He managed to get us both past the mountain of people and through the doors.

"Well, you look like you've been through it!" He jested, wiping his wet hand on his shirt.

I nodded slowly, laughing with him. I heard soft padding of feet coming towards us, it looked to be a small..mop? Oh that's crimp.

"Hello! The front desk is where you'll stay, unless on break. Which you can take outside or in the break room on the third floor. Follow me, and hurry!" Crimp pulled on my pants leg, much to her avail I followed to save myself the embarrassment of her not being able to pull me. Veneer and me exchanged glances as I was pulled towards the round desk against a wall. It was grand, it had the best computer I've ever seen.

Papers were neatly stacked and my name was on a gold plate in front of the desk. How..did they know my name? "So, here. Sign this paper, this ensures that anything you see, hear, or witness you will not tell In the circumstance to decide to sue. And on this paper, sign and this ensures you won't sue no matter what you see, hear, or witness. Sound good?" Oh yeah that sounds perfect normal. Dumbed down, that's basically saying that I'm completely devoted to this job.

I took a pen from a nearby cup, thinking. Should I do this? I think this is frankly- sketchy. But I'll be able to see Velvet! Despite everything, I still admired her. I pressed the pen to the paper, signing what felt like my life away.

"Welcome to the company, [Name]. I'll see that you have a splendid time here."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 21 5
Hello, I'm Vampz, and I'm obsessed with the trolls franchise and I've been too scared to admit that, but I'm facing my fear☠️ Basically, just some o...
652 13 5
This is just a fun experiment I've created! John Dory, Spruce, Clay, Floyd, and Baby Branch are going on adventures of happiness, sadness, and, maybe...
20.8K 341 21
Velvet and Veneer are the most famous and loved people in all of Mount Rageous. They became overnight stars and made it to the top 5 within a week. T...
17.6K 451 17
Set after Band together, Branch is living with some of his brothers in the bunker when he discovers that he is having a baby. Once the realization hi...